Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York (41780 Views)

Anambra Billionaire Emeka Offor & His Wife Meet Bill Gates In USA(photos) / President Buhari Meets With Ministers And Governors In Aso Rock (Photos) / Buhari Meets With Tinubu & Sikiru Adetona In London Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by criminalmindz: 12:04am On Sep 27, 2015
Somebody is looking very sick again
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by noblegrex: 12:07am On Sep 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
This is more important to the daura tourist president than attending a high level conference on boko haram.. misplaced priorities from a clueless sectional leader
what I called clueless is asking your president to tend to terrosist.after doing the needful.except you want to supply him gun to confront the Bokos,and that's the hight of cluelessness.after giving your wife money to cook,will she also expect you to do the cooking,abi after paying your child school fees he still expects you to come and do the reading for him.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by ocelot2006(m): 12:07am On Sep 27, 2015
damton:
PMB is our hero. Anyone can say otherwise, it's immaterial.

Your hero, not mine.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by bukqar(m): 12:09am On Sep 27, 2015
Hmmm I can see nd belie dat not every person that go to school is well orientedd or literate.I don't knw y all this southerners always turn against any achievement about the president-elect,nd d northerners.northerners have no any bad mind on u guys.I staydnd sch in the south so I knw many things about u guys you don't have trust on. Ur bother talk more of another person what have the so called leaders did to you pple .buhari is the right person to lead this country if u are not proud of him we are.now every news channels in the world must show one or two story about the new nigeria.so what ever u wnt to say u can say u can't go and remove him from the seat.pls before u talk reason.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by damton(m): 12:14am On Sep 27, 2015
ocelot2006:

Your hero, not mine.
Doesn't change anything, He remains our president till 2023.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by philips70(m): 12:20am On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Buhari will not bother to discuss any real issue with them. No wonrder Obama is not so interested in meeting him again. Others are meeting incumbent world leaders, buhari is meeting ex-leaders. First Gordon Brown now Clinton. So unfit for leadership

Of all the people when dey on row to develop HBP before 2019 na your own dey pain me pass. One, you are my friend and two, you once had sense.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by luckylucky: 12:46am On Sep 27, 2015
I think integrity and transparent accountability have landed Baba Buhari to world limelight. We don't need a soothsayer to for tell that the Westerners believed strongly that he is a corruption free crusader for African in entirety. Sai Baba I will like to be like you when I grow up!
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by pelmart: 1:16am On Sep 27, 2015
I wonder when some said, Buhari need not meet Obama [but He can't meet China, India, Brazil leaders?]. Alas! That is not possible because, for example, China's president Xi, wouldn't waste his time meeting Buhari with no ministers. If you ve been following the news, It is noted that China' Xi, India's Modi all come to UN/US, not fruitless. As in case of china who had signed another historic business deal in decades.
They never come to meeting old people but real active ones
UNFORTUNATELY, REVERSE FOR BUHARI
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 27, 2015
They are trying to educate him on civility and modern life. The dullard is just too primitive!
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by Ijaya123: 2:43am On Sep 27, 2015
QuotaSystem:

You are either grossly misinformed or trying to be clever by half. The meeting in question was a fundraiser for displaced people and NOT about stopping Boko Haram.

https://www.nairaland.com/2626063/nigeria-absent-un-fundraising-boko

Our astute and focused President is meeting the funders DIRECTLY through his rising influence and pedigree while you are here talking plenty.

You have time to waste really. It's like you don't know that some people have been destined to wail till 2023.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by SUBWAY101(m): 3:40am On Sep 27, 2015
Decibel:
The YAMS(Yoruba Association of Muslim Supporters) praise-singers neve disappoint.

