Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People (17085 Views)

Buhari Absent At The FEC Meeting Again As Osinbajo Presides In His Absence.PICS / Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Ortom Donates Items To Agatu Displaced People (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Image123(m): 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2015
CSTR2:
The lake chad commission is a west african-chad-cameroon initiative. It has nothing to do with the UN.
Nigeria is the face of bokoharam terrorism and when the UN organize its own fundraiser, it is common sense that Nigeria should lead.
Btw, i can't see any difference between the past administration and now.
Bokoharam is still wrecking devastation on innocent lives and properties.
I can't list one new thing this administration has done differently aside changing the military heads.
Aside empty rhetorics, pictures and propagandas, there is nothing concrete that shows Nigeria is no longer helpless as you like to put it.

It appears you don't know what you are talking about. The fundraising was for the Chad Basin, you can't separate the LCBC from it. Also, only an ignorant armchair analyst would not see any difference in the boko haram crises.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by CSTR2: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:

It appears you don't know what you are talking about. The fundraising was for the Chad Basin, you can't separate the LCBC from it. Also, only an ignorant armchair analyst would not see any difference in the boko haram crises.
The chad basin memebers are the victims of bokoharam, so ofcourse, the fundraising is for them.
But still, the LCBC was not created by the UN but by Nigeria. The LCBC has its own fundraisers independent of the UN.
Any fundraiser sponsored by the UN for nations suffering bokoharam terror is not under the LCBC. The nations submit their needs to the UN as different entities.
And please, could you tell me one thing that has changed? I seriously want to know.
Every inch of nigerian territory was under Nigerian control before jonathan left office.
So, i hope you don't use it as a campaign for buhari.
Btw, we are all arm-chair analysts. Unless you work in the NSA ,DSS or military, with direct and real updates, then you are an arm chair analyst.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
tafrica:

You are the sycophantic goat. Tell me what the man said that was out of the line. He said Nigeria should have sent delegates if Chad, Niger and Cameroon could do that. Has he said much or even mentioned your god "buhari"? even if he did, is he not the leader of the delegates, were they sleeping when this session was held or busy taking pictures?

The Fool for a President was busy taking pictures!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by DaBullIT(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2015
sinizia:

See what tribal and religious bias has turned you into. You can't even speak the truth to yourself. You now act like zombie. I'm sure if you hear Buhari committed murder you'd praise him for it and call everybody that speaks out - Wailing Wailers. Even your APC followers are too shameful to back you up. Lost soul.

I call em how I see em doesn't matter if anyone supports or not

I don't care what yall say

That said, when the event and the cause is revealed I hope you'll be good enough to come back and apologize for the loose words you've been throwing around
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
Nellybii:

See you teaching someone on how to be president of Nigeria. lol. Have you ever been common class captain before? lol.
Jobless maggots living on Nairaland always looking for what to blame PMB for and attack the government all in the name of criticizm. Anonymous people faceless buffoons.
If you are serious, you will come out openly not hide behind stewpid monikers here mtcheeeee
U stupid no bi small.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
I would have written a proper answer , but from all indications , you hate the man , That's enough to prevent me from arguing, in due time everything will be revealed

What is to like in Buhari?

He is an iidiot! An iidiot who is simply unprepared for the job he clamoured 16 years for!

What excuse is there to cover his crystal show of ineptitude...... "I mean, why then did he even bother to travel to New-York?"

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
You know when ur 16 years old, and your 2 -4 year old siblings are begging and patronizing the uncle next door for candy, and you too join them.

That's how I see it.
#myopinion#adiefunfun
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2015
OboloMAN:

Nigeria should be at the forefront on any issue concerning Boko Haram.

There's nothing to justify the absence of the president or any delegate.

Our topmost priority now is Boko haram

This is a 'begging' sorry fundraising function, nothing more.

We were not there, I guess the country's rep. who were there, properly analysed the situation and took the right stand.
Amaechi, or PEJ could 'dash' us the $2-3m that could have been our share. cheesy

That said, probably it was something else . . . not a biggie in my books though.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2015
Henry120:

[b][s]What is to like in Buhari?

He is an iidiot! An iidiot who is simply unprepared for the job he clamoured 16 years for!

