Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

The Headies 2015 Nominees List. - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Headies 2015 Nominees List. (40291 Views)

Next Rated Award Winners At The Headies Since 2006 / Embarrassing Moments From The Headies 2016 / Full List Of Winners At The Headies 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by GIYAZZ(m): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
airmark:

What if those you thought would be listed did not submit their materials for the category when requests were made?
And how would you know that?
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by MemphisDepay(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
All these categories are so tight mehn.. Short of words!
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by mikhe2(m): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Yes sah grin
tell phyno to try harder next year:::#Winks#
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by ModiKen(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
OBSEQUIOUS:
Welcome to Nigeria, where zilch songs get nominated for awards. Where songs don't have meanings anymore... where conjured lines are the norms.

Olamide making waves whiles Falz is ignored to some extent. Small doctor the noise maker nominated, I die!

Simi deserves better nominations than this in my opinion.

Lets celebrate intellect, vocals and talent , not beats and noise!

Well said.

I was shocked not to see Darey Art-Alade's "Pray for me" on the list while people like Wizkid and Olamide who sing songs without meaning or with vulgar lyrics are in almost every category....

Chai! This is quite sad.

What is the yard stick for nominating songs for award in this country? I wonder.

Anyway, I know that if the organizers of these award ceremonies don't get their acts together and do the right thing, with time these awards would be of no value to Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2015
airmark:

He won best rap single . You are the one viewing it with a tribal eye. Non-yorubas have been winning it and continue to win it. I hope one day you won't allege mtv is also Yoruba-based music channel.
best rap single? What song? And is that 2 awards? fortunately for us all, MTV requires viewers to vote, not just handing judgment to a rag-tag group of God knows who and expecting everyone to accept it. HipTV should shock me, none of this talk from Yorubas has exonerated them. You won't see any fault where something favours you or your people

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
GIYAZZ:
he's right. Maybe they didn't send it, why would I send my material when I'm sure they'll just hand over the award to some Sean Tizzle kinda guy?
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by GIYAZZ(m): 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
he's right. Maybe they didn't send it, why would I send my material when I'm sure they'll just hand over the award to some Sean Tizzle kinda guy?
Crazy. The industry has deterioted to this extent? Safarigirl, you know what I'm thinking?
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by del5545(m): 4:49pm On Sep 30, 2015
Iamthoney:
Gbese and Efejoku crooner will be crowned tha next rated. Skiborobo skibo skiborobo skibo oshey baddest...Lil kesh
Shoro niyen?
Little Kesh wey no get talent,na rubissh song he dey sing.he can't win d next rated.u can let us bet o...

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by airmark(m): 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
best rap single? What song? And is that 2 awards? fortunately for us all, MTV requires viewers to vote, not just handing judgment to a rag-tag group of God knows who and expecting everyone to accept it. HipTV should shock me, none of this talk from Yorubas has exonerated them. You won't see any fault where something favours you or your people

'Parcel' which was majorly in Igbo language won best rap single in 2014, 'Man of the year' was best rap single 2013, while his 'ghost mode' won best collabo in 2013. stop being a bigot. Psquare has been the highest winner apart from mode 9, stop painting headies black. Viewers' votes are used for almost all the categories.

GIYAZZ:

If they submitted their materials and the judges check the lyrics and top-notch they would be nominated. In 2013, boogey sanctum was nominated, it is a non-voting category so the judges must have done their jobs on materials at hand to have come with what we have in the list.

3 Likes

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by GIYAZZ(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
airmark:

If they submitted their materials and the judges check the lyrics and top-notch they would be nominated. In 2013, boogey sanctum was nominated, it is a non-voting category so the judges must have done their jobs on materials at hand to have come with what we have in the list.
It is very possible the judges judgments can be manipulated. Leave talk! These guys have been disregarding and disrespecting the real emcees in the game. I am very sure some top-notch lyricists brought their materials, but got scrapped out because they've got "no buzz!"
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
cr7lomo:
Phyno not nominated for best rap , infact I now believe burna boy, this is a pure Yoruba award . Eventually nominating the one that Yoruba boys featured him in , so that they make sure a Yoruba boy wins that category..... Stupid award
Mumu, idiotic & tribal fathead hasnt he won headies b4? I hate morons like u.
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Emodeee: 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:

you luv music a lot. What genre of music do u do?
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Moz22: 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
olajorn:
I want Reekardo Bank to win the Next rated Award...I know girls will Prefer kiss Daniel or that boy that sing Godwin