Descartes, with all your daily tribal rant, your worthless life is still miserable. What a shame
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by olalat(m): 3:48am On Sep 27, 2015
If he attends, its u nd ur dumb alikes who will come here nd be crying he went to NY to beg. Anyway, idiotic criticism is nw part of ur culture.
FreeGlobe:
This is more important to the daura tourist president than attending a high level conference on boko haram.. misplaced priorities from a clueless sectional leader
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by gnykelly(m): 4:01am On Sep 27, 2015
Nigeria is so important.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by gnykelly(m): 4:05am On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Buhari will not bother to discuss any real issue with them. No wonrder Obama is not so interested in meeting him again. Others are meeting incumbent world leaders, buhari is meeting ex-leaders. First Gordon Brown now Clinton. So unfit for leadership

blind criticism he has met Obama they have iron things out. why should he meet him na. don't just nark if you don't have cogent reasons. even a dog won't do that.NB: bill gate was the man behind the eradication of polio and still working hard on Africa. no be I'm papa land.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by olalat(m): 4:10am On Sep 27, 2015
U are one of d wrong things that is currently affecting our nation polity. Its either u re still living under d cave like ur gr8 grnd pas or u refuse to purge urself of seer bigotary. Akuiyili(RIP) budgeted billions on failed rebrandg of nig, start from obasanjo to jonathan, billions of dollar were spent on power without result. I wonder where all d private investors that were building unoccupied estates all over abuja are presently. I advice u to open ur mind nd move wt civilized people if u re nt opportuned to hv western education.
Sapeleboy911:
Most times I wonder if this politicians are the ones deceiving us, or we are the ones deceiving ourselves. You elected a leader over three months ago and so far so good you've not seen any meaningful impact. Innocent men and women are being killed on daily basis while our president is busy touring the world and still we will shout saibaba. Our graduates are roaming the streets, foreign investors are fleeing our country, in the international community Nigeria is backward in all ramification. That name NIGERIA is synonymous with anything evil all due to how our leaders ruled this country.
Still yet we are praising these useless and a selfish politicians of ours. #whichwaynigeria God help us.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by afinic001(m): 4:12am On Sep 27, 2015
mars123:
Even the blind can see that these white boys respect Buhari.

so presidential...I voted for this guy, I won a bet and a great president.

white boys? Boys must have had a different meaning in your own dictionary! the world's richest man and a former US president are boys?
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by aresa: 4:18am On Sep 27, 2015
[s]
FreeGlobe:
[/s]

Why wory about Nigeria? Shuldn't you be sitting next to your biafra transistor radio?

Let Nigerians worry about Nigeria while you worry about your biafra abeg..
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by aresa: 4:42am On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

President Muhammadu Buhari will leave Nigeria for New York on Thursday for a series of meetings and interactions with notable world leaders within and on the sidelines of the main events of the 70th Session of the United Nations General Assembly.

This is according to his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina.

On the agenda of President Buhari’s talks, deliberations and interactions with the United Nations Secretary-General, Mr. Ban Ki Moon, President Barack Obama of the United States, President Francois Hollande of France, Prime Minister David Cameron of Britain, Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany, President Vladmir Putin of Russia, President Xi Jinping of China, Prime Minister Narenda Modi of India and others will be domestic developmental issues, bilateral relations, the war against terrorism, countering violent extremism, the enhancement of global security, peace-keeping operations, climate change and the adoption of a post 2015 global development agenda.

“President Buhari, who will be accompanied by the Governors of Sokoto, Kaduna and Niger States, the National Security Adviser and the Permanent Secretaries in the Federal Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Defence, Finance, Health, Industry, Trade and Investment, will deliver Nigeria’s Statement to the 70th Session of the United Nations General Assembly on Monday, September 28.

“President Buhari is also scheduled to address the World Leaders Summit on Violent Extremism to which he was personally invited by Mr. Ban Ki Moon during the Secretary-General’s recent visit to Nigeria.

“Also on the President’s busy schedule in New York are a meeting of the African Union’s Peace and Security Council, a High-Level Roundtable on South-South Cooperation organised by President Xi Jinping of China and the United Nations, and participation in the launching of an updated global health strategy for women and children.

“On President Buhari’s schedule too are meetings with former President Bill Clinton of the United States, Mr. Bill Gates of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
which is assisting Nigeria in several areas including polio eradication, and former Prime Minister Gordon Brown of Britain, the United Nations Special Envoy on Global Education who is one of the main drivers of the Safe Schools Initiative.

“The President will conclude his visit to New York on Tuesday, September 29 and leave the city for Abuja on the same day,” the statement read

http://allafrica.com/stories/201509230107.html

To start with, PMB is meeting with so many world leaders including President Obama, president Xi of China and nearly all the G-7 leaders plus Putin of Russia.

