Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content (556 Views)

Man Jumps Out Of Hospital Bed, Chases Girlfriend For Taking His Phone In US / Taking Responsibility For Your Actions / Once Upon A Time These Were All We Had For Entertainment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by Emodeee: 11:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
I am worried about the future of entertainment and the arts. Wholesome, moral and grime free content has gradually been eroded and replaced with debauched and morally bankrupt content.
Music is no longer food to the soul. It’s now poisonous. Art has no more meaning; dance has been reduced to sex with clothes on.

Look around you;take a good look at your favourite TV shows; would you like your children to be inspired by the heroes and heroines of these shows?Drug dealers, Adulterers, Serial Murders and Homosexuals have become our favourite TV characters.

Gone are those days when it was “The Good Guy” vs “The Bad Guy”, and every story ends with “good triumphs over evil”. These days, the lines have been blurred.

But we can’t rely on Hollywood and even Nollywood to be our moral compass. For every Christian gifted and talented enough to be in the entertainment industry must realize that we have been called and appointed to be in this industry at this particular time in history, to make a difference.

Enough of the mediocrity. It’s time we begin to create content that is wholesome, clean and worthy of consumption. It’s not enough to sit down, bury our heads in the sand and point fingers at “them”.

We are not of the system of this world, but we LIVE right here in this world and it’s our responsibility to let the light we carry shine.

I thank God for the worship music ministers and evangelical movie makers; but it’s time for us to go mainstream. It’s time for us to take our art and craft seriosuly, understand the business and begin to operate from a position of influence. No more playing from the sidelines. we need to get into the ring!

I was invited to MC a children’s school party and I was dismayed to discover the DeeJay had no playlist fit for children to listen to. 90% of the songs played were full of vulgar lyrics and sexual innuendos. And the kids danced and gyrated their waistlines in sexually suggestive dance moves they learned from watching the music videos on TV.

What if we had more songwriters, producers and performers willing to create dance music that can be enjoyed without filters?

What if we have scriptwriters and directors that willing to create Plays, Movies and Other content that does not push debauchery and ungodliness as “normal”?

God has blessed us with so much creativity. It’s time we pull ranks and put it to work. We have Christians in every sector of this industry. It’s time we take a definite stand and end this campaign of evil.

Source: http://www.4lah.com/2015/09/26/taking-responsibility-for-entertainment-content/

Cc: farano luv
Lalasticlala.
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by cocoberry(f): 12:04am On Sep 29, 2015
Space booking
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by bqlekan(m): 12:07am On Sep 29, 2015
This Cocoberry ehn.. choi grin
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by cocoberry(f): 12:10am On Sep 29, 2015
bqlekan wetin I do nah!
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by bqlekan(m): 12:14am On Sep 29, 2015
cocoberry:
bqlekan wetin I do nah!
how you go be ftc? For that, this thread won't make fp grin
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by Emodeee: 8:22am On Sep 29, 2015
seun lalasticlala.
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 29, 2015
I'll comment wen it mks FP
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by Emodeee: 12:11am On Sep 30, 2015
Lalasticlala, r u sleeping?
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by Emodeee: 9:44am On Oct 02, 2015
Lalasticlala, farano.
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by IamLEGEND1: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2015
so wetin u want make we do now?
Re: Taking Responsibility For Entertainment Content by Emodeee: 10:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lalasticlala, oya nw.

(1) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take For This Demon Called Feelings To Go.? / When U Say BVN Means Buhari Verification Number. (picture) / Some Life Tips You May Not Know..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.