Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Proof Of The Existence Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof Of The Existence Of God (2207 Views)

Absolute Proof Of God's Existence / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers / Atheists: Empirical Reasoning For The Existence Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof Of The Existence Of God by Ascony(m): 10:31am On Apr 20, 2009
This is so simple. It's been right under our noses all the time: a test for the existence of God.

I'm going to do this experiment, and I suggest that EVERYBODY do it, atheists, agnostics, Christians, muslims: Talk to God and tell him that if he can do anything - create the world in six days, kill his own son for the sins of the world, set the galaxies in motion - then surely he can appear in your living room for five minutes so that you can chat with him.

What a small thing for the God of the universe to do!!! Nothing is too hard for him (Jeremiah 32:27); with God all things are possible (Matt. 19:16). And we're not even asking him for a miracle. We just want him to spend five minutes with us IN PERSON. If he really loves us so much (John 3:16), he should be willing to spend some time with us.

Please try this in your own home, and let me know the results

NB: This is not to mock God or tempt him or anything like it; I figured out that this would be one of the simplest ways for him to prove his existence to we unbelievers. If this works, I assure you that there won’t be a single unbeliever left in this world because this would be a proof beyond reasonable doubts.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by Recognise: 10:54am On Apr 20, 2009
@^

Stop butchering the Bible with your myopic scripture references/quotes

Just because one haven’t seen the ocean(s) doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t exist

Haven’t one tasted salt in food?

God is ever here

Use the time for the test to do something else worthwhile.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2009
Ascony:

This is so simple. It's been right under our noses all the time: a test for the existence of God.

I'm going to do this experiment, and I suggest that EVERYBODY do it, atheists, agnostics, Christians, muslims: Talk to God and tell him that if he can do anything - create the world in six days, kill his own son for the sins of the world, set the galaxies in motion - then surely he can appear in your living room for five minutes so that you can chat with him.

What a small thing for the God of the universe to do!!! Nothing is too hard for him (Jeremiah 32:27); with God all things are possible (Matt. 19:16). And we're not even asking him for a miracle. We just want him to spend five minutes with us IN PERSON. If he really loves us so much (John 3:16), he should be willing to spend some time with us.

Please try this in your own home, and let me know the results

NB: This is not to mock God or tempt him or anything like it; I figured out that this would be one of the simplest ways for him to prove his existence to we unbelievers. If this works, I assure you that there won’t be a single unbeliever left in this world because this would be a proof beyond reasonable doubts.

Let me save your five minutes and solve your misery. "If there were no God there will be no atheists" said a philosopher. Do you believe that you exist? if yes then God exists but if no then God does not exist. QED.

If God snuffs the air that you breath out of you for just five minutes you will then know that God exists in time and in eternity but it will be too late to make amends because you will be facing a fearful Judge and you will not be able to come back to tell the story.

On a serious note, Jesus gave you a challenge in John 7:17 when He said "If any man will do His will he shall know the doctrine, whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself." That's His challenge. Take Him at His Word and see what happens. God will reveal Himself to you as a response to obedience. The divine revelations of God always follow obedience to His Word, they do not precede it. Take the gospel truth you have , obey it, and God will give you more truth, that is the way of God. What is this truth? He said "He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him." (John 14:21).
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by Tonyet1(m): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2009
@poster,

God does not respond to fools

i wish you'll understand this!

He has appeared to me several times but in my love of Him and Obedience
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by mazaje(m): 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Let me save your five minutes and solve your misery.  "If there were no God there will be no atheists" said a philosopher.  Do you believe that you exist? if yes then God exists but if no then God does not exist. QED.

if there was no allah there will be no christians. . . . do you believe that you exist? if yes then allah exist but if no then allah does not exist. . . .

If God snuffs the air that you breath out of you for just five minutes you will then know that God exists in time and in eternity but it will be too late to make
amends because you will be facing a fearful Judge and you will not be able to come back to tell the story.

you first of all have to prove that your god exist first and stop presupposing. . .

