Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,682 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB (30020 Views)

NNAMDI KANU : We Are Not Seceding From Nigeria / Unity Summit: Ndigbo Are Landlords, Can’t Leave Nigeria, Ohanaeze Youths Tell IP / Ohanaeze Decline Saying Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Prince16: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
Timbuktuo:

Hehehe. Thanks, boss. Na so e suppose be. A lot of progress is lost when we resort to mindless hate. wink
OMG!
bn on ds thread right from page 1.
Hmmmmm, sooooooooo much inbuilt hatred spewed forth!
Chai!
@Timbuktuo, na wah o. Its only Almighty God that'll save us from ds perennial hatred of one another.
Chai, such hypocrisy........... you smile @ me/can be my "best friend" (sic) just because u want 2 sell ur market 2 me but when it's time 2 appoint someone 4 a post, u suddenly remember what my great-grandfather purportedly did 2 urs, @ dt point in time u now realise "he's not my brother, I must support my brother"-who hitherto had been of no benefit 2 u!
I'm good enuf 2 be ur client but not good euf 2 marry ur son/dota! That's wen u remember that 'Yoruba men marry many wives'......' Igbo men are strong headed'........ 'hausa ppl are religious fanatics'........
In church/mosq, 'bro Femi' sees 'bro Emeka' as his brother (and vice versa), but when service 'haff' finish....everybody goes back 2 d 'ethnocentric' trenches.
. So, so, sooooo disgusting!
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by macanu(m): 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
tonychristopher:

Tell me the type of Toto u wan blast..make I supply them either Funmi or Femi and zainab
lol bring dem all
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by AsherStorm(m): 1:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
coolscott:

Do not join the SE's arguments or issues with the south-south's. The south east is not qualified to vocalise words about the south-south's issues.

Have you noticed that the Igbo nation never existed before the white man came? (Not that it even really exists now). Please it is indeed something of an insult.

Let them flaunder alone as they continue to do - searching for an identity outside of themselves and in haraunging others instead of looking inward, inside themselves, to re-evolve and define a constructive national Igbo identity

Good one...
I thot both SE and SS are together in this biafra clamour
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by j1mmy: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nigeria will benefit for sure...at least IGBO drug dealers and criminals will no longer be called Nigerians
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

This revision of history is dead on arrival.

After Ooni's death many non-Yorubas for the first time, going by the spicy fictitious tale of a runaway Abobaku got a glimpse into this old tradition in Yorubaland.
What realy is Abobaku?

Abobaku translates as one attached to guard the person of an Oba and commited to sacrifice his life in defense of the Oba's life. He carries on him a sword and is equally ready to behead any person who intentionally endangers his Oba's safety. Once the Oba dies an Abobaku is ready to go in service for next Oba or be reassigned to other palace guard duties. The Abobaku corps is the Yoruba equivalent of Brigade of Guards.

In military heirarchy, an ADC is typically chosen from brigade of guards. An ADC is commited to stay on side of his principal and take a bullet for him or put a bullet in others who risk or threaten safety of his person. In Nigeria an ADC is simply an Abobaku. In places like US secret service agents are nothing but Abobaku.

It is intriguing to read that Ironsi's ADC, Nwankwo fled the scene. Can you please share more on this historic escape?

It is even absurd to read an escapee Nwankwo position himself as brave and label Fajuyi who stayed to protect and take a bullet for Nwankwo's principal as coward.

Ibos are just not capable of understanding political relationships at all. Ibos brain is not wired appropriately to cope with the complexities and abstracts of playing politics at the level demanded by our national polity.

OPC, you've got no point on this issue of ADC!

However, I understand you sustained fatal injuries following yesterday's (Sept. 27) brutal encounter in which you dabbled into voodoo economics and analysis of how the SW economy is far superior to that of SE.

Borrowing your own words, "it will take a million Biafran pound to buy one Alare (Yoruba) pound at exchange... and everything else instituted in West by Yorubas is a million times better when scaled against same criterias in East. This explains the migration and also the mindset to accept being a lower class untitled citizens in Yorubaland than the privilege of pedigree status back home in Alaibo."

I do hope the bleeding from the resounding response isn't much.

Take heart as you nurse your self-inflicted injuries.
Try take some time out to get healed quickly. The resting period will also afford you ample time for retrospection as you learn to desist from spreading baseless theories and lies to score momentary cheap points for Yoruba tribe.

