Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,014 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN (41032 Views)

Fayose Gives N20,000 To A Teacher Whose Shoe Got Spoilt In A Meeting / Amaechi And Wike In Handshake During Peace Meeting On Rivers Rerun / Buhari Explains Why He Stops Attending Juma’at Service At National Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by luvprince4real(m): 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2015
socialmediaman:
The president is right on this one, from the content of this statement, the presidency intentionally avoided that meeting. Its even possible some of the other African nations convened such in order to play a fast one without first consulting with Buhari on the relevance of such meeting. I'm just speculating anyway but Nigeria remains a leader in the african continent and deserves a lead role in such events that involve it as a nation
see as u dey contradict urself. Too much of dis stuff is not realy good for u.
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by dBard: 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
This is a diplomatic faux pas, and the government should just admit they messed up instead of trying to explain away their tardiness in international issues.

This issue is going to come around to bite us in the ass,especially wen funds/aids starts getting disbursed, or wen other issues concerning idps come up and Nigeria will find itself relegated to a mere bystander instead of d front man it should be.

Buharis diplomatic team need to be up and doing.
These embarrassing moments are becoming one too many.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by paramount123(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
please mind the way you talk to an elderly man. whatever you sow you shall reap.stop using insulting words.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by omojeesu(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
cyberdurable:
Daura Dúllard
Kunu sipping Animal of a president..
Please, stop this irreverence towards the President!
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Image123(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
OboloMAN:
As expected a silly response.

Since when did the issue of boko haram become less important to Nigeria?

The meeting is the less important thing, not the boko haram issue. How do you read?
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by refreshrate: 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
sammyj:
This is one of the most smartest intelligent response coming from our president intelligent team. We are solidly behind you PMB ni shakings let wailing wailers group keepon wailing they can never succeed in bring down this government. Shikena! !!! tongue

With this kind of gramner what else could possibly be expected?

Anyway someone has aptly described your IQ level I'll just leave it at that
vikyno:

If that response is intelligent to you, then your IQ would be below the freezing point if I may guess.
sammyj:
This is one of the most smartest intelligent response coming from our president intelligent team. We are solidly behind you PMB ni shakings let wailing wailers group keepon wailing they can never succeed in bring down this government. Shikena! !!! tongue

With this kind of gramner what else could possibly be expected?

Anyway someone has aptly described your IQ level I'll just leave it at that

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by dondavinchi(m): 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
shame on pmb so wat is more important than bokoharam dis man is really drunk general of bokoharam

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Image123(m): 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
dBard:
This is a diplomatic faux pas, and the government should just admit they messed up instead of trying to explain away their tardiness in international issues.

This issue is going to come around to bite us in the ass,especially wen funds/aids starts getting disbursed, or wen other issues concerning idps come up and Nigeria will find itself relegated to a mere bystander instead of d front man it should be.

It's an unimportant, unofficial fundraising event.
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by refreshrate: 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
omojeesu:

Please, stop this irreverence towards the President!
if he doesn't what will happen?
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by MizMyColi(f): 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
PMB goofed big time.
The explanation by Shehu Garba is watery and gives the impression of someone who has the jitters.
I could poke holes, but ain't got no time for that.

So much for being committed to National Securitycheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by dBard: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:

He's already talked about security several times when invited, must he boringly repeat that? There's a session for that which we chair i think. And we do have challenges with HIV. Many are more interested in investing and discussing climate change than our boko haram song, HIV is global and on point. You have a visionary leader for the first time in a long while, let's appreciate.

There are a whole range of issues affecting Nigerians that he could have chosen.
Issues bordering on the Internally displaced persons cover a wide range of subjects that u could spend days talking on.

HIV is overflogged and a ridiculously poor choice at this time.

Let's call a spade a spade

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by omojeesu(m): 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
dBard:

Sending wrong signals. Creating wrong impressions. Suggesting suspicious motives. Promoting rumour mongering!
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
Why won't he miss it? He's Boko Haram leader! angry lipsrsealed cry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by omojeesu(m): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2015
refreshrate:

if he doesn't what will happen?

Nothing may happen. It only speaks volume of the character of the 'insulter'. If he was the President would he want to be called names?

What goes round comes round! The law of the boomerang!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by naijaking1: 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2015
The crime of not going to this UN sponsored event, and the childish excuse offered by the presidency, which one is worse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by dBard: 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:

It's an unimportant, unofficial fundraising event.

Issues bordering on internally displaced persons is unimportant
A fundraiser that most developed countries/super powers deemed fit to send official representatives is unimportant

I really wonder at some of you sha undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by kristisking(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
jaykaylegend:
What more can I say??