Sang..
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Raphtop(m): 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2015
cr7lomo:
Phyno not nominated for best rap , infact I now believe burna boy, this is a pure Yoruba award . Eventually nominating the one that Yoruba boys featured him in , so that they make sure a Yoruba boy wins that category..... Stupid award
do u alws av to tribalise everything?
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by naijaboiy: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
OBSEQUIOUS:
Welcome to Nigeria, where zilch songs get nominated for awards. Where songs don't have meanings anymore... where conjured lines are the norms.

Olamide making waves whiles Falz is ignored to some extent. Small doctor the noise maker nominated, I die!

Simi deserves better nominations than this in my opinion.

Lets celebrate intellect, vocals and talent , not beats and noise!
Who is ignoring Falz?

Abeg when did Falz start? Not like his songs are any better undecided

Mtchew...
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
Emodeee:

you luv music a lot. What genre of music do u do?
alternative rock and pop. Rap sometimes
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by naijaboiy: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
there is nothing wrong with his level of reasoning. Anyone who knows Headies knows that they and their Yoruba owner are Yoruba based. I didn't even read the list, but I know Sean Tizzle is on it, that alone discredits the mediocre award
Where did this one see Sean tizzle on any list?

People no go sabi something but them go just wan talk. undecided

And I wonder why you people are unnecessarily bringing tribe into this very simple thing. It's such a shame that you have let it eat so deep inside you that you can't fail to point out a tribal setting behind anything done in this country.

Mtchew! undecided
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by del5545(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
Iamsynord:

I fail to agree with your stance respectfully. Lagos is the base for Entertainment in Nigeria.Lagos is basically a Yoruba populated state.

Now to get your song blown well enough,one has to be in Lagos ( most times). So an artiste has to put Yoruba in d song doesn't necessary mean he is Yoruba .Because they sing Yoruba songs or use Yoruba doesn't make them Yoruba,u will be surprised that half of this people are even igbos and south south who have lived in Lagos for years and adapted. Some might even change names.
Na lie joor,wat of timaya,y is timaya song nt in any of d list?
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 6:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
naijaboiy:

Who is ignoring Falz?

Abeg when did Falz start? Not like his songs are any better undecided

Mtchew...
seriously? I wonder the sense in shoki yet it's nominated, what's in local rappers?

If it's about when he started people like Darey should top some list yet he has none.
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
ModiKen:

Well said.

I was shocked not to see Darey Art-Alade's "Pray for me" on the list while people like Wizkid and Olamide who sing songs without meaning or with vulgar lyrics are in almost every category....

Chai! This is quite sad.

What is the yard stick for nominating songs for award in this country? I wonder.

Anyway, I know that if the organizers of these award ceremonies don't get their acts together and do the right thing, with time these awards would be of no value to Nigerians.
Spot on, let's feel these award nominees and eventual winners deserve it.
Celebrate good music not junks in sounds!
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by cupidhero(m): 6:06pm On Sep 30, 2015
Ojuelegba deserves a win in every category it is being nominated in, vector can take the rest home.
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2015
naijaboiy:

Where did this one see Sean tizzle on any list?

People no go sabi something but them go just wan talk. undecided

And I wonder why you people are unnecessarily bringing tribe into this very simple thing. It's such a shame that you have let it eat so deep inside you that you can't fail to point out a tribal setting behind anything done in this country.

