Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity (23804 Views)

Benin, Togo Affected By Nigeria's New Vehicle Importation Policy / Is Embarrassing That Small Countries Like Benin, Togo Don’t Ve Fuel Queues / 5 Countries That Are Poorer Than Nigeria But Generate More Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by greggng: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
News like this makes me have great hope that one day nigeria will be great again. The same role russia is playing with ther gas in europe same nigeria will be doing to other african country. With good leadership we will get there. I am not traveling out again I will make it here

1 Like

Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by tsdarkside(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
Benoxvals:

Nigeria electricity problems didn't start during Jonathan administration sir..
That phrase•••UP NEPA!! has been since time immemorial.

yea...you are right...i remember nepa.....what a disaster company...
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Iceskidd(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
power supply don worse here since gej go
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by rugged7(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
If Nigerian leaders weren't so retarded and moronic, Nigeria should have been supplying electricity/energy to the whole of west africa and making profit on top of it too.
This ZOO is just a let down.

2 Likes

Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
electricity that we dont have.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by 989900: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
rugged7:
If Nigerian leaders weren't so retarded and moronic, Nigeria should have been supplying electricity/energy to the whole of west africa and making profit on top of it too.
This ZOO is just a let down.

See as market dey waste!
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by TonySpike: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
It is their implicit right to ask for an increase in power supply because River Niger, which passes through their countries, can be dammed at any time!

1 Like

Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by remi4ever(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
The government of Togo and co, should please stop being dependant on Nigeria, and opt in for other renewable sources of electricity...I don't need to give examples! We're still managing what we have...and the people of Nigeria are yet to enjoy 24hours constant power supply in some regions...I think Mr. President is trying though. They've been a good positive change since he resumed office...
#GodBless9ja

1 Like

Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Edunwa302(m): 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
ifyan:
The governments of Benin and Togo on Monday called for an increase in the amount of electricity, which their countries receive from Nigeria.

They specifically requested the Nigerian electricity supply industry to increase the amount of power sent to them from 200 megawatts to 300MW.

Speaking through the Community Electric du Benin, the countries urged the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission to intervene in the matter, but NERC made it clear to them that they would pay stipulated commercial rates for the power from Nigeria.

The CEB, known in English as the Electricity Community of Benin, is an international organisation co-owned by the governments of Benin and Togo. It is in charge of developing electricity infrastructure in both countries, which are strongly dependent on energy imports from Ghana and Nigeria.

NERC said in a statement that it told the four-man delegation from the CEB that the governments of Benin and Togo should be ready to pay commercial rates for electricity supplied to them by Nigeria.

Speaking with the CEB team, the Transmission Service Provider and Independent System Operator for the Republics of Togo and Benin, the NERC Chairman, Dr. Sam Amadi, was quoted as saying, “The ongoing reform in the Nigeria electricity industry will not jeopardise international relations and strategic interests of Nigeria.”

The delegation, the statement said, was in Nigeria to find out the implication of the privatisation of the remaining government-owned power plants under the National Integrated Power Project and how it would affect the allocation of 200MW of electricity, which the two nations were receiving from Nigeria.

NERC stated in the statement, “They also made a case for an increase in allocation from 200MW to 300MW. Nigeria currently supplies 300MW to Togo, Benin and Niger Republic, out of which the CEB countries get 200MW of power supply with the balance of 100MW given to Niger Republic.”

“You need to sign a power purchase agreement with the Nigeria Electricity Bulk Trader Plc and be up to date in your payment for electricity received as the market will be entirely private-sector-driven by the time the NIPP plants are sold,” Amadi was quoted as telling the delegation.

He explained that such financial commitment and responsibility might be an issue when considering their request for additional capacity.

The CEB team was told that the request would be deliberated at the October edition of the industry stakeholders’ meeting and that decisions reached would be communicated to them.