What excuse is there to cover his crystal show of ineptitude...... "I mean, why then did he even bother to travel to New-York?"[/[/s]b]

Sit down!
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
989900:

Sit down!
You are a fvctard!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
Henry120:

You are a fvctard!

Take watermelon it helps with HBP.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2015
989900:

Take watermelon it helps with HBP.

Hand them to your senile President, he needs them more......... probably help him juggle his crashed memory!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Image123(m): 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
CSTR2:
The chad basin memebers are the victims of bokoharam, so ofcourse, the fundraising is for them.
But still, the LCBC was not created by the UN but by Nigeria. The LCBC has its own fundraisers independent of the UN.
Any fundraiser sponsored by the UN for nations suffering bokoharam terror is not under the LCBC. The nations submit their needs to the UN as different entities.
And please, could you tell me one thing that has changed? I seriously want to know.
Every inch of nigerian territory was under Nigerian control before jonathan left office.
So, i hope you don't use it as a campaign for buhari.
Btw, we are all arm-chair analysts. Unless you work in the NSA ,DSS or military, with direct and real updates, then you are an arm chair analyst.

Yes, the fundraising is for them,no one disputes that. It is the importance or compulsion that is disputed. Maybe we should organise fundraising too at church tomorrow, FG should be there as it concerns them. The UNGA has focus and so does the President. It is not compulsory to be at every begging opportunity or offering time. Here's an idea of what the focus was/is.
www.statehouse.gov.ng/index.php/news/1580-at-adoption-of-post-2015-development-agenda-buhari-urges-world-leaders-to-do-everything-possible-to-eliminate-illiteracy-hunger-and-disease-by-2030

We are not all armchair analysts, millions of Nigerians are affected by boko haram and know the difference between now and then. They don't just see 5dead in bomb blast on the newspaper or internet. They have lives and business at stake. It's wrong to say that every inch of Nigerian territory was under government control. Many of them got displaced and arrested and thousands of captives freed after May 29. Maiduguri just had light last week, Borno airport opened after GEJ. Many closed down schools, markets and worship locations just reopened after GEJ. Many IDPs have been returning as they now feel safer. You can't sit in Lagos and declare that nothing is happening.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by favourlove1: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
[quote author=tafrica post=38401760]

You are the sycophantic goat. Tell me what the man said that was out of the line. He said Nigeria should have sent delegates if Chad, Niger and Cameroon could do that. Has he said much or even mentioned your god "buhari"? even if he did, is he not the leader of the delegates, were they sleeping when this session was held or busy taking pictures? [/quot e] no they where purging from excess kunu taken a night bf. Quick to judge but never doing better n what piss me off is d fact that some so called educated peeps would come here to comment based on sentiments. Nija fkd up. That's the simple trut
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
Henry120:

Hand them to your senile President, he needs them more......... probably help him juggle is crashed memory!

. . . sure why not, if he starts convulsing/foaming in the mouth like you, over what you only have a fraction of info on.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by OboloMAN: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2015
989900:

This is a 'begging' sorry fundraising function, nothing more.

We were not there, I guess the country's rep. who were there, properly analysed the situation and took the right stand.
Amaechi, or PEJ could 'dash' us the $2-3m that could have been our share. cheesy

That said, probably it was something else . . . not a biggie in my books though.

Your Opinion.

But to the world that was a Diplomatic blunder.

Am sure the presidency will respond with a Lame excuse.

May be it was prayer time for Buhari, and he forgot to send Amaechi to the Fundraising.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by justmenoni: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
And does oda ppl will select demself shebi??

I don't like abusing ppl but pls if u hv got nothing to contribute why not just read and leave or is it a must for u to contribute when u actually know u hv got nothing sensible to contribute.

Let me ask u simple question ooo,if truly u went to school(in dis case secondary school) did ur teachers just come from nowhere and jump in and start teaching u without been told to do so

quote author=DaBullIT post=38402734]In your mind now , Buhari should do every little thing that shows up, don't we have other people who could have gone ? So lame ish[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
OboloMAN:

Your Opinion.

May be it was prayer time for Buhari, and he forgot to send Amaechi to the Fundraising.

