Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo (27753 Views)

Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / Lopsided Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo / President Buhari & Oyegun Unhappy As 7 APC Members Demands Ministerial Positions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by dabossman(m): 10:06am On Sep 29, 2015
liberty300:
what do you mean "no direction"? They want Biafra and they're working towards it and you're saying "no direction". An example of "no direction" is the likes of akintola, awolowo, abiola, adekunle etc being betrayed by the north yet there people still associate with the same north..that's directionless

I read the bolded part of your message with amusement. I really don't like getting involved in all these ethnocentric discussions some of you love to get enmeshed in but this misconception that keeps getting passed around is laughable. Truth is, if you know your history, then you'll know that since 1960 till date, different tribes have constantly aligned with one another to gain political power or relevance.

Facts:

1. When no party won a majority during the 1959 elections, the NPC which had control of the Northern Region (Hausa-Fulani), led by Ahmadu Bello combined with the NCNC which had control of the Eastern Region (Igbo) led by Nnamdi Azikiwe to form a government with Tafawa Balewa as Prime Minister and Azikiwe as Governor-General. An Igbo-Hausa partnership. The Action Group (AG) which had control of the Western Region (Yoruba), led by Obafemi Awolowo was the opposition party.

2. In 1963, the NCNC led by Azikiwe split with the NPC and joined with a splinter of the Action Group led by Obafemi Awolowo to form the United Progressive Grand Alliance (UPGA) while the NPC led a coalition with Akintola's faction of the old AG to form the Nigerian National Democratic Party (NNDP). Hence an Igbo-Yoruba coalition went against the NPC.

If you consider that ancient history, then...

3. In 1999 when Nigeria returned to democracy, the North (Hausa-Fulani) and East (Igbo) voted for the PDP (People's Democratic Party) to bring in Obasanjo and Atiku. The West (Yoruba) voted the AC (Action Congress) instead, once again emerging as the opposition. This North-East coalition continued in 2003, and 2007, even at a time when there was a largely Igbo party in APGA. In 2011, the West as we all know voted ACN in the states, but went with PDP's Goodluck Jonathan for Presidency. This we all know.

4. In 2015, the West however aligned fully with the North in the new APC, while the East stuck to the PDP.

Anyone who knows the nation's political history knows this. It has nothing to do with one tribe being subservient to the other. It is simply political alignments in the quest for power.

Let's stop the hate.

4 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 29, 2015
well, this coming from a group of people whose life ambition and job is to wear red cap and carry walking sticks...

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by martineverest(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2015
Av seen catalans and scotts made giant steps trying to gain independence.what are d igbos doing?..tired of hearing foolish talks.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by aleem50(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2015
See mumu talk from mumu leader to mumu followers. infact these people are the most confused people in the world not only in Nigeria. They lack manners due to poor upbringing, imagine this ohaneze saying my amiable president can never succeed if there isn't any igbo as minister. who want looters as ministers for goodness sake?
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Eziachi: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2015
ALISMILE:
Ibos sowed the 1st seed of tribalism is Nig and their leaders ve not relented in doin that!They seem to think that they ve somtin special to offer! Its such a shame that their leaders ve failed to learn frm history, that they risk allowin it to repeat itsef!
I hope you talking about Igbos? If you are, where did you get the facts to support your nonsensical claim that they sowed the first seed of tribalism in Nigeria.
Lay down your facts or at least be little quiet.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:20am On Sep 29, 2015
Femolacaster:
Awon jokers! Bunch of tribalists.
Scalar quantities with magnitude but no direction.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2015
Sanchez01:
Let those who are not interested call their sons and daughters back. No one would beg them as long as Nigeria is functioning properly. They say the Hausas are backward and are animals, yet the Arewa is the most matured of the three major ethnic group. The Afenifere seems divided but the Ohaneze is totally confused.

Nigeria does not belong to anyone. It belongs to every Nigerian, both small and great. Make dem swerve abeg.

You can say that Nigeria does nt belong to anybody.....theoretically, that's correct. But what we see in the real sense is that it belongs to the north.
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2015
liberty300:
what do you mean "no direction"? They want Biafra and they're working towards it and you're saying "no direction". An example of "no direction" is the likes of akintola, awolowo, abiola, adekunle etc being betrayed by the north yet there people still associate with the same north..that's directionless
They want Biafra & Nigeria @ d same time. Foolish & confused pple. Let Buhari be he doesnt owe u pple anytin abeg. Hypocritical sentimental pple

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by ShammahBarnabas(m): 10:28am On Sep 29, 2015
The Ndigbos think too highly of themself. If they think they can take power by 2019 then it means they haven't learned from the events of March 28th.
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by efilefun(m): 10:30am On Sep 29, 2015
I dont care if the country seize to exist, i am miles away from the country so Nigeria collapsing means nothing to me in person. But to be truthful, i have mingled with alot of igbos here and even accommodated some, you hardly hear them talk about biafra cuz they all busy trying to improve their lives. Only those jobless ones who need some cash are those you see with placards screaming biafra in the cold weather out here
Hizzy:

Stop deceiving yourself 97% of igbos want biafra
Just like you want to be a Nigerian they want bifaria

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2015
efilefun:
I dont care if the country seize to exist, i am miles away from the country so Nigeria collapsing means nothing to me in person. But to be truthful, i have mingled with alot of igbos here and even accommodated some, you hardly hear them talk about biafra cuz they all busy trying to improve their lives. Only those jobless ones who need some cash are those you see with placards screaming biafra in the cold weather out here
OK you rit you can check my Profile to get my mp3 you will enjoy it THANKS
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by PentiumPro(f): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2015
“The question is, are we to take up such positions to go and serve him,to go and make him popular? Without an Igbo man being a minister, I do not think the president will survive. So,Igbo should not take ministerial position.”

