Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Delta Igbos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbos (4061 Views)

Delta Igbos / Delta Igbos In Delta State / I See More Delta Igbos Claim To Be Igbo Than Ikwerre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbos by tonychristopher: 7:08am On Oct 15, 2015
DiamonJ:
Ukwuani bu ani eze, igbos are not worth d stress, all they knw is culture,

Ifugo ha ...obia

Efulefu melu nkari na ukwuani

Odiegwu
Re: Delta Igbos by Ladywest: 7:05pm On Oct 15, 2015
I am from Anambra married to a Delta ibo guy in fact we dated for 5yrs and married last year. We are so happy , in love and believe that we are meant for each other. His family are not perfect neither are mine but they are lovely.
We have had very serious challenges before and after we got married but the way we handle everything and still find ourselves back together, supporting each other strongly is a sign that God is truly involved in our union.

Where ever you are married to just pray for God to give your own husband/wife, always pray for your inlaws even if they have funny or mixed feelings about you
,be yourself do not pretend, finally accept your inlaws and treat them the way you will treat and accept your siblings.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
Afrobeau:

Anyway.... the main point for my question is just that I wanted to get a quick glimpse into their lifestyle and the info that I got here, no matter how vague, was still helpful... I was concerned that if they see Igbos differently, I might not be very welcome by his people.. not his immediate family though since they like me... I don't know when next I'll visit Nigeria so, any tip is helpful to me. Thanks Milychocs

You are welcome girl...and good luck to you
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Afrobeau: 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ladywest:
I am from Anambra married to a Delta ibo guy in fact we dated for 5yrs and married last year. We are so happy , in love and believe that we are meant for each other. His family are not perfect neither are mine but they are lovely.
We have had very serious challenges before and after we got married but the way we handle everything and still find ourselves back together, supporting each other strongly is a sign that God is truly involved in our union.

Where ever you are married to just pray for God to give your own husband/wife, always pray for your inlaws even if they have funny or mixed feelings about you
,be yourself do not pretend, finally accept your inlaws and treat them the way you will treat and accept your siblings.
Thanks dearie!! your response is straight to the point and encouraging at the same time. I wish you happiness in your marriage.
Re: Delta Igbos by Igbunu4: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
DiamonJ:
U should be happy that a delta igbo found wicked igbos as girlfrnd not to talk of marriage, d reverse should be d case, that can a hardworking, accomodating and blessed delta igbo survive being with and igbós gỉrlfnd, not to talk of having igbo's as wife or wicked inlaw's, igbo's are d wicked boyfnd or girlfrnd any other tribes can think of settling down with,u can plan with them, bcoz they will choose money over u, living u not knwing where u stand, mostly abia and imo, i HATE them with passion
Just hear yourself

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by RedboneSmith(m): 11:23pm On Nov 29, 2016
DiamonJ:
U should be happy that a delta igbo found wicked igbos as girlfrnd not to talk of marriage, d reverse should be d case, that can a hardworking, accomodating and blessed delta igbo survive being with and igbós gỉrlfnd, not to talk of having igbo's as wife or wicked inlaw's, igbo's are d wicked boyfnd or girlfrnd any other tribes can think of settling down with,u can plan with them, bcoz they will choose money over u, living u not knwing where u stand, mostly abia and imo, i HATE them with passion

2 people understood this enough to like it? grin
Re: Delta Igbos by Unimaginable123: 10:18am On Dec 04, 2016
DiamonJ:
are u ok?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Handmade Palm Kernel Oil For Sale / All ugba lovers / Why Can't You Win Lottery With Juju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.