Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Ask The Doctor - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Doctor (7046 Views)

The Patient Comes To The Hospital To See The Doctor. / The Doctor Killed By Lassa Fever In Abia Pictured / I’m Not The Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon, PH Nurse Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sexologist:

thanks doc, its tayo1980@hotmail.com
check ur e-mail
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
Sexologist:

thanks doc, its tayo1980@hotmail.com
check your e-mail
Re: Ask The Doctor by olorunlugopied(m): 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
My Dr, pls help me out wt Oligospermia
Re: Ask The Doctor by Babice(f): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
salsonext:

with regards to that your friend. well I think she has what doctors call a chronic pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). she needs to see a gynaecologist and most likely they will take a sample of the discharge she is having(high vaginal swab m/c/s) for a test to identify the organisms causing the infection. also it is important she does the pelvic scan as the doctor requested cos that will help ascertain the possibility of an organic problem. Also she should try as much as possible to avoid douching, ensure very good hygiene, be watchful of the kind of public toilet she uses and the kind of underwear she uses. If she is already sexually active, cos most girls keep claiming virginity, well she shld make sure her boyfriend or sexual partner also gets treated.
bt doc,do u tink d infection cud also affect her chest/breast region?
Re: Ask The Doctor by honeyjoy77: 12:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
honeyjoy77:

Thanks. No pregnancy in the past,sexual exposure is adequate at least five times in a week. Another thing is that my period is scanty at times the flow may be two or three days. Hope am ovulate with the result above though I have done pelvic scan everything is normal, no fibroid ,no pid.
Re: Ask The Doctor by Peterjamesdan: 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hi Doctor,
My name is James. I am 36. I got married in December 2014. I ve not been in active sex until December 2013, then I found that I ejaculate too soon even before penetration. I went to Hospital Doctor gave me some prescription but these could not solve the problem. I went back after two weeks, he gave another different prescription which I took but could not stop the premature ejaculation. Among the prescription I was given is Manix Capsule & some Vitamin supplements. I equally on my own tried a Herbal medicine called Alberchin Herbal yet nothing worked. Since last month now, I found it very hard to get and maintain an erection. Most times now, I hadly develop the urge for sex. My sex life is really suffering. My wife is really complaining. I cannot even make love with her now. Pls, I really need advise and solution on this.
Re: Ask The Doctor by Peterjamesdan: 1:19am On Oct 18, 2015
HI Doctor Dammy,
My name is James. I am 36. I got married in December 2014. I ve not been in active sex until December 2013, then I found that I ejaculate too soon even before penetration. I went to Hospital Doctor gave me some prescription but these could not solve the problem. I went back after two weeks, he gave another different prescription which I took but could not stop the premature ejaculation. Among the prescription I was given is Manix Capsule & some Vitamin supplements. I equally on my own tried a Herbal medicine called Alberchin Herbal yet nothing worked. Since last month now, I found it very hard to get and maintain an erection. Most times now, I hadly develop the urge for sex. My sex life is really suffering. My wife is really complaining. I cannot even make love with her now. Pls, I really need your advise and solution on this.
I am waiting earnestly.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 12:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Peterjamesdan:
HI Doctor Dammy,
My name is James. I am 36. I got married in December 2014. I ve not been in active sex until December 2013, then I found that I ejaculate too soon even before penetration. I went to Hospital Doctor gave me some prescription but these could not solve the problem. I went back after two weeks, he gave another different prescription which I took but could not stop the premature ejaculation. Among the prescription I was given is Manix Capsule & some Vitamin supplements. I equally on my own tried a Herbal medicine called Alberchin Herbal yet nothing worked. Since last month now, I found it very hard to get and maintain an erection. Most times now, I hadly develop the urge for sex. My sex life is really suffering. My wife is really complaining. I cannot even make love with her now. Pls, I really need your advise and solution on this.
I am waiting earnestly.
Good morning. with regards to the issue u discussed. I will say you have 1)erectile dysfunction which is defined as inability to initiate, sustain or maintain erection for the period of SI. also you have what is called premature ejaculation with a possible low libido or loss of libido. The management of this kind of condition has various aspects some and medical, others involve behavioural change, while other mean required involves the psychological aspect that will require the cooperation of your sexual partner. I will list some things that u can do to help out. Firstly is that you should know that sex has various contributary components that must interplay for sexual intercourse to be successful they include the physical, mental, psychological, hormonal or chemical, and emotional components. For the physical component, you should start engaging yourself in various forms of physical exercises, if possible register at a gym close to you cos that is very vital in the sense that physical fitness and agility are vital ingredients in sexual activities. Secondly for the that u should relax as much as possible. don't rush into sex. If your job is the busy or hectic type, don't plan to have sex as soon as you get home cos u won't be able to fulfill the physical requirement even if you are mentally ready. as such just relax and wait till u have slept and woken up and body is refreshed, preferably very early in the morning. Thirdly for the mental and psychological aspect, make sure u get ur head straight. take your thought away from worries and focus on you sexual partner when having sex and don't rush into copulation. You can practice the technique of masturbating an hour or two before SI cos that delays your ejaculation during sex. also u can practice the "PAUSE AND SQUEEZE TECHNIQUE" with your partner. This involves
1.Beginning sexual activity as usual, including stimulation
of the penis, until you feel almost ready to ejaculate.
2. Have your partner squeeze the end of your penis, at
the point where the head (glans) joins the shaft, and
maintain the squeeze for several seconds, until the
urge to ejaculate passes.
3. After the squeeze is released, wait for about 30
seconds, then go back to pre-intimacy. You may notice
that squeezing the penis causes it to become less
erect, but when sexual stimulation is resumed, it
soon regains full erection.
4. If you again feel you're about to ejaculate, have your
partner repeat the squeeze process.
U can also try the midstream urine holding technique where u start urinating then stop midway and continue to hold the remaining urine. u can them empty it later
Next is leaving a healthy lifestyle, avoid alcohol as much as possible. Eat a lot of fruits and carbs.
Engage in pre-intimacy before sex cos that also helps a lot and always try to go for a second round of sex even when ur erection is flat, encourage your partner to stimulate u, she also has to be patient cos the stimulation to get the second erection can take take a while. Now to the medical aspect I will want you to do dia hormonal test for serum testosterone. There are some drugs that can also be used.let me have ur email add
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Babice:
bt doc,do u tink d infection cud also affect her chest/breast region?
No.but in medicine nothing is impossible, but I really doubt that's the case in her condition. She might just be having anoda problem in the chest
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
olorunlugopied:
My Dr, pls help me out wt Oligospermia
Pls let me have the details of a recent seminal fluid analysis test u did.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=honeyjoy77 post=39072901][/quote]
start monitoring your ovulation. u can use the basal body temperature method so that u can plan your sexual intercourse toward ovulation. that should help. Also u should have a serum LH and progesteron assay done during ovulation period to ascertain if u are ovulating.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
iykenex:

Doc, my neighbour's daughter told me that she took a contraceptive drug for a pregnancy getting to 2 months and since then she has been seeing her menses two times in a month. Pls I need reply on what to tell her.
Normal menstrual cycle is 21 days to 35 days as such it is possible for a lady to see her menses twice a month especially if her menstrual cycle is 21 days. that simply means she will see it at the beginning of the month and also at the end of the month.
Re: Ask The Doctor by honeyjoy77: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
salsonext:

start monitoring your ovulation. u can use the basal body temperature method so that u can plan your sexual intercourse toward ovulation. that should help. Also u should have a serum LH and progesteron assay done during ovulation period to ascertain if u are ovulating.