At your leisure use these links for further review of your voodoo economics and analysis of SW economy vis-a-vis SE economy:

https://www.nairaland.com/2627252/7-states-highest-number-mud
https://www.nairaland.com/2627563/top-10-reasons-why-igbos

Good luck!
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by dabossman(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
Prince16:

OMG!
bn on ds thread right from page 1.
Hmmmmm, sooooooooo much inbuilt hatred spewed forth!
Chai!
@Timbuktuo, na wah o. Its only Almighty God that'll save us from ds perennial hatred of one another.
Chai, such hypocrisy........... you smile @ me/can be my "best friend" (sic) just because u want 2 sell ur "market" 2 me but when it's time 2 appoint someone 4 a post, u suddenly remember what my great-grandfather purportedly "did" 2 urs, @ dt point in time u now realise "he's not my brother, I must support my brother"-who hitherto had been of no benefit 2 u!
I'm good enuf 2 be ur client but not good euf 2 marry ur son/dota! That's wen u remember that 'Yoruba men marry many wives'......' Igbo men are strong headed'........ 'hausa ppl are religious fanatics'........
In church/mosq, 'bro Femi' sees 'bro Emeka' as his brother (and vice versa), but when service 'haff' finish....everybody goes back 2 d 'ethnocentric' trenches.
. So, so, sooooo disgusting!

The bolded is what amazes me the most. On some folks Facebook page you will see one scriptural post declaring their faith and love for their brethren, then its immediately followed by an ethnocentric post filled with hate and prejudice. God will help us.
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by EagleNest(m): 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nice one!
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by tonychristopher: 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
macanu:
lol bring dem all

Lol
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by MrWisdom(m): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
What elders see while sitting, youths can not....indeed. Fella, these days, the olds are too blind to see, the youths actually do the seeing.
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by cupidFlint(m): 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Alihkizito:

i dont know wat pleasure u deriv always been insultively stupid.:p :p
Confused mo'fo have I ever insulted you?
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by bigbonecrush: 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
DocAdray:

Shame on you for this comment, bigot!
SMH!

Black pot calling kettle black! I merely responded to one of many threads on your tribal bigotry, goat!

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Duru1(m): 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Youth wing of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, the Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has advised those spearheading the agitations of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra that seceding from Nigeria would not be in the interest of Ndigbo.

The OYC National President, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro stated this on Saturday during a press conference in Umuahia, the Abia State capital, while unveiling plans for this year’s Igbo Youths Day slated for Monday in Umuahia.

He stressed that it is better for Ndigbo to remain in Nigeria and struggle for their fair share of the ‘national cake’ than fight for self-determination which is bound to come with consequences.

“It is better we remain in Nigeria and fight for our rights than secede. We have been patient enough and in 2019, it will be our turn to produce a Nigerian President. It will take a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction to heal the wounds of Biafra,” he stated.

Isiguzoro however called on the Federal Government to unconditionally release all members of MASSOB and other Biafran activists detained in various prisons across the country, and address injustices against Ndigbo in the country, which he noted were the major reason for the agitation for self-rule by MASSOB and other pro- Biafran groups.

He maintained that it flies in the face of reason for MASSOB members who are non-violent to continue to be held illegally for years in detention, ‘‘while the same government is busy releasing captured members of violent groups like Boko Haram and Niger Delta militants who have taken up arms against the state.”

“Since the Federal Government is secretly negotiating with Boko Haram terrorists, why can’t it also negotiate with MASSOB, which is non-violent? Since it is releasing some Boko Haram fighters, it should also consider MASSOB members detained illegally in prisons,” he added.

The OYC President however declared support for the anti-corruption crusade of President Muhammadu Buhari, stressing that those responsible for the woes of Nigeria should be brought to book.

He went on to reveal that this year’s Igbo Youths Day would be used to sensitise Igbo governors on the urgent need to invest in agriculture for youth empowerment.

In an earlier remark, Chairman of the organising committee and National Vice-Treasurer of OYC, Dr. Lawrence Dozie, gave the theme of this year’s celebration as “Ndigbo: The Challenges of our Youths.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/27/ndigbo-wont-be-better-off-seceding-from-nigeria-ohanaeze-advises-massob/

Youths are always short ranged in intellect. Thank goodness that this rubbish came from youths that have too much to drink.
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by bigbonecrush: 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2015
cupidFlint:
You sef try get small brain. It doesn't cost a dime to be sensible you know.

Why didn't you get one, since it doesn't cost a dime?

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by DocAdray(f): 7:39am On Sep 29, 2015
bigbonecrush:

Black pot calling kettle black! I merely responded to one of many threads on your tribal bigotry, goat!