SAI BABA!!!
Dan banza kowe!
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Image123(m): 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
dBard:

There are a whole range of issues affecting Nigerians that he could have chosen.
Issues bordering on the Internally displaced persons cover a wide range of subjects that u could spend days talking on.

HIV is overflogged and a ridiculously poor choice at this time.

Let's call a spade a spade

HIV doesn't affect Nigerians? Are you kidding? Anyways, he also gave another speech there.
www.statehouse.gov.ng/index.php/news/1580-at-adoption-of-post-2015-development-agenda-buhari-urges-world-leaders-to-do-everything-possible-to-eliminate-illiteracy-hunger-and-disease-by-2030

Happy?
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by jaykaylegend(m): 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
kristisking:
Dan banza kowe!

Wawa ne, Dan iska
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by porka: 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2015
[size=13pt] Ha Ha Ha,

The leader of LEANEST delegation to the UN in history.

APC, PhD in ungovernable schemes, school cert. failure in governance.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by wiseoneking: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
sammyj:
You people are the ones that will destroy this poor old man when you refused to tell him that there is pit infront of him. Keep on killing your baba saviour

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by porka: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
[size=15pt]That moment, when you have 'a new Muhammadu in town'.[/size]
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by nationwide1(m): 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2015
chinchum:
Meeting is unofficial.

In decision making, you make priorities in competing attention. Is that too hard to understand?
Supporters of Buhari like you have have done him more ham than good.

I wish Buhari success in leading Nigeria but I can't defend such. Even a neonate knows that bokoharam is the greatest problem of Nigeria today. And missing a meeting on ways to end bokoharam should never be applauded by any well meaning Nigerian / Buhari supporters.

Right, he missed the meeting, then how do you defend his speech that had no single line that talked about security?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by teemyte: 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
prettytasha:
ok mr president...ftc.. i dedicate this space to myself to my bestie and to all nigerians grin...... meanwhile folllow my signature , click like and download brothers in arms 3 on your android device grin
Is it a new film?
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by saladin24(m): 9:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
I am an Igbo man and I strongly believe in Buhari
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
socialmediaman:
The president is right on this one, from the content of this statement, the presidency intentionally avoided that meeting. Its even possible some of the other African nations convened such in order to play a fast one without first consulting with Buhari on the relevance of such meeting. I'm just speculating anyway but Nigeria remains a leader in the african continent and deserves a lead role in such events that involve it as a nation

Is their any reason why you don't qualify as an empty sycophant given this statement of yours?

1)Do you know what it means to send delegates to important events to represent your interest?

2)How come other African countries were represented?

3)How come discussing HIV/AIDS was more important than discussing boko haram to you and buhari?

4)How come meeting king of Spain, having meeting with OBJ on politics was more important than sending delegates to such meeting as this?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
Ironically, this demented man doesn't know that he is the object of discussion in the meeting. Old man!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by refreshrate: 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
omojeesu:

Nothing may happen. It only speaks volume of the character of the 'insulter'. If he was the President would he want to be called names?

What goes round comes round! The law of the boomerang!

I honestly refuse to believe you just wrote this. When you people went on about GEJ (not that you've even stopped) these thoughts didn't cross your mind?

it's now it's speaking about the character of the 'insulter"?

We learnt from the "best" - you lot!

What goes around has come full circle you mean? and yes that man is a no good cattle chasing super duper du!!ard! Quote me everywhere, all day, every day!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by refreshrate: 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Is their any reason why you don't qualify as an empty sycophant given this statement of yours?

1)Do you know what it means to send delegates to important events to represent your interest?

2)How come other African countries were represented?

3)How come discussing HIV/AIDS was more important than discussing boko haram to you and buhari?

4)How come meeting king of Spain, having meeting with OBJ on politics was more important than sending delegates to such meeting as this?

shet!

Who is this guy Biko?

sir I duff my hat for you.

God bless you seven times everyday and 10times on Sundays.

meanwhile *follows*
Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by hansad: 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
socialmediaman:

Nigeria - a nation?

and leader in the African continent?

Are you not living in the dream world?

Do you know the meaning of nation?

Does a country where a tiny minority enjoys while the majority suffer deserve to be called a nation?

Does a country where millions of its people from some regions fight for independence deserve to be called a nation?

Does large land mass and population make a country to be a leader?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN by Had1zasaf: 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
cyberdurable:
Daura Dúllard

Kunu sipping Animal of a president..

What role does your insult play in nation building pls

Im not a politician but how will insults,ethnicity and religious bigotry help us

An animal flew the presidential jet to new York... Do we even know if you have a father

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmaad Turns Down Conference Invite Because Bobrisky Is On The Panel / Labour Yields To Fg’s Pressure, May Call Off Strike Monday / Okoporo In Port-Harcourt Flooded After 2-Hour Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.