Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Dangote Refinery Test Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Refinery Test Invitation (236030 Views)

Dangote Refinery Test Invite / NBC Aptitude Test Invitation / Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Sunnystooth(m): 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2019
kolidave:
wow, my partner in waiting. How the waiting dey go na.

Do you think the Psychometric and IQ test stage is another (the final) screening stage in the recruitment process or it's just for formality for those that have scaled through the interview already.

Just curious.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Do you think the Psychometric and IQ test stage is another (the final) screening stage in the recruitment process or it's just for formality for those that have scaled through the interview already.

Just curious.

I think it is another screening stage and not just for formality else, what is its use? The IQ/Personality test will test your suitability for job role and work ethics. Anyone that fails to meet their standards will be rejected.

But personally, I think there is a higher chance of being employed if one reaches this stage.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Sunnystooth(m): 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2019
DanXplore:

I think it is another screening stage and not just for formality else, what is its use? The IQ/Personality test will test your suitability for job role and work ethics. Anyone that fails to meet their standards will be rejected.

But personally, I think there is a higher chance of being employed if one reaches this stage.

Yea, I have same thoughts too.

It's just that, the way the HR woman was telling us that we've arrived already and that the selection on who would be called first will just be based on tribes. She was literally telling us that it wasn't another screening stage, but I don't seem to believe her.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Yea, I have same thoughts too.

It's just that, the way the HR woman was telling us that we've arrived already and that the selection on who would be called first will just be based on tribes. She was literally telling us that it wasn't another screening stage, but I don't seem to believe her.

My wish is that we get feedback by october to enable us decide.

If she said the bolded then I think that was somewhat unprofessional of her. She ought to be more discreet

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by BlackHummer(m): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
DanXplore:

If she said the bolded then I think that was somewhat unprofessional of her. She ought to be more discreet

When did you do your psycho please?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Sunnystooth(m): 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2019
DanXplore:

Well, she said that categorically. In her explanation, she stressed that no two people from a particular tribe (say two Ijaw guys) would be selected unless it is evenly spread... Stuff like that.

That seemed to be the only basis of selection she hinted.
She also said that people from the previous recruitments dating back to 2015 would be considered first if they are still available.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
BlackHummer:

When did you do your psycho please?

I did mine on the 16th of July.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 11, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Well, she said that categorically. In her explanation, she stressed that no two people (say two ijaw guys) from a particular tribe would be selected unless it is evenly spread... Stuff like that.

That seemed to be the only basis of selection she hinted.
She also said that people from the previous recruitments dating back to 2015 would be considered first if they are still available.

Oh ok, it is clearer now. Federal Character stuff I guess.Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by kolidave: 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Just curious.
it's all of d above

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Eggovic: 3:19am On Aug 12, 2019
DanXplore:

Oh ok, it is clearer now. Federal Character stuff I guess.Thanks
Does FCC affect private companies too like dangote?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 12, 2019
Eggovic:

Does FCC affect private companies too like dangote?

FCC is usually not binding on private companies except its management adopts it as a policy but, it is usually not made known to the public. Since we were told to state our tribes for the Dangote recruitment, it is very likely that Federal Character is one of their recruitment policies. To me, Dangote is looking at recruiting experts from all states in the federation.This could be a conduit to tap some political points in future. There are also rumours in circulation that the Dangote group has a very strong federal affiliation.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Eggovic: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2019
DanXplore:

FCC is usually not binding in private companies except its management adopts it as a policy but, it is usually not made known to the public. Since we were told to state our tribes for the Dangote recruitment, it is very likely that Federal Character is one of their recruitment policies. To me, Dangote is looking at recruiting experts from all states in the federation.This could be a conduit to tap some political points in future. There are also rumours in circulation that the Dangote group has a very strong federal affiliation .
This right here is so true.
You've been so quiet on the other thread
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Emmanuelv2012: 8:54am On Aug 12, 2019
DanXplore:

So we have to wait till october before they get back to us?? shocked
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Brodu0099: 10:49am On Aug 13, 2019
Emmanuelv2012:

So we have to wait till october before they get back to us?? shocked
It would have been better if it's going to be October but from the looks of things,one year to this time you guys would still be an expectant reason being alot of applicants have waited donkey's years and still unattended to....thus yours won't be an exemption
Except if someone knows someone who knows someone who can ascertain if the refinery is 90% done,then the whole recruitment process will speed up

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 13, 2019
Brodu0099:
It would have been better if it's going to be October but from the looks of things,one year to this time you guys would still be an expectant reason being alot of applicants have waited donkey's years and still unattended to....thus yours won't be an exemption
Except if someone knows someone who knows someone who can ascertain if the refinery is 90% done,then the whole recruitment process will speed up

I agree with this. We should just move on to other things and let invite from Dangote be a surprise.

