Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) (41707 Views)

Sade Adu’s Daughter Has Now Officially ‘transitioned’ Into A Man:mto News / Singer Jaywon Shades Fan Who Told Him To Stop Singing (photos) / 10 Nigerian Rappers Who Should Quit Rapping And Go Into Trade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by NinaArsenal(f): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
Alright
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by addikt(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
2dice:
am a fan too..
Still grooving his latest single *Good life*
they are all ibile now..
Lo-lo_lo_ local wrappers grin

He has really improved and impressing ...
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Marrtynze(m): 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

The guy dope die.Don't let dagrin down,Ojo ibukun king of the west He has the witty lyrics .But y he day always feature illiterate ??
lol,ola no well,na hin be ola dips,na hin too be illiterate at d same time,he's jez featurin himself,listen to his let dagrin down song nd u wil undastand,d guy is jez tryin to be unique nd difrent
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Marrtynze(m): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
Adatob:
hes good,i dnt doubt dat... I lov his tracks,he once murdered cdq on one track lik dat,hes nt upto d way ppu hype him
lol na Love in Pieces be d title of d song,hin jez finish cdq anyhow
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by franklingud(m): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
@OP they rap and sing. That's all.
No dey yarn shyte
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by cromz(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

I swear baba .For reason or d other.I still prefer seriki to all dese I bile I bile Fuji artists
I swear to me seriki is the best Yoruba rapper but he's not being recognized and accepted
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Pidggin(f): 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2015
@OP, no Black Magic?
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
Pidggin:
@OP, no Black Magic?
he said in one of his raps that he was not a rapper ...Just like Ajebutter

1 Like

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by hiboth(m): 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
cromz:
I swear to me seriki is the best Yoruba rapper but he's not being recognized and accepted

abeg where I fit download Alhaji Versace by seriki...I don't find am tire.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by hiboth(m): 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
cromz:

abeg where I fit download Alhaji Versace by seriki...I don find am tire.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by emmanuel596(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
Local rappers
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by rabbuy(m): 6:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
For me I don't in Accord with the o.p that they turned singers..... This is show-business you cannot afford to be one sided in fact I congratulate all the rappers who excelled in singing they proved a point.... If you want to prove you're mount Zion you cannot be moved.. First ask mode nine... For further details undecided
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Mckandre(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
phyno go soon join them
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by samsus(m): 7:14pm On Sep 28, 2015
lalastica....
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by abdulkayus(m): 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Especially Olamide, that giyrhas successfully turned to a fuji star
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Eastlink(m): 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mckandre:
phyno go soon join them
If I hear! That is when I will stop buying his album.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Mufasa27(m): 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
Unsad:
Olamide and Reminisce then moved from singing to streeting
What's streeting ?? All these nairaland fools sef
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Mufasa27(m): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iceprince was never a rapper, he is just a lame a$$ niqqa !!
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Mckandre(m): 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
Eastlink:
If I hear! That is when I will stop buying his album.
no worry e go soon happen grin
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Iamthoney(m): 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mufasa27:
Iceprince was never a rapper, he is just a lame a$$ niqqa !!
As if you can best him in the art of rap...shior
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by ArabaONE: 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:
Considering Fans ,what they want and the current trend in the music industry are key factors in determing the kind of songs artistes will release and the genre those songs will fall .

This list takes a look at Artistes who started off a rap career as rappers but have since transitioned into singing,most of them combining rapping and singing together in their career.

1) Reminisce- Reminisce started his career by recording an hardcore rap album at id cabasa coded tunes studio,which was never released.
Later he showed his lyrical prowess as an English rapper on 9ice's bachelor and ever since featuring 9ice.

" Oh yee rappers " have moved on to greater things " signalled the rappers cross over to singing in the hit kako be chicken track.Tesojue,Sunkere,olomoge,i need a girl.agidigbo all goes to prove this new found love of alaga ibile. Like he said in one of his tracks " punchlines o jawo mo".

2) Olamide - Olamide hardly took any singing role in his first album ,rhapsodi as he employed the services of the singers and fierced heavily on each track as a full fledged indigenous rapper.
However,going by his next three albums ( YBNL,BGEL and street OT),the rapper has since showcased his versatility by joining the singer/rapper camp in the music industry.

