Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. (7573 Views)

Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism / How Modern Miracle Evangelism Works (Video) / Six Benefits Of Evangelism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

not loving him means not loving all that is good and embracing evil. YES, God will punish evil.

But, there are many people who don't embrace god but are good. What is his reason for punishing them?
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

Isaiah 45:7

KJV: I formed the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all this things.

Apparently, this verse nullifies all the verses you put up there. As far as I can see, it is well balanced.

you are not been sincere at all, YOU KNOW THAT.

there is NO EVIL in GOD, but because Satan bore evil, God took responsibility for satan's freewill against 'all that is good' (God himself). thus God created Satan ( an epitome of what is known as evil), God created 'evil'.

his love and loyalty to God was tested and found wanting.

just as a childs faithfulness and loyalty is tested through his/her freewill to make some decisions by his/her parent, SO IT IS TOO BETWEEN THE CREATOR AND HIS HIGHEST CREATURES (angels and mankind)

2 Likes

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

But, there are many people who don't embrace god but are good. What is his reason for punishing them?

you can't say you are good because you do things that are good. a rapist could be a generous giver, a humble guy could also be vindictive... WE ALL HAVE OUR DARK AND TWISTED SIDES (which could be seen or subtly veiled) so no one is actually good in its proper sense.

but God is GOOD, and goodness can only come from him ALONE.

2 Likes

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

you are not been sincere at all, YOU KNOW THAT.

That verse is in the bible. I didn't just come up with it undecided

there is NO EVIL in GOD, but because Satan bore evil, God took responsibility for satan's freewill against 'all that is good' (God himself). thus God created Satan ( an epitome of what is known as evil), God created 'evil'.

Read the verse again:

Isaiah 45:7

KJV: I formed the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all this things.

his love and loyalty to God was tested and found wanting.

just as a childs faithfulness and loyalty is tested through his/her freewill to make some decisions by his/her parent, SO IT IS TOO BETWEEN THE CREATOR AND HIS HIGHEST CREATURES (angels and mankind)

God created evil. Satan is only a victim
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

God created evil. Satan is only a victim

perhaps GOD should withdraw freewill from all his creatures so we can all be like robots then.

2 Likes

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

you can't say you are good because you do things that are good. a rapist could be a generous giver, a humble guy could also be vindictive... WE ALL HAVE OUR DARK AND TWISTED SIDES (which could be seen or subtly veiled) so no one is actually good in its proper sense.

but God is GOOD, and goodness can only come from him ALONE.

[size=32pt]Isaiah 45:7

[/size]

undecided undecided
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

perhaps GOD should withdraw freewill from all his creatures so we can all be like robots then.

God shouldn't have created sin. Apparently, he was too dumb to know what sin would cause and therefore he has chosen to punish us for his incompetence.

Makes sense grin

1 Like

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

[/size]

undecided undecided

is that the only scripture you hold on to? stop being incorrigible. you just want to be vindictive. simple.

1 Like

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

God shouldn't have created sin. Apparently, he was too dumb to know what sin would cause and therefore he has chosen to punish us for his incompetence.

Makes sense grin

okay then, ( let me follow your line of thinking), go and steal, go and commit murder, keep lying everyday, after all, let's not define it as sin, let's call it survival antics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

is that the only scripture you hold on to? stop being incorrigible. you just want to be vindictive. simple.

Shuo! undecided

I got that verse from the bible. Defend it if you can.

[/size]

Just agree with the scripture that your god is evil and we can move on. For now, we are both stuck at this verse wink
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

Shuo! undecided

I got that verse from the bible. Defend it if you can.

[/size]

Just agree with the scripture that your god is evil and we can move on. For now, we are both stuck at this verse wink

you are the one stuck, not me. in fact, you love being stuck, because you are looking for a reason to.

2 Likes

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

okay then, ( let me follow your line of thinking), go and steal, go and commit murder, keep lying everyday, after all, let's not define it as sin, let's call it survival antics.

That will be unwise. I don't need to believe in god to know right from wrong. Belief in god has never and will never be a basis of morality. In case you don't know, before the "existence" of Jesus Christ, there were already wise men who spread messages of forgiveness, tolerance and other good things. Other parts of the world that didn't know about Yahweh or Jesus all had their own laid down laws and were already living in organised societies.

God is as useless as the ueue in queue.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

you are the one stuck, not me. in fact, you love being stuck, because you are looking for a reason to.

Ok then, agree with the scripture and let's move on
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
SATAN IS CALLED "THE FATHER of LIES" (john 8:44), the very first sin borne by Satan that gave rise to other other sins. So therefore, since God created Satan, it means God created 'evil'.

and evil shall be DESTROYED in an appointed day set by God for judgement. until then, everyones freewill shall be put to test. either you follow God or you follow Satan.

