Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why (30355 Views)

Obiano Gives Boat To Ogwu-Aniocha Community In Anambra As Christmas Present / Buhari Team Accuse Ambassador Joy Ogwu Of Sabotage / Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by omolami: 8:25am On Sep 29, 2015
The embarrassment is good for Buhari because he failed to appoint a minister for foreign affairs who could have liased with Joy to ensure all itinerary is attended to

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2015
If she trluy sabotaged buhari entorage then she is my hero. We neeed more of this the SE and SS ppl should do more of this this is d only way to kill dis govt.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by chesterlee(m): 8:27am On Sep 29, 2015
The President goofed big time. No need to blame anyone He failed!
He should face the reality that he failed... simple!

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by OrIandoOwoh(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2015
mpb the dullard
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by tdmoggy: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2015
Dustmalik, I agree that anybody can be sacked and especially for incompetence. However, to insinuate deliberateness, takes things to a different dimension. that is my point. Perharps a retraction of that point will suffice ?
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by BekeeBuAgbara: 8:33am On Sep 29, 2015
Always looking for a scapegoat.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by naptu2: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2015
dustmalik:
In as much as i would like to see Joy Ogwu sacked or be recalled by the federal government for her incompetency and for deliberately sabotaging Buhari's itineraries which, in turn, led to a gargantuan embarrassment on the person of my beloved President, it's not possible. Though her tenure expires in December 2015, which is barely two months from now. The emboldened, in my opinion, means she can't be sacked or recalled by the federal government. Read below

NB - This is my opinion, and also to educate those calling for her sack. For the bigots on here, you can insult me all you want, but i'll not be replying

You misunderstood what you quoted. I'll explain.

An ambassador is given a letter of credence when he is appointed. The letter is signed by his Head of State or Head of Government. He then presents that letter of credence to the Head of State of his host country. He is therefore accredited to that country. For example, the Ghanaian Ambassador to Nigeria is given a letter of credence that is signed by the President of Ghana. He presents that letter to the President of Nigeria and is thus accredited to Nigeria.

What the piece you quoted is saying is that the Secretary General of the United Nations is not a Head of State, neither is he a Head of Government, so the Permanent Representatives to the UN, unlike Ambassadors, are not accredited to a Head of State or Head of Government, but rather to an international organisation (I.e. The UN).

Permanent Representatives can be recalled. For example, the President of Romania recalled the Romanian Permanent Representative to The UN.

http://www.agerpres.ro/english/2015/05/07/president-iohannis-signs-decrees-recalling-ambassadors-15-39-16

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by wiseoneking: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Wasn't expecting anything sane and intelligent from a biafra village clown like you so stop trying to impress me...
Poor aresa, what has gone wrong with you this morning? RUDE?

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by AfroKnight: 8:36am On Sep 29, 2015
She can be sanctioned and removed and she should be. This is gross incompetence on her part.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Runaway: 8:36am On Sep 29, 2015
U talk like somebody who is berated of idea, but would like to open his mouth cus u wants to talk. How can u say 'in as much as u want her to be sacked cus of her in competency' have u asked ur self some important question(s) like if this is the first time she is preparing a president itineraries which will make her in competency? have ask ur self if it wasn't the overzealous persons who are 'inexperience' that cus this outcry? Before u talk next time think of all avenue.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by tete7000(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2015
obailala:
Enough of all these noise over this little administrative lapse. This woman retires in 2 months, this issue and this woman should be allowed to be.

While I agree with you on this I however wants us to note that all these noise wouldn't have come up at all had Buhari media aides not jump to the press to give excuse, absolve themselves of blame and seek to put the fault on other people's doorstep. When things are done that way, others are forced to respond and defend themselves, hence the noise.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by WailingWailer00(m): 8:40am On Sep 29, 2015
dustmalik:
In as much as i would like to see Joy Ogwu sacked or be recalled by the federal government for her incompetency and for deliberately sabotaging Buhari's itineraries which, in turn, led to a gargantuan embarrassment on the person of my beloved President, it's not possible. Though her tenure expires in December 2015, which is barely two months from now. The emboldened, in my opinion, means she can't be sacked or recalled by the federal government. Read below
Dustmalik, you're a big fool