On a serious note, Jesus gave you a challenge in John 7:17 when He said "If any man will do His will he shall know the doctrine, whether it be of God or whether I speak of myself."  That's His challenge.  Take Him at His Word and see what happens.  God will reveal Himself to you as a response to obedience.  The divine revelations of God always follow obedience to His Word, they do not precede it.  Take the gospel truth you have , obey it, and God will give you more truth, that is the way of God.  What is this truth?  He said "He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him." (John 14:21).

what are the divine revalations that you are talking about? so many christians all believe but why does god "reveal" himself to them in way that can not be reconciled? why are the messages or revelations very different? the pope as i know is an obedient believer so also is pastor enoch adeboye, why are the recieving different revelations? is it the same god that reveals himself to pastor matthew ashimolowo that reveals himself to pastor kumuyi of the deeper life church? if it is then why are their beliefs and "revelations" very very different? i was once an ardent christians and i prayed to god to reveal himself to me in person but nothing happneed, and i know that there are millions that have prayed that way before. . . . i truly believed and kept the commandements . . . if i wasn't a believer then nobody is. . . . .

tonye-t:

@poster,

where and when did god appear to you? what was he wearing and what language did he speak? if god can appear to you then why can't he appear to lets say the RCCG camp ground so that belivers there can see him(why is god always a he?)  record it in their phones and show the world that he exist? why is god always hiding like a rat? what about moslems that say that allah appears to them? why are they wrong? deluded freaks. . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by manmustwac(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Let me save your five minutes and solve your misery. "If there were no God there will be no atheists" said a philosopher. Do you believe that you exist? if yes then God exists but if no then God does not exist. QED.
If houses didn't catch fire then there would be no fire engines, if people never got ill, there would be no doctors, likewise if people like OLAADEGBU didn't believe in imaginary gods there won't be any atheists. You see QED grin

tonye-t:

@poster,

So why didn't u take his picture with your camera phone and why is it that he only appears to individuals why dose he never appear to the masses?
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2009
mazaje:

if there was no allah there will be no christians. . . . do you believe that you exist? if yes then allah exist but if no then allah does not exist. . . .

If by saying allah you mean the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob then you must believe that not only does He exist but  He Himself is existence.  But if by allah you mean one of the 360 gods of the Arabians that  the Sabians worshipped who had three daughters, then you are referring to a creation of the Creator God, camouflaging as the true God.

mazaje:

what are the divine revalations that you are talking about? so many christians all believe but why does god "reveal" himself to them in way that can not be reconciled? why are the messages or revelations very different? the pope as i know is an obedient believer so also is pastor enoch adeboye, why are the recieving different revelations? is it the same god that reveals himself to pastor matthew ashimolowo that reveals himself to pastor kumuyi of the deeper life church? if it is then why are their beliefs and "revelations" very very different?

God deals with us on an individual personal basis, the Bible says "without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."  If you really want God to reveal Himself to you there is a condition that you have to fulfil, and this is to be sincerely and diligently seek for Him in faith, He also is seeking for you and when the seeker meets the finder you will eventually have an encounter with Him and know Him as your Saviour and Lord as you submit your will to Him.  Jesus promised that: "He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him." (John 14:21).

So if you diligently and sincerely seek Him you will definitely find Him, the ball is in your court it depends in the way you play it.

mazaje:

i was once an ardent christians and i prayed to god to reveal himself to me in person but nothing happneed, and i know that there are millions that have prayed that way before. . . . i truly believed and kept the commandements . . . if i wasn't a believer then nobody is. . . . .

