Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari (45025 Views)

WATCH: Minister: Buhari Denies Amaechi / Constitution Cannot Stop Me From Becoming Petroleum Minister – Buhari / I Can Do Without Finance Minister- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by billyG(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2015
Nkuruzinza:
no he only decive you, why cant he be minister of agriculture
Giv me 10 reasons why he shld head agriculture & not Petroluem ministry,if u cnt u are an illiterate.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by truthsaves: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2015
Fellow Nigerians, attack and counter attack between supporters and non supporters of PMB on this forum threw me off balance each time read comments from Niaralanders. I think we should be very much concerned of our future because, i foresee the doom of the Nation around since PMB is the only incorruptible person among the over 170m citizens of this Nation. Have we ever taught of what will be of us when he(PMB) finally retire from active politics or die, since he is our only saint? Considering things the Fulanis has done or are still doing in this Nation, do we think he(PMB) has good plans for this country, i mean other tribes that makes up the Nation? Or is he taking up the post of the minister of petroleum to finish up the allocation of the remaining 13percent of the oil blocks to his fulani/northern folks? Anyway the govt is his, so let him do as he likes. ;DFellow Nigerians, attack and counter attack between supporters and non supporters of PMB on this forum threw me off balance each time read comments from Niaralanders. I think we should be very much concerned of our future because, i foresee the doom of the Nation around since PMB is the only incorruptible person among the over 170m citizens of this Nation. Have we ever taught of what will be of us when he(PMB) finally retire from active politics or die, since he is our only saint? Considering things the Fulanis has done or are still doing in this Nation, do we think he(PMB) has good plans for this country, i mean other tribes that makes up the Nation? Or is he taking up the post of the minister of petroleum to finish up the allocation of the remaining 13percent of the oil blocks to his fulani/northern folks? Anyway the govt is his, so let him do as he likes.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by agabaI23(m): 8:10am On Sep 30, 2015
BabaO2:

The most effective petroleum corporation is under the presidency/ prime minister as the case may be. Nigerians claim to know too much and talk too much on nothing. Even during OBJ, did we have crazy, barbaric and gluttonous stealing and corruption recorded by Jonathan/Deziani administration?. OBJ started this anti-corruption war, but lots of sponsored campaigns here and there messed the whole thing up (remember he picked up IBB son, Adenuga etc.on corruption and shady deals..). Buhari insular to whatever anybody says which is good for Nigeria unlike OBJ.
And who probed NNPC during OBJ? Who looked at the account under him?

The Madueke stuff is still propaganda until you arrest her and convict her. The local content law and PIB your Buhari is trying to kill was her work.

Nigerians do not know what they need. A president cannot function effectively as the petroleum minister. It is an avenue for corruption. Who will he be reporting to? Himself? No one to check his activities....abeg

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by poiZon: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2015
989900:

How much was a barrel of oil in 1977, and what was our daily production then? A barrel of oil then was equivalent to the exchange rate of naira to dollar now. I knw u wont understand what i mean cause u r of the buhari stock, f9 in economics and maths.

What was our annual budget in '77?
The annual budget was n cant be used in determining why our monies should be stolen with impunity and recklessness.
Also the budget was enough to carter for the population density as at that period.
Was there a panel set up during Shagari's tenure to pursue this allegation, what was the report?
why do you think buhari overthrew a working democracy with that phantom coup? Why did buhari not jail shehu shagari after tagging his admistration utterly corrupt but rushed to jail a vice president who in nigerian constitution is just a mere assistant to the president and doesnt have the powers to allocate contracts and preside over sensitive issues bordering governance.
Why didn't IBB, or GEJ use this against PMB? When buhari had already concluded his cosmetic probe. Why gej? Are you aware there was obasanjo and yaradua before gej? Why do you guys like skipping these names?

