Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! (13877 Views)

Poll: Opinion poll: who wins the Ekiti rerun election?

Fayemi (AC): 82% (14 votes)
Segun Oni (PDP): 17% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola, Segun Oni, Amaechi, Ezekwesili, Danbazzau May Make Buhari’s Cabinet. / Do You Think Segun Oni Really Deserves This Kind Of Insult From Governor Fayose? / APC Wins First Election In Kwara State!!! PDP declared instead!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by IFELEKE(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2009
BREAKING NEWS!
InspectorGeneral of Police Okiro declares Ekiti REC Ayoka Adebayo wanted to come and substantiate her allegations of results fixing

http://twitter.com/ekitirr
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2009
IFELEKE:

BREAKING NEWS!
InspectorGeneral of Police Okiro declares Ekiti REC Ayoka Adebayo wanted to come and substantiate her allegations of results fixing
If this is true, this is amazing news!!!
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by blacksta(m): 7:08pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If this is true, this is amazing news!!!

i am sure this ploy to turn everything on the poor womans head . she will be forced to retract her statement.
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by blacksta(m): 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2009
IFELEKE:

BREAKING NEWS!

who is soruce of this twitter
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2009
blacksta:

i am sure this ploy to turn everything on the poor womans head . she will be forced to retract her statement.

Oh boy!! lol

Are you saying that it is not possible that she made up the claim? I mean reports show that there were AC and PDP thugs present during this election. Even AC is calling on her to stand up and speak up, but you want to believe the police calling her in is a ploy?
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by blacksta(m): 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2009
well - the state apparatus have been embarrassed by the resignation of this woman as it rarely happens in Nigeria. I am guessing the state has to rewrite the script .
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by ikeyman00(m): 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2009
too much ikokori can bring katakata for dat place
lipsrsealed
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Kobojunkie: 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2009
blacksta:

well - the state apparatus have been embarrassed by the resignation of this woman as it rarely happens in Nigeria. I am guessing the state has to rewrite the script .

Well, the more reason why we need to know the actual details of her resignation. If she truly claims information was falsified, she at least should be willing to show proof. She not only owes this to the Ekiti people but to Nigerians as a whole. She could have simply resigned because she was incapable of handling the heat in this. Mind you we know of thugs from both sides, we do not know which side supposedly threatened her, as some claim . What we are doing is assuming PDP did it because right now it seems easier to believe that.
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by yicob(m): 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2009
Damn ! This is getting crazy. Nothing seems to be working in this country. Why cant the woman resign when she knew she would be the REC for this rerun? Or did she think it would be a butter and bread election. Shes been dining and wining with pdp for years, so she should be conversant with their hanky panky. Let's her come on air and tell the world what she saw that we didnt see.
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Jairzinho(m): 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, the more reason why we need to know the actual details of her resignation. If she truly claims information was falsified, she at least should be willing to show proof. She not only owes this to the Ekiti people but to Nigerians as a whole. She could have simply resigned because she was incapable of handling the heat in this. Mind you we know of thugs from both sides, we do not know which side supposedly threatened her, as some claim . What we are doing is assuming PDP did it because right now it seems easier to believe that.
Are you not a Nigerian? Who will she supply the proof to? Nigerian Police shocked shocked shocked

The same Nigerian police that will kill innocent people and say they were armed robbers?

You must be kidding youself. The woman had better remain in hding,I suspect she'll be involved in a 'car crash' on her way to the police station. She'd better run for dear life !!!

Just my 2 cents .
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2009
Jairzinho:

Are you not a Nigerian? Who will she supply the proof to? Nigerian Police shocked shocked shocked

The same Nigerian police that will kill innocent people and say they were armed robbers?

You must be kidding youself. The woman had better remain in hding,I suspect she'll be involved in a 'car crash' on her way to the police station. She'd better run for dear life !!!

Just my 2 cents .

Yes oooo!!! The only people she can show her proof to is the Nigerian police. No, contacting the media, with what she claims to knows, is not an option. No! in Nigeria there are definitely no ways to do good. The only way to get anything done is to resign and take what you CLAIM to know to the grave with you. How Nigerian of you to point that out.

In fact, AC party, and every other group out there calling for her to speak out are not Nigerians at all. They are not because in your Nigeria, the only way to deal is to make claims you have no plans of substantiating, resign and run. You must be proud of your 2 cents there, my man!!! grin
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by yicob(m): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2009
We need Agogo eewo and Saworo ide in this country
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Jairzinho(m): 8:55pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Yes oooo!!! The only people she can show her proof to is the Nigerian police. No, contacting the media, with what she claims to knows, is not an option. No! in Nigeria there are definitely no ways to do good. The only way to get anything done is to resign and take what you CLAIM to know to the grave with you. How Nigerian of you to point that out.

