Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4750398 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cross8701: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Megadrop:
I keep saying it that its only a fool and a desperate driver that will drop 30k or thereabout simply because he wants to collect a vehicle to drive. If you dont hv any evil intention why demand for upfront payment from a driver when the car has not yet hit the road.

What is the evil intention exactly? I feel sometimes people use words not actually understanding what it means or implications. Putting a decent car on the platform is quite capital intensive, nobody forces a driver to accept the terms. If you are not interested then move on. What is evil about asking for an upfront.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by naifizzy: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2018
ranksz:

I believe in everything you have proposed and I know its very doable and sustainable.

There is one aspect I don't want you to leave unattended. That's the need for funds.
The funds charged go a long way to make the system support seamless and resolve human issues.
Rents need to be paid, financial applications need to be integrated, adverts cannot be ruled out, staffs will need to be paid, compensations and bonuses will need to be met etc.

You are on the right track.

I understand. If I have 2000 drivers a month you do the math.

The way this initiative is designed is to protect the interests of the Drivers.

Once Drivers see that they stand a chance to gain more from us, it will open doors for more Drivers. That's the key.. The selling point.

I had join Taxify and Uber to feel their pain.

I dont need to rent a pent house office at Eko Atlantic. I dont need to hire 100 staff from all regions of the country.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jayooh: 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
oluwaseunla:

I'm curious. can you good sir, give examples of such evil intentions that can come from the upfront payments?

Cc: chillex
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by misterdeco: 1:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
Good afternoon my people, I will like to share my little experience with you guys yesterday on taxify. I got a request yesterday from Abule-egba to checview estate lekki, we left 1:42pm till 5:15pm we are in agege train station, to my surprise I decided to check the calculating price just to look at the price before I proceed I got #3700.. I was wow rubbish for more than 3hrs not knowing the app has stop counting. The rider ask me to continue the trip. To cut the stories short. We got to lekki 7:30pm. I decided to end the trip I got #3700. I proceeded on price reviews still the same amount.

I told my rider to give #7200 and she agreed, but later her guy gave me 10k for compensation. But to my own surprise. When I check my app was 00 the money wasn't registered as if offline trips. Please I need advice in case of next time. Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
naifizzy:

I understand. If I have 2000 drivers a month you do the math.

The way this initiative is designed is to protect the interests of the Drivers.

Once Drivers see that they stand a chance to gain more from us, it will open doors for more Drivers. That's the key.. The selling point.

I had join Taxify and Uber to feel their pain.

I dont need to rent a pent house office at Eko Atlantic. I dont need to hire 100 staff from all regions of the country.

Uber is essentially an IT operation

Your key spend is on IT infrastructure and the people who run it, and advertising to some extent

For what it is worth you can even outsource the customer facing aspect

You are on the right track

It's a winning proposition but the devil is in the details

You in a David versus Goliath scenario

I look forward to your winning story

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by naifizzy: 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Uber is essentially an IT operation

Your key spend is on IT infrastructure and the people who run it, and advertising to some extent

For what it is worth you can even outsource the customer facing aspect

You are on the right track

It's a winning proposition but the devil is in the details

You in a David versus Goliath scenario

I look forward to your winning story

I am a partner with Google Cloud. My system is run on Google infrastructure and Server.

Thanx bro.

Last time I read David killed Goliath. smiley

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
After signing up as an Uber driver and uploading all documents for my vehicle, I am still seeing "Getting account ready" "We'll let you know when you can take trips". Its been more than 7 days.

