Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

Strictly For Great Ife - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strictly For Great Ife (12495 Views)

Great Ife Alumni And Undergraduate Hook Up Joint. / Celebrating Great Ife @ 50 / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Great Ife by spikedcylinder: 8:03am On Apr 29, 2009
Olomola taught you 305 abi? It was Olagunju that taught us. Good teacher but stingy with marks. I got 59C. He taught us 318 as well and gave me 68B. I nearly killed myself/him, depending on my mood. angry cheesy
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Jarus(m): 9:52am On Apr 29, 2009
Hey Great Ife,
Part 1 is just too easy to build GP, but you need to sustain it in subsequent levels, else what you built in part 1 will collapse, especially in part 3. I had a friend that finished part 1 with 4.9 but still did not make First class. So, while it is easy to build GP in part 1, it is equally easy to watch it scatter, especially when you begin departmental courses. Part 4 is also not that difficult, only that it may be too late to make any serious effect then. I had my best result in First semester part 4, did the highest number of courses in class, voluntarily chose two extra electives to make my courses 7 instead of 5, and blasted A in all. But the next and final semester was my worst. I had calculated my GP and I knew I can't drop below 4.5 even if I had D in all my courses. At the same time I knew If I had A in all my courses, I can't win the Faculty Prize.Two hot guys were far ahead of me and I knew they wont drop. So there was nothing to motivate me to be serious. I became very unserious. I will not wake up until 9 am, missed all 7 & 8 o'clock classes. Never showed up in ECN 422 class(operatns research) up to 4 times because it was fixed for 8 am. I was also SIFE President then and Coordinator of Faculty of Social Sciences Muslim Students, in addition to many other extra-curricular activities. Taking SSC 106 tutorials in Mosque, from Faj to Awo, training those part 1 students. I practically abandoned my class works. Hardly attended lectures. Not unexpectedly, I had the worst result in my 8 semesters in Ife that final semester(2As, 1B, 1C and 1D GP: 3.86). It drastically ate my CGPA to a little below 4.6. But I'm somehow regretting it today. I fell drastically in Class ranking. People that had always trailed me eventually finished with higher CGPA. And that was the final semester, no time to reclaim my spot in Top 5, as I always did anytime I fumbled in one semester. It pains me today seeing 5 after point in my CGPA, as it never appeared in my CGPA from part 1 to 4. But all the same, I thank God.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Jarus(m): 9:57am On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Olomola taught you 305 abi? It was Olagunju that taught us. Good teacher but stingy with marks. I got 59C. He taught us 318 as well and gave me 68B. I nearly killed myself/him, depending on my mood. angry cheesy
Olagunju taught me 305 & 306. They were one of my best courses. What I saw about those courses, and maybe any other course Olagunju takes, is that you have to be analytical and write plenty Oyinbo.I observed this during his lectures, and prepared for him. So I wrote my ass off in those two exams. Scored 72A(highest was 73) in 305 and 76A in 306(highest was 80A).
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by spikedcylinder: 11:25am On Apr 29, 2009
Olagunju is stingy with marks jare. How many English does one want to write that I couldn't have written? I like the man sha, very principled and he's not as useless as the rest of them eco new comers - Experience, Ayeni, Shuaib.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Jarus(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder:

[color=#000099]Olagunju is stingy with marks jare. How many English does one want to write that I couldn't have written?
There is no denying this. But I still believe A is 'haveable' with him.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by No2Atheism(m): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2009
spikedcylinder , its a lie, don't tell me you also attended Great Ife , grin , for which any other one is a counterfeit.

Okay, now i know you are a Nigerian dating a Nigerian grin , cus only a Nigerian can survive in that school,
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by No2Atheism(m): 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2009
Ife na wa o.

Also had 5 points a couple of times over the duration of my 5-years course, nevertheless I have to say that I was lucky and fortunate enough to still finish with something sha, despite all the drama in between.

For sure, my 300-level was seriously wowo, i got so mad one day i decided not to even bother to study for a particular departmental exam, i escaped with a C in that particular course grin.

That campus na fire, some lecturers are mostly interested in their Ego more than actually teaching and lecturing the students to make them understand, and pass with flying colours.

