Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Backing Up Files While Formatting A System - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Backing Up Files While Formatting A System (1420 Views)

Do Techies Charge For Formatting A PC? / Backing Up Your Outlook Express Files Before Formating That System / Formatting My Ipod Shuffle (Apple 1Gb Drive) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Backing Up Files While Formatting A System by befrank: 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
any in the house with a perfect idea on how to back up all your files in a computer that is not partitioned while formating should please send me the instruction either to my yahoo id-bill2frank@yahoo.com or the person can post it on this website so that others can see it too.
tannx
Re: Backing Up Files While Formatting A System by DualCore1: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2009
befrank:

a computer that is not partitioned while formating
i want to take it that u are trying to say . . .a computer with a single partition.

slave the harddrive on another machine and do ur back up.

assuming u dunno how to slave it.
u have to alter the jumper settings on the hard drive. change the jumper settings on the hard drive to Slave (most times u can make a hard drive a slave by removing (all) its jumper(s)).
now connect the hard drive to the other computer (making sure the hard drive of the other computer is set to Master).

if you motherboard is not set to auto detect drives, you would need to go into your BIOS and set your drive parameters there or you just set everything up to AUTO.

hope this works for you (while i was writing it i just kept telling myself tht this won't work for me assuming i really had no idea about this thing b4, so hope u already have some basic ideas about the whole thing. if u don't, google is ur friend)
Re: Backing Up Files While Formatting A System by befrank: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2009
tanx man
Re: Backing Up Files While Formatting A System by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2009
simply buy an external hard drive and backup the files to that

in future, you can do what i have chosen to do - my harddrive is partitioned into seven partitions (500gb)

2 for os, one for media , one for games, one for work file , one for manuals and one for miscellaneous. this means that i can install and uninstall windows without worrying about my files getting lost / corrupted

Re: Backing Up Files While Formatting A System by DualCore1: 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
oyb i have a problem. i'm trying to double click to open your drive, it aint working cry cry
i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to get into the installers partition cry cry

tongue

(1) (Reply)

My New Pc Restarting Frequently By Itself / How To Sign In Multiple Accounts In Gmail Using The Same System And Browser. / I Need A Used Laptop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.