Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra (1159 Views)

There Are Igbos In Sambisa Forest - Governor Ikpeazu / There Are Igbos In South South- Buhari / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by pneumaticos(m): 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
I would also.want to.know if freedom can be achieve by telling people to take up arms when there is no strategy to really win

Isn't it important or logical to work out a seperation with another tribe or group in a more diplomatic way

Are the yorubas that bad that the igbos cannot work anything out. With them

Can the igbos achieve this fit alone

I have family members going through the east and west every week who are actaully igbos telling me about the biafran thing..I ask them how it would be if biafra was to take up arms and their response was"o boy, I no know oh.so it got me thinking is this people serious
Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by Bambless1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
I Dunno,
Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by hahn(m): 12:09am On Oct 09, 2015
Of course they are.

On nairaland.

In their imaginations.

In their bedrooms.

But not in reality

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by Duru1(m): 12:22am On Oct 09, 2015
pneumaticos:
I would also.want to.know if freedom can be achieve by telling people to take up arms when there is no strategy to really win

Isn't it important or logical to work out a seperation with another tribe or group in a more diplomatic way

I have family members going through the east and west every week who are actaully igbos telling me about the biafran thing..I ask them how it would be if biafra was to take up arms and their response was"o boy, I no know oh.so it got me thinking is this people serious

What type of idiotic question is this one? Uyo can be sustainable a country if it is given the opportunity, By the way, Biafra would have eaten Nigeria as a lunch if not for the British or at least fought to a negotiable standstill. Nobody can trust anybody who had no business joining the forces with a none neighbor to kill him or her. I can bet there are, at least, one country you do not existed and relatively smaller than Lagos in population.

4 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 09, 2015
The Cursed, useless, pathetic, criminally-minded, akpu-eating, gala-selling, descendants of Cain will suffer more than they did in 1967 if they get biafra. bast.ard leeches

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by Nature8(m): 1:47am On Oct 09, 2015
kaakulator3:
The Cursed, useless, pathetic, criminally-minded, akpu-eating, gala-selling, descendants of Cain will suffer more than they did in 1967 if they get biafra. bast.ard leeches

Hmm, is this how much you hate Biafran people?
Abeg no go kill yourself oo!
Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by Nobody: 1:49am On Oct 09, 2015
Nature8:

Hmm, is this how much you hate Biafran people?
Abeg no go kill yourself oo!

Tell your ugly useless mother to kill herself
Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by Nature8(m): 1:57am On Oct 09, 2015
kaakulator3:

Tell your ugly useless mother to kill herself

Lol.. I guess that's the only thing you know how to do better.. Maybe you don't have a mother, that's why you have the guts to insult people's mother.. Fool!
Quote me again and die before 6am..
Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 09, 2015
[s]
Nature8:

Lol.. I guess that's the only thing you know how to do better.. Maybe you don't have a mother, that's why you have the guts to insult people's mother.. Fool!
Quote me again and die before 6am..
[/s]

Yes i repeat tell that to your useless mother okay let me make it clear to you alaigbo illiterate. tell your mama say make she kill herself. bast.ard. You and your mother will surely die before 6:am cool and your corpses will be eaten by dogs. anuofia

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by obiak4(m): 4:06am On Oct 09, 2015
1. How can a man curled up in a foreign land where a certain level of tolerance to liberties and freedom is guaranteed, ask and preach to his tribe men not to allow such which he enjoys in the land he lives?
2. How can a man in this modern age, call on his listeners ( his tribe men ) not only to contribute to his cause financially but to arm themselves, ominously waiting for further directives from him to attack others?
3. How can a group of people with a bitter history of fratricidal carnage on a tragic scale from a war which they started and lost for same reason and said mantra, try to let history repeat itself?
4. How can a man decide to prey upon the animosities and prejudice of many?
5. How do a group of people allow themselves to be brainshwashed into the use of hateful rhetoric alongside sophisticated humor in a bid to insult people who do not subscribe to his ideologies or people of a different tribe from his? In simple terms I mean how can a group of people in their ideal state of mind call his fellow neighbor of a different tribe an Animal?
6. Is it not Amusing that these sect of people (i.e. some Igbos) call other tribe animals, yet these same Igbos desert their land for that of the animals in search of greener pasture, shelter and even feed from the tables of these people they call animals?
Fellow readers, I believe that going through the above questions and more alike questions will prompt you to conclude to these two answers:
1. Radio Biafra and TV is from Hell
2. Its followers are either deluded, brainwashed, or illiterates without proper education. So called bandwagons of online Biafra pastors, supporters, propagandist are actually illiterate themselves.
.On this premise I ask all sensible Nigerians collectively join hands in the struggle to put to an halt the activities of this media house and its self-theatricalising promoter ‘kanu nnamdi’ who deludes himself and his followers as the “Liberator” and “God Sent”.
“There was a country” – Albert Chinualumogu Achebe.
By Ymodulus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by Rotimi47: 4:11am On Oct 09, 2015
Duru1:

What type of idiotic question is this one? Uyo can be sustainable a country if it is given the opportunity, By the way, Biafra would have eaten Nigeria as a lunch if not for the British or at least fought to a negotiable standstill. Nobody can trust anybody who had no business joining the forces with a none neighbor to kill him or her. I can bet there are, at least, one country you do not existed and relatively smaller than Lagos in population.
The Igbos were simply outclassed on the battle field even with the support of France & 5 other countries; Ojukwu fled when it dawn on him that the war is already lost by the biafrans.

