Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Strictly For Great Ife - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strictly For Great Ife (12301 Views)

Great Ife Alumni And Undergraduate Hook Up Joint. / Celebrating Great Ife @ 50 / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Great Ife by pongwa(m): 5:28pm On May 09, 2009
hello great ife students, some1 asked me couple of days ago why i think ife is great, but he wasn't jst satisfied. i am throwing out to u all, pls help me convince him abeg. b4 i resume to school, thankx
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 9:15pm On May 09, 2009
pongwa:

hello great ife students, some1 asked me couple of days ago why i think ife is great, but he wasn't jst satisfied. i am throwing out to u all, pls help me convince him abeg. b4 i resume to school, thankx
If the following do not convince him,
  1)we pay the most affordable amount as school fees and accomodation fees.       
  2)The quality of O.A.U graduates.
  3)It is 1 of the few schools in our country where admission is still largely dependent on merit(my story is all the evidence any1 needs).
  4)O.A.U campus is relatively peaceful(you can sleep at nights with your doors wide open).
  5)There is constant and i mean CONSTANT supply of electricity.
  6)Then you can talk of our breath-taking buildings.You will never find buildings that look like them anywhere else.
So, like i said earlier,if these do not convince him,leave him alone to continue to deceive himself that O.A.U is not great.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by raregem004: 1:52am On May 10, 2009
How much exactly is O.A.U fees

I must go to oau oooo .Oh God pls help me . . .
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 9:22am On May 11, 2009
@nisot23
Thanks for the answer,You are representing us well here and we might soon promote you or give you additional duities, How does being Chairman Orientation committee sound?? grin grin.
I guess ur user name nisot is just the reverse of ur name Tosin, was wondering how u got it b4 cool cool cool cool.Do you use messenger?would add ur email addy
@raregem004
For psychology ( Faculty of Social sciences) you would be paying 5400 as from part 2-4 but in part 1 ,you would pay around 10,000(Due to all the miscellaneous charges)
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 11:13am On May 11, 2009
@ niyi09
whats your email address?how about being mummy moz of O.A.U nairalanders 2? grin
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by pongwa(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2009
bravo, i feel proud to be associated with Great Ife, i think that shld be enough to settle his grudges. nisot/tosin u need to be given a post on this thread u know?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 9:45pm On May 13, 2009
pongwa:

bravo, i feel proud to be associated with Great Ife, i think that shld be enough to settle his grudges. nisot/tosin u need to be given a post on this thread u know?
on this thread ke,abi on nairaland.its like u dont know i already am part 1 students' chairlady grin.anywho,i hope u are ready 2 go back 2 ife on the 17th or u are 1 of those who wont go on that day?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Nobody: 9:42am On May 14, 2009
Hmmm! i'm luvin every posts here,im proud of u guyz,i fil lyke being one of U,by d special grace of God,i believe i'll soon b part of u, lol,@ bros.niyi,nisot,zubbie,i really need u guyz 2 hlp me,i mean connect me,i don't want ds yr 2 pass me by,i'm tired nd sick of staying home,I graduated 4rm D fedpoly ede last yr as an OND HOLDER,studied Archictecture,graduated wt an Upper credit, what else do i need,guyz hlp meeeeeeeeeeeee, I wanna be lyk U,like ma fellow architect in struggle,zubbie,lukin 4wd 2 ur humble replies, tnx
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 9:35pm On May 14, 2009
jimmy4x:

Hmmm! i'm luvin every posts here,im proud of u guyz,i fil lyke being one of U,by d special grace of God,i believe i'll soon b part of u, lol,@ bros.niyi,nisot,zubbie,i really need u guyz 2 hlp me,i mean connect me,i don't want ds yr 2 pass me by,i'm tired nd sick of staying home,I graduated 4rm D fedpoly ede last yr as an OND HOLDER,studied Archictecture,graduated wt an Upper credit, what else do i need,guyz hlp meeeeeeeeeeeee, I wanna be lyk U,like ma fellow architect in struggle,zubbie,lukin 4wd 2 ur humble replies, tnx
i'll be praying 4 you.think that's all you need now.u should also try to add fasting to your own prayers.believe me,its all you need.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 14, 2009
@nisot,pray 4 me o,a beg,tnx 4 d insight on fasting,i rily appreciate it,tnx 2 u!
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 8:25am On May 15, 2009
i heard resumption is no longer 17th,is this true? shocked.it shouldnt be o.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 9:11am On May 15, 2009
Resumption is still 17th.There is no change in resumption date
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by trakos(m): 4:10pm On May 15, 2009
@ all GREAT IFE STUDENTS
can you please give some of us some information about how GREAT OAU admits student through DIRECT ENTRY.I 'll soon be through with my ND programme from FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ILARO and 'm very sure the result will come out before october 2009.'m currently in ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING department and i wish to apply to the same department in ur great citadel of learning.i want to know how much the school admits student into 200L.to God be the glory 'm currently in DISTINCTION but i dont know if the school usually consider grades in '0' level results.
i believe with all you have done to the intending students of OAU,you are the best in the position to open my mind to some truth.
you are indeed rare GEMS to this generation
looking forward to hearing from you in due course
Yours,
OLASUNKANMI(aka Ollywise)
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by spikedcylinder: 5:16pm On May 15, 2009
Spikey
if u see the plenty Oyinbo i wrote in 305, u will think i was writing a research.
But the man messed me up. I got 60B in 306 also and these were the courses i felt i read the most cos they were very very interesting.
ECN 313 was another rubbish course. i no kno wetin carry me go there o.

