Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr (3640 Views)

Nigerians No Longer Happy, Drops In Global Happiness Ranking – VanguardNgr / Ghana Bans Goods From Nigeria, Other Countries-vanguardngr / Weep Not, Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by brize(m): 6:40am On Oct 05, 2015
Cc Lalasticlala & seun oya take am to the land of victory
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by otukpo(f): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2015
We are in trouble in this country
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by spanishkid(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2015
They can cry to death for all I care.
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 05, 2015
biafranqueen:
Your Moniker is perfect because your like those women that watch husbands rape their daughters, pretending like nothing is happening while the life of her child(Nigeria) is being sucked out of her. Pretending that I already marry him and moved in his house so regardless of the abuse and mental anguish I will continue to deny the truth because so ugly to face thatbI made a screwed up choice. Cowards only carry such behavior as the 95% have displayed when you mess up do your best to fix it not bury the truth with your head.
Biafranqueen, what does it mean to be Biafran? What does it mean to be Igbo? To be Igbo is to stand for truth and justice. To be Igbo is to be hardworking and disciplined. To be Igbo is to be determined and focused.
Being Igbo is not all about bearing an Igbo name. Anyone who holds onto the aforementioned ideals is a friend of the Igbos.

The current crop of Igbo leaders do not represent the Biafran interest. They are just a set of visionless and myopic individuals, stoking the flames of tribal hatred after losing their 'connections' to Abuja.

What did 16 years of unmatched loyalty to PDP gain us? Nothing. Not even VP. Not even a second Niger Bridge.
Have Ohanaeze or Massob built any schools in the SE? What are their achievements despite being close to power since democracy?

I support the calls for an independent Igbo nation. I know it's only a matter of time before we achieve that. But we must reform our leaders so the Igbo nation isn't crippled by evil amd greedy men before it has a chance to find its feet. The politics of 2015 demands intellect, wisdom and tact. Unfortunately, Igbos continue to make political decisions based on sentiments, and continue to suffer the consequences; the PDP has zoned the 2019 presidential ticket to the North, where is the 'outrage'?.

Yes, we lost the civil war. Stop crying about that. The truth is no one cares. Let me agree for a second that Nigerians are anti-Igbo. Is that the reason Igbo youths are into drug peddling? Is that the reason most of our HRH's have moved to Lagos to avoid being kidnapped? Is that enough reason for the proliferation of baby factories in the SE? Is that the reason why Seasterners only return home during Christmas? We build big mansions back home that are only occupied during the final weeks of the year.

Where does personal responsibility come in? Let's get the basics right. Then the calls for Biafra will come from sincere hearts, hearts that seek the interest of Igbos, not just the interest of their pockets.
Good morning.

4 Likes

Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by truefact: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2015
Yes we hate you all slavish diabolical yoruba and violent evil hausa fulanis. ..go your way and let igbos got their way...divide this zoo
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by otil1: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2015
spanishkid:
They can cry to death for all I care.

Yes. I see the joy and comfort in you in using "they", since you feel it's only "them" that the issues raised concern. But you are so wrong.

Yes, speaking generally in Nigeria may be a less focused way of identifying issues, as opposed to people of the different regions pinpointing issues that affect them the most. But the issues in the article are hardly peculiar to Igbos. If the national conference which the westerners championed since the wake of current democratic dispensation in Obasanjo era becomes an exercise in futility, it is another win for the north against the entire south, not just Igbos.

The current downturn in the economy due to lack of focus, direction and policy thrust by the centre will not affect an Igbo any more than a Yoruba or itsekiri. The job losses and continually eroding employment prospects in entire Nigeria will affect all and sundry. Hunger, inflation and scarcity of essential commodity that will soon follow the archaic foreign exchange control of GMB administration will not be an only Igbo affair.

Today, the menace of cattle rearers is an issue for Yoruba as it has been for Biroms, Tivs and Igalas, and of course, Igbos. Simply because the south is afraid to insist that herding should be banned in Nigeria, all in favour of the North.