By saying that you were an ardent Christian do you mean that you once knew the Lord? or that you were just a Christian by name only since a lot of people find it difficult to differentiate between a religious person and a righteous person.  For you to be an ardent Christian Christ must have been revealed to you one way or another, you cannot be a Christian and not have an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ, i.e. by repenting of your sins and surrendering your will to the Lordship of our Lord Jesus Christ and living an obedient life.  All that is required of you is to acknowledge your sinfulness, that is, the human depravity in us and then repenting from them by confessing and forsaking them and then believing in the power of the PRECIOUS blood of Jesus Christ to forgive and cleanse you from your sins at this juncture the Holy Spirit will not only impute but impart His righteousness in you to live a righteous and holy life as you continue in obedience to His Word.  It is only after obedience that the works of righteousness can then follow by His grace.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2009
manmustwac:

If houses didn't catch fire then there would be no fire engines, if people never got ill, there would be no doctors, likewise if people like OLAADEGBU didn't believe in imaginary gods there won't be any atheists. You see QED grin

It was G.K. Chesterton who rightly stated, "If there were no God, there would be no atheists." A thinking person will tell you that it's impossible to prove that God doesn't exist.  Before someone can say, "There is no God," he or she needs to have all knowledge — because somewhere in the universe there may be evidence that God does exist.  And there is, right under our noses.  A building is proof there was a builder.  A painting is proof there was a painter, and creation is absolute proof that there was and is a Creator.  The question is, are you good enough to go to Heaven?  Here's how to know: 
Have you ever lied (even once) or stolen (regardless of value)?
Have you ever used God's name in vain, or
had sexual thoughts about someone to whom you are not married?
Have you ever hated someone?

If you said yes to those questions, on Judgment Day God will see you as a lying thief, a blasphemer, an adulterer, and even a murderer.  Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart," and Scripture also says that if you hate someone, you are a murderer.  This is the Bible's warning — if God gives you justice on Judgment Day, you will end up in Hell.  Forever.  Not believing in something won't make it go away.  You need to be forgiven before that day, and because God is rich in mercy He made a way for you to be clean in His sight: "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Jesus suffered and died on the cross, taking the punishment for your sins.  He paid your fine in His life's blood, so that you could leave the courtroom.  Then He rose from the dead and defeated death.  Your death sentence can be commuted.  Please, come to your senses— repent and trust in Jesus, and God will forgive you and grant you eternal life.  Pray something like: "Dear God, please forgive my sins (name them). I turn from them and trust Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. In His name I pray.  Amen."  Then read the Bible daily and obey what you read (see John 14:21).  Now go to www.livingwaters.com and click on "Save Yourself Some Pain."
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by mazaje(m): 9:09pm On Apr 21, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

It was G.K. Chesterton who rightly stated, "If there were no God, there would be no atheists." A thinking person will tell you that it's impossible to prove that God doesn't exist.  Before someone can say, "There is no God," he or she needs to have all knowledge — because somewhere in the universe there may be evidence that God does exist.  And there is, right under our noses.  A building is proof there was a builder.  A painting is proof there was a painter, and creation is absolute proof that there was and is a Creator.  The question is, are you good enough to go to Heaven? 

what is this? grin shocked is this your evidence that your god exist? some scientist have being able to provided evidence for the existence of the earth wHave you ever used God's name in vain, or
had sexual thoughts about sithout the need of any good. . . .and by the way what makes you think that the universe behaves like the earth?

Here's how to know: 
Have you ever lied (even once) or stolen (regardless of value)?
omeone to whom you are not married?
Have you ever hated someone?

what is this? do you know that the god you advocate has commanded people to do all this things? he even confessed that he is evil and has done evil. . .

"Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, to whom you sent me to offer your prayer: If you remain quietly in this land I will build you up, and not tear you down; I will plant you, not uproot you; for I regret the evil I have done you."(Jeremiah 42:9-10) KJV .

here you have the god you espouse concedeing that he has done evil, why should people believe a deity that wants them to be good even he himself is not good? if your god exist how do we know that he is not evil because you say so? the bible says other wise. . . . .

