Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? (24559 Views)

Why I May Have To Leave The Catholic Church / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by dmxqo(m): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by dmxqo(m): 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2012
lots of friends i served with are now members of
WINNERS
CHRIST EMBASSY
or
REDEEM
they were once CATHOLICS
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by dmxqo(m): 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2012
is it that they want more LIBERAL CHURCH
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by isunjaba: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2012
There are a lot of reasons why our present young ones seem to be leaving the Catholic Church, and some of these reasons are but not limited to these:
(1) People who live their Catholic faith in ignorance are bound to leave when they come in contact with members of other churches .
(2) In the past, there were little or no challenges from people of other denominations- specifically, from the Pentecostals. Today, their friends challenge them with biblical passages that most often are wrongly applied and confuse them with it.
(3) Being ignorant of their own faith, they easily fall into the way of those that can coordinate their presentations.
(4) Very few Catholic youths make out time to know their faith. But when they are pulled into the new Churches, they will begin to sleep in those places.
(5) The Catholic authorities are not taking seriously the need to work on their youths,. It is not enough to baptise without following the person up.
(6) The old approach of allowing people to grow and find their faith no longer works.
(7) If I had not worked to know and understand my Catholic faith, I would have since left the Church in the face of challenges from the new Churches.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:02pm On Mar 09, 2012
For the foregoing reasons, must be added that the Pentecostal sects have as standard the "faithful hunting" aggressively. The passivity of the Catholic Church, in contrast to the hunger for growth of Pentecostals.
Second, uptake of the faithful is a matter of faith and principles for the Catholic Church, but for Pentecostals also means an economic improvement.
Finally, while the Catholic Church has a "central government" officially interpreting biblical passages, the Pentecostals everyone interpretations and translations based on the views that everyone suits the case.
Pentecostal groups have had the ability to take away from all other beliefs, accusing them of demonic attack, but in turn, take up elements of traditional religions and make many of their rites, with slight variations , They are separated from everyone, but also very near all!.
In the great majority cases, the "capture tactics" of Pentecostals is not accidental, but reflects deep socio-cultural studies, that just looking to get the best results of mass uptake.
An unequal struggle for an archaic and outdated Catholic Church, which faces a seven-headed monster.
Greetings!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 10, 2012
Because itz no longer a matter of "born in a catholic home"

Catholic youths are more expose to reading the Bible which is the word of God
than the old style of only the priest could read the bible and people just take but hyms to church.

Because of this reading of Bible, catholic youths are more expose to the truths of God's words
and they know that salvation is not found in a church but "In Christ Jesus", not in any other way.

Thatz what i have experience with catholics around me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 10, 2012
East:

Because itz no longer a matter of "born in a catholic home"

Catholic youths are more expose to reading the Bible which is the word of God
than the old style of only the priest could read the bible and people just take but hyms to church.

Because of this reading of Bible, catholic youths are more expose to the truths of God's words
and they know that salvation is not found in a church but "In Christ Jesus", not in any other way.

Thatz what i have experience with catholics around me.

Perfectly stated !!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 10, 2012
born in a catholic family though I disbelieve all religions now.
i can tell you instinctively that everything thought in catholic churches is absolutely crap. no offense intended, reason it yourself, others aren't better because religion is a SCAM.

holy marry, mother of god, pray for them
Michael and Joseph, pray for them,
holy st. peters , pray for them
all the dead faithfuls, pray for them

and you see mind-questioning pictures and drawings all over the walls of catholic churches, not to mention roman sculptures etc,
finally the most silly act of any reasonable youth is to tell his or her misdeeds to a catholic priest and believes that their god has forgiven them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by buzugee(m): 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
cuz they dont want to get r-a-p-e-d  by H-o-r-n-y popes  grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by isunjaba: 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2012
I had made my comments in what could be seen as in a matured and responsible way. Little did I realize that there are babies who are very parochial, uninformed and untutored on the site. I did not and will not find it necessary to condemn any denomination or group. I laid the source of any weaknesses on the Catholic Church- as a demonstration of humility, but not that we are weak. The Judgement should be left for God.

