Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? (1282 Views)

Man Jumps Out Of Hospital Bed, Chases Girlfriend For Taking His Phone In US / How To Introduce My Foreign Girlfriend To My Parents. Any Advice??? / How To Permanently Stop Masturbation (lessons From An Ex-chronic Masturbator) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 3:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Hi guys,

smiley
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by Blakjewelry(m): 4:10am On Oct 07, 2015
Well some how here in naija there is adage that says old firewood na em dey catch pass. Meaning it is an old wood that light up more. What am trying to say is, the guy is gone get over him, there a lot cute good guys out there probably admiring you. Go get yourself good man

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by Nobody: 4:18am On Oct 07, 2015
HELLO LADIES, MY NAME IS MFON I HAVE VERY AFFORDABLE VIRGIN HAIR OF ALL ORGINS: BRAZILIAN, INDIAN, PERUVIAN, RUSSIAN, MONGOLIAN AND PLENTY MORE. I CAN DELIVER OR SHIP THE HAIR TO YOU. I HAVE A GREAT BUNDLE DEAL GOING ON RIGHT NOW STARTING AT 20K. PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR MORE INFO BBM: 5908E5FE THANK YOU
MFON
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by SeverusSnape(m): 4:52am On Oct 07, 2015
Maybe he just couldn't continue with the long distance relationship, furthermore, He didn't believe the relationship will yield any fruit, I think that was why he opted out.

Parents are also very influential in one's choice, his parents might have influenced him.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by valdes00(m): 4:56am On Oct 07, 2015
am certain the guys favourite quote is " The devil you know is better than the angel you don't knw "...
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 4:59am On Oct 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Maybe he just couldn't continue with the long distance relationship, furthermore, He didn't believe the relationship will yield any fruit, I think that was why he opted out.

Parents are also very influential in one's choice, his parents might have influenced him.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by SeverusSnape(m): 5:04am On Oct 07, 2015
solidade:

We had made plans of my visit and I had began processing my visa to visit him and we were going to meet each others family when I went to visit him. His parents passed away but his oldest brother knew about me. I can't think of anything that influenced him other than that he and his ex had made introductions before they had parted ways.
Hmmm...you may be right, That's very bad of him, anyways, The deed has been done, You just have to pull yourself together and move on.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 5:06am On Oct 07, 2015
valdes00:
am certain the guys favourite quote is " The devil you know is better than the angel you don't knw "...
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 07, 2015
solidade:
Hi guys,

I was in a long distance relationship with a man from Nigeria. I am from Kenya but I live in the USA. We were well, dandy and very happy together. This year in July, he told me about an issue that came up. Before me, he had been engaged to a girl. They had misunderstanding and he decided to let go of the relationship with the girl. Now in July she comes back begging him to please take her back that they can talk the issue over. Soon she involved both his and her family in the issue. Soon our communication becomes strained and complicated. He has to make a choice whether he's going to take her back. Ín September he told me he decided to go back to her because he cannot do anything about it that the girls family has taken control of everything. My question is why couldn't he tell his ex fiance that he was with me and end everything before the issue extended to family members? Also are there certain cultures and customs that could have influency his choice. Please help me understand. Thank you in advance.
Its because he never loved you like he loved her. All those while you guys were together he had his heart focused on her. He definitely is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 5:08am On Oct 07, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hmmm...you may be right, That's very bad of him, anyways, The deed has been done, You just have to pull yourself together and move on.

Yeah, I have accepted it and I respect his choice. I just want to know and understand why it happened so.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by NinaNigeria(f): 5:09am On Oct 07, 2015
Honey wat i have learnt abt nigerian men is dat wen wit a foreign lady, dey can love u and all dat, bt never ever trust dem, coz wen it comes to settling down, very few of dem can completely settle wit a foreigner. Dey always go back to deir home girls for dat. Dat is y most of de girls sometimes just date dem for fun, den u find dat u hurt someone who is innocent, bt nw he pays for his brother's faults. Babe be very careful wen dating naija men plz my sweet

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 5:11am On Oct 07, 2015
jcmaiah:

Its because he never loved you like he loved her. All those while you guys were together he had his heart focused on her. He definitely is not worth it.