If you can answer those ^^ 'logically', then we will proceed lets proceed..
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by macanu(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2015
AkwaIbomrep1:
oh God save our oil well for us in Akwa ibom from the hands of this criminals,we are not even known as a state that has hundredths of oil wells both onshore/offshore because we are the most backward state in the entire s/south & s/east, inspite of our hundredths of oil wells we cease to have a refinery or even produce a petroleum minister ''what a nation'' nigerian govt. Should give us (Akwa ibom) refinery and stop pretendeding as if they have increased our budgets, only atiku abubakar who has hundredths of oil wells can single handedly feed the whole of Akwa ibom in a month ,show me one rich man in Akwa ibom u can compare with only Atiku abubakar,ty danjuma, etc etc etc, like I said Akwa ibom have been marginalized for long, with the small budget it will take time b4 we can meet up with other states like Abia, Imo let alone Rivers,northern political elements should be careful with the way they treat Akwa ibom just because we are minorities ,only but one day...''in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom''
story do u think they give a fuvk abt that,monkeys and barboos will always look 4 already ripe bananas to feed on without planting

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by basileze: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2015
PMB - Petroleum Noisemaker

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by billyG(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2015
AkwaIbomrep1:
oh God save our oil well for us in Akwa ibom from the hands of this criminals,we are not even known as a state that has hundredths of oil wells both onshore/offshore because we are the most backward state in the entire s/south & s/east, inspite of our hundredths of oil wells we cease to have a refinery or even produce a petroleum minister ''what a nation'' nigerian govt. Should give us (Akwa ibom) refinery and stop pretendeding as if they have increased our budgets, only atiku abubakar who has hundredths of oil wells can single handedly feed the whole of Akwa ibom in a month ,show me one rich man in Akwa ibom u can compare with only Atiku abubakar,ty danjuma, etc etc etc, like I said Akwa ibom have been marginalized for long, with the small budget it will take time b4 we can meet up with other states like Abia, Imo let alone Rivers,northern political elements should be careful with the way they treat Akwa ibom just because we are minorities ,only but one day...''in other news...''invest in Akwa ibom''
Shut yur facking mouth!Wher were u when Akpabio swimming in dollars hav u question how he got money 2 buy a private jet?
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by poiZon: 8:19am On Sep 30, 2015
billyG:

If u hav evidences of missing $2.8billn bring it forward,ppl still steal,kill,rob even when God is d Ruler of d universe.
do you have evidence that alison maduekwe embezzle palmoil abi groundnut oil money? If you have raw n concrete evidence then bring it, pls dont show me newspaper evidence.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by SweetSoup(m): 8:20am On Sep 30, 2015
menxer:

Is it not a wonder that an "illiterate" is President over Professors & learned Fellows?

The battle is not to the strong...

Don't forget God uses illiterate men to confound the wisdom of the wise.

If it will take an "illiterate" President to get Nigeria to work, so be it.
I salute you sir

1 Like

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by obailala(m): 8:21am On Sep 30, 2015
agabaI23:
Haha. Your body odour will do the job. Kai! Back to the days of OBJ. Who is deceiving who?
You are the one deceiving yourself. .. no one else is being deceived. This is a very good move.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by billyG(m): 8:22am On Sep 30, 2015
agabaI23:

The Madueke stuff is still propaganda until you arrest her and convict her. The local content law and PIB your Buhari is trying to kill was her work.

Nigerians do not know what they need. A president cannot function effectively as the petroleum minister. It is an avenue for corruption. Who will he be reporting to? Himself? No one to check his activities....abeg
Fools abound on NL,B4 unko who do u want him 2 report to?God?look fool d buck stop @ his Table.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by youngeagle(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2015
sanko05:
because there is no any trusted leader in nigeria to andle it weller
...Mumu and Bubu is from mars, most Nigrians are so gullible that's why our politicians keeps deceiving them.....if no Nigerian should be trusted then why should we trust PMB....there is a difference between a ruler and a leader

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by engrjacuzzi: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2015
PMB should be NLC president for I care.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by BabaO2: 8:37am On Sep 30, 2015
agabaI23:

Permanent secretaries run ministry not the ministers, ministers are mere political appointees (political jobbers), they are the people introducing politics and divide and rule into ministries, they are there to spend money and to identify who can play game for them.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:37am On Sep 30, 2015
Being the head of EFCC would have been perfect since he feels that he can cope with other functions aside his EXECUTIVE engagements.
It will be like putting a square peg in a square hole.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by 989900: 8:43am On Sep 30, 2015
[quote author=poiZon post=38520959][/quote]

You just muddled that up . . . makes it hard to break it down to you like I would have loved to.