As a Catholic, I have encountered people at different levels of different denominations or Churches and have not found them living better Christian lives than me.
I have received tens of invitations inviting me to come and become pastor in different Churches, but I proudly and gratefully remain a Catholic. Through my practise of the true and authentic faith in Christ, many Catholics who had left the Church have come back.
The Catholic Church "owns" the bible, died to save it, was persecuted in preserving it over the centuries- close to two thousand years, suffered and was badly tortured in trying to spread the Gospel. So I do not see how a baby born today will feel it reads and understands the bible better its father that is 2000 yrs old, to whom the message was entrusted and has ever since remained custodian of the Truth by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We do not and will never make a public flaunting of our knowledge of the Scriptures nor interpret or apply it for selfish ends. It is not a business tool in our hands, neither do we use it to exploit the ignorant.

By the biblical fact that those who live in fellowship with Christ cannot be separated from God now (Romans 8:31) and will never be separated from this union by death (Rm 8:31, Mark 9:2-13), those who die in Christ continue with the ever ending of fellowship and intercession for the living. Our Lord's encounter with the "dead" Moses and Elijah is a sound proof of the fact that Our God is a God of the living and not of the dead. For this, we do confidently and rightly ask for the intercession of the righteous ones who are sleeping in Christ.
If you can ask your pastor whose future is very much uncertain to pray for you, I do not see why I cannot ask the holy and righteous Children of God- like Mother Mary and other saints to pray for me ( for us - you and I ) and our country Nigeria.
We acknowledge that not every of our officials or priests live 100% upright. But please show me that pastor that lives righteously and does not exploit the poor and hungry members of his Church for his personal development.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
isunjaba:

I had made my comments in what could be seen as in a matured and responsible way. Little did I realize that there are babies who are very parochial, uninformed and untutored on the site. I did not and will not find it necessary to condemn any denomination or group. I laid the source of any weaknesses on the Catholic Church- as a demonstration of humility, but not that we are weak. The Judgement should be left for God.

As a Catholic, I have encountered people at different levels of different denominations or Churches and have not found them living better Christian lives than me.
I have received tens of invitations inviting me to come and become pastor in different Churches, but I proudly and gratefully remain a Catholic. Through my practise of the true and authentic faith in Christ, many Catholics who had left the Church have come back.
The Catholic Church "owns" the bible, died to save it, was persecuted in preserving it over the centuries- close to two thousand years, suffered and was badly tortured in trying to spread the Gospel. So I do not see how a baby born today will feel it reads and understands the bible better its father that is 2000 yrs old, to whom the message was entrusted   and has ever since remained custodian of the Truth by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We do not and will never make a public flaunting of our knowledge of the Scriptures nor interpret or apply it for selfish ends. It is not  a business tool in our hands, neither do we use it to exploit the ignorant.

