Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater (50099 Views)

Flood Alert: NEMA Advises These Communities To Evacuate / Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing / Flood Alert : Governor’s Aide Visit Delta Communities, Warns Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by missKiffy(f): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2015
Dahveydson:
Why I prefer the mainland.
Wow, this is bad
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2015
team mainland.
abeg I nor fit shout

2 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by onihaxxy: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2015
ok
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2015
mayreeh215:

What about relief for the affected, temporary accommodation and maybe some compensation for lost items?

And what hand out do I get based on the fact that I acted prudently and built away from ocean surge in interior city?

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by mznuez(f): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2015
That's y govt didn't approve there as a resident area...but nigerians and there mago mago they want to have a house close to the beach ?

3 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by sweetgala(m): 10:35am On Sep 30, 2015
baralatie:

calculate all the properties in that region and multiply by 10 it will not cover the cost of protection works on that coastline at all.

Really, you might not be suitable for public office or any office of responsibility that is. It's because Nigeria does not have a working property insurance system otherwise the state government would be so much indepted they'll smarten up

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by fireforfire: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2015
stevecantrell:
I had a dream alpha beach was obliterated by a tsunami 2 nights ago...just a dream.

wow has anyone told u dat ur a prophet....... ..

.......of doom
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by manchy7531: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2015
Eko to ti baje since 1999BC
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Kreamie(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2015
True..The whole of epe too..
baralatie:

banana island might be lucky.there are not as exposed like lekki
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2015
Ehya
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by MadCow1: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2015
MrCuddles:
Residents and villagers of Alpha Beach area of Lekki are currently battling flood. This is a yearly reoccurance and this years is the worst it has been. Houses are being submerged in water, people are made homeless and cars are stranded.

Year after year residents in this environment cry to the Government for help but it keeps occurring. All the businesses on the beach are now under water and are currently unemployed. A country as strong as Nigeria yet we cannot handle the annual flood crisis. Billions of dollars are spent on the Eko Atlantic City all in the name of a Mega City or is it luxurious living yet the poor are suffering.

I hope the office oqf the Governor of Lagos sees this or better still The President sees this. This is not change, nothing has changed, we need change, we want change.

Photos are attached.

Guy e no bad na..

I have seen worse there before.

See Timothy Bar still dey stand sef.

When I first moved to Lagos a few years back, I squatted with a friend who house overlooks the beach. I experienced a worse flooding than this.

No worry, dem don dey use to this matter.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2015
Plots of land available for sale in simawa call 08182481552 for more.

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by youdontknowme: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2015
Olaolufred:
There is land at Ogijo, Ogere, Sagamu, Ijebu etc. yet many settled for ocean view.

Ocean is trying to come closer and become more an intimate friend, they are calling government.

Are every land covered with brushes or grasses suitable for houses vis a vis Erosion, environmental risk?

And most of these folks were criticizing lagos for starting eko atlantic city which is aimed partly at protecting V.I.

Well, Hope for you folks in future, but not in the immediate.
Well said
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2015
mayreeh215:

What about relief for the affected, temporary accommodation and maybe some compensation for lost items?
LASG should invest in barriers to keep the ocean away
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 30, 2015
MadCow1:

Guy e no bad na..

I have seen worse there before.

See Timothy Bar still dey stand sef.

Lol trust me it is bad. Timothy don run

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by icedfire(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2015
do I pity them? no I don't.

u guys are crazy. u see water, u build close to it. u see swamp, u reclaim the land. now u want govt to come and rescue u with my tax?? Una dey mad..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by kolnel: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2015
Lekki and environs are just calamities in waiting
They are too close to the ocean
It's just a matter of time
Meanwhile govt is very broke

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by livingstoneony(m): 10:42am On Sep 30, 2015
Olaolufred:
There is land at Ogijo, Ogere, Sagamu, Ijebu etc. yet many settled for ocean view.

Ocean is trying to come closer and become more an intimate friend, they are calling government.

Are every land covered with brushes or grasses suitable for houses vis a vis Erosion, environmental risk?

And most of these folks were criticizing lagos for starting eko atlantic city which is aimed partly at protecting V.I.

where are this places abeg? see hating abeg...
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by MadCow1: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2015
MrCuddles:

Lol trust me it is bad. Timothy don run

Wen Miyaki run from there ehn think say Miyaki no get sense.. grin

What about that new bar wey get DSTV?

I hope say that guy see things to salvage before the flood hit am.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Ignyte(m): 10:43am On Sep 30, 2015
Wailers ehn.... OP read your Topic again. It is a beach, if it floods how do u want that to be changed?? FYI, It's a beach for crying out loud, Without water how is it a beach??

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by scholes0(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2015
LOL
is this a beach or a slum!!

Ad what do you mean when you say a BEACH is under water? Who send people to go build shanties there?

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2015
whizqueen:
Lalasticlala
What a pity embarassed
. . . . why calling lala, is he the Governor or Advicer ?
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Koolking(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Good governance can only try but can never change the course of nature. It's now left for the residents of the affected area to relocate to a higher ground. They have nothing to lose by leaving the area, but got everything to lose by staying put and waiting for govt to come to their aid.

The sand-filling and massive construction on Eko Atlantic, which obviously changed the course of the ocean water will continue to affect the ecosystem of that area.

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by omoodeogere(m): 10:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Olaolufred:

v OTO ORO
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by scholes0(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2015
Koolking:
Good governance can only try but can never change the course of nature. It's now left for the residents of the affected area to relocate to a higher ground. They have nothing to lose by leaving the area, but got everything to lose by staying put and waiting for govt to come to their aid.

The sand-filling and massive construction on Eko Atlantic, which obviously changed the course of the ocean water will continue to affect the ecosystem of that area.

Eko Atlantic is doing the exact opposite of that.
It is protecting the people living further inland. Remember when VI used to get flooded almost every year?? what stopped it?

1 Like

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by princeatom: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2015
You called a place "Alpha BEACH" so where else would he be other than under the water?
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by kelvyn7: 10:49am On Sep 30, 2015
... and a plot of land there is 500 million undecided
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Kazrem(m): 10:51am On Sep 30, 2015
Smh.
Very pitiful.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by funkiebully: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2015
Oba akiolu, Ur ppl are already perishing in d lagoon

3 Likes

Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by pushtani(m): 10:55am On Sep 30, 2015
Amazingly, I live in alpha beach, quite close to the beach because I can see the beach from my house because palm trees are scarce there. I left my house this morning around 9am, I never foresaw anything like this happening. Now I think the government has to do something before it becomes uncontrollable. Over the years, the condition of the beach has been deteriorating and nothing is being done....

I see no reason for local government, because the eti osa LG sectariat is right in alpha beach and they keep folding their hands over everything happening there including the bad roads.
Re: Flood Alert: Alpha Beach Is Underwater by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2015
kelvyn7:
... and a plot of land there is 500 million undecided

For reals? shocked shocked

So Nigeria also has a certain section of the populace with more money than brains.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / SA To A Politician Refused To Be Search By Police In Delta (Video) / Ugwuanyi Hands Over Five Innoson Fire Fighting Trucks To State Fire Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.