Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. (69321 Views)

Pictures Of some of the 111 Roads Being Worked Upon By Obiano / Cars Acquired By Ikpeazu For Abia Police / The Cement-Based Road Built By Okezie Ikpeazu At 90% Completion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by banio: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
fratermathy:
That big lipped and funny looking Okowa won't see this one and copy. He's busy appointing people here and there instead of unveiling his blueprint for statewide development at the least.

Okowa Warri has the worst roads in 9ja
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Kagawa10: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
xtremely9ja:
I am sorry this what is been done in Abia state as a concrete road is an insult on the civil engineering profession. angry My reason is as below;
1. There two main types of rigid pavement Continuously reinforced concrete pavement and Jointed Plain Concrete Pavement.
2. For a good concrete pavement the slump of the concrete should be between 0 and 60mm but what we can see in these pictures is a flowing concrete.
3. The sub-base should be of packed crushed aggregate (mixed material) of 0-20mm.
4. The concrete should not be below 30 Mpa i.e 30N/mm2
5. Because the road will be subjected to flexural stress rather than compressive stress, the minimum flexural strength in concrete pavement by standard is 4.5Mpa, considering a concrete that is not reinforced that should make the compressive strength be not less than 45 Mpa, since flexural strength by the rule of thumb is 10% of compressive strength of any concrete specimen.
6. There should be a prime course for water proofing but there was none in that picture.
7. For the Jointed plane concrete pavement, which it appears they are working on, dowel should be provided between 3 to 6 meter or the lesser of 20 time the depth of the pavement.
8. Tie bars should be provided between two lane constructed at different times.
9. Contraction joint should be provided at every 3 to 6 meter or the lesser of 20 times the depth of the pavement.
10. Curing compound should be sprayed for proper curing of the pavement immediately after surface grooving with broom.

We can continue on and on to show that the work is a failure on arrival. The painful thing is that the ministry engineers that are suppose to supervise do not know their right from left, archaic set of professionals.

I am busy now,I will still modify this comment after.
Lol! Copy and pasting engineer!
Yeye villager!
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by ollyruffy: 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
Concrete based road without iron re-enforcement in 2015.

This must be a joke!
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by xtremely9ja: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol! Copy and pasting engineer!
Yeye villager!

Copy and paste engineer? No angry angry angry from the village? Yesssssssss grin grin grin, Seasoned and worth my salt? Yes tongue tongue tongue. Check out this ongoing project in another quiet corner of Nigeria.
Carefully check the flag on the concrete paver.
Bro, this is a faceless forum or else, your comment will be that of respect if we are to meet in person. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Numberz(m): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obiagu1:
Hmmm, is this how to construct concrete roads?
Don't they know that concrete expands and needs gaps in between to breathe?
Its supposed to be in slabs and are supposed to be reinforced with rods like house deckings.

This road will be all cracked up in 8 months time without any vehicle running over it or rain hitting it.

The silly governor is even creating a bigger mess when it's time to remove this crap!
CONCRETE ROAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION SHOWING REINFORCEMENT WITH RODS

TYPICAL CONCRETE ROAD WITH SLABS SHOWING

It's reinforced with wire mesh (preferred as against rods) and also has expansion joints for "expansion & contraction". RPT...rigid pavement technology is new over here so a few lapses is expected before things fall into place.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by fridayj(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good bt y cement..led us well be4 fll in well..
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by egbaguy: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by egbaguy: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by kinibigdeal(m): 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2015
It is called Rigid road construction...nothing is wrong with it. It can only be used for artillery not on a main channel
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Numberz(m): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
banio:

Okowa Warri has the worst roads in 9ja

We pray he uses the abundant indigenous professionals littered across the country...something the last administration didn't take advantage of...quite a pity!
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
ekemit:
This is what you get from a wise party PDP power to the people
Its the benefit of them being relegated to opposition status; they're now working to make it seem they're the better option. We the masses're the ones who'd gain in the end.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by tsdarkside(m): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
funkiebully:

The concrete is just a base, the top will be ashphalted but not as thick as when laterite is used as base.
This is just like casting bridge with concrete and top it with asphalt, water permeability is reduced and long lasting road is what u get.

This is a solid work going on in ABA. I commend the governor

abeg dont mind them...i am not a street-worker......i am a construction-worker..but i once worked making roads...i never saw them putting rods......never... undecided

the first layer is always concrete,but never with iron...you put rods,when you are building highways or bridges..but this is a simpel road,very cost efficient...and maintening it will be very cheap..kudos to the engineer....this is just the first layer anyway.....

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
How sure are you and will it last?
felucci:

I think roads built with concrete are more expensive than ones built with asphalt.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
slimzypink:
i want to cook jollof rice...do i need rice?
no, you dont need rice. You need your kpekus ! Onye nzuzu!
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Obiagu1:
Hmmm, is this how to construct concrete roads?
Don't they know that concrete expands and needs gaps in between to breathe?
Its supposed to be in slabs and are supposed to be reinforced with rods like house deckings.

This road will be all cracked up in 8 months time without any vehicle running over it or rain hitting it.

The silly governor is even creating a bigger mess when it's time to remove this crap!

CONCRETE ROAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION SHOWING REINFORCEMENT WITH RODS

TYPICAL CONCRETE ROAD WITH SLABS SHOWING

My thoughts exactly, though its not surprising when you have educated illiterates in the driving seat, I bet he thought he knew it all and didn't even bother to consult or follow due process; otherwise no real civil engineer would have given this pink herring the all ok - LOL I can imagine how Dangote would be smiling to himself by now.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by omonnakoda: 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
emekaxy:
what's the noise about this cement road

Governor Amaechi built many cement road in PH and Wike his upto 3 cement road that I can count.

so what's the media hype all about.