PMB already met and discussed bilateral issues with Angela Merkel of Germany. Is Angela Merkel of Germany an incumbent or former?

Our National interests doesn't extends incumbent leaders. For example, former Prime Minister Gordon Brown of Britain, the United Nations Special Envoy on Global Education who is one of the main drivers of the Safe Schools Initiative so please tell us we shouldn't talk to Gordon Brown to benefit from this global initiative?

The sad fact is, bigotry, hatred, bitterness, lousy patriotic spirit, ignorance and poor intellect think and rationalist for you and your bitter kind. Your arguments and thinking are very cheap, shallow and low grade.

You have poor knowledge and even inability and capacity to seek basic info about your own country before exposing your usual ignorance and idiocy just to smear your own country and your own president compounds your many maladies.

You are even mentally inept than a 2 year old baby..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by xreal: 4:58am On Sep 27, 2015
Buhari and the Bills.

My President is active and working.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by lakeside4love(m): 5:23am On Sep 27, 2015
This is for the wailing wailers..PMB would succeed and all you high-pitched wailers shall live to witness his success.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by LastProphet: 5:30am On Sep 27, 2015
QuotaSystem:

Bill Gates and President Clinton are two of the world's greatest philanthropist that have demonstrated commitment to aiding Nigeria in the recent past.

Tell me how this meeting with the potential financiers and facilitators for addressing the IDP issues is more important than a forum the U.N. didn't even bother to add to PMB's itinerary.

why are you bothering yourself explaining to one of the foools that follow Jonathan to the grave? freeglobe is either a waec failure looking for admission he won't get, or a disappointing foool or both, even a goat living in Nigeria knows Jonathan was a complete and certified failure, and that goat is smarter than all the supporters of Jonathan i have met uptill now

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

You are talking about funding IDPs when there is a high level meeting on stopping the monster that causes of IDPs.. Misplaced priorities from a clueless president

Stop yanning rubbish abeg. Someone is trying to educate you and you are insisting on wallowing in ignorance.

The meeting was not high level. It was not the reason they travelled. It was an unplanned side meeting organised at short notice.

Please go to www.gatesfoundation.org to find out what bill Gates is doing to combat HIV, poverty and the IDPs. That man has done more than any other organization, the UN included to help Nigeria. PMB was very right to meet with him.

Don't be the sort of person who talks for the sake of talking. You and TonyeBarcanista didn't have to say anything. At all.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by fyneboi79(m): 5:57am On Sep 27, 2015
President Buhari Shakes hands with a firm grip which signifies confidence. Unlike Gej who aways offers a weak handshake. And this little fact tells a lot about ur confidence level.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by fyneboi79(m): 6:03am On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Honestly, people like Gordon Brown is expired in the global scheme of thing. Buhari don't really have a clue. Of what use is Bill Clinton to Nigeria in this age? He's giving these men media lifeline that they desperately seek.
Now I know u are daaft! How can u ask d relevance of one of the most influential men in world politics. Shame on you boy.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by bashydemy(m): 6:22am On Sep 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:
For your information the VP is doing that abi what do we have VP for? We have a working government inline your Hero and his vp that have no clue on how Govt should be run.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by bashydemy(m): 6:23am On Sep 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Jow many times did your hero meet with Obama during the 6 yrs hardship?
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by villeanns(m): 6:25am On Sep 27, 2015
Good for us.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by bashydemy(m): 6:30am On Sep 27, 2015
hemartins:
it's almost end of the month. pls come back home on time to announce my name in your ministerial list.
If you think PMB will send his list to the Senate under the leadership of Saraki, you are on your own.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by bashydemy(m): 6:32am On Sep 27, 2015
Shymm3x:
Lmao.

Bill Gates has absolutely nothing to offer anyone apart from eugenics and the vaccine ponzi scheme.

What's the point of meeting him? undecided
are you in this planet at all? Bill gates alone will donate more than those countries. All what the countries can do is give loan or send troops.
Re: Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York by badnature: 6:34am On Sep 27, 2015
the child rapist himself,quota system almajiri you are almajiri you remain, zo ka chi kwantai tuwo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused / Reuters UK Predict GEJ Victory In 2015 / Buhari Will Go Back To UK In Few Weeks Time For Follow-Up Treatment -SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.