Source:http://www.nairausd.com/2015/09/benin-togo-beg-nigeria-for-more.html?m=1

Twitter@nairausd
Whaattt!! We never see food chop na so dem dey ask for d little we ve
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 30, 2015
obinnajr:
LOL SEE WHERE BEGGERS DEY BEG BEGGER, YOU NEVER CHOP BELLE FULL YOUR STOMACH YOU WAN DO OWAMBE
You took the words right out of my mouth. Beggar begging another beggar? When some states in Nigeria have not even see electricity for going to 2years. Even here in lagos,I'm sure there are communities who hardly have electricity.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by 400billionman: 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
Kjking:
Maybe you stay in Cameroon but me, I have experienced 5hours of light in ma area oo

In the last 24hours, i had 12hrs light but on the average its about 5 hours since it does not occur like that everyday.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by babaarewa(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
This is scam/not true. Please check source of info.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by shammah1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2015
Which one is some part? undecided as a whole we lack power generation
dustmalik:
They should go and sit down joor. Some parts of Nigeria still don't have electricity and these people are asking for more? Now that we are enjoying near constant electricity, these people want to put sand sand in our garri.
I don't think it's wise to grant their request even if they'll pay. Buhari must fulfill his 50,000 megawatts by 2019 first
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by dustmalik: 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
shammah1:
Which one is some part? undecided as a whole we lack power generationI don't think it's wise to grant their request even if they'll pay. Buhari must fulfill his 50,000 megawatts by 2019 first
He never promised 50,000 megawatts by 2019.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
It's funny how everybody is now complaining they don't have light..... grin grin grin

Nigerians keep deceiving yourselves grin grin

1 Like

Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by akaahs(m): 1:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
there is love in sharing, abi na lie
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by winterfell007(m): 1:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
i advise west african countries to embark on captive power operations this is one one of the fastest ways to solve the energy deficiency in the west African region. Nigerians have enough gas that can be transported either through pipelines or trucks. to other west african states.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by ahamonyeka(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
They should allow us to drink water and drop the cup first cos I know our government will still give them because of money.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Toxydon147: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
LMAO see Nigerians dey para trying to protect their light . Abeg they should just let us enjoy this our 3 hours daily light for the first time .
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by onyepapa(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
Too many abok-i comments here, are this guys not paying ×3 of what we are paying for this same light? Any government that won't give them more should be very stupi-d

1 Like

Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by gnykelly(m): 1:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
we Nigeria need to up our game so we can help many African nations.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by rugged7(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2015
989900:

[s][/s]See as market dey waste!

The ZOO IS a let down...
Ka ji kwo?
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Goke7: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2015
TonySpike:
It is their implicit right to ask for an increase in power supply because River Niger, which passes through their countries, can be dammed at any time!
This is what a lot of folks don't know actually
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by 989900: 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
rugged7:

The ZOO IS a let down...
Ka ji kwo?

If that makes you sleep at night . . .
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
Mehnn... See greed!
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by fmzzy(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
guy u dey mad...shi nah my language
slyng:
Abi won shi ni?
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Smooyis(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nigeria should aim to attain at least 10,000 megawatts of electricity in the next two years. Or is that too big to be attainable?
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by fizziea(m): 2:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
jeez!!

u mean 3countries are sharing 300mw

while Nigeria still dey vex say 5000mw neva do

Nigeria no b moi moi oooo I swear down
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Tex42(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
Shey this people no dey watch news or read newspaper? Light wey we no see na hin we go give them?!

Abi heightened stupidity follow be signs of end time?
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by chukslawrence(m): 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
jmoore:
They should join Federal republic of Nigeria.

Another amalgamation ain't that bad. smiley

Abeg 5,000 megawatts is not enough for 170 million Nigerians.
Pple way wan go nko?
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by juman(m): 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2015
Oh oh, nigeria failed to become a sensible country.

Provision of 24/7 electricity in all west african countries is the responsibility of nigeria.

Bad and useless "leaders" destroyed nigeria.
Re: Benin, Togo Beg Nigeria For More Electricity by Fxwarrior: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2015
dustmalik:
They should go and sit down joor. Some parts of Nigeria still don't have electricity and these people are asking for more? Now that we are enjoying near constant electricity, these people want to put sand sand in our garri.

Near constant what? I haven't seen light in my area for a month now and they are talking nonsense yet these bastards will bring bill. I wish I can cut off someones head for it.
Maybe lalasticlala head? Na joke I dey o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Guns Should Be Legalized In Nigeria / Peter Obi & Datti Arrive Gombe State For Presidential Rally (Pics, Video) / If Another Election Comes, I'll Still Vote Tinubu – Seyi Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.