Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? (24600 Views)

Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? / What Are Your Favorite Bible Verses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by yomifola(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
DorisK:
Boy! How on earth did you stumble on that chapter? ?

Research my dear... grin

Point of correction, I'm a man angry

But don't mind me, am still a boy that's when I'm on/in gestimani. wink
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by christemmbassey(m): 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Romans chapter 8vs32"he that spared not his own son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by boxypane(m): 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Mine:

Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain that build it: unless the LORD keeps the city, the watchman wakes, but in vain.

God is the foundation of everything I do. Putting him first is the very first step to success

Oya next
Mathew 6:33. It opens all aspects of Breakthroughs.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by viktor01(m): 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
For we know that everything works together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28.
It's my source of strength whenever am going through trials or disappointments, I always believe that it is for my greater good.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by U2ice(m): 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
Jesus wept!!!

Dats my fav bt I no knw whr e de, who knw tell me
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by christemmbassey(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
christemmbassey:
Romans chapter 8vs32"he that spared not his own son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?"
this shows that, all tithe and seeds collectors are scammers.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Gbengard(m): 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Jeremiah 20:11

But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never end.

Amen
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by viktor01(m): 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
AustinowithaC:
Jeremia 32:27- Behold, I am the Lord, The God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?
Brethren, I can't really place the travails that may have befallen you, but the only thing I have always believed in, is that we are serving a Problem Solving God. He wasn't sleeping when he asked us the above questions. My answer to that question will always be an emphatic NO. So what's yours?

NO.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by waice6571: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
Only few people knows this truth.

bosa1:
“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:34 MSG

This scripture open my eyes to the fact that there's something God is doing on the face of the earth and he wants us to get involved in it. All my daily desire, dreams is in what God is doing. All I need to do is to get it right and let my own agenda be replaced with God's Agenda.
Question: What is it that God is doing?
Answer: God is in the business of reconciling people back to himself and that is the reason why he sent his only begotten Son- Jesus and when Jesus was leaving this earth, he committed the same assignment into our hands to continue in what the father is doing.
This might be the time for you to get it right, relax and get employed by God. The Bible says God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by RaeMystix: 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
John 3 :16....The first verse of the scriptures that I had to memorize....Or should I say force to.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by olin88: 3:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
i no the plans I hv for u the plans of gud and not of evil to giv u expected end. JERE 29:11.

I luv dis verse bcus is giving me assurance

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by DorisK(f): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
[quote author=ElDeeVee post=38427831]
Lol ok ooo. You may even be part of the seven women attached to me gringrin[/quote

I hear!
Who sigh? seven Ko? several ni? Even if na Boko Haram wey dem promise seven virgins
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by DorisK(f): 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
yomifola:

Research my dear... grin

Point of correction, I'm a man angry

But don't mind me, am still a boy that's when I'm on/in gestimani. wink

Researcher! No other parts but where they mention boby. ..... My dear, Kingdom of God don near o
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by ElDeeVee(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
[quote author=DorisK post=38432288][/quote]
Those ones are on their own jor...Anyways happy sun to u
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by DorisK(f): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Those ones are on their own jor...Anyways happy sun to u
Wish ya same
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by princessdairies(f): 4:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
Dis is mine

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by daddysprincess(f): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
Luke 24 vs 5 why seek ye the living amoung the dead
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by OCcool: 4:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hebrew 12:22-24 NLT

No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of
the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to
countless thousands of angels in a joyful
gathering.

You have come to the assembly of God's
firstborn children, whose names are written
in heaven. You have come to God himself,
who is the judge over all things. You have
come to the spirits of the righteous ones in
heaven who have now been made perfect.

You have come to Jesus, the one who
mediates the new covenant between God
and people, and to the sprinkled blood,
which speaks of forgiveness instead of
crying out for vengeance like the blood of
Abel.

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by ElDeeVee(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
DorisK:

Wish ya same
Aiit Enjoy your week

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by RALPHOW(m): 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
Isaiah 60:1-22
Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
3 The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by jahson56(m): 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3[quote][/quote]
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Xcozee(m): 7:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
viktor01:
For we know that everything works together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28.
It's my source of strength whenever am going through trials or disappointments, I Always believe that it is for my greater good.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Xcozee(m): 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
isaiah 43:19:

Behold I'm doing a NEW THING: now it springs forth, can't you perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in d desert.

...This was(is) d verse I entered d new year with, and I must confess, the Lord is already doing new things in my life...

#AlwaysBelieve
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by carlosperrera(m): 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Eccl 9vs11
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by obeysexy: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Psalm 91 and John 3:16
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by annawhite(f): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
I can do all things through christ who strengthens me
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Pabloairmar(m): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
1corinthians3:22;whether paul,apollos,or cephas,or d worls,or life,or death,or things present,or things to come;all are yours.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Gynacologist(m): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
YoursGEJ:
Mine:

Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain that build it: unless the LORD keeps the city, the watchman wakes, but in vain.

God is the foundation of everything I do. Putting him first is the very first step to success

Oya next
my broda dis is deep...

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by Fabrice07: 9:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Call me and I will answer and I will tell you great and wonderful things that you don't know. Jer 33 v 3
Seesth thou a man diligent in his work,he shall stand before kings he shall not stand before mean men. Prov 22 v 29
These verses inspire me.
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by beau49: 10:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
ElDeeVee:
My fav

grin grin smh
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by dancoolD(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Psalm 91 omon i too like chapter of the Holy Bible
Re: What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? by ElDeeVee(m): 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
beau49:

grin grin smh
Lol na so we see am oooooooo grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekwueme Song By Prospa Ochimana (lyrics) / Why Do Youths Leave The Catholic Church? / A Sierra Leonian Came Back From Hell With A Message For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.