Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB (30015 Views)

NNAMDI KANU : We Are Not Seceding From Nigeria / Unity Summit: Ndigbo Are Landlords, Can’t Leave Nigeria, Ohanaeze Youths Tell IP / Ohanaeze Decline Saying Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by hansad: 6:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
criminalmindz:
I know quite well that the ruling All Progressive
Congress is not favorable to having opposition. I
am also aware that they are very desperate to shut
down opposition, but I really under-estimate the
degree to which APC can go to shut down
opposition. When I pulled out of the fraud called APC in
February 16, all manners of missiles were thrown at
me by members and supporters of the APC with
sole aim of either getting me return or to silence my
voice. In fact, I had to be more security conscious
because life is precious. Nevertheless, I assumed that all those exhibition of hate start and end on
Nairaland forum. Blocking of My Facebook Account: Towards the end of last month, I created a
facebook page TONYE BARCANISTA so as to reach
people on facebook despite having an existing
facebook account with name SOLOMON TONYE. I
ensured that message/articles on TONYE
BARCANISTA are written in a way that it won't connote inciting against the Nigeria state, but left it
within the confines of constructive criticism. About
Two weeks into operation of the account, I
received a message from FB that I have been
reported for not using my 'Real Name' and always
tagging friends. They gave me the grace of uploading my ID to show that the name on the
page is my real name. They also said if I had
inputed a phone number, all I would have done
was phone verification. The account was
suspended/closed/blocked. Blocking of My Main FB Account: After the blocking of the TONYE BARCANISTA
account, I reverted to my existing SOLOMON TONYE
account. Both names are mine, and the account is
connected with my phone number. However, hours
after sharing the article titled The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Have The Upper-hand on my FB page, I got a message from some guy
saying that 'we are working on this your page'. I
ignored the user because I believe that worse come
to worse, I will be asked to do a phone verification.
Few hours ago, I tried to access my FB page but I
was told to 'verify' my account by uploading a Valid ID (and not through phone). Note that on this
account I never at any time tag any user.
Unfortunately for them, I will NOT submit my ID to
them because I have lost confidence on FB to keep
my ID confidential.
Since leaving the APC camp, they have deployed the following to gag me:
1. They engaged in character assassination, Insults
and varying forms of cyber abuse to no avail.
2. They Created parody accounts on Nairaland to
deceive unsuspecting members of the public, but it
was futile. 3. They Vigorously stalked me on FB to see that my
accounts are locked. This won't stop the advocacy
for good governance.
I want to assure them that their efforts to see that
I'm silenced on social media shall amount to futility.
What will they do next? Will they move their madness to my twitter page or eliminate me
completely?
No Retreat, No Surrender!

In battles, those who are neither here nor there are easily mowed down.
All the fiasco in Nigeria's political process is about who must control the proceeds from crude oil in the Niger delta - not for the good governance you say you crave.

Hardly any Nigerian leader craves for good governance. It is all about what the leaders can get for themselves and their regions from the national cake - the cake being baked from proceeds from oil and VAT.

And so long as the existing political structure and increasingly monstrous unitary government system continue, the worse case scenarios must surface in Nigeria.

Guess why people of Biafra push to exit Nigeria where true and fiscal federalism shall be the backbone of the federation of Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by cyberdurable(m): 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Yolobar Oyah food dun done, dunno y u guys are scared to lose us sha

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by sunsewa: 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Youth wing of the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, the Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has advised those spearheading the agitations of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra that seceding from Nigeria would not be in the interest of Ndigbo.

The OYC National President, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro stated this on Saturday during a press conference in Umuahia, the Abia State capital, while unveiling plans for this year’s Igbo Youths Day slated for Monday in Umuahia.

He stressed that it is better for Ndigbo to remain in Nigeria and struggle for their fair share of the ‘national cake’ than fight for self-determination which is bound to come with consequences.

“It is better we remain in Nigeria and fight for our rights than secede. We have been patient enough and in 2019, it will be our turn to produce a Nigerian President. It will take a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction to heal the wounds of Biafra,” he stated.

Isiguzoro however called on the Federal Government to unconditionally release all members of MASSOB and other Biafran activists detained in various prisons across the country, and address injustices against Ndigbo in the country, which he noted were the major reason for the agitation for self-rule by MASSOB and other pro- Biafran groups.

He maintained that it flies in the face of reason for MASSOB members who are non-violent to continue to be held illegally for years in detention, ‘‘while the same government is busy releasing captured members of violent groups like Boko Haram and Niger Delta militants who have taken up arms against the state.”

