Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

The Headies 2015 Nominees List. - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Headies 2015 Nominees List. (40356 Views)

Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / Embarrassing Moments From The Headies 2016 / Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
doesn't make it any less shitty. For once, they should come up with a list to shock me. You'll see the winners, at least 98% will be Yoruba. Won't even lose sleep waiting up for their mediocre award like last year

I fail to agree with your stance respectfully. Lagos is the base for Entertainment in Nigeria.Lagos is basically a Yoruba populated state.

Now to get your song blown well enough,one has to be in Lagos ( most times). So an artiste has to put Yoruba in d song doesn't necessary mean he is Yoruba .Because they sing Yoruba songs or use Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba,u will be surprised that half of this people are even igbos and south south who have lived in Lagos for years and adapted. Some might even change names.
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
Elparaiso:

Medio-gini? Which phyno's song do you hear over the radio? Apart from Ladi and nme nme that were popular for a while. None comes to mind. By the way, the people you call local are the ones we listen to over here. Only die hard Ibo men listen to phyno. Don't get me wrong, I love phyno. Any time, any day. But this year was not his at all.
you're the only one going about spreading stewpid talk that this year was not Phyno's year. Do you think this year is the only year under review? So, MTV recognised Phyno enough to nominate him, but this mediocre Yoruba award wants to say otherwise? HipTV is yet to prove me wrong on how biased they are

3 Likes

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 30, 2015
airmark:

What happens to you my dear? Why are you sounding tribalistic ? This year's list has been a great one well-drawn. It may not be perfect but the lows are negligible. Still looking for sean tizzle on the list as you wrongly claimed.

exactly. Last year ,wizkid won nothing and had only one nomination .In fact!phyno ,illbliss ,ugovinna made the list oo
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by chesterlee(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2015
Elparaiso:

Medio-gini? Which phyno's song do you hear over the radio? Apart from Ladi and nme nme that were popular for a while. None comes to mind. By the way, the people you call local are the ones we listen to over here. Only die hard Ibo men listen to phyno. Don't get me wrong, I love phyno. Any time, any day. But this year was not his at all.

Phyno had a poor year according to you.

How did he get nominated in the Best Hip Hop Artist Category in this Year's MTV award?

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by mikhe2(m): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
MrsPhyno:
If Phyno isn't on this list then it's trash grin
strong igbo girl
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by presidentitotoh: 2:23pm On Sep 30, 2015
Best pop artiste-olamide bobo
Next rated-lll kesh
Male artiste of the year olamde
Not h8n on wizzy but he's ojuwelegba is only listed in various categories because of the international acclaims he got from that song by drake and co.Buh he no fit win any category when olamide follow am dy tho cos ola totally killed it this year..from bobo to melo melo to lagos bois(badoo sneh) 2015 na I'm gettam..the nominations are reasonable tho..dahris all
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 2:24pm On Sep 30, 2015
Iamsynord:

I fail to agree with your stance respectfully. Lagos is the base for Entertainment in Nigeria.Lagos is basically a Yoruba populated state.

Now to get your song blown well enough,one has to be in Lagos ( most times). So an artiste has to put Yoruba in d song doesn't necessary mean he is Yoruba .Because they sing Yoruba songs or use Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba,u will be surprised that half of this people are even igbos and south south who have lived in Lagos for years and adapted. Some might even change names.
who is talking about putting Yoruba in a song? I'm talking about dashing Yoruba artistes awards, if it was by singing in Yoruba, Burna would've gotten an award. So you agree that Headies is a 'regional' award, hence your fixation on location. You may argue about it, which is expected cuz I doubt you're using an unbiased eye, but truth remains truth. It's a mediocre, Yoruba award

4 Likes

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by airmark(m): 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2015
Iamsynord:

You nailed it. Bez, psquare, praiz, Timi dakolo, cobhams, Bez, MI, solid star, masterkraft are all non-yorubas nominated but safarigirl has already made up her mind to tarnish hip tv image. So unfortunate.
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
who is talking about putting Yoruba in a song? I'm talking about dashing Yoruba artistes awards, if it was by singing in Yoruba, Burna would've gotten an award. So you agree that Headies is a 'regional' award, hence your fixation on location. You may argue about it, which is expected cuz I doubt you're using an unbiased eye, but truth remains truth. It's a mediocre, Yoruba award

You got my point but there's still something you missing ma. The fact remains Headies award Yoruba artistes.That is the plain truth.