If you said yes to those questions, on Judgment Day God will see you as a[b] lying thief, a blasphemer, an adulterer, and even a murderer[/b].

the bible god commanded people to do all this things, go read the old testament, he commanded people to kill, steal, rape and tell lies all to the glory of his name. . . . so what is this you are saying?

Jesus said, "Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart," and Scripture also says that if you hate someone, you are a murderer.  This is the Bible's warning — if God gives you justice on Judgment Day, you will end up in Hell.  Forever.  Not believing in something won't make it go away.  You need to be forgiven before that day, and because God is rich in mercy He made a way for you to be clean in His sight: "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Jesus suffered and died on the cross, taking the punishment for your sins.  He paid your fine in His life's blood, so that you could leave the courtroom.  Then He rose from the dead and defeated death.  Your death sentence can be commuted.  Please, come to your senses— repent and trust in Jesus, and God will forgive you and grant you eternal life.  Pray something like: "Dear God, please forgive my sins (name them). I turn from them and trust Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour. In His name I pray.  Amen."  Then read the Bible daily and obey what you read (see John 14:21).  Now go to www.livingwaters.com and click on "Save Yourself Some Pain."

is this your evidence that your god exist? are this assertions based on your faith or what?  grin grin grin
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by Frizy(m): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2009
I thought this would be another Descartes' Philosophy?
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by bawomolo(m): 1:24am On Apr 22, 2009

no offense but can you describe your encounters with God. I need some pointers incase i come across him/her/it
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by Bastage: 11:48am On Apr 22, 2009
I figured out that this would be one of the simplest ways for him to prove his existence to we unbelievers. If this works, I assure you that there won’t be a single unbeliever left in this world because this would be a proof beyond reasonable doubts.

OK Ascony. I tried your suggestion and it worked - God appeared to me.

Now, are you going to convert as you say you will? No?
Then that makes you a liar as well as an idiot doesn't it?
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2009
manmustwac:

If God didn't exist, the atheists wouldn't have something to believe in. QED tongue
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by dejiariyo: 2:56pm On Apr 22, 2009
tonye-t:

@poster,

who created fools? why wont God respond to his creations?
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by Ascony(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
"If there were no God there will be no atheists" said a philosopher.

on the contrary, the reverse is the case; if there is a God there would be no atheists. If God exists, who the hell am i to doubt his existence? If he really exists, he will show himself to all man in a way thats beyond reasonable doubts.

@poster,

if ur God truly exists, then the best he can do for me now is to appear to me and tell me how foolish i had been to doubt his existence. that way, i will turn around from my foolish ways and serve him forever. what a simple thing for our omni potent God to do.

OK Ascony. I tried your suggestion and it worked - God appeared to me.

Now, are you going to convert as you say you will? No?
Then that makes you a liar as well as an idiot doesn't it?

its obvious that he never appeared to u at all, cos if he can appear to u , nothing stops him from appearing to me and the rest of the world too.
i know u said this just to know whats next, but u forgot that if u are lying about ur claims, and if u die at this very moment, u will go to hell. am i right or not?
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
Ascony:

on the contrary, the reverse is the case; if there is a God there would be no atheists. If God exists, who the hell am i to doubt his existence? If he really exists, he will show himself to all man in a way thats beyond reasonable doubts.

Rather as I have said before, If God didn't exist, the atheists wouldn't have something to believe in.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by Lady2(f): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2009
Here's why this won't work.

God is God, if God becomes answerable to man, then man will be God and God will be man. If God goes on man's terms, then God will be man and man will be God. Get it?

If a parent goes on the child's terms, then the parent is the child and the child is the parent. Get it?

@Olaadegbu, did you just quote a Catholic as your defense? *gasp* shocked shocked shocked

ok atheists you can have a good laff at the fact that olaadegbu just quoted a catholic and developed his argument from a catholic's philosophy. so laff away.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by hoeyeadoe: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2009
John 20vs 29

', blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed'.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2009
~Lady~:

@Olaadegbu, did you just quote a Catholic as your defense? *gasp* shocked shocked shocked

ok atheists you can have a good laff at the fact that olaadegbu just quoted a catholic and developed his argument from a catholic's philosophy. so laff away.

