Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This (2361 Views)

The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? / The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" / Question :what Would You Do If You Were This Guy(see What Happened) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by ultravires(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2015
Na so i went for this interview yesterday o and after series of questioning, the interviewer asked a bombshell of a question that cut me unprepared. the question goes thus: "If you were an animal, which one would you like to be and why?"

After some seconds i came up with the response:"a worker ant: diligent in its duties, tireless worker, takes risks and makes sure it finishes its job before time for storage comes".

if you were in my shoe, how would you have answered the question? Let's see the best answers.

1 Like

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
ultravires:
Na so i went for this interview yesterday o and after series of questioning, the interviewer asked a bombshell of a question that cut me unprepared. the question goes thus: "If you were an animal, which one would you like to be and why?"

After some seconds i came up with the response:"a worker ant: diligent in its duties, tireless worker, takes risks and makes sure it finishes its job before time for storage comes".

if you were in my shoe, how would you have answered the question? Let's see the best answers.

That is simple, a carmel,becos I can handle stress and endurance on difficult environment. Due to my height and size and difficult to over power and useful when the need arise and harmless to most other animal. You then relate it to the Job you apply to. Then you make a fun joke, I may not have a fine face but my nature say otherwise on what work load brings. Then you end with a smile.

5 Likes

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by INTROVERT(f): 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2015
grin
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2015
Octopus#They solve problem nd also v incredible abilities"
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Greyworld: 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
Sloth..........single sloth may be home to moths, beetles, cockroaches, ciliates, fungi, and algae.
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by ultravires(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
samokoduwa:

That is simple, a carmel,becos I can hand stress and endurance on difficult environment. Due to my height and size and difficult to over power and useful when the need arise and harmless to most other animal. You then relate it to the Job you apply to.

nice one bro..putting this in my archive ASAP
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
WeedSeller:
Octopus#They solve problem nd also v incredible abilities"

It not animal that can even disqualifier you, that you are not paying attention to detailed.

1 Like

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by VickyRotex(f): 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2015
LIONESS! cool

Da Boss!!! grin undecided
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
Greyworld:
Sloth

A what?? Reme it an interview don't use grammar that need them to wonder, cos you can even confess ur team member reme na interview so as much you want to act knowledgeable. Be simple, such question is what is being asked now when they know you are good n fine it had to see fault during your interview. Pls noted
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
VickyRotex:
LIONESS! cool

Da Boss!!! grin undecided

Then u become too bossy to ur coworker a sign of power hunger. It then pending if you are not applying for a top mgt if less abeg use any other
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2015
Greyworld:
Sloth..........single sloth may be home to moths, beetles, cockroaches, ciliates, fungi, and algae.

Lol..... Reme the question animal, u remind me of my first interview with zenith bank, I was chatting with all, I know I mess up I finally said, I know am the right person for the job" pls accept me" they all brust laf, till date I nor heard from zenith o, lol....

1 Like

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Greyworld: 5:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
samokoduwa:

A what?? Remember it 'san interview. don't use grammar that need them to wonder, cos you can even confess ur team member reme na interview so as much you want to act knowledgeable. Be simple, such question is what is being asked now when they know you are good n fine it had to see fault during your interview. Pls note

If the interviewer doesn't know what a Sloth is then I think I should interview whoever interviewed him/her before employment.
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by funkyglitz: 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
For me I tink it depends on the type of job and the responsibility if its an oil company and includes offshore wateva I wil prefer 2 be a fish...lolzzzzzz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2015
funkyglitz:
For me I tink it depends on the type of job and the responsibility if its an oil company and includes offshore wateva I wil prefer 2 be a fish...lolzzzzzz

Lol... Reme the question animal. U can't be a fish, if they let u slide n smile n ask why. Everyone love fish so with the weakness of fish apart to swim if catch on net then what, if carry to land then what happen? Reme they are testing you ability to think outside the box.
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
Greyworld:

If the interviewer doesn't know what a Sloth is then I think I should interview whoever interviewed him/her before employment.

Yes that wld have been nice but it you that is in the hot seat, n if I was I wld humble sorry I don't get explore my thot. Then you just did a knowledge bet with ur suppose top mgt. Then you better be smart how you handle situation from there. But if you got nothing to lose then dare them.
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by hexy40: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
I will be a higher animal(HUMAN) lol
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by DollyB(m): 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2015
There is not right answer or wrong answer to that kid of question.
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by yorex2011: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
An eagle, fast and detail oriented, a bird that in order to avoid the rain, flies above the clouds.
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
hexy40:
I will be a higher animal(HUMAN) lol

Lol.... that if human are animal, ... lol if mammals I for support. Lol but it a good logic sha..
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
DollyB:
There is not right answer or wrong answer to that kid of question.