“Since the Federal Government is secretly negotiating with Boko Haram terrorists, why can’t it also negotiate with MASSOB, which is non-violent? Since it is releasing some Boko Haram fighters, it should also consider MASSOB members detained illegally in prisons,” he added.

The OYC President however declared support for the anti-corruption crusade of President Muhammadu Buhari, stressing that those responsible for the woes of Nigeria should be brought to book.

He went on to reveal that this year’s Igbo Youths Day would be used to sensitise Igbo governors on the urgent need to invest in agriculture for youth empowerment.

In an earlier remark, Chairman of the organising committee and National Vice-Treasurer of OYC, Dr. Lawrence Dozie, gave the theme of this year’s celebration as “Ndigbo: The Challenges of our Youths.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/09/27/ndigbo-wont-be-better-off-seceding-from-nigeria-ohanaeze-advises-massob/

l concurr with the above post,Biafra sovereignty agitation presently is for poor and illiterate minded fellows,am not in support, since we missed it then 1967,let's forget it and fight for our rights in this present settings, no rich dude with investments will supports anything that will derail is joy.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Fearlessjoe(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
Anybody can say what they like about Biafra, maybe Buhari has given the mugu little money, but when the time comes the zoo will know that we are not joking. GOD BLESS BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by teamchocolate: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2015
No shame,biafran[/b] celebrating his birthday in agodi gardens [b]IBADAN

You people no dey shame, everywhere in south west is like little london to u...yet u won't tell ur leaders to develop ur erosion ridden red mud lands... hypocrites. We want biafra indeed undecided undecided undecided

Sunnycliff:
OYC, what guarantee do u have that you will be given d privilege to produce next Nigeria President?

You guys should go and rest.

#proudlybiafran.

Thank God for am alive to celebrate my birthday today. It was a great success at Agodi Gardens Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Enesi47: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
hansad:

North and Yoruba have ruled Nigeria for decades, where is Nigeria?

North has driven Igbo away from north.

Yoruba cries that Igbo is grabbing Lagos from Yoruba.
What is wrong with Igbo separating from Nigeria? Igbo people should them self then! Why yoruba not complain about housa? Why hausa not complain about yourba? Because yoruba also live large like igbo
What type of country exists like Nigeria?
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by BestKato(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
This idiots are still blind till now sorry for anyone who is not IPOB member

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by IYANGBALI: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
Biafra is a dead project. Who doesn't know this? grin
only foools and dreamers do not know it

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by methodyk: 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
ExInferis:
This garri sniffing braggards are at again. Talking about injustice, which injustice?

You fools started the civil war, you fools refused to go to school choosing instead to engage in crime. Now you want to blame others for your numerous failures.

After killing our leaders in the 1960s you should be thankful we spared some of you to breed. Start your rubbish biafra and see how quickly we'll wipe you scum out.

Nonsense, claiming you sustain nigeria. How? By poisoning us with fake drugs? By tarnishing our national image with 419 and drug trafficking? By eating up the ecosystem in the name of bushmeat? By unleashing your prost1tute daughters to spread HIV?

Cowards. Your Massob crooks in jail will not be released. Do your worse, if you're so tough do like Boko Haram and break them out. Enough talk about biafra. Bring it on.

Lousy slimy illiterate loud mouths

....another wasted spermatozoa on the loose!

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
ghananotnaija:
Every tribe in Nigeria will have much to gain from independence. Nigeria is a prison of tribes, which will have nothing to lose but exploitation, neglect, corruption, and oppression from the central government, and everything to gain in the breakup of Nigeria. There should be an independent country for each tribe that wants to be a sovereign entity: Igboland, Ijawland, Edoland, Yorubaland, Hausastan, Kanuristan, etc. We at Ghana will support each and every part of Nigeria that wants to break free!

Mr face your front Jawe . people they Talk Ghanians 1 still talk.. mtcheww ... Oh I see you praying 4 Nigeria to divide so you can Champion West Africa.. U lie.. Nigeria Cannot divide. 4get wat you see on NL ..

I and my People Re proud of my country.

