Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers (29593 Views)

The Watchtower Gospel Vs The Bible Gospel-most Christians Dont Know This / Why Do Christians Dont Worship In Any Church They See Like Muslims Do / Why Christians Should Reject The Bill For A Christian Court In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 27, 2015
It is well... dont let this opportunity pass you by,start making extra cash from this money making machine http:///noj8qmf
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by lifezone247(m): 10:07am On Sep 27, 2015
laurel03:
Some people no dey even near church and mosque yet dey get money die..... Life na grace jare.... How many house u don build?
Ori 're pe jare
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by mirexxx(f): 10:08am On Sep 27, 2015
Lord please answer my prayers cry
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by beatricewebb: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2015
BlackrulesDworld:
Praying is a way of talking to yourself. Thinking out loud,

Nothing good comes out of it.

INSANITY
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by bxcode(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2015
My people perish because of lack of knowledge.
Before you open your mouth to pray God has already answered them the problem is with our receiver and there is nothing like God saying no to your prayers once it's in line with the will of God. The truth is that most of the things that Christians pray for is just lying in front of them in the spiritual realm but they don't know how to reach out and take it, they grapple and plead with God to come and pick it for them. Eg is prosperity, it dosent answer to prayers so also are demons. All these things are our inheritance in Christ what we only need is the knowledge of how to take what rightfully belongs to ours.
90% of my prayer life is now thanksgiving since I found out these truths through messages and reading the word diligently and I have seen so many things I never prayed for happen spontaneously. Life has been awesome and full of joy and void of depression or anger etc.
Knowing God for yourself is the best thing treasure you can ever have.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 27, 2015
EmekaBlue:
i no go lie..i dey vex fr God o..I thank him fr d gift of life tho

cheesy
Good morning
Your post cracked me up!

@ post, when we pray and believe with all our heart (and feel it and imagine it) and trust it to happen (and relax!!!)...God will answer us

Also we have to fill our hearts with love and gratitude and be positive in asking (eg to pray for health, healing and say what we want to be works better than spending energy chasing illness and the devil that cause ill health away and thus focusing on ill health and blocking good health)
It is clear in Matthews, how to ask and believe and receive. We have to believe and feel good about receiving, and then we truly do receive kiss cool

I preach to myself here too
Cheers
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Obiwannn: 10:26am On Sep 27, 2015
989900:
Bottom line, God does/cannot answer all prayers for reasons best known to him.

Not condoning sin, but all have sinned, and have fallen short . . .

Think of all the 'good young' people you used to know that are no more, or those going through really bad times, while the wicked/indifferent prosper.

Even in the bible, Abel was murdered by his brother Cain shortly after sacrifice to God -- you think he didn't pray, or his sins were too much to be forgiven?

Think of Paul, Stephen, John the baptist and many more.

OTOH, think of the ones God saved: Daniel, David, Schadrach, Meschach, Abednigo, the same Paul again, and many many more . . .

Our ways and the creator's ways are far apart, what we see as right might not be in his eyes, saying a man's prayers was not answered simply because of sin alone is limited reasoning . . .

God allows somethings to happen, things beyond our comprehension -- and this really bothers me and some others too, it makes us feel cheated and unwanted -- but it is what it is.

Our knowledge of the universe and it's workings, both physical, metaphysical, and spiritual are very limited, even though we feel we know everything because we've read the bible, quran, and some other educational books.

You can only pray, work, and hope for the best -- it ain't math, if it were, most 'righteous' people should be living in bliss already.

You can only try your best, and ask God for forgiveness.

You are misguided if you think physical wealth is the all in all

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by EmekaBlue(m): 10:32am On Sep 27, 2015
sad I understand but honestly I am just watching and hoping wishing d light i c @ d end of this tunnel of hope faith and patience is not a train coming to crush me finally.
milychocs:

cheesy
Good morning
Your post cracked me up!

