Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Fashola, This Is Commendable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, This Is Commendable (1696 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / The Decision Of The Abia State Government To Build An Airport Is Commendable / GEJ Meets Sultan Over Christmas Day Bombings: A Commendable Move? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola, This Is Commendable by Ade0001(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2009
Fashola, this is commendable
By Our Reader
Published: Thursday, 23 Apr 2009

I paid my tax at First Bank, Surulere branch, using self assessment form last July. I did not receive my receipt until last week when I sent a text message to Governor Babatunde Fashola. When I saw his reply about an hour latter, I showed it to my wife who doubted that the governor could reply me personally. She thought that perhaps one of his aides sent the reply, until an hour later when I started receiving calls from different people – from the head of Alpha Beta, to the secretary, Internal Revenue, who all promised that my receipt would be sent as soon as possible. My tax card and receipt were sent to me two days after my text to the governor. For the first time in the history of Nigeria, we have a listening governor that anybody can communicate with. It’s unbelievable. I commend the governor. So, if you have a problem and you do not text the governor, don’t blame anybody.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2009042223435356

MAY GOD GIVE US MORE POLITICIANS LIKE FASHOLA
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by desgiezd(m): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2009
Ade0001:

MAY GOD GIVE US MORE POLITICIANS LIKE FASHOLA

[size=5pt]Amen[/size] + Amen + Amen + [size=13pt]Amen[/size] + [size=16pt]Amen[/size] = [size=22pt]AAAAAMMMMMEEEEENNNNN[/size]
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2009
Fashola for president!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Epiphany(m): 9:48am On Apr 23, 2009
Fashola seems to be doing very well. Lots of people have good things to say about him. Lets hope he can continue with the same momentum - and those with bad belle will not 'tarnish' his image while he is in office and especially when he leaves!

UP FASHOLA!!!!!
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Jakumo(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2009
This man Fashola has become a living legend in his own time, and in the most inspirational sense of the word.

There simply is NO other Nigerian leader, living or dead, who has even come close to matching the accomplishments of Lagos State Governor Fashola, and still, amazingly, the best is yet to come.

[center][size=18pt]Fashola for President of Nigeria 2011 [/size] [/center]
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by desgiezd(m): 11:45am On Apr 23, 2009
Jakumo:

[center][size=18pt]Fashola for President of Nigeria 2011 [/size] [/center]

@ Jakumo

No Sir, Lagos still needs Fashola for another glorious term, thereafter he could go for the presidency.

The man is simply unbeatable!!!

All other governors should come to Lagos with pens and jotters and learn how to govern and deliver, using the people's money for the good of the people.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by MrCrackles(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2009
Fashola is immense!

Thank God we have someone like him looking after the most difficult state to manage in Nigeria!
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by youngies(m): 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2009
Fashola seems to be the only elected Nigerian politician that can spell S E R V I C E   D E L I V E R Y

I have a personal experience, the man is focused.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by otokx(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2009
thank God for him
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by sherifatou: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2009
where are the detractors nah? Isnt this Nairaland again?

what's commendable about anything in Nigeria?
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2009
sherifatou:

take a chill pill ma'am. damn!

BTW, you sound familiar. are you Tpia by any chance?
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by blacksta(m): 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2009
sherifatou:

Their nothing to detract about this man. it is only fool that would speak against what these man has acheived in 2 yrs . I am sure if he were allowed the man would have showed the rest of Nigeria on how to build a power plant in 2 yrs
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Depilot(m): 6:51pm On Apr 23, 2009
The sad part is the fact that it doesn't take much to be a productive leader in Nigeria. Another job well done by Fashola.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by sherifatou: 6:55pm On Apr 23, 2009
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 23, 2009
tpia and tpia2 = sherifatou
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by proudly9ja(m): 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2009
Imagine getting a receipt for money YOU PAID is now big deal. While I commend Fashola for showing Lagosians and civil servants that these things are your rights and thus should not be a big deal, I must also mention that as Nigerians, we must know that this is our right! Not just receiving receipts or confirmation of payments, but also we have rights to quality education, quality health care, etc and any govt that is not committed to providing this is and irresponsible govt!