We can only speculate.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by DaBullIT(m): 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
grin You doesn't gbo Oyinbo
justmenoni:
And does oda ppl will select demself shebi??

I don't like abusing ppl but pls if u hv got nothing to contribute why not just read and leave or is it a must for u to contribute when u actually know u hv got nothing sensible to contribute.

Let me ask u simple question ooo,if truly u went to school(in dis case secondary school) did ur teachers just come from nowhere and jump in and start teaching u without been told to do so

quote author=DaBullIT post=38402734]In your mind now , Buhari should do every little thing that shows up, don't we have other people who could have gone ? So lame ish
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Image123(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
989900:
You know when ur 16 years old, and your 2 -4 year old siblings are begging and patronizing the uncle next door for candy, and you too join them.

That's how I see it.
#myopinion#adiefunfun

Don't mind them. After we got over $1billion from world bank. Pledges in millions of dollars from US, France, Germany, G7 etc. Na to answer present sir for $6.8million fundraising remain. When GEJ was dashing south Africa $15million, dey didn't complain.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by nobeku: 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari went to US for sight seeing. Where is the Daura President going next?
To your father's shithole of a house.. to jail him.. MPAMA!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Image123(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
OboloMAN:

Your Opinion.

You forgot that he was in the US listening to the Pope on sallah day. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by favourlove1: 7:47pm On Sep 26, 2015
I thought nairaland rules indicate that people should not make racial or tribalistic comment how come most comments I read here breaths of mostly tribal n religious hate. Nairaland has turned into a tribal war zone. Na so nija wan take move forward? Youth can no longer contribute to a discuss without appealing to sentiments. Smh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Image123(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
Note that the funds are mainly geared towards the region to help with drought and environmental issues. It's mainly a LCBC thing,not boko haram and security. Boko haram worsens matters but are not the primary target here.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Chad_Basin_Commission

https://www.nairaland.com/2626491/buhari-explains-why-he-missed
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
hmmm.... undecided
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by FreeGlobe(f): 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
nobeku:
To your father's shithole of a house.. to jail him.. MPAMA!!!
thunder miapu gi isi there. animal
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
Flets:

Now who should be blamed? Or you want to take the blame for him?

Buhari failed to send a delegation to a course that should be spearheaded by him. Rather he prefers to discuss AIDS and its effect on the main forum.

From every indication, Buhari's fight against terror is only in words. His actions and results has not shown a man interested in eradicating bokoharam.

Don't mind fool called Bull.ari... Instead of him to send delegates for the problem that affects his country Most, rather he discussed aids and hiv at the UNO ..... When we have terrorism and poverty and many other problems to talk about......

Every he goes he takes selfie and pictures, even Jay-Z never do am abi na only am become president
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
The illiterate jihadist was probably hitting his head on Arabian rug and raising his bum up, whilst the meeting was going on.

Keep deluding yourselves.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
favourlove1:
I thought nairaland rules indicate that people should not make racial or tribalistic comment how come most comments I read here breaths of mostly tribal n religious hate. Nairaland has turned into a tribal war zone. Na so nija wan take move forward? Youth can no longer contribute to a discuss without appealing to sentiments. Smh

Gerarahhia mehn shiit! angry
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Progress2468(m): 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
In your mind now , Buhari should do every little thing that shows up, don't we have other people who could have gone ? So lame ish

Yes He should do every little thing that shows up since he has refused to appoint ministers because they only make noise
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 8:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
OboloMAN:

Your Opinion.

https://www.nairaland.com/2626491/buhari-explains-why-he-missed/1#38409577
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Progress2468(m): 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:
Note that the funds are mainly geared towards the region to help with drought and environmental issues. It's mainly a LCBC thing,not boko haram and security. Boko haram worsens matters but are not the primary target here.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Chad_Basin_Commission

https://www.nairaland.com/2626491/buhari-explains-why-he-missed

What is he saying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crude Oil Not Sold For $100 In 16 Years Of PDP – Atiku / Ekweremadu Accused Of Using Stranger To Save Family Members From Transplant Risk / 5 Police Officers Missing In Rivers State After Ambush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.