I don't only quote from Roman Catholics but I also quote from atheists that make sense, or no sense as you may see in the Greatest atheists thread.  I also believe that some Catholics who are still in the organisation but do not follow the instructions of the Vatican dogmatically and have faith in Christ alone are saved, and in due time will see the light of the day and come out from among them, just as others are getting disillusioned and joining Islam or becoming atheists (from frying pan to fire), some are coming into the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ by faith alone in what Jesus has done on the cross and only in His name.  Check the weblink below to discover Roman Catholics that are seeing the light of the day and are coming out.  http://www.bereanbeacon.org/
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by Lady2(f): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

I don't only quote from Roman Catholics but I also quote from atheists as you may see in the Greatest atheists thread. I also believe that some Catholics who are still in the organisation who do not follow the instructions of the Vatican dogmatically but have faith in Christ alone are saved and in due time will see the light of the day and come out from among them, just as others are getting disillusioned and joining Islam or becoming atheists, some are coming into the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ by faith alone in what Jesus has done and only in His name.

Into the truth of contradicting truth? Really I didn't know truth contradicted itself, and its own scripture.

And in contradicting I mean, how you all fight each other on the who has the true interpretation or do u not do that? I've seen it with you guys here on NL, the same lot of u that bound together to attack the Catholic faith, also disagree with each other and you all are hell bent on claiming that you have the truth. So which one of you has the truth again? Pls remind me.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2009
~Lady~:

Into the truth of contradicting truth? Really I didn't know truth contradicted itself, and its own scripture.

And in contradicting I mean, how you all fight each other on the who has the true interpretation or do u not do that? I've seen it with you guys here on NL, the same lot of u that bound together to attack the Catholic faith, also disagree with each other and you all are hell bent on claiming that you have the truth. So which one of you has the truth again? Pls remind me.

None of us have the truth in ourselves, except we receive the Personality who is the Truth.  The Truth is not a concept that we struggle to understand and interprete, the Truth is a Person who says "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life", He also said in another place that "Ye shall know the Truth and the Truth will make you free" and "If the Son shall make you free you shall be free indeed" John 1:17 says "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ."  And to crown it up Jesus declared in John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth."  Do you know see the Personality who is the Truth and not a concept?  Do you have the Truth personally dwelling on the inside of you?  Do you have the Truth living inside your heart? or is it the RCC dogma and doctrines of men that you are still grappling with?  undecided
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by Lady2(f): 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

None of us have the truth in ourselves, except we receive the Personality who is the Truth.  The Truth is not a concept that we struggle to understand and interprete, the Truth is a Person who says "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life", He also said in another place that "Ye shall know the Truth and the Truth will make you free" and "If the Son shall make you free you shall be free indeed" John 1:17 says "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ."  And to crown it up Jesus declared in John 4:24 "God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth."  Do you know see the Personality who is the Truth and not a concept?  Do you have the Truth personally dwelling on the inside of you?  Do you have the Truth living inside your heart? or is it the RCC dogma and doctrines of men that you are still grappling with?  undecided

granted the Truth is Jesus meaning that Jesus spoke only one truth, so which one of you hold the one truth that Jesus spoke of. Because here's what I don't understand. You guys use his own words to defend your contradicting beliefs. You guys use his own words and interpret those same words and you all come to different conclusions. So can you please explain how it is you all come to different conclusions to those words. I mean truth is truth and it isn't 2, 3, or 4 ways. It is one way. So which one of you holds the truth because none of u ever claim to be wrong, the other person is always wrong, so who is wrong?

I have the truth, infact I have him dwelling within me as he insisted that I do, I have his flesh and his blood inside me as he insisted that we have his flesh and his blood. I am grappling with the doctrines of Christ that he gave to men, and the authority he gave to men.

