Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,244 members, 7,836,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari (45022 Views)

WATCH: Minister: Buhari Denies Amaechi / Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari / I Can Do Without Finance Minister- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by TWINKIE(f): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
I feel there are a number of trustworthy people who can head the position if given the opportunity....i hate talking politics but I feel our president should begin to set his priorities straight and work to make the change he promised Nigerians. With all the trips he ends up not showing up for,frequent witch hunting of the so called "corrupt politicians " before we know it,4years would be over without a single accomplishment. The only thing I can applaud the new government for is the average electricity supply which I feel isn't any different from the former administration. Corruption is still on,inhumane treatment by government officials,unavailability of jobs and boko haram menace etc are still the same under the same administration that promised change. I believe the president really wants change but he is not surrounded by the right people and until he starts looking within and stop apportioning blames instead of taking responsibilities for his mistakes we can only dream and hope for the change he promised.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Flashh: 1:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
This is an epic one. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by ststyreal(f): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
Na was for Nigeria system of administration. Na only oil department him c to handle , why not concentrate on sectors like agriculture that can also yield good money for the country. Baba bubuuuuuu, take am easy oooo, for d sake of your health, u can't do it all alone. Make una no call me wailers oooo, because una no dey want make person express opinion contrary to una own. God bless my country, Nigeria! Amen.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
jpphilips:

Oil is not the emphasis but gas which you know is the future. What people like you do not realize is that the so called innovators only advertize the pros of their innovations but keep the cons in wraps.
Solar technology still has a long way to go, China pretends to have solved the panel problem but who solved the battery problem? Most Electric cars are useless outside the country where the OEM's exist, by and large, Hybrid is the way to go such that you resort to Thermodynamics after your battery has parked.
The Solar heater has been around for a while but why is it unpopular? The rays from the sun is converged using a reflective Parabola, it heats a steel tank containing water which flows into a lagged medium for storage, that is the easiest and cost effective but bros! the most effective of all the lagging materials available can only hold for 6hrs.
Some guys still generate heating capability from the panel and battery set up, but the starting current threshold will be very expensive, Oil is phasing out no doubt but Gas remains the future.
While you follow technological trends, wear a more realistic lens, BTW hope you got tested for Ebola!!

@OP,

Buhari being the Petroleum minister is a bad idea, we lived through the bureaucracies created with that arrangement under Obasanjo, it was so bad that Nigeria resorted to PSC for survival in the industry, Refineries went to coma etc. Overall, we expect that a Buhari would approach it differently with more sincerity of purpose unlike OBJ. In my opinion, the petroleum ministry should be run from the office of the special adviser to the president on Petroleum matters, if he really doesn't want a minister, then a technocrat will fill that void, I have no doubt in his competence to get it right there after all his sojourn as a federal commissioner gave birth to the Warri refinery, who knows what he has on the table now, we can only wait it out.
Nigerians should learn how to criticize with sense.

Uncle, fossil fuel and non-renewable fuels are going and for good too; be it coal, natural gas or crude oil. My problem is that we as a nation are not trying to key in and a new generation is going to waste believing that Oil will come to their rescue while they are busy dancing Shoki and hailing the powers that be . As bad as Solar issues seem, it's a work in progress and will keep getting better like every other nascent technology . My take sha! And I was certified Ebola freeeeee tongue
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by victorazy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
modath:

America has more oil than Nigeria? Really ??

You are IMMENSALY ........ lipsrsealed

Go find out bro!
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Mythkid: 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
Oga PMB naso ,don't trust even ur papa go deceived you, so in this game trust no one.....
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by allycat: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
Please people should stop asking our president to handle agriculture or didn't you see the cows on his farm?
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by nairalforlaughs: 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha..........
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by jpphilips(m): 10:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
mykl01:

Uncle, fossil fuel and non-renewable fuels are going and for good too; be it coal, natural gas or crude oil. My problem is that we as a nation are not trying to key in and a new generation is going to waste believing that Oil will come to their rescue while they are busy dancing Shoki and hailing the powers that be . As bad as Solar issues seem, it's a work in progress and will keep getting better like every other nascent technology . My take sha! And I was certified Ebola freeeeee tongue

You need to read up on energy sources since you don't know that Gas is the future for the next 50yrs.
Let me guide your research, Hydro electricity is Geography dependent, Gas turbines are quickly being replaced with Gas generators, climate change has contributed to its astronomical demand.
Dont think that the IOC'S in Nigeria are stvpid sinking billions of dollars in Gas extraction and facility upgrades in the past 5yrs.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by billyG(m): 8:31am On Oct 25, 2015
agabaI23:
lol, you learnt how to curse in your university? Nice
Reminding a fool what he is not an insult but a compliment.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by billyG(m): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2015
poiZon:

do you have evidence that alison maduekwe embezzle palmoil abi groundnut oil money? If you have raw n concrete evidence then bring it, pls dont show me newspaper evidence.
Did i ever said Diezeani stole palmoil money?
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by fSociety: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
OrlandoOwoh:
I love Baba. He knows where to hit the wailing wailers hard.

How are you doing

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Moment Senator Omisore Arrived But Was Shut Out Of APC Emergency Meeting / May 29 Handover Date Sacrosanct, Jonathan Tells US / Nnamdi Kanu Says Buhari’s Signature Has Changed Because Of Jubril From Sudan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.