When I was asked by the interviewers if I had any questions, I asked for the refinery start up date and they all bursted out with laughter. One of them later said only top management is aware of the actual start up, perhaps, a diplomatic way of saying it will take a while. In all honesty, I doubt the refinery will start even in two years time. I saw on the news some weeks back that an ADT was just shipped which suggests that the refinery is still at least 2 years away from start up.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 13, 2019
Eggovic:

This right here is so true.
You've been so quiet on the other thread

I've had to be. Nothing much concerning APL notification in sight except speculations.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Roadeniran(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
You really understand the process.

I agree with this. We should just move on to other things and let invite from Dangote be a surprise.

When I was asked by the interviewers if I had any questions, I asked for the refinery start up date and they all bursted out with laughter. One of them later said only top management is aware of the actual start up, perhaps, a diplomatic way of saying it will take a while. In all honesty, I doubt the refinery will start even in two years time. I saw on the news some weeks back that an ADT was just shipped which suggests that the refinery is still at least 2 years away from start up. [/quote]
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by monkautos(m): 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2019
Well, except if you categorically told the interviewers that you would be working at the refinery.. The fertilizer project is set to commence by at most February 2020 and the recruitment covers both refinery and fertilizer.. By the way many people have also been sent to India and are back here in Nigeria..so let us just wait till October when the next batch is expected to go out of the country. ..
I have friends that was among the February batch and some of them have signed their bond. Let us just see how October will be..it is not a must that people would be recruited exactly when the refinery plant starts.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Femi11cf: 8:15am On Aug 14, 2019
Hello. Please where did you get the information about next batch travelling in October? Is it confirmed?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by monkautos(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2019
Femi11cf:
Hello. Please where did you get the information about next batch travelling in October? Is it confirmed?
What do you want to hear?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Femi11cf: 8:53am On Aug 14, 2019
If the information is from a member of staff or just mere speculation?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by monkautos(m): 9:29am On Aug 14, 2019
Femi11cf:
If the information is from a member of staff or just mere speculation?
It is mere speculation...satisfied?
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Femi11cf: 10:02am On Aug 14, 2019
I'm supposed to be part of the next batch that's why I'm asking for info. I apologise if I've caused any offence with my questions
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Gildazoe: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2019
Hi Femi, did you sign the Bond Form and fill the Visa Application Form that was sent in May this year?

Femi11cf:
I'm supposed to be part of the next batch that's why I'm asking for info. I apologise if I've caused any offence with my questions
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Femi11cf: 10:41am On Aug 14, 2019
Yes I did. Recieved those forms in May and had my medical since February.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Gildazoe: 11:03am On Aug 14, 2019
Femi11cf:
Yes I did. Recieved those forms in May and had my medical since February.

We on the same boat then...
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Samhyme: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2019
There are many people who did medicals in February and are still waiting for visa and bond mail also. Some have gotten while others are waiting...So there are many people who are on ground waiting for oversea training.... The recruitment process is very slow.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Sunnystooth(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2019
Samhyme:
There are many people who did medicals in February and are still waiting for visa and bond mail also. Some have gotten while others are waiting...So there are many people who are on ground waiting for oversea training.... The recruitment process is very slow.
Still wondering why they had to recruit others just last month in order for them to join the seemingly endless waiting list.

Na wa oh.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by kolidave: 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2019
Samhyme:
na wa ooo. Please if i may ask, when did this people/set do their own psychometric test.
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by Samhyme: 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2019
kolidave:
na wa ooo. Please if i may ask, when did this people/set do their own psychometric test.
Last year July
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by kolidave: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2019
Samhyme:
Last year July
wooow
Re: Dangote Refinery Test Invitation by 2nioshine(m): 9:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
Femi11cf:

Even after your Visa interview at the embassy(which i doubt if you guys have done) you may still have to wait for a month or more for your visa to be processed and inbetween you will be invited for an induction and probably site visit before travel( It is not a one month thing)....so you shouldn't get tensed when speculations are made...
Provided you have done your medicals, the chances of not getting a first hand information is really slim except the medicals isn't successful which is rare.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (59) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Interview 2016 / ICPC Recruitment Online Test / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.