Mtchew! undecided
same to you. LASTMA
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
cr7lomo:

Shebi
illbliss is yoruba
Ugovinna is yoruba
Psquare yoruba
Timi dakolo yoruba
Mi yoruba
Cynthai morgan yoruba
2face idibia yoruba
Joel yoruba
Patoranking yoruba
Iyanya yoruba
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
why is Adekunle Gold having only one nomination? ? I smell something fishy. .......BTW we're waiting for #List
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
One selfish igbo girl is shoutin phyno is nt there
I laugh like as if wen igbos create an award show wud giv yoruba any?
If it so dey shd lead by example ow many yorubas av got a meaningful post in igbo land
Safarigirl even if phyno is nt nominated d award show wud still go on

U can like to fyt wit BET awards o davido wizkid nd all are their fav
MTV too tongue
The more u hate yorubas ehn d more they are on the map world wide Keep the hate rollin cos phyno na lord rah na why he go dey get nomination always Bleep u Bleep phyno
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
If it so dey shd lead by example ow many yorubas av got a meaningful post in igbo land

MTV too tongue
The more u hate yorubas ehn d more they are on the map world wide Keep the hate rollin cos phyno na lord rah na why he go dey get nomination always Bleep u Bleep phyno
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
Igbos av issues gan ni
If they are nt nigerians
They are biafrans to the extent they deny africa now call themselves jews cheesy cheesy

mehn i wudnt blame a tribe tryin to b a continent cheesy cheesy

Russia go soon carry una matter for head e remain small tongue

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2015
halfrica:

MTV too tongue
who gives a shiit about Phyno or backstage award BET? What are you ranting about, you street urchin? Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
who gives a shiit about Phyno or backstage award BET? What are you ranting about, you street urchin? Na wa o

Why are u now bringing tribal issue up look i dnt care if u giv a fuccck or not
U are d one who started dis rant
I guess u on ur period so bad u are really into all dis
street urchin? cheesy for ur mind ehn na u b baddo for english
See little sea lion if u wana go bou roaring about ow stupid ur intellects are .
U make noise like a hummming bird wen defeated u go meek like a wailing dragon hain!
u make me laugh chai i see some reasons now only best known to me
Headies abeg make una nominate safarigirl for the most stupidd nd sort after low self esteem igbo
Atleast its an award
U are sure a yoruba person wont win tongue

1 Like

Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by safarigirl(f): 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
halfrica:

Why are u now bringing tribal issue up look i dnt care if u giv a fuccck or not
U are d one who started dis rant
I guess u on ur period so bad u are really into all dis
street urchin? cheesy for ur mind ehn na u b baddo for english
See little sea lion if u wana go bou roaring about ow stupid ur intellects are .
U make noise like a hummming bird wen defeated u go meek like a wailing dragon hain!
u make me laugh chai i see some reasons now only best known to me
Headies abeg make una nominate safarigirl for the most stupidd nd sort after low self esteem igbo
Atleast its an award
U are sure a yoruba person wont win tongue
why don't you borrow a life? A gist that's 2 hours old is what you're still quoting me for. I've stated my case and moved on, so you can go choke yourself with a vibrator. LASTMA
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2015
safarigirl:
why don't you borrow a life? A gist that's 2 hours old is what you're still quoting me for. I've stated my case and moved on, so you can go choke yourself with a vibrator. LASTMA

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
So cos u work with lastma errybody does
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The depth of ur tinkin nerves is too shallow for me to dive into

Mehn m done trading words with u cos all u do is deficit My sense u such an economy waste to me no value added to me from u
Anyways love u so deeply mch cheesy cheesy

Babe lets forget all dis
Ow are u ?
Ow was ur day?
Re: The Headies 2015 Nominees List. by airmark(m): 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2015
GIYAZZ:
It is very possible the judges judgments can be manipulated. Leave talk! These guys have been disregarding and disrespecting the real emcees in the game. I am very sure some top-notch lyricists brought their materials, but got scrapped out because they've got "no buzz!"

If none of your so-called lyricists complained yet, then your thoughts of judges manipulating anything is meant for trash can. I am not saying favouritism is nt possible but now to magnify it without evidence is unfair to the organizers. Did Pheroshuz, Terry tha rapman, boogey, iceberg slim, get heavy buzz when they were nominated for lyricist on the roll?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Naira Marley X Zlatan - Am I A Yahoo Boy (official Video) / Correction for Lyrics "Chineke n'Igwe Izoputam o" / P-Square "Shekini" Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.