Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning (1200 Views)

Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings / Pics:Benin Palace Chiefs Break The Native Chalk As Mourning Continues 4 Late Oba / What Is Your Native Name And What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hey guys,,I went to Secondary School in a Berom area (Plateau State)..They r really cool, nice n welcoming people..I met this guy whose name is Adalvit,,we got along really well..One day I asked him what his name means n what he told me was both funny n shocking..Adalvit in the Berom language means 'better than none' in other words 'e better pass nothing' or simply put, 'half bread is better than none'...I laughed N told him that if my parents had given me that kind of name,,I would have disowned them the moment I knew what it meant.....Over to u guys..What names do u know that have both funny n annoying meanings?...

Cc Lalasticlala
Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by jaymejate: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mtchew, complete what u started na
Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by Joeace3000(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
Atutupoyoyo.....means pickin wey wowo but e mama like am grin

Meanwhile for those people who have no jobs, are tired of switching jobs or have no skill at all and want to develop skills that can fetch them money online as well as offline, here is my Nairaland thread where you can come in to learn how to get these skills and join fiverr and offer Hot, In-demand Services with those skills and make steady money monthly working from them. I will teach you how you can join fiverr.com and start making money right from your home today. There are very easy ways of making it through the internet, you just have to find the safest and surest way, and this one beckons. follow me now...The Nairaland Fiverr Free Training Thread
Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by tpiander: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
don't know of any.
Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by daxlasaint(m): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
Emetejokwo... Urhobo name meaning a girl child is still a human being...
Onajomo... this one sef na pikin...

1 Like

Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
daxlasaint:
Emetejokwo... Urhobo name meaning a girl child is still a human being...
Onajomo... this one sef na pikin...

dat second one na die.....if my papa give me dat kind name eh,,me n him go get serious beef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by daxlasaint(m): 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
KingEli:
dat second one na die.....if my papa give me dat kind name eh,,me n him go get serious beef

grin grin...

So many weird and annoying names in my ethnic group... omejero- my own still dey among... wen a woman has a child in a polygamous marriage to an old man
Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 08, 2015
daxlasaint:

grin grin...

So many weird and annoying names in my ethnic group... omejero- my own still dey among... wen a woman has a child in a polygamous marriage to an old man
hahahahahahahahaha......oboi,,Naija eh

2 Likes

Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by Angelou(m): 8:02am On Oct 08, 2015
IkuDaisi - death spared this one
esuBiyi - devil begat this
N.B: actually "Esu" was actually a trickster deity among the Yoruba pantheon of Gods in the olden days and was not viewed in the demonic way he is viewed now (that's what made people name their offsprings in reverence to him). The mistake all started when Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther interpreted the Christian "satan" as Esu, thats why he has been labelled as a nefarious rebel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPINION! The Native Name With The Funniest N Most Annoying Meaning by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Happy Thanksgiving Greetings Messages 2015 / Why Do Many Nigerians Have Tribal Hatred? / See Tribe Where A Mans Manhood Must Be Tested By Brides Family Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.