I still don't understand how you guys have a problem with following "men" when "men" wrote and put together the Bible that you swear by. Doesn't that mean that you all follow "men"
What I certainly do not understand is how you guys scream against the very Church who wrote and put together the Book you all would die for.

Can u explain that to me?

Also explain to me who Christ gave authority to, did he give authority to men to cast out demons, to forgive sins, to preach or did he give that authority to the Bible. I need you to explain to me how the Bible got its authority

I am not trying to dog y'all, I just want to understand y'all, and y'all are not making a lick of sense.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by manmustwac(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Rather as I have said before, If God didn't exist, the atheists wouldn't have something to believe in.
What do u mean? I don't believe in god, i dsbelieve in god
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by noetic1: 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2009
manmustwac:

dont u think it is irrational (and a symptom of lunacy)to disbelieve who/what u dont know, who/what u cannot define?
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by manmustwac(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2009
n_o_e_t_ic:

dont u think it is irrational (and a symptom of lunacy)to disbelieve who/what u dont know, who/what u cannot define?
How can u define something that dosen't exist?
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by noetic1: 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2009
manmustwac:

How can u define something that dosen't exist?
how can u ascertain that something does not exist?
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by hoeyeadoe: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2009
A fool thinks in his heart and says from his mouth that there is no God. Blessed is he who believes without even seeing.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by manmustwac(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
hoeyeadoe:

A fool thinks in his heart and says from his mouth that there is no God. Blessed is he who believes without even seeing.
The invisible and the non-existant look very much alike
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by hoeyeadoe: 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2009
Man, the two sure look alike in the face of it. But Faith is what keeps the believers believing, plus extra-ordinarily occurences are just assurance that He is the same today as in the days of Old. God is real. He is wonderful. He is awesome and gracious. He his mighty in power and He is unquestionable. We should get that in now b4 it's too late.
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by hoeyeadoe: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2009
This is a note from my friend and I hope you all see the relevance.

Knowing the truth about any thing or situation gives us the power to make correct decisions that are not mis-informed and to get corresponding results. The knowledge of the true illness of a patient enables a doctor to make correct and adequate decisions about how to treat and heal them. Thus knowing the truth leads to healing. However the significance of truth some may argue is not universal and in activities such as politics and business, the truth is not always a good thing. Some realist will say that politics is synonymous to telling lies and some capitalist that truth isn't always good for business.

But a bigger question about truth and its power, concerns the true meaning of life and subsequently the true laws that govern every other human activity such as organising society or trading. The laws of man are made by man, yet man's life is not entirely governed by his laws. In fact lawyers have come to earn a reputation for manipulation as they hold the power to bend the law in the direction if the highest bidding clients. Man is also governed by natural laws such as time and gravity. As a result some have reduced the true meaning of life to a meaningless existence. theorist of evolution subscribe a view of life and man as simply a product of chemical reactions and organic evolution. Life is about here and now and its value with regards to good or bad, truth or lies is not relevant.

Yet a deeper meaning of life is found in spirituality and supernatural laws. The existence of God, the possibility of life after death, the existence of unseen forces and powers that govern human emotions and behaviour, and define or represent good and evil. Today there are many religions who all claim to offer the true god or even the true way to the only God. For pragmatist, spirituality is something they cannot understand, and for scientist it is something they cannot measure, quantify or verify.

Indeed there is a deeper mystery that both scientist and realists cannot answer, and that concerns the truth about death, if man has a soul or not, if there is an after life and if this life affects the next, and indeed if we own ourselves. Today if only everyone knew the true answers to these questions, the world would be saved from a lot of error, confusion and bondage. The truth about life has the power to save us.
(Ton Sango)
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:00am On May 20, 2009
~Lady~:

granted the Truth is Jesus meaning that Jesus spoke only one truth, so which one of you hold the one truth that Jesus spoke of. Because here's what I don't understand. You guys use his own words to defend your contradicting beliefs. You guys use his own words and interpret those same words and you all come to different conclusions. So can you please explain how it is you all come to different conclusions to those words. I mean truth is truth and it isn't 2, 3, or 4 ways. It is one way. So which one of you holds the truth because none of u ever claim to be wrong, the other person is always wrong, so who is wrong?