He loved me. His fiance tells me he gets emotionally down whenever he speaks about me.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 5:12am On Oct 07, 2015
NinaNigeria:
Honey wat i have learnt abt nigerian men is dat wen wit a foreign lady, dey can love u and all dat, bt never ever trust dem, coz wen it comes to settling down, very few of dem can completely settle wit a foreigner. Dey always go back to deir home girls for dat. Dat is y most of de girls sometimes just date dem for fun, den u find dat u hurt someone who is innocent, bt nw he pays for his brother's faults. Babe be very careful wen dating naija men plz my sweet

Thanks dear, now I know.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 07, 2015
solidade:

He loved me. His fiance tells me he gets emotionally down whenever he speaks about me.
Hmm, is the lady a Nigerian?
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by passionate88: 6:24am On Oct 07, 2015
solidade:
Hi guys,

I was in a long distance relationship with a man from Nigeria. I am from Kenya but I live in the USA. We were well, dandy and very happy together. This year in July, he told me about an issue that came up. Before me, he had been engaged to a girl. They had misunderstanding and he decided to let go of the relationship with the girl. Now in July she comes back begging him to please take her back that they can talk the issue over. Soon she involved both his and her family in the issue. Soon our communication becomes strained and complicated. He has to make a choice whether he's going to take her back. Ín September he told me he decided to go back to her because he cannot do anything about it that the girls family has taken control of everything. My question is why couldn't he tell his ex fiance that he was with me and end everything before the issue extended to family members? Also are there certain cultures and customs that could have influency his choice. Please help me understand. Thank you in advance.
Confused
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by Spikkylee: 6:43am On Oct 07, 2015
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by gab264(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2015
solidade:
Hi guys,

Advice khiiiiiii!!
You be grateful to God that he was so truthful in his own days.
Why there are many men who will (go on) with the marriage here in Nigeria and still keep you as a concubine there in america.
Which will come with many uncertainties and lies.
Dear just brace up the challenge and move on,there are other guys out there that can make it up to you.
He still love his ex probably more than you and for the sake that his ex involve his parents he will sublime to the plea of his parents and thatz just it.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by fastguy10: 7:00am On Oct 07, 2015
PLs swt hrt grin 4get dat guy he is nt serious
Can u date me? grin I promise 2 settledown wt u when d time reach
U can also start coming now 2 see me I promise 2 take u 2 my mother

If u agree let me no

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by gab264(m): 7:02am On Oct 07, 2015
fastguy10:

If u agree let me no
gringringringrin
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 07, 2015
Wish them good luck & move on. They probably have more in common culturally, language-wise, history & so much more than you & him could ever have. It's no contest. I believe if he loved you enough though, that there's no force in this world that would make him leave you for her or anyone else. Consider it good riddance.

Did you know that a British king gave up his throne for the woman he loved? Yup, he did. Edward viii stepped down to be with Wallis Simpson when laws wouldn't allow a king to be with a divorcee. Now this nobody is giving you lame excuses when others have given up so much more to be with the ones they cherish the most. Puh!

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by macaranta(m): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2015
Well its probably an issue of cultural compatibility .Maybe he's just more compatible(in his head),with a Nigerian rather than a Kenyan.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
jcmaiah:

Hmm, is the lady a Nigerian?

Yes
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 12:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
@PunkyVeer: thankyou, you have spoken my thoughts exactly.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
solidade:
@PunkyVeer: thankyou

My pleasure, hun smiley
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by solidade: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
fastguy10:

If u agree let me no

Thank you for the offer but no thanks. I'm okay the way I am. Not looking so any thing.
Re: Why Would A Nigerian Man Leave A Foreign Girlfriend For An Ex-fiance? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
solidade:

Yes
I guessed as much. You have to move on girl, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

(1) (Reply)

7 Reasons You Should Stop Abusing Your Penis With Enlargement Pumps / I Dunno Of U, But As For Me.............. / Question Of The Day; Ladies What Will You Do? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.