Thank you
Re: Ask The Doctor by Ginykamark: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
salsonext:
Hi everyone my name is Dr. Dammy, I am a medical doctor. I am here answer all your medical questions and also give you medical advices on your health conditions. So feel free to ask questions.
. Hi doc sometime in august I went to the hospital because of symptoms of burning sensation in the chest n throat weakness, inability to breathe properly and a host of other symptoms. I was diagnosed with gerd and after talking meds I got better althoughh the weakness continued and got worse plus rapid heartbeat ran lots of tests and an ECG to ascertain the cause of my sinus tachycardia . Blood test detected I have pnemonia and was placed on antibiotics,am feeling better now, but I notice I have these tingling sensation in my legs and arms and my knees feel weak and shaky like my body is too heavy to carry. I officially stopped taking my meds 3days ago. What could be the cause?
Re: Ask The Doctor by Perpetual459: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
hello doctor; pls which drug do I use to treat high temperature; cough and catarrh in my 5 and half yr old boy,;though I do use chloroquine syrup and paracetamol for him and they work but d high temperature came up did evening BT I ve given him paracetamol and he's sweating now BT what can I give to cure d malaria cos I knw it's malaria cos of d symptoms; he's AA with blood group O positive.
Re: Ask The Doctor by Peterjamesdan: 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good morning. with regards to the issue u discussed. I will say you have 1)erectile dysfunction which is defined as inability to initiate, sustain or maintain erection for the period of SI. also you have what is called premature ejaculation with a possible low libido or loss of libido. The management of this kind of condition has various aspects some and medical, others involve behavioural change, while other mean required involves the psychological aspect that will require the cooperation of your sexual partner. I will list some things that u can do to help out. Firstly is that you should know that sex has various contributary components that must interplay for sexual intercourse to be successful they include the physical, mental, psychological, hormonal or chemical, and emotional components. For the physical component, you should start engaging yourself in various forms of physical exercises, if possible register at a gym close to you cos that is very vital in the sense that physical fitness and agility are vital ingredients in sexual activities. Secondly for the that u should relax as much as possible. don't rush into sex. If your job is the busy or hectic type, don't plan to have sex as soon as you get home cos u won't be able to fulfill the physical requirement even if you are mentally ready. as such just relax and wait till u have slept and woken up and body is refreshed, preferably very early in the morning. Thirdly for the mental and psychological aspect, make sure u get ur head straight. take your thought away from worries and focus on you sexual partner when having sex and don't rush into copulation. You can practice the technique of masturbating an hour or two before SI cos that delays your ejaculation during sex. also u can practice the "PAUSE AND SQUEEZE TECHNIQUE" with your partner. This involves
U can also try the midstream urine holding technique where u start urinating then stop midway and continue to hold the remaining urine. u can them empty it later
Next is leaving a healthy lifestyle, avoid alcohol as much as possible. Eat a lot of fruits and carbs.
Engage in pre-intimacy before sex cos that also helps a lot and always try to go for a second round of sex even when ur erection is flat, encourage your partner to stimulate u, she also has to be patient cos the stimulation to get the second erection can take take a while. Now to the medical aspect I will want you to do dia hormonal test for serum testosterone. There are some drugs that can also be used.let me have ur email add.
Re: Ask The Doctor by Peterjamesdan: 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good Evening Doctor,
Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate. God almighty will definitely bless you. My email address is danieldefoehmf@yahoo.com
Re: Ask The Doctor by windvane(m): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
please i noticed my brother having pains while passing out urine,i confronted and he said he as been having sex without protection,i noticed his boxers are stained too,when i googled it all,he as gonorrhoea.please which antibiotics can he use please.thanks
Re: Ask The Doctor by Peach45(f): 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good day doctor,ve issue bothering me.got pregnant last year n gave birth to baby boy via CS dis year n d boy is 7month. want to know wen it's OK to conceive n give birth normally. (2)I heard there are drugs one can take to prevent pregnancy .thanks as I await ur reply
Re: Ask The Doctor by Feistyoly: 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
Done
Re: Ask The Doctor by Rafob(m): 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hello doctor my wife is fifty years now her period has stopped for two months now pls can we have sex or can she conceive when we have sex without prevention thanks
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 6:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
Rafob:
Hello doctor my wife is fifty years now her period has stopped for two months now pls can we have sex or can she conceive when we have sex without prevention thanks
well with regards to your wife, she is most likely menopausal(i.e has reached menopause) or pre-menopausal(i.e about to reach menopause) this is so because the age at which women attain menopause varies. during menopause a woman stops seeing her period which happens gradually rather than abrupt. as such a women tends to see her menses less often. if she menstruates monthly previously, it might reduce to once in two or three months and gradually increases till the menses finally stops. This happens in phases so that the body can adjust to the upcoming changes gradually. As such if she is still seeing her menses once in a while, one cant rule out pregnancy totally though it is rare for it to happen at that age. If u are wary of her getting pregnant, i will just advice you take to one of the family planning options.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
Peach45:
Good day doctor,ve issue bothering me.got pregnant last year n gave birth to baby boy via CS dis year n d boy is 7 month. want to know wen it's OK to conceive n give birth normally. (2)I heard there are drugs one can take to prevent pregnancy .thanks as I await ur reply
Irrespective of the mode of delivery the best inter pregnancy interval is 18 - 24 months. this is to allow full recovery from the toll taken on the body of the mother by the pregnancy and to also allow enough time to cater for the newborn. As for the case of someone that had a Cesarean operation(C/S). it is safer to wait for the said duration before taking in again so as to allow for the scar of the surgery on the incised uterus to heal properly in addition to allowing the mother to recover fully. Note that the earlier a woman gets pregnant after a Cesarean section the higher the chances of her having a uterine rupture in Labor. In this regard we always advice women that had a CS delivery to ensure they choose one of the family planning options so as to prevent and avoid getting pregnant before proper healing of the scar.
Re: Ask The Doctor by salsonext(m): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
windvane:
please i noticed my brother having pains while passing out urine,i confronted and he said he as been having sex without protection,i noticed his boxers are stained too,when i googled it all,he as gonorrhoea.please which antibiotics can he use please.thanks
He needs to go to a hospital to be examines and given proper STI screening and appropriate treatment.
Re: Ask The Doctor by dotman10(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2015
salsonext:
Hi everyone my name is Dr. Dammy, I am a medical doctor. I am here answer all your medical questions and also give you medical advices on your health conditions. So feel free to ask questions.