With Tracks like Eleda mi,badoo love,bobo ,melo melo as well as even taking the hooks of songs for other artist,one may be forced to question the genre of music Olamide belongs to, rap or pop??

3) Skales - Call it Frustration,indecision or whatever you call it ,Skales decision to switch genres surely paid off. Starting off at the EME crew as a rapper with singles like heading for the Grammy, ori mi ,monster,could not get skales the desired recognition compared to label mate ,WizKid.

Following his exit from EME,it enabled his full transition to singing as he released The massive hit shake body followed by je kan mo,lole,ijo ayo and countless collabos seeing a turn for good in Skales music career.

4) Eldee - Eldee the don was one of the members of the defunct trybesmen with fellow rappers.kaboom and freestyle.Soon he went ahead to form trybez records and dropped rap joints like am leaving, we made it,i go yarn and many more

The rapper however gained further prominence with the release of Songs like Bosi Gbangba, Ota mi”,One day”, Category “Wash-wash”, among others and a highly succesaful last album "Undeniable" which were all commercial and mostly pop singles.

5) Ice prince - Iceprince proved himself as a rapper on tracks like Nobody test me,oleku,Efimile remix, and other rap joints. This did not deter iceprince from showcasing his ability to sing in tracks like More,juju,Superstar,boss ft tekno as well as providing hooks for other artist like mode9 ( I see) and many more establishing him as a rapper and singer in the Nigerian music industry.

Notables

Dr Sid
Dprince
Most commercial rappers

Written and Compiled by Iamsynord

Get your FACTS right. Olamide & Ice prince shouldn't be on this list. Olamide took the chorus/hook of the Rhapsodi hit tracks I.e Omo to shan. eni duro + APA ti jabo.
also Zamami took some chorus in Everybody loves Ice prince. I.e Juju superstar etc
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Mufasa27(m): 8:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamthoney:
As if you can best him in the art of rap...shior
well I don't talk to clowns
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Unsad(m): 8:13pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mufasa27:

What's streeting ?? All these nairaland fools sef
Yua an idiot with no intellect whatsoever. If that word was so hard for you too decipher i wonder how dumb yu will be really are in the reality. Lowlife!
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by CivilzedTyger(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
Banky W gradually droppng singing 4 rappng
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Iamthoney(m): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mufasa27:

well I don't talk to clowns
fool like u...it takes a clown to know a clown punkass
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
CivilzedTyger:
Banky W gradually droppng singing 4 rappng

I love this your comment sir
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by baslone: 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
2dice:
u are very funny...and if he writes it by himself wetin go do ur life.. grin
Olamide very talented he his one of the most hardworking artiste in Nigeria...

He is not one of the most hardworking artiste- He is "THE MOST".

Everybody wants him on their tracks, presently the most featured Naija artiste and I can bet none of the
rappers named above can release a full album without Baddo jumping on a track or two.

Don't get it twisted- No be mistake, he virtually lives in the studio in his home, you can't jam Olamide
at events, awards, red carpets, clubs if he is not getting paid or performing. He is one hell of a hustler.

He says he has a lot of dope rap tracks but he is keeping them to fill up his upcoming album cos the Rap Tracks don't pay the bills.

Olamide didn't fall off- He has grown to a full business man similar to the HOVA story.

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by BALLOSKI: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
shockwave91:
another fantastic list by Iamsynord.

na Skales own make me laugh pass. D dude still seems confused to me, and i always thought he made more sense while he was a rapper.

Small thing remain and i'll stop calling Nigerian rappers, RAPPERS. All of dem just dey sing. Not that it's bad but the last i checked, u don't exactly "dance" to Hip-Hop/Rap.

Like 2dice said, all of dem just sing Fuji, Afrobeat, Juju & Highlife.
it seems you want skale to remain broke forever. Kanye, eminem, etc, sings too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“love This Boy” – Wizkid Says As He Shares Photo Of His First Son / Tobi Bakre Unfollows Alex On Instagram, As Alex Posts Cryptic Message / Kate Moss Auctions A Video Of Her Sleeping Naked In Bed For £12,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.