2 Likes

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

Please, mind the way you address me. I am a legitimate business man and I am sure you have never heard anyone here on nairaland, at least, say I stole their money. So, focus on the discussion and don't derail.

Your god is evil as written in that verse. True or false?
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:
SATAN IS CALLED "THE FATHER of LIES" (john 8:44), the very first sin borne by Satan that gave rise to other other sins. So therefore, since God created Satan, it means God created 'evil'.

and evil shall be DESTROYED in an appointed day set by God for judgement. until then, everyones freewill shall be put to test. either you follow God or you follow Satan.

[/size]

undecided
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

That will be unwise. I don't need to believe in god to know right from wrong. Belief in god has never and will never be a basis of morality. In case you don't know, before the "existence" of Jesus Christ, there were already wise men who spread messages of forgiveness, tolerance and other good things. Other parts of the world that didn't know about Yahweh or Jesus all had their own laid down laws and were already living in organised societies.

God is as useless as the ueue in queue.

if the "ueue" is useless, then why adding it in your spelling?

secondly, if I decide to kill twins or steal to be rich, it does not make you better than me, because you are not a STANDARD for what represents good.

you can't say goodness exist outside God, you may have the knowledge of being good, yet it does NOT make you good.

1 Like

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

secondly, if I decide to kill twins or steal to be rich, it does not make you better than me, because you are not a STANDARD for what represents good.

you can't say goodness exist outside God, you may have the knowledge of being good, yet it does NOT make you good.

@bolded, seriously? undecided

Haba
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

Please, mind the way you address me. I am a legitimate business man and I am sure you have never heard anyone here on nairaland, at least, say I stole their money. So, focus on the discussion and don't derail.

Your god is evil as written in that verse. True or false?

you are a thief, a hypocrite, a criminal in disguise, an opportunist, and all of it. as long as you are human with the tendency to commit these, then you are all of these, because you are NOT good, you can never be.

1 Like

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

At the end of the day I am not as evil as your god

KJV: I formed the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all this things
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

[/size]

undecided

remain stuck here as long as you wish.
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 8:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

you are a thief, a hypocrite, a criminal in disguise, an opportunist, and all of it. as long as you are human with the tendency to commit these, then you are all of these, because you are NOT good, you can never be.

Lol. Bros, please do me a favor. As you write your opinions, please have someone sit down close to you to give you guidance. You are beginning sound more and more ridiculous.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

At the end of the day I am not as evil as your god

KJV: I formed the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the lord do all this things
[/size]

..."Satan is a liar, and the FATHER OF IT." (John 8:44).

1 Like

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

Lol. Bros, please do me a favor. As you write your opinions, please have someone sit down close to you to give you guidance. You are beginning sound more and more ridiculous.

tell that to one you see when looking at the mirror...

1 Like

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

Menesheh, come and see your thread o.

Where is everybody sef?

Freecocoa, Johnnydon22, plaetton, atheist101, frank317, ifeness, sonoflucifer, kolajamesjnr
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

..."Satan is a liar, and the FATHER OF IT." (John 8:44).

[/size]
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

@bolded, seriously? undecided

Haba

you know what? I perceive you selfishness, your apostle of atheism (Richard Dawkins) wrote a book about it - THE SELFISH GENE.

you hate worship, all you want is to please yourselves. with God out of it, ANYTHING GOES, ANYTHING CAN BE ADJUSTED TO SUIT YOUR SELFISH PURPOSE.

1 Like

Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

[/size]

yes the bible is right, GOD CREATED SATAN " THE EVIL ONE".
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by hahn(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
SonOfEl:

yes the bible is right, GOD CREATED SATAN " THE EVIL ONE".

He created evil and then put it in the devil. So sad cry
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU ARE A PIECE OF CAKE, AFTERALL YOU MAKE CAKES DONT YOU?

YES, AS LONG AS GOD IS EVIL, THEN YOU ARE A PIECE OF CAKE...

SO I AGREE...
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

AS LONG AS GOD IS EVIL, THEN YOU ARE A PIECE OF CAKE....AFTER ALL, YOU MAKE CAKES RIGHT?
Re: Religion : Evangelism And The Fear Of Apostasy. by SonOfEl(m): 8:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

AS LONG AS GOD IS EVIL, THEN YOU ARE A PIECE OF CAKE....AFTER ALL, YOU Can MAKE CAKES RIGHT?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Everyone Has An Everlasting Home After Death, It's Either Heaven Or Hell / Life Is Meaningless I Need An Exit / An Athiest View/arguement Against Christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.