@ post, when we pray and believe with all our heart (and feel it and imagine it) and trust it to happen (and relax!!!)...God will answer us

Also we have to fill our hearts with love and gratitude and be positive in asking (eg to pray for health, healing and say what we want to be works better than spending energy chasing illness and the devil that cause ill health away and thus focusing on ill health and blocking good health)
It is clear in Matthews, how to ask and believe and receive. We have to believe and feel good about receiving, and then we truly do receive kiss cool

I preach to myself here too
Cheers
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 27, 2015
EmekaBlue:
sad I understand but honestly I am just watching and hoping wishing d light i c @ d end of this tunnel of hope faith and patience is not a train coming to crush me finally.

E-hugs to you smiley
Just focus on things and people that make you happy...even baby goats cheesy
May your life be a happy, long and full one
Amen

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by chipronkem75(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2015
Well spoken especially unforgiveness. A christian may measure up with the christian profession/confession in many ways but until such a fellow is able to live out sanctification beyond unforgiveness, grudge, malice etc(sins that are within the heart, seen only by God), he/she may have to wait a little longer or even much longer before receiving answers to prayers from God. Brethren beware!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by EmekaBlue(m): 10:41am On Sep 27, 2015
Amen
milychocs:

E-hugs to you smiley
Just focus on things and people that make you happy...even baby goats cheesy
May your life be a happy, long and full one
Amen
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Missy89(f): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2015
So how do u explain huge sinners getting favoured and blessed even without praying. Examples are mob bosses and criminal kingpins? Or even ordinary people that do what you will call sinful acts but doing well for themselves. Gays are one of the richest demographics in la how do u explain that?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by honeric01(m): 10:46am On Sep 27, 2015
Wrong praying pattern.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by ignis: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2015
kennygee:
There's no prayer without an answer tho.

You think so?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
Happy sunday brethren. You might be praying to God for something very essential, might be a job, admission, finances, marriage, fruit of the womb but you dont receive speedily answers and at times you pray for years and it still doesnt work out. Relax there are skeletons in the cupboard you need to fish out that is witholding answers to your prayers. Listen attentively.
Your Life Of Sin - yeah its your life of sin that is witholding your prayer request and God does not hear. You might still be living in sexual immorality, lies, jealousy, covetousness, gossip etc. And you go and kneel down and pray but sorry the prayer cant pass the ceiling.
Isaiah 1 vs 15 -When you spread your hands, I will hide my eyes from you, and when you make many prayers i will not hear because your hands are full of blood. And also in John 9 v 31 says that God hears not sinners but if any man be a worshipper of God and does His will, God hears. So its your sin that seperate God from you so He wont hear your prayers.

Lack of Patience - the Lord Jesus told us to keep on praying and not faint.(luke 18 vs1) this is another reason why people dont receive answers. God's timetable is not like man's own, He needs you to be patient and not rushing Him up. So be patient always whenever you ask God of a request.

Selfish Lust Desires - in the book of james chapter 4 vs 3 says that you pray and ask but you do not recieve because you ask amiss so that you may consume it upon your lust, oh well you ask God of big things that you schedule so that as soon as you receive it, you use it to flex around with the desires of the flesh. God knows your heart and wont give it to you till you repent.

Not Abiding With The Lord - yeah the word of God says in John 15 vs 7- if you abide in me and My words abide in you, you will ask what you want and it shall be done to you.
Have you been praying to God and ask Him of something important? Always abide by praying continually and going to church, study His Word, obey His commandments and praise Him daily and abide continually and you will receive answers to your prayers.

Lack Of Faith and Forgiveness - in mark 11 vs 22 the Lord taught us to have faith in God for whatever you desire when you pray, believe that you receive them shall have them and also forgive so that God may forgive and answer.
These are the reasons you dont receive answers. And you keep on praying but no hope. Obey this steps and receive final answers to your prayers.
Happy sunday
It is not always about those reasons. Sometimes the answer is NO because God has a different plan. We don't even need to pray first before God does anything for us cos he already knows our needs.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2015
ignis:

You think so?

