Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? (24598 Views)

Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? / What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by AlphaDibia(m): 8:41am On Sep 27, 2015
I have several

Proverbs 28:1. The wicked man runneth when nothing chaseth. But the righteous is as bold as a lion

Generally, anything from these wise books: Psalms, Proverbs, Songs of Solomon, Job, and Ecclesiastical.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by dapsonlou(m): 8:41am On Sep 27, 2015
The Lord is my light and my Salvation, whom shall I fear, the long is the Strong hold of my life.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by KillerBeauty(f): 8:43am On Sep 27, 2015
My fav

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Drdaps(m): 8:45am On Sep 27, 2015
I do like this

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Chukabiz1961(m): 8:46am On Sep 27, 2015
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by daclint(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2015
mathew 18:18, by binding and casting level
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by ilo04(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2015
" seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men." (proverb 22:29)
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by BobUg28(m): 8:48am On Sep 27, 2015
Mine is " he that dwells in the secret place of the lord shall abide under the shadow of the almighty"
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 27, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Mine:

Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain that build it: unless the LORD keeps the city, the watchman wakes, but in vain.

God is the foundation of everything I do. Putting him first is the very first step to success

Oya next

Joy Cometh in the Morning - Jesus is Savior
The Word of God says in Psalm 30:5, "...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by ighodalonosa(m): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2015
Laveda:
"But he was wounded for our transgressions,he was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon him; AND WITH HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED" smiley cheesy

Isaiah 53:5
Amen

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by adedapa(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2015
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2015
Exodus 14:13-14,

It assures me that the problems of today will not last for too long, and i shall hold my peace for God gat all my battles under control.

Proverbs 31:11:31. Reminds me of God's special duties for me as a woman, to my family, church and the society.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Iwonttell(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2015
Then the lord said unto me. Out of the North an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land. Jeremiah 1:14

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by rezzy: 9:06am On Sep 27, 2015
Fear God and keep His commandments for this is the whole duty of man.

Ecc 12 vs 13

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Dannyonos26: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2015
talks about vain work...without God's favour
ecclesiastes 9:11

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by uncjay(m): 9:09am On Sep 27, 2015
Romans 12:12 says...Rejoice in hope patient in tribulations, constant in prayer.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by ekpesa(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2015
Proverb 3:5~6 ; Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not in thy own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledged him and he will direct thy path.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by ighodalonosa(m): 9:12am On Sep 27, 2015
Isaiah 54:15 KJV
Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2015
Haven't been to church in 14 years but this was my favourite scripture back at 15, which I still know by memory..

1 Samuel Chapter 16 Verse 7

" But the Lord said unto Samuel, look not on his counternance nor at the height of his stature, for I have refused him.
For the Lord seeith not as Man seeith, for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the Heart."

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by maconzy(f): 9:16am On Sep 27, 2015
psalm 23 all verse in it because it is my everything
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2015
Joshua 1 v 8, John 3 v16 and 3rd John 3 V 2 I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in good health even as thy soul prospereth.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by McSterling(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2015
Mine is

Philippians 4:8 King James Version (KJV)

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things
are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever
things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good
report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any
praise, think on these things."

I think the reason why anyone would like this verse is crystal clear. It shines as light amidst a slew of bull.sh.it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:23am On Sep 27, 2015
"jesus wept" bcoz itz d shortest verse in d bible. No long tin. cool
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Akinz0126(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2015
Eccl7:1 a good repitition @ the time of death is better than a loving care@ the time of birth.
Meaning the begining is not that important but the end would always justifies the means.and also.your repitition(good deeds)is always a means to an end and not an end in its self.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by maureen546: 9:33am On Sep 27, 2015
Romans 10 v 13 for whosoever call the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by omojeesu(m): 9:34am On Sep 27, 2015
John 3.16. This verse is the summary and purpose of the entire Bible!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by benitwater(m): 9:39am On Sep 27, 2015
gen 18v14,is anything too hard for the LORD?this verse give me hope and strength to carry on.happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Laid2001: 9:40am On Sep 27, 2015
Jesus Wept!!!!
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by menxer: 9:41am On Sep 27, 2015
[KJV] Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:..."

This verse justifies scientific principles of reason and logical thinking not "blind faith". grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by pet4ril(f): 9:46am On Sep 27, 2015
Iwonttell:

Then the lord said unto me. Out of the North an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land. Jeremiah 1:14

waooooo could this be what am thinking?
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by freezze(m): 9:47am On Sep 27, 2015
Romans 12 vs 18. Says if it be possible as much as lie within you .... Live peaceably with all MEN.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by buchiluchi(f): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2015
Matthew 6:33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and ALL these things shall be added unto you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekwueme Song By Prospa Ochimana (lyrics) / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / A Sierra Leonian Came Back From Hell With A Message For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.