I advise that we all pick the message in the write up and seek a better society that will work for all of us, or if impossible, we find political and non-violent means to exist as separate nations

2 Likes

Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2015
The editor for vanguard should be ashamed of himself.
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by 7lives: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
Another useless write-up from another Igbo person suffering from PPD (paranoid personality disorder) and persecution complex; always assuming everybody is deliberately out to hurt them and always assuming themselves to be victims.

In Buhari's first attempt to contest democratically in 2003, of all the over 250 tribes in Nigeria, he picked an Igbo running mate. In his second attempt in 2007, he once again picked an Igbo man. Does this really sound like the actions of a man who hates the Igbos?... If there is any chance that Buhari now hates Igbos, it is simply because of the diabolic and rabid hate which Igbos have shown the man. If someone hates me so much for absolutely no reason, I don't think I would be foolish enough to be endeared to such a person.

Furthermore, anyone out there who believes that Buhari can Islamise anywhere, most especially the South-East, such a person must be a capital dunce.

Who are you? whoever you are, YOU ARE PRICELESS, a rare gem.
You have given a very simple answer to a mountainous problem, i hope someone is listening.

2 Likes

Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Stolen: 10:01am On Oct 05, 2015
Na God go punish the Daura Dullardhino
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by obailala(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2015
7lives:

Who are you? whoever you are, YOU ARE PRICELESS, a rare gem.
You have given a very simple answer to a mountainous problem, i hope someone is listening.
Many thanks..
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by otil1: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2015
MrDenygerian:

Biafranqueen, what does it mean to be Biafran? What does it mean to be Igbo? To be Igbo is to stand for truth and justice. To be Igbo is to be hardworking and disciplined. To be Igbo is to be determined and focused.
Being Igbo is not all about bearing an Igbo name. Anyone who holds onto the aforementioned ideals is a friend of the Igbos...

Let me agree for a second that Nigerians are anti-Igbo. Is that the reason Igbo youths are into drug peddling? Is that the reason most of our HRH's have moved to Lagos to avoid being kidnapped? Is that enough reason for the proliferation of baby factories in the SE? Is that the reason why Seasterners only return home during Christmas? We build big mansions back home that are only occupied during the final weeks of the year.

Where does personal responsibility come in? Let's get the basics right. Then the calls for Biafra will come from sincere hearts, hearts that seek the interest of Igbos, not just the interest of their pockets.
Good morning.

MrDenygerian, I greet you. Deeje.

I like your spirit and I will like to share few ideals with you, a little debate, if you may.

First, I respect your pride in your identity, an Igbo -nwafo proper. This is because a lot of us still find it difficult to claim, identify with that identity. Some are in complete denial, changing their names, their skins, way of life etc. Some sub-tribes say the are not Igbo. May be they are not.

I agree with all you have shared, for the most part. I simply don't want us to be too hard on ourselves. Nothing is hugely wrong with our leaders, nor our society as of today. We have coped well with the aftermath of the Biafran war and it is a surprise to may that without any help (rather, suppression by officialdom), we are standing neck-to-neck with our other tribal nations, somewhat.

In particular reference to 2015 elections, the Igbos made no mistake. Take it from me. I don't believe in the popular branding of the "voting by their emotions" or some that vomit "voting by their stomach". That's rubbish. The Igbos made a loud statement in the last election. For the first time, in a long time, since after the war, the Igbos didn't co tow in a master-slave arrangement. They spoke with one voice, voted who they wanted and rejected who they didn't, and the reason for the rejection is coming to fact, as you have also acknowledged and as is clear for all to see.

It has been acknowledged that APC's victory was that Jonathan didn't get what he used to get from Igbos. We decided it, bro.

Guess what, if you repeat that election today, this morning, what you will see will not just be a repeat of the same voting pattern, but a more hard lined Igbos voting against their sworn oppressors.

We said it during campaign. Buhari is no lover of Igbos. No Fulani is. And Buhari, from all indications, is not a changed man. (can never change -too old to learn new skills!)

Now, to the point. I love the way you have kept a tab on Igbo values and I will plead that you add njepu (travel), an irreducable ingredient of Igboness that lubricates our proclivity to commerce and assimilation of new cultures and values.