Seun Osewa (Nairaland Owner) was also a bad-ass student while he was in Great Ife,
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Jarus(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2009
@No2atheism
So u're also a Great Ife. Good knowing prominent Nlders are Great Ife. The King of NL himself matriculated as Ife student. Dayokanu,Eastbay(?) and some other folk in sports section are also Great Ife. I can remember one sports thread suddenly turning into Great Ife discussions.

When did u graduate? Were you Seun's mate?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by pongwa(m): 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2009
nisot, mi studyin geology i guess niyi09 is in law dept. i quite agree wit you fellas part 1 is the best tyme to build ones gp, it is a kind of foundation when building a house and the house will only stand only when the foundation is okay. why the postponement of resumption date is it cuz of the water project?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by No2Atheism(m): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2009
Jarus:

@No2atheism
So u're also a Great Ife. Good knowing prominent Nlders are Great Ife. The King of NL himself matriculated as Ife student. Dayokanu,Eastbay(?) and some other folk in sports section are also Great Ife. I can remember one sports thread suddenly turning into Great Ife discussions.

When did u graduate? Were you Seun's mate?

Yep i was Seun's Mate - same class, same course and sligthly similar introverted nature, "crazy men flock together grin grin grin"

Finished in 2004,
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2009
pongwa:

nisot, mi studyin geology i guess niyi09 is in law dept. i quite agree wit you fellas part 1 is the best tyme to build ones gp, it is a kind of foundation when building a house and the house will only stand only when the foundation is okay. why the postponement of resumption date is it cuz of the water project?
      nah!Niyi is in my faculty(admin) so if he's not in mac then he's either in inter-rel or public-admin.i think the postponement is as a result of some renovations going on in the halls of residence.

@jarus,so what are you doing now?working?ph.d?and to the other big brothers and sisters?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by tkb417(m): 4:48pm On Apr 30, 2009
Spikey
if u see the plenty Oyinbo i wrote in 305, u will think i was writing a research.
But the man messed me up. I got 60B in 306 also and these were the courses i felt i read the most cos they were very very interesting.
ECN 313 was another rubbish course. i no kno wetin carry me go there o.

nah!Niyi is in my faculty(admin) so if he's not in mac then he's either in inter-rel or public-admin.i think the postponement is as a result of some renovations going on in the halls of residence.

@jarus,so what are you doing now?working?ph.d?and to the other big brothers and sisters?
we are working na.
we don read book. na the time to dey enjoy be this.
im an investment/financial analyst in one coy like that.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Jarus(m): 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2009
nisot23:

Aburo, na money I dey find now o. I don read tire 4 Ife. grin Plan to do Masters in UK in nearest future though. I'm an Accountant in an oil company as I'm writing now. Had a brief stint with an investment banking institution prior to joining this coy.

tkb417:

Spikey
ECN 313 was another rubbish course. i no kno wetin carry me go there o.
ECN 313? Is that not Econometrics & Research Methodology? Ben taught us. I had 63B. Too dry and abstract a course.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by tkb417(m): 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2009
ECN 313? Is that not Econometrics & Research Methodology? Ben taught us. I had 63B. Too dry and abstract a course.

yeah. Dr. Bens course
i got a C. i think 56
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 9:21am On May 01, 2009
To all the big brothers and sisters,i say happy workers' day!i pray that today,God speaks into the hearts of your employers and they favour you always and that He speaks into your hearts too so that you all become better if not the best in what you do.enjoy your day cos you deserve it.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by raregem004: 1:52pm On May 01, 2009
I want to enter ife oooo.I have bin trying to enter Great Ife for a long time now.Can sum1 here link me up?I scored 265-Psychology,in the last jamb, i nid post jamb past qestions?When is the post jamb?Pls lemme know 07030079719 falorepaul1@yahoo.com
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 9:21pm On May 01, 2009
raregem004:

I want to enter ife oooo.I have bin trying to enter Great Ife for a long time now.Can sum1 here link me up?I scored 265-Psychology,in the last jamb, i nid post jamb past qestions?When is the post jamb?Pls lemme know 07030079719 falorepaul1@yahoo.com
You can get post ume past questions in O.A.U and i think your score is high enough for that course but you need to score equally high in the post ume and of course you need to ask for God's favour 2.i wish you all the best and of course to see in Africa's most beautiful campus next harmattan semester.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by biina: 3:59am On May 02, 2009
Riddle: What goes down, and never comes up?
Ans: GPA
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by zub(m): 7:24am On May 02, 2009
hi guys,im zubbie,dept of archy OAU.im new here,just wanna make new friends.hope u are all enjoying your breaks.when is the actual resumption date?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 12:25pm On May 02, 2009
@ZUB
RESUMPTION DATE IS MAY 17TH.
Glad to have you join the thread and hope you are enjoying your break too
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 8:05pm On May 05, 2009
Hi guys.registration 4 rain semester has started.i tried to fill my course form but there seems to be a problem with phl 104(there is no course title) and its supposed to be a core course.should i just wait for sometime or what?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by raregem004: 8:55am On May 06, 2009
nisot23:

You can get post ume past questions in O.A.U and i think your score is high enough for that course but you need to score equally high in the post ume and of course you need to ask for God's favour 2.i wish you all the best and of course to see in Africa's most beautiful campus next harmattan semester.

You have gotten my number,can you flash me?i would call you back
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 9:44am On May 06, 2009
@nisot23
Wasup
Over efficiency,you have even tried registering anyway about the blank course title,its a fault from the philosophy department,its due to the fact that they did not send there course title to the people at computer centre,Just chill or register for it like that,It happened to one of my courses last semester,we had to use our hand to write the title on the course form
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 11:24am On May 06, 2009
niyi09:

@nisot23
Wasup
Over efficiency,you have even tried registering anyway about the blank course title,its a fault from the philosophy department,its due to the fact that they did not send there course title to the people at computer centre,Just chill or register for it like that,It happened to one of my courses last semester,we had to use our hand to write the title on the course form
am good.so u mean i should go ahead and submit the form without it because there is no way to click/select it without the course title.i want to fill the form quickly cos of those special electives.i want to offer the really easy ones like see,seh.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 1:47pm On May 06, 2009
@nisot23
Just register for your elective and submit,leave phil 101 alone,since it is a core course,it is not going to close,
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 8:07pm On May 06, 2009
@Niyi09 thanks,i already did it.am sure by now,you are no longer offering electives thats why you can take all the time you want 4 the registration.
zub:

hi guys,im zubbie,dept of archy OAU.im new here,just wanna make new friends.hope u are all enjoying your breaks.when is the actual resumption date?
I welcome you on behalf of the part 1 nairalanders.hope you're enjoying the break 2.what part are you in by the way?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by zub(m): 1:30am On May 08, 2009
thanks nisot,its great to have someone like you reply my msg.how u doin? hope to meet u someday in school.by the way where do u stay in lag? talk to u latwr. cacha
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by zub(m): 1:38am On May 08, 2009
sorry nisot,forgot to tell u im in part 2.direct entry.hope to hear from u soon.what dept are u?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 8:09am On May 08, 2009
you are welcome.just doing my job you know.am in management and accounting.Great Nuasa!!!!!.we will have an O.A.U nairalanders' get-together in school when we resume so watch out 4 it and i hope you've done your registration?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by zub(m): 8:59am On May 08, 2009
wow! that would be great.hope u would let me know.my mobile is 08029850977. if u are on IM my id is zubbie04@yahoo.com.thanks very much.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 12:50pm On May 08, 2009
@nisot
i am still offering electives, i have already completed the requirement but just to be sure,u know how things are in O A U.How r u preparing for resumption,i trust you would have started packing your loads,,,,,,,,,
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 8:51pm On May 08, 2009
niyi09:

@nisot
i am still offering electives, i have already completed the requirement but just to be sure,u know how things are in O A U.How r u preparing for resumption,i trust you would have started packing your loads,,,,,,,,,
Yeah, i think i understand you even i am doing the same and i still will continue 2.i can't believe resumption is next week.1 month,gone so fast.anywho,am ready to go back or maybe not undecided but i haven't packed any bags yet.i like 2 do that at the last minute grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Know If You Are Qualified For JAMB Mock Exam, 2018 / Nabteb Result Out? / Pics From YOA Annual Mathematics Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.