Well:
1. You come at me with your first point, without realizing price of oil per barrel has nothing to do with the exchange rate in this context -- oil has always been sold in $, and the said 2.8 is in dollars too -- your point again?

2. I asked about annual production and budget -- you went perambulating -- that was supposed to help us get some perspective.

3. I asked result of the panel -- you went glossing.
#noanswer.

I mentioned IBB and GEJ, and purposely skipped Abacha, Abdusalam, and OBJ because, we could argue the former are his 'enemies (so to speak)', while the latter are his allies (so to speak).
So why didn't the former use that against him?

Could it be because, stealing $2.8b in one account when oil sold for less than $9/barrel, production at roughly less than a million barrels/day ( when you minus our local use and JVs), while annual budget was roughly hovering between $1.2b-$8b between '74-'78 would be baloney?

Have you looked into why the panel found PMB not guilty of the 2.8 allegation?

So much for beer parlour gists.

1 Like

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2015
All these Nigerian jobless youths still talking about oil
Tesla has launched a new SUV totally electric, new ways of harnessing and storing renewable energy are news in saner climes even in ordinary Liberia I saw and used solar water heaters.
Keep talking about oil which is becoming more useless daily the world is leaving you behind. grin undecided
Petroleum jelly kó petroleum attendant ní angry

4 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by spinoff: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2015
adioolayi:
This is Nigeria's most sensitive and corrupt institution... PMB carry go...This will even give NNPC MD Kachikwu more free hand to operate...he won't be ball boy to any corrupt minister thereby hampering his policies.

Let's hope this is a good decision.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by spinoff: 8:52am On Sep 30, 2015
free2ryhme:

What exactly does ministers do? GEJ had 42 wasteful Ministers and 26 extravagant SAs that were only making noises on TV and newspapers. The result being a wasted $480Bn revenue, $63Bn debt and a sordid tale of monumental corruption. Those who don't learn from mistakes are bound to repeat them.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by juman(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2015
Nothing special.

Obasanjo as president was also the oil minister, yet the corruption persisted in the ministry.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2015
989900:

You just muddled that up . . . makes it hard to break it down to you like I would have loved to.

Well:
1. You come at me with your first point, without realizing price of oil per barrel has nothing to do with the exchange rate in this context -- oil has always been sold in $, and the said 2.8 is in dollars too -- your point again?

2. I asked about annual production and budget -- you went perambulating -- that was supposed to help us get some perspective.

3. I asked result of the panel -- you went glossing.
#noanswer.

I mentioned IBB and GEJ, and puposely skipped Abacha, Abdusalam, and OBJ because, we could argue the former are his 'enemies (so to speak)', while the latter are his allies (so to speak).
So why didn't the former use that against him?

Could it be because, stealing $2.8b in one account when oil sold for less than $9/barrel, production at roughly a million barrels/day ( and you still have to minus our local use and JVs), while annual budget was roughly $1.2b would be baloney?

Have you looked into why the panel found PMB not guilty of the 2.8 allegation?

So much for beer parlour gists.

Your analysis should shut the mouths of senseless people who accused Babangida of $16bn oil windfall or GEJ of $ 20bn Sanusi magical funds but it won't because all these were used to gain political mileage.
False accusations will beget same, abuse of the office of the President will beget same so all you again seeing is Karma at work and by the time 2019 is by the corner, he will be accused of looting $22bn-$24bn. wink
Nigerians will believe because they hate progress and are very gullible.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by juman(m): 9:01am On Sep 30, 2015
APC should also more concern about agriculture, more money could be generated from agriculture than from oil.