By the biblical fact that those who live in fellowship with Christ cannot be separated  from God now  (Romans 8:31) and will never be separated from this union by death (Rm 8:31, Mark 9:2-13), those who die in Christ continue with the ever ending of fellowship and intercession for the living. Our Lord's encounter with the "dead" Moses and Elijah is a sound proof of the fact that Our God is a God of the living and not of the dead. For this, we do confidently and rightly ask for the intercession of the righteous ones who are sleeping in Christ.
If you can ask your pastor whose future is very much uncertain to pray for you, I do not see why I cannot ask the holy and righteous Children of God- like Mother Mary and other saints to pray for me ( for us - you and I ) and our country Nigeria.
We acknowledge that not every of our officials or priests live 100% upright. But please show me that pastor that lives righteously and does not exploit the poor and hungry members of his Church for his personal development.
It is not a matter of honesty.
I agree with you that many Catholic priests are dishonest, craddle-robbers, etc. and we also know that the vast majority of pastors seeking only profit.
The question of the thread "is why change churches?" and I think there have been many explanations. This is not to say which church is better or who is right ,  but why this phenomenon occurs undeniable.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by vb0mb(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2012
May be catholic church does not allow half naked dressing.
Catholics dont speak in tongues that nobody will understand.
Catholics are too holy.
Catholics dont perform fake miracles
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Rich4god(m): 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2012
Simply put, the world is turning into a garden of entertainment, and you know, apart from the normal conventional choir, there is hardly another form of music/entertainment which makes it boring for some people. Unlike other churches were you can find things that entertain the members.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by bluejeff(m): 11:12pm On Mar 11, 2012
Cos they dont know their faith. Cos as youths, they are easily convinced to go to the 'happening place'. And 4 many more reasons. Dont worry, i dnt have any intentn of leaving. A friend of mine once said even if oneday he finds out that all what the catholic church believes in are all scam, he still wld nt leave. After all which other church is better ?
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ptolomeus(m): 11:48pm On Mar 11, 2012
I understand that if we go to market, we can choose the least ugly apple ...
But I think if we talk about something as serious as religion, it seems to me the most right to choose the church "least bad" ... and say "everything is false but as I continued in this church.
I do not think seriously ...
But it is not critical ... in religious matters each person has the right to choose as he pleases.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Ayomivic(m): 10:51pm On Mar 12, 2012
I was born into Catholic Church,my parent and all my siblling were member of catholic church.In a family of eight,four of my sibling had left Catholic.It remained myself, my parent and our last born.
Many people leave Catholic Church for somany reason but to me i dont think i can like any other churches.Many people that left catholic left for this reason.
1 Some said catholic is cold in prayer and they are looking for a church where prayer is hot,where they can battle there enemies.But if we look at this very well we will see that it was this prayer that the so call pastor are using today to dupe us.I don't know what make a pastor to be greater than me if i can follow what is in Bible and believe in Jesus christ.They were not ordain from heave.
2 Some leave catholic because they thought catholic service was dull and the are looking for a church that is lively. Where they can dance tired.Today many churcher service are like party.
3 Before many catholic members were not coversant with bible and this make the potestans to decieve them. Some said catholic are worshiping idol.
I like catholic church for it is a church that nobody can claim to be owner.It is a church that does not have permanet pastor.You can not dectate what to preach to priests.The catholic preaching is not on worldy things and many more.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by alex406(m): 3:53am On Mar 13, 2012
Thr is a sayin th if u church cannot change u,change ur church. Church will not take anybody to heaven,it is wht you believe and practice tht will . There are some churches whr d presiding officers dont preach heavenly race and salvation. All d preach of wealth and prospoerity. Such churches will nt only demoralise you bt will also lead one to hell.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Skipfr(m): 4:12am On Mar 13, 2012
@ 991 I can rily c dat u hv a brain problem.

D major problem y d youths leave d catholic church is d lack of attention given to dem by d elder and d priests demselves.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by achi4u(m): 4:22am On Mar 13, 2012
some leave catholic church because of poverty and want, to make quick cash out the system, they envy and want to look like pastor this or pastor that thinking they would make a better life-polluting the mind the of the young ones, thats why they keep dividing.well,at the end of the day you see them coming back.thank GOD we receive as many as ten and above every sunday mass.
please tell me the best church today and i will show somthing.

"remember all glitaz are not gold"
hahaha!!!me dealing with one man show and entrusting my life in the hands of strangers.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by lagcity(m): 4:26am On Mar 13, 2012
Becos they are tired of Bishops and Priests playing with little Emeka's john thomas. If na me sef, i go waka one time.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by joudini(m): 4:30am On Mar 13, 2012
buzugee: cuz they dont want to get r-a-p-e-d  by H-o-r-n-y popes  grin