Even "No" is an answer.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by 989900: 11:05am On Sep 27, 2015
Obiwannn:

You are misguided if you think physical wealth is the all in all

The below was the only thing you could grasp? Really?

most 'righteous' people should be living in bliss already.

And how does the above translate to meaning physical wealth alone?

Or when did our physical well being become irrelevant; even to the creator?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by obiak4(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
Happy sunday brethren. You might be praying to God for something very essential, might be a job, admission, finances, marriage, fruit of the womb but you dont receive speedily answers and at times you pray for years and it still doesnt work out. Relax there are skeletons in the cupboard you need to fish out that is witholding answers to your prayers. Listen attentively.
Your Life Of Sin - yeah its your life of sin that is witholding your prayer request and God does not hear. You might still be living in sexual immorality, lies, jealousy, covetousness, gossip etc. And you go and kneel down and pray but sorry the prayer cant pass the ceiling.
Isaiah 1 vs 15 -When you spread your hands, I will hide my eyes from you, and when you make many prayers i will not hear because your hands are full of blood. And also in John 9 v 31 says that God hears not sinners but if any man be a worshipper of God and does His will, God hears. So its your sin that seperate God from you so He wont hear your prayers.

Lack of Patience - the Lord Jesus told us to keep on praying and not faint.(luke 18 vs1) this is another reason why people dont receive answers. God's timetable is not like man's own, He needs you to be patient and not rushing Him up. So be patient always whenever you ask God of a request.

Selfish Lust Desires - in the book of james chapter 4 vs 3 says that you pray and ask but you do not recieve because you ask amiss so that you may consume it upon your lust, oh well you ask God of big things that you schedule so that as soon as you receive it, you use it to flex around with the desires of the flesh. God knows your heart and wont give it to you till you repent.

Not Abiding With The Lord - yeah the word of God says in John 15 vs 7- if you abide in me and My words abide in you, you will ask what you want and it shall be done to you.
Have you been praying to God and ask Him of something important? Always abide by praying continually and going to church, study His Word, obey His commandments and praise Him daily and abide continually and you will receive answers to your prayers.

Lack Of Faith and Forgiveness - in mark 11 vs 22 the Lord taught us to have faith in God for whatever you desire when you pray, believe that you receive them shall have them and also forgive so that God may forgive and answer.
These are the reasons you dont receive answers. And you keep on praying but no hope. Obey this steps and receive final answers to your prayers.
Happy sunday
h
that why for years have stop wasting my time praying because i live in sin
just can't decieve myself
two big anointed ORIIGIN FOR PROPHETUDEME
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by flokii: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

Happy sunday

lemme ask you one question...

have you received answers to your own prayers?

this your ITK lifestyle won't help you

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by uwemetok(m): 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
canalily:
The poster below me is just waking up from slumber and sleep.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by aderonkedeborah(f): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
9ce post

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by mecuzee(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
Simple. Lack of faith. Even an unbeliever can receive answers from God with faith. Read about the woman that surprised Jesus after he called her a dog and the centurion.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
ANSWERS

1) Because we don't STONE THE DEVIL

2) Most CHRISTAINS have WANTS and not NEEDS

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by chineloSA(f): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
bxcode:

90% of my prayer life is now thanksgiving since I found out these truths through messages and reading the word diligently and I have seen so many things I never prayed for happen spontaneously. Life has been awesome and full of joy and void of depression or anger etc.
Knowing God for yourself is the best thing treasure you can ever have.

True, there is always something to be grateful for.