You biafrans were lucky because it was Obasanjo a Yoruba man that finally conquered your remaining territories and he captured all your leaders but he didn't allow anyone of them to be killed. Obasanjo took them all to Gowon in Lagos in good condition, it would have been different if a Northerner captured them.

Let me stress further by saying that only the Yorubas returned properties left behind in Yoruba land back to the Igbos and they were the first tribe to allow igbos back to reside among them but the Igbo people never appreciated any of these but they rather hated the Yorubas.

My parents told me how our family members hid tens of Igbos in our family houses from the beginning of the war to the end of it, some family members even married a few of their women: Several Yoruba people took the same risk by hiding igbos but what do we get from Igbos, hatred for our hospitality.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by kingzizzy: 5:53am On Oct 09, 2015
pneumaticos:

We Igbos are more than ready for independence from Nigeria. In reality, Igbos would rather pull out of Nigeria peacefully through a referendum as has been done in other civilised countries like Czecoslovakia,Indonasia and Britain. Unfortunately, Nigeria is not a civilised country and the Government does not understand conflict resolution. We were all made Nigerians by Lord Lugard, we simply ask for the independence we enjoyed before Lugard came. It is our own shame as Africans if we resort to killing each just to uphold the 'whitemans idea' called Nigeria. But should war come, it will be bloody, and at the end of it, there is no way Nigeria will be able to come back together because there will be nothing to come back to except pure hatred. How can we be killing each other in the millions and keep telling each other we are one Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by simplycarro: 6:05am On Oct 09, 2015
Rotimi47:
The Igbos were simply outclassed on the battle field even with the support of France & 5 other countries; Ojukwu fled when it dawn on him that the war is already lost by the biafrans.

You biafrans were lucky because it was Obasanjo a Yoruba man that finally conquered your remaining territories and he captured all your leaders but he didn't allow anyone of them to be killed. Obasanjo took them all to Gowon in Lagos in good condition, it would have been different if a Northerner captured them.

Let me stress further by saying that only the Yorubas returned properties left behind in Yoruba land back to the Igbos and they were the first tribe to allow igbos back to reside among them but the Igbo people never appreciated any of these but they rather hated the Yorubas.

My parents told me how our family members hid tens of Igbos in our family houses from the beginning of the war to the end of it, some family members even married a few of their women: Several Yoruba people took the same risk by hiding igbos but what do we get from Igbos, hatred for our hospitality.
Right in the middle of Abeokuta, my maternal grandparents hid 4 Igbo families all through the war, feeding and clothing them, but what do I get in return from the children of these families? Hatred.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by squash1986(m): 6:35am On Oct 09, 2015
Rotimi47:

It is only in Nairaland I hear Yoruba's accusing Igbo's of hating them. Look, let me tell you, I am an Igbo boy,born and raised in Lagos,schooled in Ogun State, served in Ondo State, dated Yoruba girls and have a lot of Yoruba friends. It is not right and proper to generalize that all Igbo's hate the Yoruba's. Although,I am very aware of the tribalism in my country,but not all Yoruba's hate Igbo as well.
Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by tunde1200(m): 6:41am On Oct 09, 2015
easy madam.

that is too much!.

even me too no like them for 1 thing due to their hates on yourubas, but not to this extent of insulting parents please abeg biko yankuri stop it.

kaakulator3:
[s][/s]

Yes i repeat tell that to your useless mother okay let me make it clear to you alaigbo illiterate. tell your mama say make she kill herself. bast.ard. You and your mother will surely die before 6:am cool and your corpses will be eaten by dogs. anuofia
Re: Are Igbos Truely Ready For Biafra by ArodewilliamsT: 6:52am On Oct 09, 2015
The Op is talking about aligning with the yoruba, a useless backstabbing tribe that can't even trust themselves. Their muslims want Emirs on their lands, their christians are even more confused than confusion itself. How can you align with such a tribe that have had the caliphate playing ping pong with their future in illorin?

Biafran restoration does not depend on yorubas who don't even own their future, it depends on Biafrans themselves. History stands with Biafra, because all ingredients for a dissolution of the lugardian zoo exist now. Even countries that were more united than the lugardian zoo couldn't survive two wars. If a war of survival comes now, we'll declare ourselves dead and move into trenches, we will welcome you there. Nobody lives forever, only ideologies do and the Biafran consciousness will outlive our tenth generations. Biafra or death!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Basketball Hall In The North. / SEE Nigeria’s First Female ISIS Terrorist / 'hero' Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Kosher Supermarket In Paris Praised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.