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by victorkato(m): 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Strong Social and Economic Justice is needed to make this Nigeria worth it. No other way ooooo

We all got pains
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by sukkot: 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
Fearlessjoe:
Anybody can say what they like about Biafra, maybe Buhari has given the mugu little money, but when the time comes the zoo will know that we are not joking. GOD BLESS BIAFRA
bros help me with this question. why is it that ndigbo pronounce ' chest ' as if they are saying ' chaste '
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Enesi47: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
Even if to say okorocha win primary electoin in APC will igbo people's have vote for him? You people's are the problem of your self
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Mungozutu: 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
These people are living in self inflicted bondage and showing love to other tribes can set them free from this captivity. However, they cannot rule Nigeria becaus other tribes will not vote for them for lack of trust

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Patode: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
The Igbos are very smart people, but being smart is knowing what you are dumb at.
Have we checked the map of Nigeria to see the land mass that will be Biafra?
This will be a land-locked country without adequate resources.
Everything sent to Biafra will pass through Nigeria, with Custom duties and over flight duties.
All assets in Nigeria (from PortHarcout, through Lekki to the North) will become subject to foreign taxes.
How many of these Igbos with the properties will like to be applying for Immigrant or visiting visas?

3 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by wristbangle: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
If biafra wants to leave, they should allow them to do the needful... biko! Without them, we are better off.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by wristbangle: 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
Enesi47:
Even if to say okorocha win primary electoin in APC will igbo people's have vote for him? You people's are the problem of your self

Sir, a crate of orijin for you. cool
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by cupidFlint(m): 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
bigbonecrush:

Is it your provision stores stacked full of fake goods or armed robbery that is sustaining Nigeria? Remember you depend on the North for your food and meat!
You sef try get small brain. It doesn't cost a dime to be sensible you know.
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Pesuzok(m): 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
These biafra agitators are not being realistic. Maybe they live in onitsha and enugu and think south south will join them. If you live in Rivers or akwa ibom, you will see that the igbos are not accepted. Do you know that an igbo man cannot buy a piece of land in omuku. An Ikwerre man will say he is not igbo. Even if the south south decides to join, do you think you will see their oil, they will control that and the igbos will begin to shout marginalization again.

I am an igbo, but I don't think biafra is the way, neither do I think that the Nigerians will close a blind eye and allow an igbo presidency, so we need to fight for it politically by making allies and not enemies.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by macanu(m): 6:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
U don't need to worry yourselves,am not igbo but I tell u if biafra come today d world will see a nation beta den china, south korea and even d almighty USA,they will see technology they have neva seen b4,that is what the white man and nigeria is afraid of because if u let biafra be today that is the end of black man modern slavary in d world blive it or not, example hv a gone to aba and see what this guys fabricating without even going to school to learn it,they are just naturally born scientist, I see a greater africa china in biafra,biafrans if you know what u r fighting for worth it keep fighring for, u may not live to see the joy aftermath but remember u did it for your future generation.

8 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by hansad: 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

But igbos had the opportunity of voting in Ojukwu for president many times. Why didn't you guys vote him in?

Igbos knew before hand that Igbo votes alone couldn't make Ojukwu president of Nigeria

Igbos are wiser than your lot.

Yoruba and north have ruled Nigeria in the last fifty years, what did you benefit apart from bragging that Igbo shall not rule Nigeria again?

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by martineverest(m): 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2015
Hmmm...nobody hate igbos.the igbos created d problems demselves by refusing to integrate into nigeria.they isolated demselves 4rm oda ethnic groups and protray dia 'ethnocentric' xteristics to oda tribes....the igbo man dat made the statement above is right;he noticed dat ibos wud really find it difficult if dey go biafran route..
Gozzzy:
The truth still remains that this agitation for secession can never stop, as long as the injustice and unnecesary hatred being metted out on Igbos, still persist. If we check it very well, the major people that are helping in boosting the economy of Nigeria, and saving Nigeria from irreversible economic armageddon, even in the face of massive lootings, are Igbos due to their extreme hard working and industrious natures, quote me anywhere... We at least, deserve to be appreciated, respected and deserve to be properly integrated into the Nigerian state, if not, the agitation for secession, will still not cease.
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by billyG(m): 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
They just keep wailing as if they are d only maginalised tribe in nigeria,what of other ethnic grps that hav been suffering since indpdnt?the 3 major ethnic grps:WA.ZO.BIA are our major problem in nigeria i wish those 3 can fight themselves to Extinction.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by hansad: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Pesuzok:
These biafra agitators are not being realistic. Maybe they live in onitsha and enugu and think south south will join them. If you live in Rivers or akwa ibom, you will see that the igbos are not accepted. Do you know that an igbo man cannot buy a piece of land in omuku. An Ikwerre man will say he is not igbo. Even if the south south decides to join, do you think you will see their oil, they will control that and the igbos will begin to shout marginalization again.

