Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) (41706 Views)

Sade Adu’s Daughter Has Now Officially ‘transitioned’ Into A Man:mto News / Singer Jaywon Shades Fan Who Told Him To Stop Singing (photos) / 10 Nigerian Rappers Who Should Quit Rapping And Go Into Trade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by lekan29ice(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
Olamide my guy
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
follow the money trail.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Mufasa27(m): 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamthoney:
fool like u...it takes a clown to know a clown punkass
I know you are a fool, when u called iceprince a rapper....lol you are a disappointed.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Adatob(m): 9:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
Marrtynze:

lol na Love in Pieces be d title of d song,hin jez finish cdq anyhow
God bless u,i just next d track afta hs verse
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Marrtynze(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2015
Adatob:
God bless u,i just next d track afta hs verse
lol,cdq sef try na
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by xtervaganza(m): 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

I swear baba .For reason or d other.I still prefer seriki to all dese I bile I bile Fuji artists
Seriously has more flows than olamide and reminisce put together, the guy just needs marketing for him to really blow
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by jamih: 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
All I know is that rap is as easy as A B and C.
just getting one's words and point right can makes one a rapper overnight...at the other hand singing seams to b the real song(as in not easy) where u av to bring out the melody n the lyrics so as to make em rhyme with the beat. par example. ..CB , WizKid , and many other artist majors in pop n r n b, yet have their rap tight anytime they want it .
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by jamih: 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
Every artist on dis planet is a rapper irrespective of the genre of music, cos for all I know is that rap is as easy as A B and C.
just getting one's words and point right can makes one a rapper overnight...on the other hand singing seems to b the real song(as in not easy) where u av to bring out the melody n the lyrics so as to make em rhyme with the beat. par example. ..CB , WizKid , and many other artist majors in pop n r n b, yet have their rap tight anytime they want it .
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by stuff46(m): 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ice prince own na em de pain me. He has just lost it with this his newly found genre
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by datkoded(m): 10:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
I just watched a video of jags singing cry you gotta have to write that too
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2015
Woramai doing here men undecided
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Iamthoney(m): 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2015
Mufasa27:

I know you are a fool, when u called iceprince a rapper....lol you are a disappointed.
gbagaun king...which one is you are a disappointed? Oma se ooooo...now I feel ur pain and see the reason why u are hating on iceprince. Go get a life ogbeni cos hating won't take u anywhere
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by simdam500(m): 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Looking forward to vector and seriki...

Olamide don turn classic
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by barcaboi(m): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2015
Iamsynord:

I swear baba .For reason or d other.I still prefer seriki to all dese I bile I bile Fuji artists
baseone nko?
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by CivilzedTyger(m): 3:54am On Sep 29, 2015
Iamsynord:

I love this your comment sir
Thanks Brov
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by luckyboss(m): 4:20am On Sep 29, 2015
this is because many Nigerians don't know the meaning of a rap music.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Mufasa27(m): 7:54am On Sep 29, 2015
Iamthoney:
gbagaun king...which one is you are a disappointed? Oma se ooooo...now I feel ur pain and see the reason why u are hating on iceprince. Go get a life ogbeni cos hating won't take u anywhere
Ok....lol but deep down you know you are a disappointment.... and when u are talking about getting a life, I already have one......not just one but a life full of luxuries...... I hope you say u dey make money sha.....iceprince d*ck rider...... And let this be the last thing you quote me PAUPER !!
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Iamthoney(m): 8:04am On Sep 29, 2015
Mufasa27:

Ok....lol but deep down you know you are a disappointment.... and when u are talking about getting a life, I already have one......not just one but a life full of luxuries...... I hope you say u dey make money sha.....iceprince d*ck rider...... And let this be the last thing you quote me PAUPER !!
Smh....still the fool. how much does ur sorry ass worth? life of luxuries indeed...u wish u have one(life luxuries) but sorry u son of hate cos wishes ain't horses.... hungry modarphuckar. Drop ur account details if u have one and see me better ur miserable and poverty stricken life dog
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by fayruz02(m): 8:06am On Sep 29, 2015
I don't even undastand des ish on ground.Go watch ola&phyno My music&I.After dey dropped d 2kings album.And go listen to d 2kings tracks,then u will ola is spitting fire.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Mufasa27(m): 8:52am On Sep 29, 2015
Iamthoney:
Smh....still the fool. how much does ur sorry ass worth? life of luxuries indeed...u wish u have one(life luxuries) but sorry u son of hate cos wishes ain't horses.... hungry modarphuckar. Drop ur account details if u have one and see me better ur miserable and poverty stricken life dog
Sorry how old are you ?? .... You are late for school son !!! Have a lovely day in school. Iceprince wannabe lol.....
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Iamthoney(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2015
Mufasa27:

Sorry how old are you ?? .... You are late for school son !!! Have a lovely day in school. Iceprince wannabe lol.....
Goat like you....I pity ur parents cos I know they never wanted to have u as their son, u were born accidentally.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by jidebaba69(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2015
Iamsynord:
Considering Fans ,what they want and the current trend in the music industry are key factors in determing the kind of songs artistes will release and the genre those songs will fall .

This list takes a look at Artistes who started off a rap career as rappers but have since transitioned into singing,most of them combining rapping and singing together in their career.

1) Reminisce- Reminisce started his career by recording an hardcore rap album at id cabasa coded tunes studio,which was never released.
Later he showed his lyrical prowess as an English rapper on 9ice's bachelor and ever since featuring 9ice.

