Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) (41669 Views)

Sade Adu’s Daughter Has Now Officially ‘transitioned’ Into A Man:mto News / Singer Jaywon Shades Fan Who Told Him To Stop Singing (photos) / 10 Nigerian Rappers Who Should Quit Rapping And Go Into Trade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Considering Fans ,what they want and the current trend in the music industry are key factors in determing the kind of songs artistes will release and the genre those songs will fall .

This list takes a look at Artistes who started off a rap career as rappers but have since transitioned into singing,most of them combining rapping and singing together in their career.

1) Reminisce- Reminisce started his career by recording an hardcore rap album at id cabasa coded tunes studio,which was never released.
Later he showed his lyrical prowess as an English rapper on 9ice's bachelor and ever since featuring 9ice.

" Oh yee rappers " have moved on to greater things " signalled the rappers cross over to singing in the hit kako be chicken track.Tesojue,Sunkere,olomoge,i need a girl.agidigbo all goes to prove this new found love of alaga ibile. Like he said in one of his tracks " punchlines o jawo mo".

2) Olamide - Olamide hardly took any singing role in his first album ,rhapsodi as he employed the services of the singers and fierced heavily on each track as a full fledged indigenous rapper.
However,going by his next three albums ( YBNL,BGEL and street OT),the rapper has since showcased his versatility by joining the singer/rapper camp in the music industry.

With Tracks like Eleda mi,badoo love,bobo ,melo melo as well as even taking the hooks of songs for other artist,one may be forced to question the genre of music Olamide belongs to, rap or pop??

3) Skales - Call it Frustration,indecision or whatever you call it ,Skales decision to switch genres surely paid off. Starting off at the EME crew as a rapper with singles like heading for the Grammy, ori mi ,monster,could not get skales the desired recognition compared to label mate ,WizKid.

Following his exit from EME,it enabled his full transition to singing as he released The massive hit shake body followed by je kan mo,lole,ijo ayo and countless collabos seeing a turn for good in Skales music career.

4) Eldee - Eldee the don was one of the members of the defunct trybesmen with fellow rappers.kaboom and freestyle.Soon he went ahead to form trybez records and dropped rap joints like am leaving, we made it,i go yarn and many more

The rapper however gained further prominence with the release of Songs like Bosi Gbangba, Ota mi”,One day”, Category “Wash-wash”, among others and a highly succesaful last album "Undeniable" which were all commercial and mostly pop singles.

5) Ice prince - Iceprince proved himself as a rapper on tracks like Nobody test me,oleku,Efimile remix, and other rap joints. This did not deter iceprince from showcasing his ability to sing in tracks like More,juju,Superstar,boss ft tekno as well as providing hooks for other artist like mode9 ( I see) and many more establishing him as a rapper and singer in the Nigerian music industry.

Notables

Dr Sid
Dprince
Most commercial rappers

Written and Compiled by Iamsynord

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 28, 2015
1)Eldee
2) Ice Prince
3) skales

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 28, 2015
1) Olamide
2) Reminisce

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Unsad(m): 10:09am On Sep 28, 2015
Olamide and Reminisce then moved from singing to streeting

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Fixamm: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2015
aii
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 28, 2015
cc 2dice,Hatux .Softvio . Shockwave91., redcard1,dambrowndmf.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Yustash001(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2015
Olamide lo sure ju..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by 2dice(m): 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2015
Olamide and Reminisce just dey Sing Fuji for us most people don't know

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2015
2dice:
Olamide and Reminisce just dey Sing Fuji for us most people don't know

I swear baba .For reason or d other.I still prefer seriki to all dese I bile I bile Fuji artists

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by softvio(m): 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nice list, thankGod sey you put ice prince and skales them there. If not the list wouldn't have been complete... OP what of ALABAI and kETCHUP? They both were respected heads before.

2 Likes

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
me Sef day the list somehow lol.

Here is a 2012 track i featured in where I was out spitting bars .more of like a Cypher freestyle session

www.hulkshare.com/sholws/sholwz-ft-synod-jawonlaya. ( how do u rate d track ??

Debut Single 2015

https://my.notjustok.com/track/18462/otubante-synord.

I swear ,Mode 9 day try ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by 2dice(m): 12:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

I swear baba .For reason or d other.I still prefer seriki to all dese I bile I bile Fuji artists
am a fan too..
Still grooving his latest single *Good life*
they are all ibile now..
Lo-lo_lo_ local wrappers grin

4 Likes

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
2dice:
am a fan too..
Still grooving his latest single *Good life*
they are all ibile now..
Lo-lo_lo_ local wrappers grin

Dem don talk say punchline o jawo mo "" I just dey pity mode 9.All him juniors day buy range dey go shows for abroad ,baba still day wear baggy about day form number one

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by softvio(m): 1:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

alabai ?? ketch up day rap before ??

yeah..wella one of my guy na ketchup be im role model before when im been de rap..alabai na good rapper . He was the guy that rap at paul play-angel of my life n some other song he did questioning God

3 Likes

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
softvio:

yeah..wella one of my guy na ketchup be im role model before when im been de rap..alabai na good rapper . He was the guy that rap at paul play-angel of my life n some other song he did questioning God

nice tho I sabi say WizKid day rap sha .u gats watch DAT him jimmy jump off show and one track he did with paedae
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2015
From Synord

a big thank you to everyone who downloaded my debut single " Otubante" ft DFx . a Big thank you to those who criticise ,gave me advice on how to work better on my music and promote.
To those who loved it and all the positive comments and support,I say God bless you all and make you bigger in your own. endeavours.