Please don't advocate that Igbos travel less. And worse still, don't advocate that we all come home and live in our big mansions all year round. We don't need that. If you say, let's have our productive machineries factories, assemblies, consultancies, etc. To have their headquarters in Igboland, I support you. (Innoson has achieved that, Peace Mass transit, the largest mass transit operator has achieved that, even with his family as permanent residents in far away China.

So what have I just said?

1. Drug peddling, prostitution, baby factories and the other social vices are no more an Igbo affair than in other parts of Nigeria. May be a little more or less. Create a thriving economy that allows free enterprise and see Igbo boys making money legitimately before others even wake up. But in a country and society where they youths are without hope, what do you expect?

2. Igbo politics is maturing (once again). This is from the absolute devastation of our political structures and identity occasioned by the civil war. I predict that Igbos will become more bold and more together in their political stance in coming elections. If we are with you, we are with you.

3. I love your definition of Igboness. To be Igbo means a lot and comes with a lot. We are stubborn (resolute to a fault), we are forthright (no yeye diplomacy and double speaking), we fight and we are ready to die (for a just cause). We also love to travel,trade and exist with other cultures whose values we respect, assimilate and adapt. You will be surprised how much of Yoruba culture we have imbibed and domesticatedn despite the coldness and rivalry that the Hausa/Fulani has instigated in betwixt us, just so that the south cannot be in unity.

I'm toast if you wish to take this further (off line, if you so desire).

I greet you, ezi nwafo.

2 Likes

Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 05, 2015
otil1:

MrDenygerian, I greet you. Deeje.

I like your spirit and I will like to share few ideals with you, a little debate, if you may.

First, I respect your pride in your identity, an Igbo -nwafo proper. This is because a lot of us still find it difficult to claim, identify with that identity. Some are in complete denial, changing their names, their skins, way of life etc. Some sub-tribes say the are not Igbo. May be they are not.

I agree with all you have shared, for the most part. I simply don't want us to be too hard on ourselves. Nothing is hugely wrong with our leaders, nor our society as of today. We have coped well with the aftermath of the Biafran war and it is a surprise to may that without any help (rather, suppression by officialdom), we are standing neck-to-neck with our other tribal nations, somewhat.

In particular reference to 2015 elections, the Igbos made no mistake. Take it from me. I don't believe in the popular branding of the "voting by their emotions" or some that vomit "voting by their stomach". That's rubbish. The Igbos made a loud statement in the last election. For the first time, in a long time, since after the war, the Igbos didn't co tow in a master-slave arrangement. They spoke with one voice, voted who they wanted and rejected who they didn't, and the reason for the rejection is coming to fact, as you have also acknowledged and as is clear for all to see.

It has been acknowledged that APC's victory was that Jonathan didn't get what he used to get from Igbos. We decided it, bro.

Guess what, if you repeat that election today, this morning, what you will see will not just be a repeat of the same voting pattern, but a more hard lined Igbos voting against their sworn oppressors.

We said it during campaign. Buhari is no lover of Igbos. No Fulani is. And Buhari, from all indications, is not a changed man. (can never change -too old to learn new skills!)

Now, to the point. I love the way you have kept a tab on Igbo values and I will plead that you add njepu (travel), an irreducable ingredient of Igboness that lubricates our proclivity to commerce and assimilation of new cultures and values.

Please don't advocate that Igbos travel less. And worse still, don't advocate that we all come home and live in our big mansions all year round. We don't need that. If you say, let's have our productive machineries factories, assemblies, consultancies, etc. To have their headquarters in Igboland, I support you. (Innoson has achieved that, Peace Mass transit, the largest mass transit operator has achieved that, even with his family as permanent residents in far away China.

So what have I just said?

1. Drug peddling, prostitution, baby factories and the other social vices are no more an Igbo affair than in other parts of Nigeria. May be a little more or less. Create a thriving economy that allows free enterprise and see Igbo boys making money legitimately before others even wake up. But in a country and society where they youths are without hope, what do you expect?

2. Igbo politics is maturing (once again). This is from the absolute devastation of our political structures and identity occasioned by the civil war. I predict that Igbos will become more bold and more together in their political stance in coming elections. If we are with you, we are with you.