" Oh yee rappers " have moved on to greater things " signalled the rappers cross over to singing in the hit kako be chicken track.Tesojue,Sunkere,olomoge,i need a girl.agidigbo all goes to prove this new found love of alaga ibile. Like he said in one of his tracks " punchlines o jawo mo".

2) Olamide - Olamide hardly took any singing role in his first album ,rhapsodi as he employed the services of the singers and fierced heavily on each track as a full fledged indigenous rapper.
However,going by his next three albums ( YBNL,BGEL and street OT),the rapper has since showcased his versatility by joining the singer/rapper camp in the music industry.

With Tracks like Eleda mi,badoo love,bobo ,melo melo as well as even taking the hooks of songs for other artist,one may be forced to question the genre of music Olamide belongs to, rap or pop??

3) Skales - Call it Frustration,indecision or whatever you call it ,Skales decision to switch genres surely paid off. Starting off at the EME crew as a rapper with singles like heading for the Grammy, ori mi ,monster,could not get skales the desired recognition compared to label mate ,WizKid.

Following his exit from EME,it enabled his full transition to singing as he released The massive hit shake body followed by je kan mo,lole,ijo ayo and countless collabos seeing a turn for good in Skales music career.

4) Eldee - Eldee the don was one of the members of the defunct trybesmen with fellow rappers.kaboom and freestyle.Soon he went ahead to form trybez records and dropped rap joints like am leaving, we made it,i go yarn and many more

The rapper however gained further prominence with the release of Songs like Bosi Gbangba, Ota mi”,One day”, Category “Wash-wash”, among others and a highly succesaful last album "Undeniable" which were all commercial and mostly pop singles.

5) Ice prince - Iceprince proved himself as a rapper on tracks like Nobody test me,oleku,Efimile remix, and other rap joints. This did not deter iceprince from showcasing his ability to sing in tracks like More,juju,Superstar,boss ft tekno as well as providing hooks for other artist like mode9 ( I see) and many more establishing him as a rapper and singer in the Nigerian music industry.

Notables

Dr Sid
Dprince
Most commercial rappers

Written and Compiled by Iamsynord

It really difficult to stay true to the game once money is in the mix.
Being a hard-core rapper in Nigeria is difficult because most people don't want to spend time listening to the rhymes. They just want to dance to the beat and it is much easier to sing than to make very complicated rap verses.
So you find out that rappers be come singers.
One rapper that became a singer way before the rest is Sound Sultan.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by prelinctus: 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
Guys, what of falz? He's also a very good yoruba rapper.
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nadobrainzzz(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
Olamide jst found out abt his talent recently,olamide is nt rili a rapper,I have listen 2 his album 4rm rapsodhy 2 street Oti,de guy is nt a rapper,I can rate him far higher Dan wizkid in singing,he is vry gud@ it,cus wen u listen 2 his rap songs hhe hadly makes sense buh listen 2 his pop songs de re vry nice 2 de ears,wen u want 2 tlk abt a true rapper der is only 1 I knw in 9ja,n his name is M.I,and mayb black magic and young six wen u listen 2 dese guys lyrics u learn abt life and abt dem,dat wat rap is all abt,singin is jst 4 dancin,rap is 4 pple who still have brains 2 learn 4rm odas mistakes,and mayb want 2 knw de clue of hw 2 be successful and do on ....lyk I said am hapi 4 olamide cus he jst found his talent,ice prince 2 me has always bin a dope singer buh nt a dope rapper,n jst 4 u 2 knw if u wanna bring ril rappers 2 ur music industry go get dem in de north,cus wen u luk @ de rap world in 9ja music industry,most of ur rappers,either are northerners or grew up der,n rap music is appreciated more der,nt lyk lag we're all pple want 2 do is dance 2 rubbish
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
BALLOSKI:
it seems you want skale to remain broke forever. Kanye, eminem, etc, sings too.

LOL! But they rap and sing. Skales abandoned rap
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2015
Iamsynord:

I thought I was the only one who graduated seriki.... he was a pal back in PTI then, I never knew he had so much talent.i haven't heard anything new from seriki in a while tbough..update us on his latest songs
Re: Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 30, 2015
Nadobrainzzz:
Olamide jst found out abt his talent recently,olamide is nt rili a rapper,I have listen 2 his album 4rm rapsodhy 2 street Oti,de guy is nt a rapper,I can rate him far higher Dan owizkid in singing,he is vry gud@ it,cus wen u listen 2 his rap songs hhe hadly makes sense buh listen 2 his pop songs de re vry nice 2 de ears,wen u want 2 tlk abt a true rapper der is only 1 I knw in 9ja,n his name is M.I,and mayb black magic and young six wen u listen 2 dese guys lyrics u learn abt life and abt dem,dat wat rap is all abt,singin is jst 4 dancin,rap is 4 pple who still have brains 2 learn 4rm odas mistakes,and mayb want 2 knw de clue of hw 2 be successful and do on ....lyk I said am hapi 4 olamide cus he jst found his talent,ice prince 2 me has always bin a dope singer buh nt a dope rapper,n jst 4 u 2 knw if u wanna bring ril rappers 2 ur music industry go get dem in de north,cus wen u luk @ de rap world in 9ja music industry,most of ur rappers,either are northerners or grew up der,n rap music is appreciated more der,nt lyk lag we're all pple want 2 do is dance 2 rubbish

Mi is good, but mode9 is the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido & His Girlfriend, Chioma Kiss Despite Breakup Rumour By Kemi Olunloyo / “love This Boy” – Wizkid Says As He Shares Photo Of His First Son / Tobi Bakre Unfollows Alex On Instagram, As Alex Posts Cryptic Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.