Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

What Does The Future Holds For The Nigerian Youths? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Future Holds For The Nigerian Youths? (917 Views)

Governor Wike Holds Umbrella For Goodluck Jonathan (Photo) / Prophecy: Buhari, Jonathan And David Cameron What The Future Holds For Them / Photo: Is This The Future Nigeria Holds For Igbos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Future Holds For The Nigerian Youths? by sunnyt1(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
I feel so elated to say I am boldly one of those microscopic percentage of the populace who were keen to see the back of PDP, not because I am an anti-Jonathan or a Pro-buhari, I am not a politician, I nurse no political interest or affiliation, but truth is, we couldn’t afford to allow things go on the way they were, and our wish was divinely granted. I might not be an ardent carrier of the “change” moniker, I don’t totally believe in a Nigerian politician regardless of race and creed, but it’s for our benefits that we try something different, which APC had promised.

The last thing we however expected is what had panned out since the APC Govt took over, the chief among which is the partial ministerial list that was recently released for consideration and screening by the National assembly. There is nothing heroic or exciting about the list, the same cluster of politicians who created the problems Nigeria is presently facing were forced down our throats again, the same old power recyling. These people were there when Nigeria got her independence in 1960, these people had held different public offices at various stages of our National existence, a certain strata of the names on this list has one allegation or the other to sort out with EFCC/ICPC. In other words, most of these people have contributed, in a way, to the mismanagement of national resources which has enveloped our desired development.

In 1979, Audu Ogbe was screened for a ministerial position by Olusola Saraki, 36 years later, his son Olubukola saraki is presiding over a screening process to consider Audu Ogbe for a ministerial post. The list provided by the president consists of 50 somethings and 60 somethings, as a matter of fact, only 2 to 3 people on the list hasn’t got grey hair yet. Does this mean as far as President Buhari and APC is concern, these are the only set of people who can get the job done? Does it mean 50+ is the coefficient for integrity in Nigeria? Does grey hair now translate to strength and prowess for National development?

It was the same scenario for the 2014 National confab delegate selection process, in which the youths were not deem fit to be factored in for the conference where their future is being discussed.

What does this mean for the youths? At the summit, in late 1950s, where the move was made by a certain Anthony Enahoro that Nigeria was ripe for independence, Obafemi Awolowo and Azikwe were the oldest in their late 40s, others, such as Ojukwu, Okpara, Tafawa Balewa, among others were in their late 20s and 30s. These set of individuals decided and carved out a country called Nigeria, Why then had the current elders refused to allow the next generation take over the mantle of leadership? El-rufai once said, in 1985 when he was in secondary school, General Buhari was the president, in 2015 when he is the Governor of Kaduna state, Buhari is still the president of Nigeria. How do you convince someone who got jailed in Jamaica in 1985 but was just released today that Buhari has not done a Gadaffi? This body language by the elders doesn’t bode well for the youths, how long do we have to wait to be involved in our future?
Re: What Does The Future Holds For The Nigerian Youths? by divinehand2003(m): 11:02pm On Oct 07, 2015
Absolutely nothing for the generation of faithless youths. Only the violent taketh it by force says the holy book. Life is Nigeria is short and brutish but we shall survive if we only believe.
Re: What Does The Future Holds For The Nigerian Youths? by ojeota(f): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
E go better

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari / Photos : See Prove The Jet Being Use By Customs Boss Hameed Ali,belongs To NCS. / An Open Letter To Nyesome Wike By Sir Ikenda Clinton Elechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.