As I quoted earlier, that Jesus "is the Way, the Truth and the Life" (Jn.14:6).  If you have Him dwelling in you through the Holy Spirit He and only He is capable of interpreting the Truth to you because God is a Spirit and only those who worship Him in Spirit and Truth are the true worshippers.

~Lady~:

I have the truth, infact I have him dwelling within me as he insisted that I do, I have his flesh and his blood inside me as he insisted that we have his flesh and his blood. I am grappling with the doctrines of Christ that he gave to men, and the authority he gave to men.

What you think you have in you is not the real McCoy.  The pagans in the Roman Empire that got Christianized by Constantine practised what you now claim as the Eucharist.  This is not the body of Christ and Jesus died once and for all not to be crucified and suffer again on a daily basis, is that why you have Jesus perpetually hanging on the cross?  He is alive and lives forever to make intercessions for us. So guess what you have on the inside of you. shocked
Excerpts
Mithraism was a religion in the Roman Empire in the 1st through 5th centuries A.D. It was very popular among the Romans, especially among Roman soldiers, and was possibly the religion of several Roman emperors. While Mithraism was never given “official” status in the Roman empire, it was the de-facto official religion until Constantine and succeeding Roman emperors replaced Mithraism with Christianity. One of the key features of Mithraism was a sacrificial meal, which involved eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a bull. Mithras, the god of Mithraism, was “present” in the flesh and blood of the bull, and when consumed, granted salvation to those who partook of the sacrificial meal (theophagy, the eating of one’s god). Mithraism also had seven “sacraments,” making the similarities between Mithraism and Roman Catholicism too many to ignore. Constantine and his successors found an easy substitute for the sacrificial meal of Mithraism in concept of the Lord’s Supper / Christian Communion. Sadly, some early Christians had already begun to attach mysticism to the Lord’s Supper, rejecting the Biblical concept of a simple and worshipful remembrance of Christ’s death and shed blood. The Romanization of the Lord’s Supper made the transition to a sacrificial consumption of Jesus Christ, now known as the Catholic Mass / Eucharist, complete.
http://www.gotquestions.org/origin-Catholic-church.html

~Lady~:

I still don't understand how you guys have a problem with following "men" when "men" wrote and put together the Bible that you swear by. Doesn't that mean that you all follow "men"
What I certainly do not understand is how you guys scream against the very Church who wrote and put together the Book you all would die for.

Can u explain that to me?

If what you mean by "men" is the RCC then you must be deluding yourself.  When the Bible stated that holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit and that means that all the Jewish prophets and Apostles, starting from Moses to John the Apostle were inspired by God.  Read the link below to educate yourself about the origin of the Roman Catholic Church (RCC).

http://www.gotquestions.org/origin-Catholic-church.html

~Lady~:

Also explain to me who Christ gave authority to, did he give authority to men to cast out demons, to forgive sins, to preach or did he give that authority to the Bible. I need you to explain to me how the Bible got its authority

I am not trying to dog y'all, I just want to understand y'all, and y'all are not making a lick of sense.

If you are interested Christ gave authority to the church, which was the Apostles and all who will believe and receive the gospel.  For more understanding on who was/is the church, read the link below.

http://www.gotquestions.org/original-church.html
Re: Proof Of The Existence Of God by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:26am On May 20, 2009
manmustwac:

Whether you believe in God or disbelieve in God since you cannot prove empirically either way means you still require faith for your presupposition. Even though your faith has no foundation unlike ours. And why do you think you and other so called Atheist subsist on the Religion section of the forum?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Really Is A Soul? / Rapture Of The Church....are You Ready / What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.