In fact, AC party, and every other group out there calling for her to speak out are not Nigerians at all. They are not because in your Nigeria, the only way to deal is to make claims you have no plans of substantiating, resign and run. You must be proud of your 2 cents there, my man!!!  grin

You think this is ohio ? I can gurantee the woman will be shot if she ventures near the media,please stop all these rational way of looking at things. THIS IS NIGERIA !

Where i the world will the president be meetig electoral officials on conduct of elections in a local govt?

She has 2 options, 1. Remain in hiding or 2 Escape to Europe via Ammassoma via cameroun grin
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by bawomolo(m): 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2009
Jairzinho:

You think this is ohio ? I can gurantee the woman will be shot if she ventures near the media,please stop all these rational way of looking at things. THIS IS NIGERIA !

Where i the world will the president be meetig electoral officials on conduct of elections in a local govt?

She has 2 options, 1. Remain in hiding or 2 Escape to Europe via Ammassoma via cameroun grin

or she can always publish a book 15 years after grin
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2009
Jairzinho:

Yes, in Nigeria no one can ever step up to do the right thing because all things rational are prohibited. Sahara Report was able to get a copy of her resignation letter, but it is irrational to suggest that she forward the evidence she has for the fraud to the same organization or any other before resigning.
I mean now that she has resigned, will she ever make public what she knows or will she, out of fear claim that for fear of her life the most reasonable thing to do would be to go to her grave with it?  Or let me guess, she could not make the details public as part of INEC for fear of her life but that fear will disappear as soon as she resigns?
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by debosky(m): 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

In fact, AC party, and every other group out there calling for her to speak out are not Nigerians at all. They are not because in your Nigeria, the only way to deal is to make claims you have no plans of substantiating, resign and run. You must be proud of your 2 cents there, my man!!!  grin

If she did not contact the media, how did we know that she is not sick and that was simply a ruse by the INEC chairs? How did we learn she was under pressure if she did not talk to the media? What is the point of making these idiotic statements of yours?

She should speak out, but I cannot make a decision for her regarding her personal safety - people have been killed or family members maimed for much less. She has taken the honourable path to refuse to be a part of the subversion of the will of the people.

We shall see whether she speaks or not.
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2009
bawomolo:

or she can always publish a book 15 years after grin

Yeah!!! so, we wait 15 years to know the truth of this weeks elections. BRILLIANT!!

hhmmm,  she is already 74 though, does she have 15 more years!! lol
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by debosky(m): 9:04pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Yes, in Nigeria no one can ever step up to do the right thing because all things rational are prohibited. Sahara Report was able to get a copy of her resignation letter, but it is irrational to suggest that she forward the evidence she has for the fraud to the same organization or any other before resigning.
I mean now that she has resigned, will she ever make public what she knows or will she, out of fear claim that for fear of her life the most reasonable thing to do would be to go to her grave with it?  Or let me guess, she could not make the details public as part of INEC for fear of her life but that fear will disappear as soon as she resigns?

Can you just shut up for a minute? Are you under the pressure she is feeling or what threats that could have been made against her family? What gives you the right to get on your judgmental horse? Who says information has not been forwarded? Who says she hasn't done anything? You sit there making ridiculous assertions that she has not done the right thing.

She has taken a first honourable step and they cannot threaten her with the sack, she will have time to consider her next line of action, that is if she hasn't released information already.
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Remii(m): 9:34pm On Apr 28, 2009
yicob:

We need Agogo eewo and Saworo ide in this country

NO! we need Ghana's Jerry J Rawling's method, bar beach show for all the Vagabonds In Power.
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by lucabrasi(m): 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2009
oh dear,attention deficit disorder,
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by yicob(m): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2009
@ Remii, what happened in Ghana wont work for us because these thieves have moles and informants everywhere. They will be hinted before project initiation cum execution. This will afford them the chance to travel to a place where they cant be nailed. How do we even plan to round them up? Invite them for a gather-to-together? Only God knows how many times Babangida rejected such offers. WE NEED A REVOLUTION, though that of Ghana wont just work. Our politicians are fucking sharp chaps. They need to be pilloried !
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by mingiix: 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2009
@ kobojunkie, I would have thought that Bawomolo's sarcasm would be quite obvious to you considering your "passion" on this ekiti saga.
To spell it out. He was making jest of Mr INEC chairman's book 15yrs after June 12. Does that ring a bell?