Pig!
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Alihkizito(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2015
cupidFlint:
Confused mo'fo have I ever insulted you?
guy ur first issue "papa" mo'fo grin
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by neocortex: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2015
MightySparrow:

Fine be a vanguard to your Kins to stop harassing people and plan a strategy to put somebody in Aso Rock. I am a. Yoruba person (and proudly that); we find ourselves in this country by divine design, though it is a marriage of strange bed fellows. We cannot easily change that.
For Yorubas to lose foremost persons like MKO, Kudirat Abiola, Olu Onagoruwa, Bola Ige etc and some agitators (living or dead) like Femi Falana, Gani Fawhinmi, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Awolowo etc struggling to make Yorubas gain relevance in Nigeria politics is not a joke.
So, some over zealous Igbo youths write nonsense here to harass people. Better strategy with patience will yield a desirable answer soon. Very soon. Long live Ndigbo.

What you just wrote up there is the mindset of a slave
who is hoping he will one day be emancipated.
Fela once said you can't dash somebody his right,
how can you be suffering and be hoping that one day
someone out there will pity you ?
Those who don't put their destiny into their own hands always
end up where they don't want.
I have checked the history of successful countries,
none of them rely on external factors to take them there.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by MightySparrow: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
neocortex:

What you just wrote up there is the mindset of a slave
who is hoping he will one day be emancipated.
Fela once said you can't dash somebody his right,
how can you be suffering and be hoping that one day
someone out there will pity you ?
Those who don't put their destiny into their own hands always
end up where they don't want.
I have checked the history of successful countries,
none of them rely on external factors to take them there.

Ok o you are the master with a masterly mindset coutinue to harass and abuse every tribe. Few days ago, Area boys were looting shops in Lagos 'no man's land' I even learnt the area boys were even Igbos claiming their right. grin gringrin
The next thing expected of Igbos is to initiate a fight in Lagos. And take over Oba of Lagos palace. Take the throne or buy the theone of Emir of Sokoto. If you have travelled outside your Igbo land to the north and feel the northern opinion about you igbo you will know tgat yorubas still tolerate Igbos. Buy the time you carelessly court the trouble. Of Yorubas and they turn agaist you, you will become an endangered species in Nigeria.
All hail 'the masterly Igbo ;d grin
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by bigbonecrush: 10:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
DocAdray:

Pig!

You dried vulture squirming with maggot at your rotten beak

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by neocortex: 10:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
MightySparrow:

Ok o you are the master with a masterly mindset coutinue to harass and abuse every tribe. Few days ago, Area boys were looting shops in Lagos 'no man's land' I even learnt the area boys were even Igbos claiming their right. grin gringrin
The next thing expected of Igbos is to initiate a fight in Lagos. And take over Oba of Lagos palace. Take the throne or buy the theone of Emir of Sokoto. If you have travelled outside your Igbo land to the north and feel the northern opinion about you igbo you will know tgat yorubas still tolerate Igbos. Buy the time you carelessly court the trouble. Of Yorubas and they turn agaist you, you will become an endangered species in Nigeria.
All hail 'the masterly Igbo ;d grin

What makes you think I am Igbo ?
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by DocAdray(f): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
bigbonecrush:

You dried vulture squirming with maggot at your rotten beak

Try harder, rabid dog!
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by bigbonecrush: 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
DocAdray:

Try harder, rabid dog!

You no try, gutter swine!

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by DocAdray(f): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
bigbonecrush:

You no try, gutter swine!

Well done, cachexic hippo!
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by mustafo: 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
DocAdray:

Well done, cachexic hippo!

Bia nyamiri, you are dribbling muck at your sewage mouth, onyoshi

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by bigbonecrush: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
You pile of sour donkey dung!

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by DocAdray(f): 11:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
mustafo:

Bia nyamiri, you are dribbling muck at your sewage mouth, onyoshi

Onye ugwu, dan Allah gafara hanya!
Shegu da jara, tsakare, wawa kawai!
Anuofia..
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by wale6run: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
DocAdray:

Pig!

Assho.le dog

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by DocAdray(f): 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
wale6run:

Assho.le dog

Punk a.ss rhino!
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by bigbonecrush: 11:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
DocAdray:

Anuofia..

Shoo shoo, demented backhole ghost, you are at war with your iniquitous impish ghost

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by wale6run: 11:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
DocAdray:

Anuofia..

I can see you are nothing but a mixture of she-male shi.t, oloshi

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by DocAdray(f): 11:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
bigbonecrush:

Shoo shoo, demented backhole ghost, you are at war with your iniquitous impish ghost

Spewing thrash!
Go back and re-consult your dictionary.
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by mustafo: 11:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
DocAdray:

Punk a.ss rhino!

Nyamiri anthropophagus, you are not worth it, onyera

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Is Too Soft On Nnamdi Kanu — Bankole-hameed / Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer & FFK Interviewed In Abuja Court (Video) / Presidential Jet: Hanan Buhari Was On Official Assignment ― Buhari Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.