The man no dey look face o. Throughout my time with him, only one person had an A. Our madam try sha. wink
Ben taught us 313 and 205. The man na winch. grin
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by zub(m): 5:56pm On May 15, 2009
hi jimm,im realy happy 4u.atleast u not letting all those runs 2get into your head.well,since u are in upper credit,all u need is to obtain ur De form and choose OAU both 1st and 2nd choice.and plz start processing ur TRANSCRIPT as fast as possible,cos wil determine if ur application wil b concidared.and dont 4get to put it in prayers.GOd help u.feel free to ask whatever u want to know.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 15, 2009
@zub,tnx so much,im so happy,but i wanna no maybe u could link me up wd sb or what's ur tk on ds,I nd ur advice buddy
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 15, 2009
Oh! Lest I 4get,is it advisabl dt,one shld obtain more dn one DE form? as in,i'm considering applying in2 LAUTECH,dts what I came up wt,ur pieces of advice are welcome, but i luv GREAT IFE more, lol
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 8:00pm On May 16, 2009
Here's wishing y'all a beautiful 2008/2009 rain semester.Am going 2 miss NL while in school.I hope that this semester,there won't be water wahala or any form of aluta.And 2 all intending Great Ife students(DE,post-ume),i wish you all the best and i'll be praying 4 y'all.I have decided 2 add 1 more day 2 my own holiday so we'll see on Monday.2 the present students,remember am your mummy moz so if there's anything you need in school like foodstuffs and provisions,don't hesitate 2 come look 4 me in moz.Just tell the porters that you're looking 4 your mummy moz and they'll direct you 2 my room grin.I wish you journey mercies as you go 2 school and be good.Luv y'all kissciao!
N.B:i havent 4gotten the O.A.U nairalanders get 2gether.its coming soon o!4 enquiries,contact me in my room.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Remii(m): 8:14pm On May 16, 2009
Great Ife:

St Lafun (white amala) still dey Old Buka?

FST still dey sell bread?

Moza girls still dey pass Awo Hall go church every Sunday? and "Awo boys" still dey shout Cocaine on them?

Enjoy ooohhh!
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by muyeskin(m): 8:30pm On May 17, 2009
Well i will love to say HI to all great IFE students. Im OXYGEN representing faculty of science (NASS). I will want to inform all students not to be carried away with activities cos this semester is loaded. I mean a semester filled with so many palavas. Just understand yourself and i blive u'll make it. Hope to meet some of you some day. Take care
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 9:46pm On May 17, 2009
hey Oxygen.how are you?I might not have met other nairalanders before but i have met you.you probably dont remember sef and i see you every other day in school but dont worry,next time i see you,ill introduce myself.have a great semester.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 10:17am On May 18, 2009
@remii
Fst still dey sell bread and white amala still full old buka and for Awo boys and Moz girls dat one na another story( ARo still full ground)
@nisot23
Thank God for a wonderful mummy we now have in Moz,
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 10:20am On May 18, 2009
Its like ASSU has started a 2-week strike
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by OLAMIND1(m): 5:56pm On May 19, 2009
emh! pls can i join? wink
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by laplace(m): 6:13pm On May 19, 2009
I get excited each time I hook up with OAU peeps; guyz and gals.  I studied Mathematics and graduated with First Class  cool (4.76/5.00).  It was a very big challenge, but I thank God for seeing me through.  OAU really and properly prepared me for life after school.  I remember the Great Tsunami(2004/2005).  We had some of the most annoying results that semester.  Imagine.  Only one student had an A in MTH 201, a 200-level course taken by all Tech and Physical Science students.  I had my best results that semester.  I took 9 courses and clinched 9 As.  Beautiful!  I remeber young and daring lecturers such as Layeni, Ilori, etc. and old but brilliant professors such as Obilade, Aregbesola, etc.  I combined a lot of stuffs with academics and it paid off.  I had private and general tutorials and took some fellowship tutorials.  

Just as Jaru noted, the law of diminishing return sets in most people's penultimate or final year.  You need to be prepared for this.  I encouraged myself never to drop below the top shot in my department and it happened.  I took more courses that all my colleagues.  In our final semester, I took 8 insted of 5 courses  and some were very challenging.  I took about 8 more courses than the average student in my class.  I was also the president of my departmental association, and I engaged in some faculty politics and fellowship work.  I was also a member of Junior Chamber International, (JAYCEES).  I mean, the list goes on.  It was much fun and loads of responsibilities.

Now, I work as Customer Business Development Manager of a multinational, and the 'dough' comes in consistently.  Wetin man go do now?  After all the jacking, man must chop now.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Great Ife by hoeyeadoe: 7:35pm On May 19, 2009
na wa ooo laplace, let us be quiet abt our own engagements, We thk God 4 yu in any case.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by nisot23(f): 9:52am On May 23, 2009
i cant believe this ASUU strike.and 2 think i actually came 2 school when the strike was already on.
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by zub(m): 2:30pm On May 23, 2009
hi guys,how u doing, me im still in sch,dont know what u guys are upto, what really missing u guys.piss outttt, cheesy
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by niyi09(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2009
School is so boring and what's upwith the electricity?
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 24, 2009
Happy resumptn 2 u my peeps,any news on DIRECT ENTRY? kindly fill me in pls!
Re: Strictly For Great Ife by phartye(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2009
Hi guys,, Happy to be back on the forum, bros niyi09 how far now, how are you guys enjoying the resumption?, Sorry I mean the STRIKE?
@jimmy4x I am a part 2 architecture atudent here in OAU, and would luv to help you with infos u might need, Take care guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG / Uniuyo Result Out! Check Yours Now And Lets Us Comment Here / ABSU Senate Gave Students Two Weeks Break To Go Home And Get There School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.