3. I love your definition of Igboness. To be Igbo means a lot and comes with a lot. We are stubborn (resolute to a fault), we are forthright (no yeye diplomacy and double speaking), we fight and we are ready to die (for a just cause). We also love to travel,trade and exist with other cultures whose values we respect, assimilate and adapt. You will be surprised how much of Yoruba culture we have imbibed and domesticatedn despite the coldness and rivalry that the Hausa/Fulani has instigated in betwixt us, just so that the south cannot be in unity.

I'm toast if you wish to take this further (off line, if you so desire).

I greet you, ezi nwafo.
I greet you. My online interactions is quite limited. I hope to free up sometime before the end of the year to become more engaged. I love your riposte. I promise we will meet offline sometime in the near future. Tbh, your post just brightened my week.
@mizmycoli: hope u read this. sorry, im off bbm. urfriendlyhacker wink
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by MizMyColi(f): 10:57am On Oct 05, 2015
MrDenygerian:

I greet you. My online interactions is quite limited. I hope to free up sometime before the end of the year to become more engaged. I love your riposte. I promise we will meet offline sometime in the near future. Tbh, your post just brightened my week.
@mizmycoli: hope u read this. sorry, im off bbm. urfriendlyhacker wink

I'm confused
Good Morning.

Please identify yourself in a way only I can understand.
I want to be sure it's you.
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

I'm confused
Good Morning.
grin
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by MizMyColi(f): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2015
MrDenygerian:

grin

I want to be sure it's........
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2015
MizMyColi:

I want to be sure it's........
I just want to squeeze your cheeks..
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by spanishkid(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2015
otil1:

Yes. I see the joy and comfort in you in using "they", since you feel it's only "them" that the issues raised concern. But you are so wrong.

Yes, speaking generally in Nigeria may be a less focused way of identifying issues, as opposed to people of the different regions pinpointing issues that affect them the most. But the issues in the article are hardly peculiar to Igbos. If the national conference which the westerners championed since the wake of current democratic dispensation in Obasanjo era becomes an exercise in futility, it is another win for the north against the entire south, not just Igbos.

The current downturn in the economy due to lack of focus, direction and policy thrust by the centre will not affect an Igbo any more than a Yoruba or itsekiri. The job losses and continually eroding employment prospects in entire Nigeria will affect all and sundry. Hunger, inflation and scarcity of essential commodity that will soon follow the archaic foreign exchange control of GMB administration will not be an only Igbo affair.

Today, the menace of cattle rearers is an issue for Yoruba as it has been for Biroms, Tivs and Igalas, and of course, Igbos. Simply because the south is afraid to insist that herding should be banned in Nigeria, all in favour of the North.

I advise that we all pick the message in the write up and seek a better society that will work for all of us, or if impossible, we find political and non-violent means to exist as separate nations
I'm not against Nigeria dividing. I personally would love Nigeria to divide cos of the way things are going in this country. The way the igbos are going about it is wrong.
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by MizMyColi(f): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2015
MrDenygerian:

I just want to squeeze your cheeks..

There's one on my DP.
Don't just squeeze o
Eat it!grin

You ehnnn.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
Kastonkastroll:

Peace loving indeed. With all the hate your tribesmen spread across board everyday, I really don't see any love or peace in them. There is absolutely nothing peaceful about iboes.

You came to NL, Reads comment from Kids, You then conclude that A particular tribe is not peaceful.. I wonder wen people like una go get Sense.. What you see on NL doesn't represent d mind of 80% of the tribe you just said they ain't People..
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
spanishkid:
I'm not against Nigeria dividing. I personally would love Nigeria to divide cos of the way things are going in this country. The way the igbos are going about it is wrong.

hehehehe bro calm down.. your hate speech is just too much this period..

Hw muclaro na ? his he still doing his master ?
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
Obiagelli:
The editor for vanguard should be ashamed of himself.
Probably sacked too,along with the HR toads who hire these dime-a-dozen half-baked journalists.
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by spanishkid(m): 4:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Goodboiyy:

hehehehe bro calm down.. your hate speech is just too much this period..