NB - This is my opinion, and also to educate those calling for her sack. For the bigots on here, you can insult me all you want, but i'll not be replying
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by obailala(m): 8:46am On Sep 29, 2015
tonychristopher:

It's good so that Igbo will know how Nigeria is treating then
What has Igbo got to do with this? undecided
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by iwatchandlisten(m): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2015
Lhanre:
Why are people just deliberately ignoring the clear fact to make political point. A country's mission to an international organization is an advisory body to the head of government concerning all issues and dealings with that organization. Failure to identify and inform the government of the relevant meetings that needs to be attended is a failure of the mission in one of its most elementary duties. The head of mission and all its members involved directly or remotely should be recalled and remanded to desk duties at the foreign affairs ministry with close monitoring for the next five years. They have all apparently being sleeping at their duty post all these while.

Good morning my dear. Your post invariably means that an ADVISORY BODY'S ADVICE can be ignored by any HEAD of government...and refuse to include it in his OFFICIAL ITINERARY.

That is another angle to what happened in the UN that you should think about...In Nigeria, at this time, do you think it wise to look at any issue from one angle?
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Bgino(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:
Heads must roll........... Everyone that makes up the the team must be sack with immediate effect if indeed we have a President.

No professional can be that incompent...... They were obviously paid to sabotage the President's itinerary. EFCC must investigate everyone involves in this show of Shame.
your diction is whack..Jesus...must u comment...
(must be sack...incompent...itinerary..everyone involves...) haba only you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by nduchucks: 8:48am On Sep 29, 2015
OP'S analysis does not make sense

While the 'permanent ' representative is accredited to an international organization, he/she still represents Nigeria hence Nigeria alone has the responsibility to appoint him/her or withdraw the appointment.

It is silly to believe otherwise. Nigeria can withdraw this appointment whenever she wishes. In the case of Joy Ogwu, withdrawal would not be necessary as her term expires in just a few months.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Jayne2014(f): 9:01am On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:
Heads must roll........... Everyone that makes up the the team must be sack with immediate effect if indeed we have a President.

No professional can be that incompent...... They were obviously paid to sabotage the President's itinerary. EFCC must investigate everyone involves in this show of Shame.
Madam, EFCC has no place here. Sacking the whole team does not change anything. Please quit sensationalism.
Nigeria has bigger problems than this.
We should be thinking of ending this mono economy.

2 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by kingdompropty: 9:05am On Sep 29, 2015
She will not even as much as dignify her critics with an answer. Why was she reappointed as a permanent member? She sat over many tough UN matters and did well. The bottom line Buhari is incompetent. Shikenaa.

3 Likes

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by williams20(m): 9:05am On Sep 29, 2015
OlujobaSamuel:
I won't blame her for either events. I think there are some fifth columnist within. in the case of the missing meetings, about 70% of our meetings centers on Security and BH, she probably prioritize, the convener might even be aware that the nation will not make it but choose to go on just to achieve an agenda, because I wonder why Nigeria wasn't the convener or part of the convener considering her position to the
subject.
On handshake, she might think it's not necessary since it's just an handshake, maybe along the line, the president's team heard of it and decide to inform him personally, then he thinks it's a nice PR for his image but the decision was late. I don't really see PMB as a habitual late comer.
God bless Nigeria
God bless her leaders
God bless me.

Well said
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by luvmijeje(f): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2015
Jayne2014:

Madam, EFCC has no place here. Sacking the whole team does not change anything. Please quit sensationalism.
Nigeria has bigger problems than this.
We should be thinking of ending this mono economy.

The President missing out on Four important meeting is enough reason for the EFCC to the investigate each of our Representative over there.......No one can be that incompetent.

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by luvmijeje(f): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2015
happney65:

EFCC in this?I can see something is wrong with your Brain.. grin grin

Yes! They were obviously bribed to deliberately embarrass the President.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by happney65: 9:18am On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:

Yes! They were obviously bribed to deliberately embarrass the President.

Henhen?Now its confirmed something is wrong somewhere..