Quote from: bawomolo on Today at 08:58:26 PM
or she can always publish a book 15 years after

Yeah!!! so, we wait 15 years to know the truth of this weeks elections. BRILLIANT!!

hhmmm, she is already 74 though, does she have 15 more years!! lol
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by porka: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2009
folks, what does madam ayoka adebayo mean by "conscience". anybody with an explanation?
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Apr 28, 2009
mingiix:

@ kobojunkie, I would have thought that Bawomolo's sarcasm would be quite obvious to you considering your "passion" on this ekiti saga.
To spell it out. He was making jest of Mr INEC chairman's book 15yrs after June 12. Does that ring a bell
I did get what he was saying, just that I still do not find it funny that we may never really know what happened in this case, if one follows the way things go in that country.  

mingiix:

Quote from: bawomolo on Today at 08:58:26 PM
or she can always publish a book 15 years after

hhmmm, she is already 74 though, does she have 15 more years!! lol

But think of it, if she does write a memoir of some sort, would we have the truth or just her version of the truth by then?
Don’t confuse my passion on this topic with passion for the Ekiti people. I just wish we could, for once, get a real whistle blower and not the same old “THEY ARE BAD BUT I AM TOO AFRAID FOR MY LIFE TO TELL YOU WHAT REALLY HAPPENED” candidates we are used to settling for as heroes in that country!
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by yicob(m): 7:34am On Apr 29, 2009
Naija Area. . . . . .we need the colonial masters !
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Jairzinho(m): 10:00am On Apr 29, 2009
Koboko doesn't get it ! tongue
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Kobojunkie: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2009
Jairzinho:

Koboko doesn't get it ! tongue

I am sorry, I am not going to BLINDLY follow the majority, even in this case. There are holes here. I need answers or accept I will likely not see things as you do. Heck, I hope I never cause it is too illogical(NIGERIAN) for my mind to accept!! grin grin
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by debosky(m): 11:52am On Apr 29, 2009
You won't BLINDLY follow the majority, you will simply BLINDLY insist on your narrow view of what actions by her can be regarded as evidence of integrity - the exact moment she should speak up to satisfy 'Nigerians', while ignoring whatever personal hazards and risks this could mean to her.

Unless she has evidence in the form of tapes of the conversations used to threaten her, it will be her word against theirs. Fighting the Federal Government and all the organs of power at their disposal leaves a very slim margin for success, but I wish her well - she will need all her 74 years of experience to weather this storm.

Already her resignation is being termed as being "from all indications to undermine and discredit the government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, especially in its effort to build a credible democratic system in the country."
by the erstwhile people's favourite Akunyili.

What is illogical in realising that the FG will come at you with all they've got if you are seen to embarrass them? Have we not seen Ribadu's example?
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by fyneguy: 2:59pm On Apr 29, 2009
@Debosky

If you ever followed kobojunkie's posts on threads, you wouldn't bother responding to her usually narrow and off-point posts.
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by lightofjoy(m): 5:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
Am suprise why the DP powers are oppressing the whole state when everybody have rejected them. The should go back and reorganised there chartered party. That's how they failed in Ondo state likewise Edo state, Let they go, they are bunch of failure and have nothing to deliever. You can see whats happening in Lagos State and compare it, We are not after party but after who can deliever,
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by yicob(m): 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
Adebayo (REC) denies resignation; on her to Abuja to meet the I.G and INEC officials.
As if I knew all these would happen. Fi di fi is on the track of being declare the winner of the election. I said on a similar thread a week b4 d rerun that its either pdp wins desperately or make it void. AC should go and prepare for 2011.
Re: Update on the Ekiti Rerun Election: Segun Oni (PDP) declared Winner ! by Jairzinho(m): 6:55pm On Apr 29, 2009
fyneguy:

@Debosky

If you ever followed kobojunkie's posts on threads, you wouldn't bother responding to her usually narrow and off-point posts.

Koboko na babe? *that explains it,show me a US based nigerian lady that understands politics & . . . . . . . . , *  lipsrsealed

yicob:

Adebayo (REC) denies resignation; on her to Abuja to meet the I.G and INEC officials.
As if I knew all these would happen. Fi di fi is on the track of being declare the winner of the election. I said on a similar thread a week b4 d rerun that its either pdp wins desperately or make it void. AC should go and prepare for 2011.

You may not be far from the truth,its the brazeness that trips me,na wa !  cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FRSC Considers Relocation Over LASTMA, Driver Clash, LG Counts Losses / Nigeria Customs Service Gets New Comptroller General Of Customs / Fashola Not The Best Governor –PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.