Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? (2518 Views)

Photo: If She Ask What This Is Used For, Cancel The Wedding / The Wedding Night Sex - Naija Romance Stories / Should She Cancel The Marriage Plans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by Treetop20(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2009
you cannot break up with her
and not expect her to feel hurt
even you will be hurt as well.
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2009
My dear dont ever dream of going into that marriage.You see i want youto analyse something here. I love that lady .why?Becos she is not a pretender.Some ladies will hide their tru colour but as soon a sthe enter ur house,you will see the real them.This is the mistske most pple make in marriage.They see that they cannot cope with some attitudes in their partner but they try to pretend as if they dont see it .By the time it begins to backfire ,they start to blame the partner whereas they were supposed to back out earlier.
Dont try to sit her down or anything.am telling you that she will listen to every damn thing u ve got to say and she will promise you heaven and earth taht she will change and even withdraw the lists from you amd burn it.But let me tell you that she is only trying to save her self from heart and emotional break down.
She will become worst[pardon my english}as soon as u hang that ring on her finger.
My brother,listen to ur parents cos the have what it takes to tell you the best for you.They have the experience u have not got.
Try and pray on ur own as well cos i dont know the kinda pasto they consulted but i believe ur parents have seen well more than the pastor since he doesnt stay with you or know the lady.
Finally,dont be carried away becos of the money and the career she has.Or is this the reason you are in love with her.And who knows maybe this is her reason for contrlling you since she is the one that takes care of you[if am wrong,4giv e me]Discipline urself and dont look at her wealth.
My advice is to shif the date of the wedding and start misbehaving.Tell her you want to reconsider some things.She might be angry but stand on ur ground cos u r still the man here.
BE AND ACT LIKE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.you are going to be the head on day .Dont let any woman take ur position under ur own roof.
Many words cant fill a basket.A word is enuf 4 the wise brada!!!!!!!
All the best.
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by akaa(f): 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2009
sit her down and talk some sense into her, tell her that she have know right as wife to be to tell you the pple you will associate with or not, and if she try such again that you will call it a quit. then postpone the marriage issue so that you will know if she will change.
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by SlyBen: 4:52pm On Apr 24, 2009
The Original thread was "Was Asked to Quit Few Weeks to Marriage".
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by teissys(f): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2009
My advise is a summary of all the above comments. . . wink
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by Igwe9(m): 9:49am On Apr 25, 2009
Find a different reason (of which you know nobody can proffer solution to) to defer the wedding. Use the  time to sort  thing out with her.
You can make up any story you can even arrange with a doctor to come out with genotype test result of ''SS'', if God is by your side she might be ''AS'' grin grin
cheers!
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by ladybam(f): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2009
Treetop20:

you cannot break up with her
and not expect her to feel hurt
even you will be hurt as well.

abi.
any way. she wil stil be hurt
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by finemocha(f): 4:21am On Apr 27, 2009
hmmmm
this is a very very very tough situation u are in. clearly u really really love your fiance and arent ready to leave her. i actually tihnk i remember that topic ur friend posted on line. well just pray about it. maybe the reason y she is soo upset is because of the way ur family treated her. So maybe they kind of created a monster, and now u have to deal with her. i will just advice u that in ur next relationship u have to be a very very strong man, let ur family know that u make the decisions in your future, so thay way their opinions dont mess up ur relationships.
Good luck
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by Nwamama1: 3:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
My advice is this,

If you really luv her THEN go ahead with your marriage but before then let her know you are the man of the house " YOU GIVE ORDERS NOT HER" She must be submissive to you and NOT TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WITH YOU FRIENDS AND FAMILY period.

Dear Be a MAN OF ACTION.

Wishing u a successful marriage.
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by sexy74(m): 3:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ poster

do you want to live happily ever after or sadly aways

she cant come and rule your life for you.

the people she said that you should not associate with, you have known them

befor you ever met her.

call off the wedding if you want to be happy and pray for a better woman next time

you should know that if you give in now, you have fallen a mugu and will remain un-happy.

best wishes
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by wellscon: 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
@Poster,

Listen to this advice:RUN RUN RUN RUN for your life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95% of problems in marriages actually started during courtships but the concerned parties chosed to ignore it.

In my opinion, God has warned you through his servant, Your mother too has warned you.Who else do you want to warn you? You want God to come down by himself? Now, you are begining to see signs, Pls, do the right thing and quit this r/ship.A broken r/ship is better than a broken home.Marriage is for life!

As they say, 'Love is blind' but i believe marriage will open your eyes, Don't wait to be taught a bitter lesson bro, Cheers!
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by AVISENNA: 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2011
My dear friend a broken wedding is better than a broken marriage . On the other hand if you know you want her as your true lovely and wedded wife , i would encourage you to put yourfoot down and call a spade a spade. You have to be firm and tell her about the things you resent about her. If you think you might be able to handle her in your matrimonial home :think again.She would chase everbody around with a loaded weapon. Don't pretend with women or a woman , let them know your disposition about a lot of things.
Take care.
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by bknight: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2011
temper is such a terrible thing. the urge to be in control is bad in itself. imagine the thought of her relinquishing power to you after the marriage? quite unlikely. power intoxicates and no sane person wants to hand over power willingly. besides, i was wondering how fast women (who are not bossy and ambitious) rise to top of any company at 26?
i think that when you are in control in a relationship, if even she cheats, you can take decisions. a cheating partner is better than a temper-prone bossy girlfriend,  let alone a wife, hope akaodo (pestle) will not become kpankere 4 u tongue
(no preaching tho) even the bible says something to men as per a woman with temper,  i hope she's never even slapped or dared to hit u in anyway wink or outrightly beaten u up  lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Cancel The Wedding Or Not? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2011
well you know the problem already
remember what you cannot tolerate in courtship you can,t tolerate in marriage either
deal with it before getting married or get the hell outta there.
finito

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Cousin Is Inlove With Me! / To Every Nigerian Lady / Who Is A Real Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.