Now what am saying is that award Yoruba artistes most times because Yoruba artistes are the most successful.The reason for the success of Yoruba artistes is because most are based in Lagos.It appeals to the Yoruba populated Lagos and once it blows in Lagos.it blows in Nigeria.

What am saying basically is that,there are many talented artists from other tribes like Igbo,Hausa.But d thing is they fail to relocate to the base.which is Lagos.They fail to do songs that appeals to Yoruba infested Lagos state.Once the lagosians don't know your song ,days the end.

So how many lagosians hear wat Phyno says.?? If not for collabos with Olamide and lil kesh. That's y Artists need to realise that no matter how indigenous you are,be u IBO or any tribe,u can't make it without a lil sumfin for Yoruba fans including getting nominations and awards mostly collated by Yoruba music critics.
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by peterfrank090(m): 2:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
cry kiss lipsrsealed
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by smoothralph(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
This list is trash.....
Where is pray for me by darey Art alade?
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by wunmi590(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
zubby29:
soon

Yes, God would help him to attain greater height including you and me.

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Elparaiso(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
you're the only one going about spreading stewpid talk that this year was not Phyno's year. Do you think this year is the only year under review? So, MTV recognised Phyno enough to nominate him, but this mediocre Yoruba award wants to say otherwise? HipTV is yet to prove me wrong on how biased they are
Immediately I saw "Yoruba award", I forgot what I wanted to say. When did ill bliss become Yoruba?
I do not like tribal talk so I won't trade banters with you...
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Elparaiso(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
Iamsynord:

You got my point but there's still something you missing ma. The fact remains Headies award Yoruba artistes.That is the plain truth.

Now what am saying is that award Yoruba artistes most times because Yoruba artistes are the most successful.The reason for the success of Yoruba artistes is because most are based in Lagos.It appeals to the Yoruba populated Lagos and once it blows in Lagos.it blows in Nigeria.

What am saying basically is that,there are many talented artists from other tribes like Igbo,Hausa.But d thing is they fail to relocate to the base.which is Lagos.They fail to do songs that appeals to Yoruba infested Lagos state.Once the lagosians don't know your song ,days the end.

So how many lagosians hear wat Phyno says.?? If not for collabos with Olamide and lil kesh. That's y Artists need to realise that no matter how indigenous you are,be u IBO or any tribe,u can't make it without a lil sumfin for Yoruba fans including getting nominations and awards mostly collated by Yoruba music critics.

Word!
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
airmark:

What happens to you my dear? Why are you sounding tribalistic ? This year's list has been a great one well-drawn. It may not be perfect but the lows are negligible. Still looking for sean tizzle on the list as you wrongly claimed.
I have to sound tribalistic cuz Headies is a tribalistic award. This isn't the first time we're seeing them do this. I've said nothing since, but anyone who isn't Yoruba can see the clear bias. Imagine Mode9 on rap album of the year and Phyno isn't, the pattern is wrong. Wait till the winners come out, it will be the same old thing. I'll need a non-Yoruba person to defend this so I'm sure there's no bias

3 Likes

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2015
Elparaiso:

Immediately I saw "Yoruba award", I forgot what I wanted to say. When did ill bliss become Yoruba?
I do not like tribal talk so I won't trade banters with you...
oh, adding ill bliss must make it all better, we're so glad ill bliss who had a worse year than Phyno is there to make up the numbers. If a list was released with Igbo artistes dominating and Vector getting a nomination, I'm very sure it would raise a brow, especially if it's consistently so

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 2:53pm On Sep 30, 2015
Iamsynord:

Aren't you Yoruba? Your ethnocentric argument is expected. Good day

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
Aren't you Yoruba? Your ethnocentric argument is expected. Good day

Have a nice day
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by airmark(m): 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
I have to sound tribalistic cuz Headies is a tribalistic award. This isn't the first time we're seeing them do this. I've said nothing since, but anyone who isn't Yoruba can see the clear bias. Imagine Mode9 on rap album of the year and Phyno isn't , the pattern is wrong. Wait till the winners come out, it will be the same old thing. I'll need a non-Yoruba person to defend this so I'm sure there's no bias

The question you should ask yourself is, did phyno release an album within the year under review? The answer is No. Last year edition his album was nominated but could nt win or do you want headies to nominate him again? meanwhile he still won 2 awards last year ahead of your so-called Yoruba artistes. It's very unfair to throw tribal shots at them recklessly. His man of the year track won award too in 2013, so whats your point?

3 Likes

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by free37: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2015

lipsrsealed
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by busayochic: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
neolboy:
Is whizkid still in d music industry?
do u still have a radio at home
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by CallMeMadMan: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
I hope kiss daniel and small doctor win something. They really deserve it. Phyno should make it up from now. He has lost form drastically
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nelsizzy:
Olamide my guy. Good to see wizKID back in business. Happy for Vector. Btw, wat is Modenine n small doctor doing there?
abi oooo
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by itzemar(m): 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
Am I the only one thinking that Olamide's Lagos Boys should be on this list??
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
airmark:

The question you should ask yourself is, did phyno release an album within the year under review? The answer is No. Last year edition his album was nominated but could nt win or do you want headies to nominate him again? meanwhile he still won 2 awards last year ahead of your so-called Yoruba artistes. It's very unfair to throw tribal shots at them recklessly. His man of the year track won award too in 2013, so whats your point?
which 2 awards did he win last year? If their awards weren't tribal based, maybe nobody would accuse them.

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by itzemar(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
Am I the only one thinking that Olamide's Lagos Boys should be on this list??

click LIKE if YES and click SHARE if NO
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by airmark(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
which 2 awards did he win last year? If their awards weren't tribal based, maybe nobody would accuse them.

He won best rap single . You are the one viewing it with a tribal eye. Non-yorubas have been winning it and continue to win it. I hope one day you won't allege mtv is also Yoruba-based music channel.
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by GIYAZZ(m): 3:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
15. LYRICIST ON THE ROLL

A non-voting category for the Rap Artiste with the
best lyrical depth and performance on a single song
or album.

1. Ill Bliss – Bank Alert (remix) Feat. Ice Prince, Eva
Alordiah & Phyno

2. Vector – King Kong

3. Reminisce – Baba Hafusa

4. G.O.D – T.R

Lyrical depth and you're bringing these dumb down craps for us?? _Fuck this award!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2015
mikhe2:
strong igbo girl
Yes sah grin

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by airmark(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
GIYAZZ:

15. LYRICIST ON THE ROLL

A non-voting category for the Rap Artiste with the
best lyrical depth and performance on a single song
or album.

1. Ill Bliss – Bank Alert (remix) Feat. Ice Prince, Eva
Alordiah & Phyno

2. Vector – King Kong

3. Reminisce – Baba Hafusa

4. G.O.D – T.R

Lyrical depth and you're bringing these for us?? Bleep this award!!!

What if those you thought would be listed did not submit their materials for the category when requests were made?

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by adebisiolumide5(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2015
When they were calling People to submit their works. why didnt u go submit phyno's own??;Why are people blinded with tribes like this? that list is Superb for me!!!
and

#TeamWizkid

cc: safarigirl

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by adebisiolumide5(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2015
airmark:

He won best rap single . You are the one viewing it with a tribal eye. Non-yorubas have been winning it and continue to win it. I hope one day you won't allege mtv is also Yoruba-based music channel.

no answer the girl again. someone who knows nothing bout music

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top Ten Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In May 2018 / Naija Songs That Rocked 2008 / P-Square "Shekini" Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.