It's becoming clearer by the day, that these Yiboows don't want Buhari to succeed.
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 29, 2015
Fumble........
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Charly68: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2015
Who are these wailing wailers ? You didn't vote PMB yet you want to take over his key appointments what type of greedy selfish mentality is this..? PMB owes nobody any explanations on his choice of people for Appointments . He struggled for many years & some people stood by him in that course,they need to be empowered too for them to be able to help their followers.. This is the simple truth about politics. When Ohaneze finish spending what they collected from Goodluck Jonathan they will come back to their senses. But now they still have sufficient dollars in their bank accounts to spend at least for the next four years.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2015
Upon all the igbos dat full GEJ ministerial list, did jonathan succeed? Infact, he brot reproach to his name. They want biafra and yet they want to lead Nigeria come 2019... Im sure the must av infected Gej with dr cluelessness

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by sirvic01(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2015
Burger01:
I've never seen people who are confused and directionless as these Ndigbosundecided

NOT ALL, we've got some smart ones
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by truthsaves: 10:55am On Sep 29, 2015
the yorubas as well as the hausas has seen it as their obligation to downcast, belittle and abuse the Igbos. but i wish to advice all these Igbo abusers to be careful with things you say because what goes round, comes round. a journey to greatness is not an easy one, someone destined to be great will always be hated by people he is far more better of.
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 29, 2015
efilefun:
The only thing you dudes are good in is chest beating, when PMB visited Obama earlier this year your kinsmen donated money to Kalu and he never appeared at the front of white house with any placard, you guys are just deceiving yourself, the rich ones among you are busy making money and marrying people from different tribes while some hungry mofos are here crying biafra....lmao

Lagos belongs to the igbos.
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by EazyMoh(m): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2015
PentiumPro:

It's becoming clearer by the day, that these Yiboows don't want Buhari to succeed.
You are right my sister, not only succeed but survive as well.

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by ALISMILE(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2015
Eziachi:
I hope you talking about Igbos? If you are, where did you get the facts to support your nonsensical claim that they sowed the first seed of tribalism in Nigeria.
Lay down your facts or at least be little quiet.
by Plotin th 1st coup in the history of this country, and killing only all the non-ibo members of the then govt. U will never knw hw much this single act of show of tribalism, irrespective of watever reason that prompted the coup, has gone to affect evry aspect of the unity of this country! Ibo leaders need to do more to unite us rather than dvidng us!

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by ALISMILE(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2015
truthsaves:
the yorubas as well as the hausas has seen it as their obligation to downcast, belittle and abuse the Igbos. but i wish to advice all these Igbo abusers to be careful with things you say because what goes round, comes round. a journey to greatness is not an easy one, someone destined to be great will always be hated by people he is far more better of.
even the middle beltan and those of us in the SS don't realy like the ibos because of their tribalism! This is not 1966 where u plot coup and kill pple because they re not ur tribe!
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Koleman(m): 11:19am On Sep 29, 2015
feji333:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/appointments-shun-ministerial-positions-ohanaeze-urges-igbo/

Also, former Secretary General of Ohanaeze,Chief
Joe Achuzie,who was miffed by the lopsided
‘kitchen cabinet’ appointments, charged Ndigbo to
remain strong and form a veritable opposition that
will take over power come 2019.

haaaaa!!!!! opposition? can u even defeat kano

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by efilefun(m): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2015
That must had been a mistake, thought the whole country belongs to the igbos why only Lagos??
chuna1985:

Lagos belongs to the igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by IGBOSON1: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2015
Burger01:
I've never seen people who are confused and directionless as these Ndigbosundecided

^^^You're an idio't! If Igbos are 'directionless' what can we say of your own kinsfolk?

Whatever perceived directionlessness you think you're seeing today is just the effects of the drugs you've been taking......as well as the effects of having a divisive, hateful, vindictive and sectional president who never bothered to carry the entire country along from day one, and who feels he can use the office of president to punish an entire ethnicity just because they didn't vote for him!
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by padrey(m): 11:37am On Sep 29, 2015
I lafu in spanish....which Lagos u (Igbo) help to develop....Watin u guys get for Easter part of d country self, say u fit survive without coming to South-west nii...I beg stop all these ur noise nd get a life....#BuhariOnPoint ;DI lafu in spanish....which Lagos u (Igbo) help to develop....Watin u guys get for Easter part of d country self, say u fit survive without coming to South-west nii...I beg stop all these ur noise nd get a life....#BuhariOnPoint

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Koleman(m): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2015
ShammahBarnabas:
The Ndigbos think too highly of themself. If they think they can take power by 2019 then it means they haven't learned from the events of March 28th.
I taya o. they really think one region's vote can win an election!! haaaaa only Kano's vote will be enough to cantab them

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by viktagorion: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2015
Why are these people so bitter??

2 Likes

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by invinzible1: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2015
I took my time to read all comments made here and only 0.5 percent made sense. Everyone knows that we need each other to survive..

1 Like

Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2015
efilefun:
That must had been a mistake, thought the whole country belongs to the igbos why only Lagos??

If u add any other part, we will gladly take it. We come, we see we conquer.
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by simplisity(m): 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
liberty300:
Ur a wise man. Ur parents must be proud of u.
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by rugged7(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
If una no discuss Nd'igbo, una no go prakk una wife for nyash again undecided undecided undecided
Whatz this obsession with igbo people angry
And the igbo people no even send una sef grin grin grin
Re: Appointments: Shun Ministerial Positions, Ohanaeze Urges Igbo by agyo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Burger01:

This your comment harsh o!!!

I pray you are not beef burger cos what will come next will be disasterious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt / Throwback Photo Of Buhari In Military Attire / Fayose's Stomach Infrastructure Hits The Streets (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.