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Vainglory: 9:22am On Sep 29, 2015
Op, in 1979, Andrew Young, the US ambassador to the UN was removed by President Jimmy Carter after he held an unauthorised meeting with the Palestinians as opposed to US stand of no contact.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Iyoma2(f): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2015
Shooo sleep carry Baba go, na d woman cause am? make buhari try get special assistant on sleep mataz. or make him buy brain charger. na over sleep make am miss d meeting No be Madam Joy oh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by Malawian(m): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2015
Lhanre:
Why are people just deliberately ignoring the clear fact to make political point. A country's mission to an international organization is an advisory body to the head of government concerning all issues and dealings with that organization. Failure to identify and inform the government of the relevant meetings that needs to be attended is a failure of the mission in one of its most elementary duties. The head of mission and all its members involved directly or remotely should be recalled and remanded to desk duties at the foreign affairs ministry with close monitoring for the next five years. They have all apparently being sleeping at their duty post all these while.
why do we keep behaving like ostriches in this country? how did bubu know he was supposed to go to the UN in the first place? are you telling me that there was no official notice to the presidency of its engagements in the UN.
from the meeting was not important to it was joy ogwu's fault. will 4 or 8 years not end?
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by billyG(m): 9:33am On Sep 29, 2015
dustmalik:

My frd,an ambassador is an ambassador,representing a soveriegn kun3,answerable 2 nigeria d UN has no soverign power.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by meforyou1(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2015
luvmijeje:

The President missing out on Four important meeting is enough reason for the EFCC to the investigate each of our Representative over there.......No one can be that incompetent.

u be mumu

1 Like

Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by softvio(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2015
Iyoma2:
Shooo sleep carry Baba go, na d woman cause am? make buhari try get special assistant on sleep mataz. or make him buy brain charger. na over sleep make am miss d meeting No be Madam Joy oh.

ROTFLMAO!
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by ALISMILE(m): 9:39am On Sep 29, 2015
obailala:
Enough of all these noise over this little administrative lapse. This woman retires in 2 months, this issue and this woman should be allowed to be.
honestly, I wonder for dem o
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by cabaliciouscabal: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2015
CuckoldMaster:

Islamic APC people calling for the sack of the Biafran. These Yoruba slaves never get tired.

You know very well dat d igbos have turned to Nigeria's slaves immediately dey lost d civil war called by ur coward leader ojukwu dat ran to ivory coast.

You ar third class citizens, dat is Y u pple throng to south west to server us and seek for greener pasture since ur land has been ridden with erosion , in everything u can think of in dis world, yorubas are ahead of u igbos so tell me who is d real slaves.

I av no doubt dat d stupid madam joy dat called herself a professor bought her certificate as usually common with d igbos using dia brother or sisters certificate to look seek for job.

I cannot imagine ow somebody saddled with d responsibility to put things right for her visiting president could make such an idiotic deliberate mistake, if not sabotage, Jst today d igbo cultural or if u like political group ohaneze call on all igbos to boycott Buhari's ministerial appointment, this call significantly shows dat d igbos has great animosity for dis government, and one can easily tie dis call to d sabotage dis joy ogwu woman has exhibited.

I wondered at tyms Wat dis igbos really want, if u want ur Biafra den go for it and stop all dis hide and seek games or ar u people cowards ?, I really don't care if d igbos leaves, at least I will be assured of a new country wea crimes, i.e kidnapping, drug dealers, human trafficking, rituals, illiteracy, arrogance will be reduced to minimal level.

#let us join d call for igbos to realise dia erosion ridden Biafra.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by odomanis: 9:44am On Sep 29, 2015
Lhanre:

The handlers of Mr President lied to us before about this issue, how are we sure that they are not lying to us again ? Unfortunately Prof. Joy Ogwu may not be in a position to say what really happened since, that may put our President in bad light. She has to keep quiet and take the blame.
Re: Unfortunately, Joy Ogwu Can't Be Sacked Or Recalled By The Fed. Govt. - Read Why by billyG(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2015
liberty300:
I thought buhari's body language puts everything in place? What does he need ogwu for?

Besides, Buhari can ask for her sack which would be looked into and investigated by the UN and if it becomes necessary to sack her, she'll be sacked
If Buhari Body language put all things Right,Why did it not put yur sense,hatred,bitterness,wailing Right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abia: Alex Otti Commissions Emelogu, Shallom And Cemetery Roads In Aba / Goodluck Jonathan To South-east Leaders: Accept Obi As Atiku’s Running Mate / Uche Ogah: Private Jets Used For Gold Smuggling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.