Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. (69318 Views)

Pictures Of some of the 111 Roads Being Worked Upon By Obiano / Cars Acquired By Ikpeazu For Abia Police / The Cement-Based Road Built By Okezie Ikpeazu At 90% Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by ekemit(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
This is what you get from a wise party PDP power to the people

2 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Demmocrats(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Lincoln275(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
PDPwayoo:

cheap article wen dey run belle.
Concrete pavement is not cheap oooo , compare to asphalt, am talking from xperience

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by airmark(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
benedictnsi:
Another picture to make me laugh...... " Air Pee See " = CHANGE grin

Is the governor an APC governor?
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obiagu1:
Hmmm, is this how to construct concrete roads?
Don't they know that concrete expands and needs gaps in between to breathe?
Its supposed to be in slabs and are supposed to be reinforced with rods like house deckings.

This road will be all cracked up in 8 months time without any vehicle running over it or rain hitting it.

The silly governor is even creating a bigger mess when it's time to remove this crap!

Please where is you construction company?

And don't call the governor names he is not part of the company. By the way what project has your president carried out

3 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lincoln275:

Concrete pavement is not cheap oooo , compare to asphalt, am talking from xperience

so is more expensive?
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
This is what you get when you hire unsuitable hands for the job....
Constructing a rigid pavement like this??.
No proper levels, expansion joints, contraction joints, very poor compaction, not even a single reinforcement...... God, which one do I say and which one do I leave.., I bet this road will just last a couple of months before cracks, fatigue etc sets in.

It pains me so much cos of the money involved, rigid pavements are much much more expensive (though their strength is exceptional when constructed properly) than flexible pavements

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by chris4gold(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
I tell you, this road will stand test of d time.

5 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
benedictnsi:
Another picture to make me laugh...... " Air Pee See " = CHANGE grin

BTW....... Is he constructing permanent roads that will Last longer for Nigerians or Temporary roads for his 4 - 8 years in office

Ikpeazu is not APC. He's PDP. undecided
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by benedictnsi(m): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
airmark:

Is the governor an APC governor?
Shey your phone d browse Oya nwanne juo Google
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by erico2k2(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Rubbish construction, no DPM no mesh or reinforcement, this will crack and give way in not time once the sun set on it thats it.

3 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by uyomi: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
Aba is working. Change has come.

2 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by HiliaryAutos(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
I use Dettol for my enemies,If i don't take care of them WHO WILL? LMFAO

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by airmark(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
benedictnsi:

Shey your phone d browse Oya nwanne juo Google

APC has nothing to do with a PDP governor constructing 'cement road'. You must have commented without reading well. TGIF , you need this weekend to rest well. grin grin
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
No reinforcements? At least BRC wire mesh.

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by kennedyugo: 3:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
What nonsense! Take a look at the it should be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMGJ8LnkiE

6 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
God is watching all those that were allocated billions in the budget to build asphalt roads, yet they resort to constructing cement roads that would cave in in a few weeks.
All the trailers from the west and the North converge in Okigwe and Aba, just two trips (to and fro) from 3 trailers is enough to crack that cement plaster work and create potholes. God dey look una o!

4 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
utter nonsense! Cement road without reinforcements! No expansion joints! Fake Kora engineers.

2 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by ebuclassic18(m): 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
at least work is going on,unlike the previous wasted yrs by the passed administration
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obiagu1:
Its supposed to be in slabs and are supposed to be reinforced with rods like house deckings.

This road will be all cracked up in 8 months time without any vehicle running over it or rain hitting it.

The silly governor is even creating a bigger mess when it's time to remove this crap!
Everything done in Nigeria is bullsh*t!

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by MrMcJay(m): 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2015
slimzypink:
i want to cook jollof rice...do i need rice?

No, all you need is jollof.

4 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
laurel03:
Nice one gov.. Why most 9ja governor always try to impress for first term and second term will be like Aregbesola saga...

They need the ppeople's votes for their second term looting so they deceitfully appear serious in their first term as a bait to deceive the long suffering gullible people of their states who eventually falls into their second term looting trap.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by 400billionman: 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obiagu1:

Wait, what you just described above, is that how filling stations prepare their cement floors ? I have not seen them use rods.

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by kennedyugo: 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by DeRay98(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obiagu1:

Bros, no be Engr dey oversee this work assuming the contractor is not an Engr? Their ministry of works no get Engr wey suppose know wetin you just observed abi them don take their share of the contract and turn their face the other way.
Nig society of Engrs go shout say govt no dey give big construction contracts for roads and bridges but se bi you see wetin them fit do?

2 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by MrMcJay(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
obum88:

Please where is you construction company?

And don't call the governor names he is not part of the company. By the way what project has your president carried out

My bro, if you see the truth, say it as it is. It is reasoning like this that made Aba the mess it is today. If the contract was for asphalt roads, why use cement?

The mess going to be created by the cement roads would be worse than the one he is trying to patch up.

2 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by funkiebully: 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obiagu1:

The concrete is just a base, the top will be ashphalted but not as thick as when laterite is used as base.
This is just like casting bridge with concrete and top it with asphalt, water permeability is reduced and long lasting road is what u get.

This is a solid work going on in ABA. I commend the governor

5 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by omooba969(m): 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
We need to do mental check for this governors because only someone who smokes wet weed can do this mess called road construction. grin
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Pebcak: 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Maybe we need to educate ourself I know we have some Civil Engr in this forum, and using concrete might be a better option in some area I know in Texas USA where its dry and not that humid they have a lot of concrete roads and up north in Illinois USA they have more tar roads.

We only use tar in Nigeria but is it applicable to all roads?

Maybe tar is a way to always get contracts back after few years. From a greedy contractors point of view he ll rather use tar and get maintenance in few years than use concrete

Concrete’s strength usually means eliminating the need for subbase materials—and it also means you use less of it. In Figure 3, Structural Numbers are used to compare equivalent pavements, showing that 12 inches of an asphalt solution is equivalent to less than six inches of a concrete solution with the same Structural Number.

3 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by henchamb(m): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
Useless govt
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by charlesucheh(m): 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
if that will be just cement, then am sorry that it'll be a waste of resources spree. what the heck!!!!! who does that? never seen it before though, only know of the usual interlocking tiled road..............
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 09, 2015
MrMcJay:

My bro, if you see the truth, say it as it is. It is reasoning like this that made Aba the mess it is today. If the contract was for asphalt roads, why use cement?

The mess going to be created by the cement roads would be worse than the one he is trying to patch up.

We have not tried such in Nigeria. I heard it is cheaper and durable. Let's give it a shot. I pray it works

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-president Goodluck Jonathan Advice Nigerians On Sunday Service(screenshots) / Ganduje In Abuja Wants Kano Police Commissioner Removed - Daily Nigerian / Alem Muluseta: Photo Of The Humanitarian Worker Killed By Soldier In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.