Hello doctor, please I need to know the kind of drugs I can use to treat low testosterone which wount have any repercussions as most doctors says using supplements as a treatment for testosterone usually have a devastating consequences especially for people within their early 30s....

The problem is that, in recent time, I noticed I don't always get morning attention as usual, also am experiencing what can be called mental fog, and importantly, a very low sexual urge. I tried to check Google and find hundreds of information linking this symptoms to what they call low testosterone.....

Please I really need your help cus am really getting disturbed by this....my e-mail address is ibdotkoko@gmail.com.

Thank you as I await your candid response.
Re: Ask The Doctor by ahnie: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
Gudevenin doc...i am havin these sims-toms,headache mild one,stomach rumbling,cold,weakness of the body,and this urge to use the loo frequently,and also runny temperature.my baby z 4mthns+,and i hav not seen my period eva sinc i gave birth.my husband and i always entange in witdrawal method.pls is it possible to be pregnant,even after not seein my period after delivery?
Re: Ask The Doctor by emmanuelsone: 10:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hello Doc. Pls I'm passing through emotional trauma which is unbearable! My question is, is SC genotype that seriously bad? My Girlfriend is AS and I'm AC......the relationship is long and very very difficult to even think of quitting.......I've seen some SC genotype persons do pretty well and pple also clamours that we shouldn't try it......what do u say Doc.
Re: Ask The Doctor by Peterjamesdan: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2015
Peterjamesdan:
Engage in pre-intimacy before sex cos that also helps a lot and always try to go for a second round of sex even when ur erection is flat, encourage your partner to stimulate u, she also has to be patient cos the stimulation to get the second erection can take take a while. Now to the medical aspect I will want you to do dia hormonal test for serum testosterone. There are some drugs that can also be used.let me have ur email add.
[quote author=salsonext post=39101585]Good morning. with regards to the issue u discussed. I will say you have 1)erectile dysfunction which is defined as inability to initiate, sustain or maintain erection for the period of SI. also you have what is called premature ejaculation with a possible low libido or loss of libido. The management of this kind of condition has various aspects some and medical, others involve behavioural change, while other mean required involves the psychological aspect that will require the cooperation of your sexual partner. I will list some things that u can do to help out. Firstly is that you should know that sex has various contributary components that must interplay for sexual intercourse to be successful they include the physical, mental, psychological, hormonal or chemical, and emotional components. For the physical component, you should start engaging yourself in various forms of physical exercises, if possible register at a gym close to you cos that is very vital in the sense that physical fitness and agility are vital ingredients in sexual activities. Secondly for the that u should relax as much as possible. don't rush into sex. If your job is the busy or hectic type, don't plan to have sex as soon as you get home cos u won't be able to fulfill the physical requirement even if you are mentally ready. as such just relax and wait till u have slept and woken up and body is refreshed, preferably very early in the morning. Thirdly for the mental and psychological aspect, make sure u get ur head straight. take your thought away from worries and focus on you sexual partner when having sex and don't rush into copulation. You can practice the technique of masturbating an hour or two before SI cos that delays your ejaculation during sex. also u can practice the "PAUSE AND SQUEEZE TECHNIQUE" with your partner. This involves
Engage in pre-intimacy before sex cos that also helps a lot and always try to go for a second round of sex even when ur erection is flat, encourage your partner to stimulate u, she also has to be patient cos the stimulation to get the second erection can take take a while. Now to the medical aspect I will want you to do dia hormonal test for serum testosterone. There are some drugs that can also be used.let me have ur email add[/q]

Dear Doctor Wale,

Many thanks for your response. My email ID is danieldefoehmf@yahoo.com. I am really expecting your response Sir.
Re: Ask The Doctor by Nziwujo(m): 11:47am On Nov 20, 2015
salsonext:

with regards to the genital rash that is now chronic. well there are various causes of genital rashes e.g genita herpes, warts, vulvovaginitis, syphilis and others. well with regards to this i think i think what u may have is likely to be genital herpes which is a viral infection usually contracted through sexual contact. but irrespective u should have a VDRL test and HIV test done and also u should have a vaginal swab M/c/S done to ascertain the organism causing of the funny discharge u are having. with regards to your low blood pressure,if u dont have any major symptoms like fainting, i am not disturbed, that means you are asymptomatic. i will just advice for now that you should increase your salt intake and increase your fluid i.e water intake. but dont bother yourself unnecessarily with that unless u have symptoms
Hello doc thanks for ur response so far please my twin brother splept with a lady and the condom bursted in the process to an extent that is just like naked
we used this HIV test kit on the girl and she is positive we were told he shld take anti retroviral drug lamivudine tab and Tenofovir Disoproxil tab to be precise within 24hrs,we were able to get within 12hrs which he has taken
Sir Is there a possibility that he ll be Positive?
Re: Ask The Doctor by Omodady: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hello Dr, My 6weeks Old baby was was diagnos with Laryngomalacia recently, have ask people about it but it like it not common around here, just Need some advice in taking care girl. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Requirements For An Auxiliary Nurse To Work In Canada, UK And US / How To Get Counseling For Free In Nigeria / Help!!! Why Do We Urinate Often During Rainy Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.