Other mineral resources are also important.
The steel industries have failed. Billions of dollars should be generated from this single industry.

Abeg, one nigeria is wrong and wrong. It is a failed country.

Sincerely I am tired of one nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by makdcash(m): 9:02am On Sep 30, 2015
Baba go slow,is going slow and steady......fix it all baba.....
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by genearts(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2015
Garki82:
That is good.
Now we buy petrol @87 what of if Buhari becomes the minister for petroleum?
GO AHEAD BABA.
YOUR ENEMIES WOULD DIE SOON!

In Benin diesel is sold @115 and 120. How come, i dont know
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by nwanwaoge(m): 9:05am On Sep 30, 2015
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 9:13am On Sep 30, 2015
donholy28:
Which petroleum?
our petroleum

1 Like

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by vroom(m): 9:14am On Sep 30, 2015
Sanchez01:

Petroleum Jelly of course!grin

Well I'm not so surprised. The President said this sometimes ago. He said he will champion the cause and wage war against corruption and also tackle the roots and see how deep corruption has eaten into the oil sector. A surface purge would definitely not be enough to flatten the high rate of corruption in the sector, if it can't totally kill it.

Regardless, I expect two things after the wailers have booted from their slow OS;

1. Message themselves and have their chief who does not understand Facebook's modus operandi to prepare a "God bless Nigeria" kind of article, explaining why the President is interested in adding the salary of the Petroleum Minister to his slashed Presidential salarygrin

2. Have the wailers wail endlessly after they may have woken up from their cryo-sleepgrin

I kuku came here with my sound meter to pmeasure decibel level before. Oya, waaaaaaail!gringringrin

Haaaaaammmmmuuuuhhhhh....laffin in Hippopotamus way.

Wailers I de hail oooo, baba yaf heat up the oyel sector by 1000 degree ready to fry una yash like pekere ( plantain chips)
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Koolmexxi(m): 9:18am On Sep 30, 2015
Dear Oga PMB, tomorrow is Oct 1st and today is the day we heard u promised a cabinet. We have being hearing "U will...", "U shall...." , "U are going to..." before during and now after the elections and most believed u could and still do, it's now time for "I have..." , "I am doing...." and "We are working...." cos most still believe U can and will. Pls shame stop the devil, stop talking the talk and start working the work .. Thanks
Signed
Concerned Nigerian

NB: Ehen Oga PMB, abeg pls no vex if we have offended u ooo but I used to think na we u suppose dey give some of these info first before d foreign media since na Nigeria here we vote u

2 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by anytexy: 9:18am On Sep 30, 2015
cr7lomo:
Nigerians can be very stupid and gullible, look at the way f.oolish people on this forum are praising him , am beginning to believe that people are being paid to post or are outright stupid.... Any president that decides to head the ministry of petroleum is definitely corrupt, bk to the days of obj .... How can an illiterate president head that sensitive ministry, what does he know , I don't wanna see people spree rubbish that he did it under obasanjo and he established nnpc , that is crap , he established corrupt nnpc ... So no technocrat or qualified citizen can take charge , his deceiving himself.... He wants to hide his dealings with the north in that ministry ... When will Nigerians learn ... Gash
You mean gullible Apc supporters? They support PMB to a fault. To them any thing PMB does is right. He is beyond mistakes. SMH

3 Likes

Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by yemmynoni: 9:19am On Sep 30, 2015
donholy28:
Which petroleum?
Ghana own, see question
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Reference(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2015
No one ever learns. Same ol, same ol.
Re: I Will Be Petroluem Minister-Buhari by Neplusultra(f): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2015
Is dat supposed to be his priority?

Wot any Insecurity and his brothers dat are on rampage Smh undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inside A Boko Haram Refugee Camp In Abuja / Nigeria Navy Military Capabilities Pictures / #EndSARS Victims: Names, Photos, Videos & Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.