My next Single ft DFx," Telemundo" Drops soon . Anticipate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2015
another fantastic list by Iamsynord.

na Skales own make me laugh pass. D dude still seems confused to me, and i always thought he made more sense while he was a rapper.

Small thing remain and i'll stop calling Nigerian rappers, RAPPERS. All of dem just dey sing. Not that it's bad but the last i checked, u don't exactly "dance" to Hip-Hop/Rap.

Like 2dice said, all of dem just sing Fuji, Afrobeat, Juju & Highlife.

6 Likes

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by softvio(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

nice tho I sabi say WizKid day rap sha .u gats watch DAT him jimmy jump off show and one track he did with paedae

lol..that one wey im wan rap like big sean? Lol..cool tho

1 Like

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by koppa(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
Used to be a die hard Olamide fan,but mehn guy has lost it,now doing Pop...all released tracks this year says so
Melo Melo,Shakiti Bobo,Lagos Boyz and Matter Arising

That wasn't the Olamide of years ago anyways,guy now singing for commercial...

Ola Dips my number one local rapper now(yoruba)

7 Likes

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by koppa(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

go hear some Ola Dips song baba,that's real Rap

1 Like

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2015
koppa:
go hear some Ola Dips song baba,that's real Rap

The guy dope die.Don't let dagrin down,Ojo ibukun king of the west He has the witty lyrics .But y he day always feature illiterate ??
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Adatob(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2015
I smel fp,mah quicly comment!!! Reminisce doesnt know dat his talent is in rap not singing,baddo z yung erikina he can switch to any genre

1 Like

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by koppa(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

The guy dope die.Don't let dagrin down,Ojo ibukun king of the west He has the witty lyrics .But y he day always feature illiterate ??
lolzzz,he is the same person as Illiterate,with another accent,download the track he did on this Dbanj beat "The King is here" he mentioned it there...
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nice list
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Adatob(m): 2:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

in my own view,hes good but people rate him hiqher dan his talent,d way ppu tok abt him asif hes d real dagrin but wen i heard his song was lyk *wtf.. Tho his rap is cool nd hes got d talent but hes sumaw overated,dharsaw z a little bit DAGRINish in style dan oladips
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
koppa:
lolzzz,he is the same person as Illiterate,with another accent,download the track he did on this Dbanj beat "The King is here" he mentioned it there...

haha..make I confirm ??
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
Adatob:
in my own view,hes good but people rate him hiqher dan his talent

how do u mean ?? As far as I am concerned I think he is better than the present Fuji singing Olamide and reminisce. .

1 Like

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by koppa(m): 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

haha..make I confirm ??
Okay bro,ah dey wait
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Adatob(m): 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

how do u mean ?? As far as I am concerned I think he is better than the present Fuji singing Olamide and reminisce. .
hes good,i dnt doubt dat... I lov his tracks,he once murdered cdq on one track lik dat,hes nt upto d way ppu hype him
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by koppa(m): 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
Adatob:
in my own view,hes good but people rate him hiqher dan his talent,d way ppu tok abt him asif hes d real dagrin but wen i heard his song was lyk *wtf.. Tho his rap is cool nd hes got d talent but hes sumaw overated,dharsaw z a little bit DAGRINish in style dan oladips
Seriously? Ola Dips overrated? Gotta be kidding me,how many of his tracks have you listened to?
Do you know he is same person as Illiterate,go hear some of his songs and come back here..

He raps better at the moment than anyother Yoruba rapper/fuji

4 Likes

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Adatob:
hes good,i dnt doubt dat... I lov his tracks,he once murdered cdq on one track lik dat,hes nt upto d way ppu hype him

the track u said is killer tunes love in pieces .. Is Olamide up to the way people hype him ?? Wen we talk real Yoruba rappers we talking Baseone,Dharsaw,Pelepele even chinko ekun day spit
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Sholexyz(m): 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2015
reminisce n olamide don turn fuji artist na seriki me turn to now for hardcore ibile rap... SMD ft vector dope track make I no forget base one another badt ibile rapper... werey re...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miss Sahhara Henson's Father, Agbo Ella: "I Will Accept Her Bride Price" / Regina Askia Shows Off Her Curvy Body Ahead Of Her 54th Birthday (Photos) / Davido Signs Dammy Krane To His Record Label [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.