Abeg make Aba people park well jooor,
Aba na Aba if u like build steel sheet road it will remain Aba.
Dirty and razz,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by uzolexis(f): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
Unfortunately this is a normal thing in Abia state,even the capital city umuahia has cement roads.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by eightsin(m): 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
This contractor needs to be probed. Who construct concrete road this way? Is this how he was taught? Thieves!!!

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Blizzy9ja: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
kennedyugo:
What nonsense! Take a look at the it should be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMGJ8LnkiE
You don't just run to google, get a video and start blabbing... Go and find out about rigid pavement... The thickness of the slab in that video looks like 20cm do you know how much material (sand, granite and cement) that will gulp? Do you know the price of a trip of sand? Do you know the price of a trailer load of granite? How much is the federal allocation for Abia state? For your information rigid pavement is not as cheap as you think and besides he is a governor not an Engr. to decide what kinda road is best for a particular terrain, dats the job of the consultants or the contractors handling the job.

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Emmy4Naija: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
This is a scam....ChannelsTV @sunrisedailynow must see and talk about this.
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by chuxgrant: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good initiative. Abia being the first to introduce this technology in Nigeria. Others will follow suit
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by charlesucheh(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
BushidoBlue:

If you have never seen it, heck read a book or search the web. Stop jumping into conclusions sir.
Cement roads outlast Asphalt by many years. There are some cement roads that have lasted 30years or more.
SEE FIGHT OOOOOO!!!!! I'VE NOT SEEN IT BEFORE, DO YOU WANT TO FORCE ME??
BESIDES, HOW MANY TRUCK LOAD OF CEMENTR WILL DEY USE? COS I KNOW FOR THAT, NOTHING WILL BE MIXED TO THE CEMENT THEY'LL BE USING COS IF THEY DO, THEN THE LIFE SPAN OF THAT ROAD WOULDN'T BE UP TO 6MONTH..........SO, MR ENGINEER!!!!! SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE; I NEVER SEE AM BEFORE..................I ONLY KNOW OF THE PEDESTRIAN LAY OUTS THEY BUILD WITH CEMENTS.....
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
sigiyaya:
Rochas dey busy the construct china road in Owerri.... What do will call this one now;Made in ABA road?grin grin grin

All really wanna say is that they don't really care about us lyrics

No b small China ooo.. .. They neva finish e Don dey spoil self
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by nwadiuko1(m): 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
MrMcJay:

My bro, if you see the truth, say it as it is. It is reasoning like this that made Aba the mess it is today. If the contract was for asphalt roads, why use cement?

The mess going to be created by the cement roads would be worse than the one he is trying to patch up.
bro to be honest you knw nothing about the difference between an asphalt based road and a cement based r oad
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by nwadiuko1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
MrMcJay:

Why use Abians as Guines pigs? Go and google concrete road construction and see the nonsense those guys are doing with shovels. Do you think Abians deserve this rubbish?
please don't come online to rubbish yourself just because you want to talk
What those guys are doing there is using cement as the base instead of laterite.....they l also coat the cement with asphalt.....this lasts longer than what most contractors do
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by nwadiuko1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
charlesucheh:
SEE FIGHT OOOOOO!!!!! I'VE NOT SEEN IT BEFORE, DO YOU WANT TO FORCE ME??
BESIDES, HOW MANY TRUCK LOAD OF CEMENTR WILL DEY USE? COS I KNOW FOR THAT, NOTHING WILL BE MIXED TO THE CEMENT THEY'LL BE USING COS IF THEY DO, THEN THE LIFE SPAN OF THAT ROAD WOULDN'T BE UP TO 6MONTH..........SO, MR ENGINEER!!!!! SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE; I NEVER SEE AM BEFORE..................I ONLY KNOW OF THE PEDESTRIAN LAY OUTS THEY BUILD WITH CEMENTS.....
you need to travel more....no offense

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Otomania: 9:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
slimzypink:
Don't!, Use beans
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by omonnakoda: 9:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
slimzypink:
Otomania:

Don't!, Use beans
Beans? Why are people so wicked? Guy don't mind him you need groundnuts

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by Khez: 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2015
fratermathy:
That big lipped and funny looking Okowa won't see this one and copy. He's busy appointing people here and there instead of unveiling his blueprint for statewide development at the least.

cheesy see yabbing o
Abegi easy with him bruh, him daughter na my friend o
Make i get money o grin

The daughter too is funny looking, bea[s][/s]uty,sorry i mean ugliness runs in their blood...

1 Like

Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by PastorAji(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
this is what we call cement road

even the one we did in front of our church had a rock base not just pouring concrete on sand
kennedyugo:
What nonsense! Take a look at the it should be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMGJ8LnkiE
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by kennedyugo: 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
You don't just run to google, get a video and start blabbing... Go and find out about rigid pavement... The thickness of the slab in that video looks like 20cm do you know how much material (sand, granite and cement) that will gulp? Do you know the price of a trip of sand? Do you know the price of a trailer load of granite? How much is the federal allocation for Abia state? For your information rigid pavement is not as cheap as you think and besides he is a governor not an Engr. to decide what kinda road is best for a particular terrain, dats the job of the consultants or the contractors handling the job.

You are right though. But I hope he uses asphalt on top. That will make it great. Or better
Re: The Cement Roads Being Built By Ikpeazu In Aba. by duality(m): 11:59pm On Oct 09, 2015
Favparis:
Why don't we wait until the roads are completed rather than criticising.

The Engineers are not as foolish as you think please. allow them do their Job.

Exactly...

The ITK is too much. Let them finish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alem Muluseta: Photo Of The Humanitarian Worker Killed By Soldier In Borno / Aerial Views Of Atiku Campaign In Katsina / Five(5)things People Don't Know About Bukola Saraki..

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.