Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) (3904 Views)

THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) / Here's The Perfect Age To Get Married According To New Study / This Is The Best Age To Get Married According To Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by Riwo11(f): 2:54am On Sep 29, 2015
If marriage is in your future, you may be interested to know that your chances of getting divorced could be linked to the age at which you get hitched. And, new stats suggest that saying your vows later in life isn’t necessarily better, reports Yahoo Health.

A few years back, sociologist Nicholas Wolfinger, PhD, of University of Utah noticed a strange new pattern across data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG): Marriage success and the age at which people married were not directly correlated (that is, in a straight line that showed increased success with increased marriage age, for example).

Instead, there was a small age window in the late 20s and early 30s that touted the lowest divorce rates overall. After a meta-analysis of over 10,000 NSFG respondents, plus a replication study conducted on his own, Dr. Wolfinger once again saw this remarkable U-shaped correlation, proving that what may have once been a linear relationship — marry as late as possible for the best chance of making it in the long haul — is now a sloping curve of delicate planning.

Predictably, newlywed teens and early twenty-some-things still run the greatest risk for divorce, but those who marry in their mid-30s and beyond run a similarly high risk. These results suggest that the best time to get married is in the aptly-named “Goldilocks age range” of 28 to 32. What, exactly, happened between 1995 and 2013 to cause that sudden drop-off of marriage viability in the thirtysomething set? Many factors could be at play, from the sudden onset of hookup culture FOMO to difficulties accommodating a partner’s ways after “years spent flying solo,” as Yahoo suggests.

That 28-32 age range may seem later than ideal to some, but as new Gallup data confirms, people in their 20s and 30s are taking longer to tie the knot than they have in previous decades. They’re often opting for cohabitation without a ring rather than boarding the marriage train. All we know for certain about the “Goldilocks age range” for marriage is this, straight from Dr.Wolfinger: “Its existence is beyond question.” So you may want to put away that wedding Pinterest board for another couple of years. Source: www.riseup247.com
Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by pet4ril(f): 4:18am On Sep 29, 2015
Thank God. grin am still young. .. cool cool rocking things

1 Like

Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by Ahmed0336(m): 5:53am On Sep 29, 2015
pet4ril:
Thank God. grin am still young. .. cool cool roc undecidedking things
like seriously? Are you kidding me right now? I'm suspecting that you are either 38 or 42

1 Like

Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by Xxpress(m): 6:01am On Sep 29, 2015
They should tell us the exact age to tie the knot now.
Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by Obiwiz(m): 6:12am On Sep 29, 2015
Between 28-32years of age abi? Shebi that prof do d research abroad? Abeg someone should do d necessary adjustments with our Nigerian socio-economic realities in mind, so that we fit see where e land us as Nigerian males. But wait o, our babes dey start hunting very early o- @ 22 or 23years dia eyes don dey red already.

2 Likes

Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by khassy(m): 6:18am On Sep 29, 2015
Riwo11:
If marriage is in your future, you may be interested to know that your chances of getting divorced could be linked to the age at which you get hitched. And, new stats suggest that saying your vows later in life isn’t necessarily better, reports Yahoo Health.

A few years back, sociologist Nicholas Wolfinger, PhD, of University of Utah noticed a strange new pattern across data from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Survey of Family Growth (NSFG): Marriage success and the age at which people married were not directly correlated (that is, in a straight line that showed increased success with increased marriage age, for example).

Instead, there was a small age window in the late 20s and early 30s that touted the lowest divorce rates overall. After a meta-analysis of over 10,000 NSFG respondents, plus a replication study conducted on his own, Dr. Wolfinger once again saw this remarkable U-shaped correlation, proving that what may have once been a linear relationship — marry as late as possible for the best chance of making it in the long haul — is now a sloping curve of delicate planning.

Predictably, newlywed teens and early twenty-some-things still run the greatest risk for divorce, but those who marry in their mid-30s and beyond run a similarly high risk. These results suggest that the best time to get married is in the aptly-named “Goldilocks age range” of 28 to 32. What, exactly, happened between 1995 and 2013 to cause that sudden drop-off of marriage viability in the thirtysomething set? Many factors could be at play, from the sudden onset of hookup culture FOMO to difficulties accommodating a partner’s ways after “years spent flying solo,” as Yahoo suggests.

That 28-32 age range may seem later than ideal to some, but as new Gallup data confirms, people in their 20s and 30s are taking longer to tie the knot than they have in previous decades. They’re often opting for cohabitation without a ring rather than boarding the marriage train. All we know for certain about the “Goldilocks age range” for marriage is this, straight from Dr.Wolfinger: “Its existence is beyond question.” So you may want to put away that wedding Pinterest board for another couple of years. Source: www.riseup247.com

there's a reason SUMMARY was created, learn to use it angryangry
Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by englishmart(m): 6:22am On Sep 29, 2015
ladies are indirectly crying out. men are getting out of stock, just like innjoo note....
well, the moment I account for 15million naira of my own, even if it's next month, I will be getting married...

1 Like

Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by englishmart(m): 6:25am On Sep 29, 2015
pet4ril:
Thank God. grin am still young. .. cool cool rocking things
keep rocking it baby.. you are not young to have a boyfriend, but you're still too young to be married.

2 Likes

Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by IceDude(m): 7:00am On Sep 29, 2015
Scientists don start again grin
Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by pet4ril(f): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2015
englishmart:
keep rocking it baby.. you are not young to have a boyfriend, but you're still too young to be married.
grin grin nothing do you.. I don't even need the boyfriend because I have all they can offer. ..so am rocking my singleness with pleasure grin grin

2 Likes

Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by pet4ril(f): 8:19am On Sep 29, 2015
Ahmed0336:
like seriously? Are you kidding me right now? I'm suspecting that you are either 38 or 42
lolzzzz am 20 for now but will be 18 next year. .. if you think say I old pass you e no concern me na you sabi grin
Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by pbs4real(m): 9:31am On Sep 29, 2015
pet4ril:
lolzzzz am 20 for now but will be 18 next year. .. if you think say I old pass you e no concern me na you sabi grin
shoro niyen
Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:36am On Sep 29, 2015
Why do we always use foreign research surveys as benchmark to solve our societal problems ours is different from There's till we conduct our own the thread is pointless
Re: THIS Is The Best Age To Get Married (according To Science) by Jorussia(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2015
pet4ril:
grin grin nothing do you.. I don't even need the boyfriend because I have all they can offer. ..so am rocking my singleness with pleasure grin grin
I guess you have cucumbers and vibrators?

(1) (Reply)

Why So Much Venom Against Virgins? / Tell Us How U Met The Love Of Ur Life / Benefit Of Dating A Soldier Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.