Judge for yourselves how many irresponsible govts at all levels we have in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by asha80(m): 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2009
Nigeria at all time low.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by ezeagu(m): 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2009
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by proudly9ja(m): 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2009
asha 80:

Nigeria at all time low.

I wish, I wish this was true because that would mean we cannot sink any further.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by RigorMort(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2009
Fashola is doing a great job!
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Afam4eva(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2009
Rigor Mort:

Fashola is doing a great job!
Yeah. . . he's doing what he was voted in to do, but since others that were voted to do the same thing aren't doing nothing then fashiom deserves to be commended big time.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by GoldCircle: 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2009
Meanwhile some bad belle Nigerians don't see anything good in this man, neither has he done anything good in Lagos! "the Lagos camera project is a waste of taxpayer's money", "the light rail project is doomed to fail", 'the Badagry tourist resort" is unachievable" !

Time again will only tell!

Kudos BRF!! Ride on. . .
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by RichyBlacK(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2009
GoldCircle:

Meanwhile some bad belle Nigerians don't see anything good in this man, neither has he done anything good in Lagos! "the Lagos camera project is a waste of taxpayer's money", "the light rail project is doomed to fail", 'the Badagry tourist resort" is unachievable" !

Time again will only tell!

Kudos BRF!! Ride on. . .

But Fashola should not trample on basic human rights to achieve his goals. Those that have been displaced because of these projects should be adequately compensated, after all that is how it is done in those countries he looks up to for inspiration.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Depilot(m): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2009
But Fashola should not trample on basic human rights to achieve his goals
As much as I hate your guts because you suck, I must agree with you on just this one.
Fashola seems to be a great leader, but he must cool himself down and try more to exemplify the right principles to achieve his goals.
I've heard that from time to time he tends not to pay attention to basic human rights when he's executing his operations.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2009
Why are all the sensible Governors in Opposition ?

Peter Obi APGA
Fashole AC
Babangida Aliyu ANPP
Oshiomole AC
Ikedi Ohakim PPA
Chibuike Amaechi (PDP on paper, AC in practice)
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by GoldCircle: 7:16am On Apr 24, 2009
mikeansy:

Peter Obi APGA
Fashole AC
Babangida Aliyu ANPP
Oshiomole AC
Ikedi Ohakim PPA

Oshiomole should be removed from this group 'cos he hasn't done nothing since he came into power! the Edo people are still waiting!
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by desgiezd(m): 9:27am On Apr 24, 2009
mikeansy:

Peter Obi APGA
Fashole AC
Babangida Aliyu ANPP
Oshiomole AC
Ikedi Ohakim PPA

Reason is that PDP has nothing to offer. They are a bunch of rogues.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2009
Fashola is the only sane politician in nigeria. All others are morons.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by ifyalways(f): 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2009
@Mikeansy,what has Peter Obi done for Anambra state
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by ikeyman00(m): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2009
osimole

im just waitin on him; cuz hmmm he better be real

obi well cant say yet; we are waitin on that, there are roads in construction now but hmm some aint done properly
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by Depilot(m): 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2009
@Mikeansy,what has Peter Obi done for Anambra state
Peter Obi uses his bribe money to feed his kids. I still can not believe that this fool has not been impeached.
Re: Fashola, This Is Commendable by ifyalways(f): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
which roads did Obi start constructing and have sucessfully finished them
which schools have the so-called PIT toilets of his
where are the computers that he was rumored to have bought
what have that man done for Anambra state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku’s Group Signifies A Return To Pdp! / Buhari Blasts Can President (ayo Oritsejafor) / "Non-interest Banking", Why Use That Frieghtful Aglorithme"Islamic Banking"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.