Hw muclaro na ? his he still doing his master ?
hahahhaa. Bros I'm nt like that. Just that these goat fuckkers called igbos keep asking for it. He's fine. We spoke last wk. He will be rounding up very soon. Before month end.
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by biafranqueen: 6:01am On Oct 06, 2015
MrDenygerian:

Being Igbo is not all about bearing an Igbo name. Anyone who holds onto the aforementioned ideals is a friend of the Igbos.

The current crop of Igbo leaders do not represent the Biafran interest. They are just a set of visionless and myopic individuals, stoking the flames of tribal hatred after losing their 'connections' to Abuja.

What did 16 years of unmatched loyalty to PDP gain us? Nothing. Not even VP. Not even a second Niger Bridge.
Have Ohanaeze or Massob built any schools in the SE? What are their achievements despite being close to power since democracy?

I support the calls for an independent Igbo nation. I know it's only a matter of time before we achieve that. But we must reform our leaders so the Igbo nation isn't crippled by evil amd greedy men before it has a chance to find its feet. The politics of 2015 demands intellect, wisdom and tact. Unfortunately, Igbos continue to make political decisions based on sentiments, and continue to suffer the consequences; the PDP has zoned the 2019 presidential ticket to the North, where is the 'outrage'?.

Yes, we lost the civil war. Stop crying about that. The truth is no one cares. Let me agree for a second that Nigerians are anti-Igbo. Is that the reason Igbo youths are into drug peddling? Is that the reason most of our HRH's have moved to Lagos to avoid being kidnapped? Is that enough reason for the proliferation of baby factories in the SE? Is that the reason why Seasterners only return home during Christmas? We build big mansions back home that are only occupied during the final weeks of the year.

Good morning.
What you said about mansions in the village I am sure you have read me bashing our people about it. If you are familiar with my stance on building industries and business in Igboland you will know you are preaching to the choir. But to say baby factory and drug peddling is an Igbo thing is a big insult. How many of us do that 0.1% if even. I don't know one drug pusher or baby factory owner. My people in Nnewi are industrious people as our my Enugu and Imo friends so not sure where you got that. As for the rest I will agree. But when it comes to APC and Buhari time will show you all that I can say in this post, My Dear you have seen nothing yet, they will show you pepper soon enough.....

1 Like

Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
biafranqueen:
What you said about mansions in the village I am sure you have read me bashing our people about it. If you are familiar with my stance on building industries and business in Igboland you will know you are preaching to the choir. But to say baby factory and drug peddling is an Igbo thing is a big insult. How many of us do that 0.1% if even. I don't know one drug pusher or baby factory owner. My people in Nnewi are industrious people as our my Enugu and Imo friends so not sure where you got that. As for the rest I will agree. But when it comes to APC and Buhari time will show you all that I can say in this post, My Dear you have seen nothing yet, they will show you pepper soon enough.....
Ogadinma.
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by otil1: 3:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
spanishkid:
1. I'm not against Nigeria dividing. I personally would love Nigeria to divide cos of the way things are going in this country.

2.The way the igbos are going about it is wrong.

To 1. Above, I say, excellent! and, thank you!

To 2., just provide your view and your suggestion on why you believe the "way" is wrong

1 Like

Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by TruthisGOD: 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2015
spanishkid:
And the way bokoharam tribe is going abt it isn't wrong?
Re: Weep Not Ndigbo:- Vanguardngr by ayobabas: 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
foxe:
Haba mallam. am not the one that wrote the article. you're so much filled with bile and hatred that you can't even read the article and the source.. awu gambia

I am not filled with hatred but anger directed at the original author for any human who played cheap politics with the lives of almost 300 innocent girls on the pages of internet. You thought I did not read the article and I started shooting from the hip?

Tell me if you were a parent, a sister, a brother, an uncle or a well-meaning human being, never mind a Nigerian, if you would not have reacted negatively at that article? That is not the same as being filled with bile and hatred.

Rather than taking it on the chin, you had the bile to insult me too. I will let it slide

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ongoing Road Construction At Owerre Road Aba / Obiano And Wike Are The Best Performing Governors In Nigeria / #imoreun: APC Sweep Polls, As INEC Declares Uwajumogu Senator Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.