Waaaaaaaattttttttt!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by achi4u(m): 4:31am On Mar 13, 2012
lagcity: Becos they are tired of Bishops and Priests playing with little Emeka's john thomas. If na me sef, i go waka one time.
waka to where
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by lagcity(m): 4:33am On Mar 13, 2012
^^^
waka comot church to a place where the priest wont touch my john thomas. Only sisters in the lord are allowed to touch my thing grin
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Konnektions146(m): 4:34am On Mar 13, 2012
i see it as de youths bein brainnwashed, if de youth put half de commitment as dey do in penticostal into catholic, its gonnna be awesome but people wants action and half-naked dressing ,where dey will fry deir hair, etc

personally i am a catholic and i find peace here, anyday i contemplate leavin my catholic faith, den i quit church entirely cos i ve been to abt 3 other churches and i tell u, its scam, congregations are practically brainwashed and dey worship even de pastor but in my catholic church, no one sits in front sit, no one sits at de alter xcept de rev. and mass servants , no one tells u how dis must be .

i am so proud to be a CATHOLIC

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by achi4u(m): 4:51am On Mar 13, 2012
lagcity: ^^^
waka comot church to a place where the priest wont touch my john thomas. Only sisters in the lord are allowed to touch my thing grin
oh!! that is house of touching thing.well,try dy watch your woman when dy pastor go invit am for sepecial aniothin.beautify galz even married onces no pass their side.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by achi4u(m): 4:54am On Mar 13, 2012
Konnektions146: i see it as de youths bein brainnwashed, if de youth put half de commitment as dey do in penticostal into catholic, its gonnna be awesome but people wants action and half-naked dressing ,where dey will fry deir hair, etc

personally i am a catholic and i find peace here, anyday i contemplate leavin my catholic faith, den i quit church entirely cos i ve been to abt 3 other churches and i tell u, its scam, congregations are practically brainwashed and dey worship even de pastor but in my catholic church, no one sits in front sit, no one sits at de alter xcept de rev. and mass servants , no one tells u how dis must be .

i am so proud to be a CATHOLIC
even if you come lett u go stay outside.

who born you
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Efehiaea(f): 5:26am On Mar 13, 2012
i guess d youth want 2 involve in sexual sins and avoid d shame of going 2 confession wit d same sin regularly cos d guilt n shame of going 2 confession is part of penanance. By d time u reason dat u sef go cordinate!!!!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by virus2010(m): 6:04am On Mar 13, 2012
[quote author=991]born in a catholic family though I disbelieve all religions now.
i can tell you instinctively that everything thought in catholic churches is absolutely crap. no offense intended, reason it yourself, others aren't better because religion is a SCAM.

holy marry, mother of god, pray for them
Michael and Joseph, pray for them,
holy st. peters , pray for them
all the dead faithfuls, pray for them

and you see mind-questioning pictures and drawings all over the walls of catholic churches, not to mention roman sculptures etc,
finally the most silly act of any reasonable youth is to tell his or her misdeeds to a catholic priest and believes that their god has forgiven them...u dnt av anythn 2 say just kip d crap to urslf ok..nonsense
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Exponental(m): 6:34am On Mar 13, 2012
In Catholic, its been operated as a tradition. I fink most are tired of listening 2 same thing yearly.
Seeking 4 religious adventure.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by obicentlis: 6:44am On Mar 13, 2012
It is Poverty, unemployment. Taste for quick money that have led them out. They were confused that the will get all these in pentecostal churches but its not true.
The major causes are POVERTY and UNEMPLOYMENT!
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by felixzo1(m): 6:50am On Mar 13, 2012
The catholic churh is very traditional and has been in extance for 100 of years, most youth love entertainment durning worship. They want things that do do not chalege their lifestyle , so they go churchs those behavours are tolorented. Most youth that leave the church will stay leave such churchs for other insearch of the same thing.
Re: Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? by Burntcoal(f): 6:59am On Mar 13, 2012
Catholic is crap. The first time i attended the service i nearly chocked cos they were all chantin nonsense. Aw can you pray to a humans when the bible says christ is our only mediator and advocate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Mad Man Preaching To Crowd About Hell Fire! (Video) / Anita Oyakhilome Finally Reveals Why She Did Not Attend Her Daughter's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.