Gratitude, opens the door to abundance.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by mecuzee(m): 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
Sounds good yet not entirely true. God is not going to answer any prayer because he has already answered in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. Christains should learn how to receive from God what has been bought and paid for already by Jesus and stop try trying to convince God to change his mind on something that is his will already. For example it's only an ignorant person that would pray and ask God for healing, because it's bought and paid for and also rightfully belong to them as sons of God. They should learn to receive by faith. He had already given you all the pertains to life and godliness. The Golden rule is to receive when you pray, not after!
That's why lIsaiah 65:24 NLT says...

I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

ProphetUdeme:

Happy sunday
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
989900:
Bottom line, God does not/cannot answer all prayers for reasons best known to him.

Not condoning sin, but all have sinned, and have fallen short . . .

Think of all the 'good young' people you used to know that are no more, or those going through really bad times, while the wicked/indifferent prosper.

Even in the bible, Abel was murdered by his brother Cain shortly after sacrifice to God -- you think he didn't pray, or his sins were too much to be forgiven?

Think of Paul, Stephen, John the baptist and many more.

OTOH, think of the ones God saved: Daniel, David, Schadrach, Meschach, Abednigo, the same Paul again, and many many more . . .

Our ways and the creator's ways are far apart, what we see as right might not be in his eyes, saying a man's prayers was not answered simply because of sin alone is limited reasoning . . .

God allows somethings to happen, things beyond our comprehension -- and this really bothers me and some others too, it makes us feel cheated and unwanted -- but it is what it is.

Our knowledge of the universe and it's workings, both physical, metaphysical, and spiritual are very limited, even though we feel we know everything because we've read the bible, quran, and some other educational books.

You can only pray, work, and hope for the best -- it ain't math, if it were, most 'righteous' people should be living in bliss already.

You can only try your best, and ask God for forgiveness.
Thanks a million times, you said it all, don't mind some hypocrite them, who think they are the holiest, that is why in the bible, two men went to pray, the other one think he is holy and went home with his prayers not answered while the other one who acknowledged that he is a sinner went home with his prayers been answered, we are living in sinful world and everybody has sinned, but what differentiate a born again Christians from sinners is that they are conscious of their sin while sinners live their life as if there is no God and continue in their sin without remorse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
Missy89:
So how do u explain huge sinners getting favoured and blessed even without praying. Examples are mob bosses and criminal kingpins? Or even ordinary people that do what you will call sinful acts but doing well for themselves. Gays are one of the richest demographics in la how do u explain that?
Sin or no sin may not affect somebody's success in life, Cultist, 419ners,arm robbers, corrupt politicians, members of secret cult like Amorc,Grail, illuminati, Freemasonry, etc are the richest people in the world, the bottom line is that God is going to judge everybody at the end of our life, if you live evil life and acquire riches through evil means, hell fire is waiting for the person, if somebody does good in his life time and carry his cross to follow Christ Jesus, haven is waiting for the person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
God abeg answer my prayer na.ontop dat tin wey I dey beg you since.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Billygee2u: 1:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
DebbyChris:
Nice one
let me add few:
a. having an idol: having other option in case God doesn't answer you.
b. keeping grudges/malice
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Billygee2u: 1:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
ProphetUdeme:

Happy sunday
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Annunaki(m): 1:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Demmzy15:
The main reason is hypocrisy, accusing others of what you yourself do. Saying bad things about non-Christians especially Muslims, excommunication of other Christians because they don't agree or accept your views. These are just few, all I listed are the qualities and characteristics of "ProphetUdeme", OLAADEGBU, truthman2012, parisbookaddict, annunaki a.k.a goat, etc.

Example of the Ops post against his own fellow Christians :

These are the kind of Christians we've in Nigeria today, I'm really scared! No respect, just throwing tantrums anyhow.

What is this pig ranting about

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by gr8david(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
May God teach us how to pray aright

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Meet with Prophet TB Joshua in scoan / Woman Gives Birth To Miracle Twins, After Doctor Said She Was Carrying Fibroid / Photos: christians perform drama depicting the crucifixion of Christ in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.