I am an igbo, but I don't think biafra is the way, neither do I think that the Nigerians will close a blind eye and allow an igbo presidency, so we need to fight for it politically by making allies and not enemies.
The same outdated divide-and-rule tactics which your fathers employed to separate Igbos from the south south so that when they exploited the old southeast region, there should not be any strong opposition from either the Igbo or the south south... Fake Igbo.

What happens to the use of a referendum to determine political issues in a country?
Nigeria cannot be immune to referendum for ever and still call itself a modern country.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by PecE2Make: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Until my village road is tied then will I know that there is one Nigeria otherwise, biafra or the zoo will melt.
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
xtrorse:
[b]'One Nigeria' is just for self benefit - anybody or tribe who is benefiting from it, be it in civil service, politics and business through monopoly, backed by evil structures put in place by past rulers will not agree that Nigeria should be restructured or otherwise. Many people have been sacrificed and are still being sacrificed to keep Nigeria one at the expense of justice, fairness and equity with crass looting of the treasury holding sway. 

The moment the consciousness of a people is awaken, no abuse or threat can stop them. The road may be long, the process may be costly, some might even pay with their lives, but more than ever important before is that the people want liberty, justice and equity. No man on this planet can hold them back.

If you lots are sincere you should have restructured the system or have its inhabitants choose and chart their own destinies. Strange bedfellows are not meant to be together!

Anybody defending the atrocious acts of their forebears against the Igbo Nation is wicked to state the least. It's in vain trying hard to deny the genocide committed against the Igbos. 

If this people are sincere they would have restructured the system or have its inhabitants choose and chart their own destinies. Strange bedfellows are not meant to be together!

The real enemies of progress are the proponents of the status quo in the Nigerian system, and are accustomed to spreading lies and wicked propaganda.

Anyone who supports in the smallest ways the sustenance of a criminal system that has only brought shame, waste, killings and backwardness, should be charged with crimes against humanity.

It doesn't matter how long it takes, Igbos shall achieve their goals. 

“The right to development is a fundamental right by virtue of which every human person and all peoples are entitled to participate in, contribute to and enjoy economic, social and cultural development.

“It is a right which includes the exercise of full sovereignty over national resources, self determination, popular participation in development and equality of opportunity."

“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brod
[/b]
Bro, take a course in history and international relations.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
hansad:

Igbos knew before hand that Igbo votes alone couldn't make Ojukwu president of Nigeria

Igbos are wiser than your lot.

Yoruba and north have ruled Nigeria in the last fifty years, what did you benefit apart from bragging that Igbo shall not rule Nigeria again?

You are one twisted reetard.

Was yoruba vote enough for MKO? Yet he got 95% of yoruba votes. How come igbos couldn't, at least, show solidarity for their fellow igbo man? And then you come up with some reetarded shiit of an excuse? You're a shame.

You're a fool. When did you hear me brag or say that an igbo man will not be president? I couldn't care less whichever tribe is in the seat as far as the job gets done, I'm good. It is you and your fellow halfwits that keep weeping and wailing that your tribesmen are deprived from holding office like it's some candy club routine. If you and your people want any political recognition, you will work for it and earn or forever remain the biitches that you ae.

5 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by hansad: 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
tsdarkside:

shocked shocked shocked shocked...are you serious,,,,,,??...against Nigerian Army??..... shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria Army cannot be northern Nigeria Army.
When the chips are down, it shall be "to your tents, Oh Israel."
If Nigeria continues to refuse restructuring or referendum, what pains a civilian shall also be painful to a soldier.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by sanity12(m): 7:00pm On Sep 27, 2015
hansad:

Even the colour of your skin - you don't like.
Yet you clamour to remain in one Nigeria with Igbo.
u just typed poo kus I cn't comprehend wot u wrote....go school una no go go,,,,,na puff puff u dey fry up and down....
Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by flokii: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
YEEBOS make una no neva go na.. grin

dnt you guys love us anymore?

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
PecE2Make:
Until my village road is tied then will I know that there is one Nigeria otherwise, biafra or the zoo will melt.

Tied with what? A ribbon?

By the way, your state and local government should handle roads in and around your village. How many yoruba and hausa leaders are in charge of your state? Educate yourself and stop disgracing your village in public.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Reasons Former President Jonathan Fired Former NNPC GMD, Andrew Yakubu / The 12 Stations On The Abuja Light Rail Phase 1 Corridor Have Been Completed / Yoruba Youth Forum (YYF): Tinubu Has Sold His Integrity On The Altar Of Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.