Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... (1212 Views)

"Marriage Is Not For Everyone": Words Of Single Aged Nigerian Ladies Today / Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation / Why The Growing Number Of Bachelors(single Men) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by czarr(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2015
MEN DON'T WANT TO MARRY!!

See what happened when this groom threw a bouquet of flowers for his friends to catch.. grin

They ran away from itit grin grin gringrin

Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by ronald4lif(m): 2:42pm On Oct 08, 2015
Well, in this age where a woman can kick a man out of his home, a house he must have built before marrying, men have got to be cautious.

Men seem to have got a lot to lose in marriage than women and with some clueless left-wing governments in the West pandering to pseudo feminists agitations who seek for equality but looked the other way on men's plight and in situations that gives women the edge.

An age where after struggling, working extremely hard and build a career for one's self with rewarding financial perquisite, a woman can initiate litigation and get awarded more than half of your asset in alimony settlement then men have got to be careful.

Perhaps, men have also realised that marriage is not as exciting as paraded but rather a union that impede individual freedom and restrict personal development even as its always filled with puerile arguments. It's not a rosy ride and the growing inability of humans to endure, take responsibility and tolerate one another has further entrench the fear of getting married. Interesting times.

3 Likes

Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by Slimzjoe(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2015
The Poster above me has stolen the words right outta my mouth...there's nothing left to say angry

Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by Bekwarra(m): 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
Why should we marry when we remain jobless and the little jobs available are being given to our forefathers like Audu Ogbe. The man and Shakespeare na age mate.

Well today is my birthday but I won't beg for likes unlike some people.

1 Like

Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
ronald4lif:
An age where after struggling, working extremely hard and build a career for one's self with rewarding financial perquisite, a woman can initiate litigation and get awarded more than half of your asset in alimony settlement then men have got to be careful.

Perhaps, men have also realised that marriage is not as exciting as paraded but rather[b] a union that impede individual freedom and restrict personal development[/b] even as its always filled with puerile arguments. It's not a rosy ride and the growing inability of humans to endure, take responsibility and tolerate one another has further entrench the fear of getting married. Interesting times.

If marriage impedes individual freedom and personal growth, then you married the wrong person. Your life partner should want you to be a better person. If you are with the right person, you as couple should grow together, you as an individual should grow as well.

Compromise yes! Restriction No.
Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by ronald4lif(m): 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
Xiadnat:

If marriage impedes individual freedom and personal growth, then you married the wrong person. Your life partner should want you to be a better person. If you are with the right person, you as couple should grow together, you as an individual should grow as well.

Compromise yes! Restriction No.

Does an ideal partner or the right person ideology exist? How can someone be seen as right to another when they aren't right themselves? Relationship/marriage isn't about finding the right person but becoming the right person to one's self.

How possible is it to find the ideal one when human's innately tend to find faults in others to give ourselves a lift and accentuate our success thereby shadowing our misdemeanor. Thus, it becomes almost impossible to find the ideal one unless they're congruent to us. Even at that, someone that is identical to us but lack our flaws would not be a good match.

I think the ideal partner exist for all of us but how do we meet them when most people are attracted to the unavailable persons. We don't find the ideal ones attractive like we do for the unavailable ones.

In perspective, let's assume a single successful career-driven doctor is searching for an ideal one. His/her cursor would only navigate around an equally career driven individual or an educated fellow and would never look the way of an unskilled, uneducated and pauperise fellow because they're considered as unideal from the set go even without getting to meet and know them.

You'll agree with me that being an ideal one is beyond education, shrewdness, mouth-watery wages, beauty/cuteness, race and general success. In view of this, what are the odds to find an 'ideal one' who'd fit into our predispose choices and standards?
Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2015
men want to marry but sometimes finance holds them back but mostly the girls of nowadays really ain't nothing to write home about so basically the main problem is the unavailability of good wife features/material.
Men are not scared of marriage rather they're scared of marrying a Jezebel who will turn their sweet life into nightmare and the recent marriages, divorces, and the rate at which young wives now fk around omo hahaha you go fear na..
Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
"Ideal" in my view, doesn't include lists. It doesn't mean perfect list either.

I agree that you have to be the right person after-all, you cannot give what you do not have. It's about finding someone whose faults and quirks you can live with or one you can work with.

To be honest, most of my relationships have been people who were not necessarily doctors or lawyers or some educated professionals. I have actually prefer not to marry another doctor.

I don't mind being married to someone not of same educational/professional caliber, if he doesn't mind. The problem is a lot of men are intimidated by such women.

ronald4lif:

Does an ideal partner or the right person ideology exist? Relationship/marriage isn't about finding the right person but becoming the right person to one's self.

In perspective, let's assume a single successful career-driven doctor is searching for an ideal one. His/her cursor would only navigate around an equally career driven individual or an educated fellow and would never look the way of an unskilled, uneducated and pauperise fellow because they're considered as unideal from the set go even without getting to meet and know them.
In view of this, what are the odds to find an 'ideal one' who'd fit into our predispose choices and standards?
Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by czarr(m): 9:47am On Oct 12, 2015
ronald4lif:
Well, in this age where a woman can kick a man out of his home, a house he must have built before marrying, men have got to be cautious.

Men seem to have got a lot to lose in marriage than women and with some clueless left-wing governments in the West pandering to pseudo feminists agitations who seek for equality but looked the other way on men's plight and in situations that gives women the edge.

Perhaps, men have also realised that marriage is not as exciting as paraded but rather a union that impede individual freedom and restrict personal development even as its always filled with puerile arguments. It's not a rosy ride and the growing inability of humans to endure, take responsibility and tolerate one another has further entrench the fear of getting married. Interesting times.
I like reading your post.you have an interesting mind.
I bet you read alot
Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by czarr(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2015
icedbeatz:
men want to marry but sometimes finance holds them back but mostly the girls of nowadays really ain't nothing to write home about so basically the main problem is the unavailability of good wife features/material.
Men are not scared of marriage rather they're scared of marrying a Jezebel who will turn their sweet life into nightmare and the recent marriages, divorces, and the rate at which young wives now fk around omo hahaha you go fear na..
in other words
No money and no faithful women
Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by czarr(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Come 2050
Marriage will probably be extinct!
Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2015
czarr:
in other words
No money and no faithful women
in this our generation? you are 90 percent correct. You will know the true colors of a babe when you make her believe that you're broke and lost your job bro, some might try to stick with you for a little while before their color surfaces but the ride or die chick will stick with you but will encourage you in different ways and that's when you can truly ascertain who's real to you.
Re: Reason For The Growing Number Of Single Ladies... by ronald4lif(m): 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2015
czarr:
I like reading your post.you have an interesting mind.
I bet you read alot

Thanks for the notch. I won't say I read a lot but I love reading all the same.

(1) (Reply)

. / Things You Should Never Say To Your Boyfriend / How Lover Boy Killed Girl Friend In Acid Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.