Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? (930 Views)

Did God Realy Killed Innocent People As Claim By Atheist? / Should We Pray Before And After Intercourse? / Do U Pray Before Eating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by banom(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2009
When people want to embark on a journey, they pray that God should protect them, yet atimes, after praying,some people will still have accident on their way and die,

In the other way, some others will not pray at all and they will go and come back succesfuly,

With that in mind, do we realy need to pray before traveling ? What is the essnce of a prayer that will not work ?.
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by manmustwac(m): 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2009
Prayer is nothing but superstition. A safe journey should never depend on words prayers. It should depend on a good driver and a car in good working condition.
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by mazaje(m): 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2009
manmustwac:

Prayer is nothing but superstition. A safe journey should never depend on words prayers. It should depend on a good driver and a car in good working condition.

you forgot to add good roads and good weather. . . . .
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by sherifatou: 3:35am On Apr 23, 2009
if you believe in prayer, pray.

if you dont feel its necessary, dont pray.

God makes rain fall on both the saint and the sinner.

When your time is up, its up and if it isnt, then it isnt.
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by philip0906(m): 12:14am On Apr 25, 2009
@ manmustwac
Prayer is nothing but superstition. A safe journey should never depend on words prayers. It should depend on a good driver and a car in good working condition
illiterate!even if u r an atheist.i cee b'cos u live in england means u have 4gotten God.mind u this is a religious column.even the poster sef get problem 4 head.
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by Badriyyah(f): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2009
I pray before I travel, It's something i've been doing for a long time. If death comes on my journey, then so be it.
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by tundemario: 8:21am On Apr 25, 2009
hi babe
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by manmustwac(m): 8:42pm On May 15, 2009
philip0906:

@ manmustwac
illiterate!even if u r an atheist.i cee b'cos u live in england means u have 4gotten God.mind u this is a religious column.even the poster sef get problem 4 head.
God only exists in your imagination
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by bawomolo(m): 9:10pm On May 15, 2009
you don't have to but if prayer makes you feel better then go ahead
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by JPot: 10:22pm On May 15, 2009
Prayer increases your chances of staying alive and well.

It doesn't guarantee that you'll have a shielded life.

Its like abstaining from drinking and driving. It doesn't guarantee that you'll stay alive. But your definitely much safer when you don't drink before driving.
Re: Do We Realy Need To Pray Before Traveling ? by Gadols(f): 11:50am On May 18, 2009
If you truly know what prayer is, you wont be asking this
ignorant and wrong question. Read Ps 91 for an anwer.

(1) (Reply)

Need For Anointed Water By Tb Joshua: Chronic Illness / The Bible And The Promotion Of Torture / The emptiness of prosperity gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.