I totally disagree, reme interview is not about passing or failing but getting to know if you can handle situation out the box. As far it asked in an interview, there is a prefer answer on rating an individual and a no no not qualified for the job. Such question are common these days. Is like saying tell me about your self, wld you say there is no right and wrong answer?
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2015
yorex2011:
An eagle, fast and detail oriented, a bird that in order to avoid the rain, flies above the clouds.

Lol...I have a feeling we are not detail on question animal. Bird is not an animal. Eagle fly above all bird but not above the clouds. So u wld rather avoid work load n give excuses than to work. The way you answer wld give an edge to the applicant or lose rating. Based on experience such question are asked when the applicant happen to be rated high n decision has to be made. But it a good choice sha...lol
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
samokoduwa:

I totally disagree, reme interview is not about passing or failing but getting to know if you can handle situation out the box. As far it asked in an interview, there is a prefer answer on rating an individual and a no no not qualified for the job. Such question are common these days. Is like saying tell me about your self, wld you say there is no right and wrong answer?
uhm...what does "reme" mean? You've used it in almost all your posts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
Human,......ntelligent, sympathetic, hardworking, smart and nimble, the human is an animal...
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Aseneshii: 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
Back in 2012, we were ask similar at assessment center of a multinational company. Draw an animal that represent your character and tell us why? 10 minutes, thank God I made it through.
ultravires:

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pelmet:
uhm...what does "reme" mean? You've used it in almost all your posts.
As in, i was about to ask him the same question. His posts are not even well constructed.

2 Likes

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2015
Thavybe:
As in, i was about to ask him the same question. His posts are not even well constructed.
it's pro'lly a slang like the Ghanaians say "charlie"...

1 Like

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2015
samokoduwa:

Yes that wld have been nice but it you that is in the hot seat, n if I was I wld humble sorry I don't get explore my thot. Then you just did a knowledge bet with ur suppose top mgt. Then you better be smart how you handle situation from there. But if you got nothing to lose then dare them.
samokoduwa:

Lol...I have a feeling we are not detail on question animal. Bird is not an animal. Eagle fly above all bird but not above the clouds. So u wld rather avoid work load n give excuses than to work. The way you answer wld give an edge to the applicant or lose rating. Based on experience such question are asked when the applicant happen to be rated high n decision has to be made. But it a good choice sha...lol
samokoduwa:

samokoduwa:

A what?? Reme it an interview don't use grammar that need them to wonder, cos you can even confess ur team member reme na interview so as much you want to act knowledgeable. Be simple, such question is what is being asked now when they know you are good n fine it had to see fault during your interview. Pls noted
Anyone understands what this guy has been yapping since morning? undecided
I don read, un-read and re-read the guy post, I couldn't understand nothing. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by ggirl4real: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Anyone understands what this guy has been yapping since morning? undecided
I don read, un-read and re-read the guy post, I couldn't understand nothing. embarassed

Lmao

Me sef dey confuse for here!!!

Reme ko Remi ni, Na Brazilian hair (on a lighter note)

1 Like

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 7:00am On Oct 07, 2015
ggirl4real:

Lmao

Me sef dey confuse for here!!!

Reme ko Remi ni, Na Brazilian hair (on a lighter note)

Lol... then a pity do have a great day. I rest my case.
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2015
Lolzzzzz....i don laugh my teeth commot. Nairalander Una bad ooo

Person cum help Una post interview question Una yab am

Btw I think "reme" is "remember'' am jst guessing ooo

2 Likes

Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by samokoduwa(m): 8:39am On Oct 07, 2015
avasweet:
Lolzzzzz....i don laugh my teeth commot. Nairalander Una bad ooo

Person cum help Una post interview question Una yab am

Btw I think "reme" is "remember'' am jst guessing ooo

Lol... u are right, I think being a nairalander is plus, cos you get to meet all kind of people, and test your maturity when being yap, it cool. That what make us 9ja so unique. I hail Nairalander BTIME.
Re: Awkward Job Interview Question:what Is The Best Answer For This by Chimarto: 9:28am On Oct 07, 2015
Rabbit: The animal don't consume only but conserve for future purpose by storing his food/stock, when there is no more food in the bush especially during hamathan, he will start consuming the one he stored. This implies that there is EXCESS DEMAND.

In another hand , once the Rabbit is inside he will block the hole to avoid other animals from entering his hole. This mean product security and chasing out potential competitors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Offer NPF And CBN / Massive Recruitment At Securishield Nigeria: 6 Positions / Job At A Dairy Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.