Please am I missing anything? please guide me

Secondly, I need a responsible driver.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
Megadrop:
I keep saying it that its only a fool and a desperate driver that will drop 30k or thereabout simply because he wants to collect a vehicle to drive. If you dont hv any evil intention why demand for upfront payment from a driver when the car has not yet hit the road.
this has to be among the worst comment I have read on this platform...evil intentions for upfront payment of 30k for a car some bought above a million. This is so dumb

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Daveonoja: 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
On another issue made 17K on uber yesterday Monday all card trips....got the alert today Tuesday for the 17k made on monday...this is after getting alert for my previous balance on Monday....is it just me or uber has joined good gang by paying daily

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
Daveonoja:
On another issue made 17K on uber yesterday Monday all card trips....got the alert today Tuesday for the 17k made on monday...this is after getting alert for my previous balance on Monday....is it just me or uber has joined good gang by paying daily

Evolution sir.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by kneo: 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
Daveonoja:

They are sensing the presence of a strong competition

GRANDEXPRESS

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
After signing up as an Uber driver and uploading all documents for my vehicle, I am still seeing "Getting account ready" "We'll let you know when you can take trips". Its been more than 7 days.

please guide me

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
Megadrop:

From my own point of you, if I'm to give a driver my car why he pays the upfront. I should test asured that I ve no power over him for the next 1 week cos he already paid in advance.

On the other hand. I can easily summon a driver to bring my car right away and he will. Only that will we may might to settle the day he was unable to work
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
oluwaseunla:

I'm curious. can you good sir, give examples of such evil intentions that can come from the upfront payments?

Dead cars, hiding fault needed to be fixed, broke owner in need of money and can't wait still the salary pay day etc

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackfm: 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
Daveonoja:
Did anyone else experience this? That would be really nice but bad for those without discipline. It will go as it comes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
misterdeco:
Good afternoon my people, I will like to share my little experience with you guys yesterday on taxify. I got a request yesterday from Abule-egba to checview estate lekki, we left 1:42pm till 5:15pm we are in agege train station, to my surprise I decided to check the calculating price just to look at the price before I proceed I got #3700.. I was wow rubbish for more than 3hrs not knowing the app has stop counting. The rider ask me to continue the trip. To cut the stories short. We got to lekki 7:30pm. I decided to end the trip I got #3700. I proceeded on price reviews still the same amount.

I told my rider to give #7200 and she agreed, but later her guy gave me 10k for compensation. But to my own surprise. When I check my app was 00 the money wasn't registered as if offline trips. Please I need advice in case of next time. Thanks

Since u did a review, Taxify will call your call , confirm the fare calculated and the amount given to you.

Then the amount given to you will be added back to your app and they will take of their 15% from the 10k if they get to know 10k was given to u.

That's it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 2:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Tgiirl:

Dead cars, hiding fault needed to be fixed, broke owner in need of money and can't wait still the salary pay day etc

So does this explain why rentals are collected in advance? What say you about drivers that pick up vehicles, mess it up, default payments and simply drop and move on? Will you rather the Partner be in a weak negotiating position?

I think someone proffered a solution up there. Pay advanced rental but get an inspection done on the car you want to pick. If you are sure you won't default, you should have no qualms paying.

My drivers do pay, and I keep them happy. Everyone wins.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
TheCar:

Why do car owners collect security deposit?

Why can't drivers make upfront payment for rentals?

Why can't we get credit score for drivers who want postpaid service?

Why can't we have vehicle inspection center?

When we asked the right questions, we get the right answers, with the right answers we make progress.

Why do car owners collect security deposit?

Security deposit arises when the rate of payment default sky-rocketed. With the increased rate of payment default, investors need a solution because without weekly rental, return on investment would suffer. Therefore a security deposit is a driver commitment not to default or start making upfront payment.

Rental payments are supposed to be upfront payment. I don't know who started this terrible idea of collecting rental after instead of before for car owners.

Why can't drivers make upfront payment for rentals?

After you have inspect the car and confirmed that it's in a good mechanical condition and good for business, what stops you from making upfront payment.

We do house inspection before renting an apartment. Why do we make payment upfront for rented apartment? Why don't we start a crusade to start making house rental postpaid.

Why can't we have a CREDIT BUREAU to enable an investor get a credit score of a driver who want postpaid service?

Before any financial house extend any credit to you, they do customer profiling and ensure you have the capabilities to repay before giving you such money. Why don't we have such agency in Car-Owner/Driver relationship. Since a driver is only interested in paying after collecting the car, how do the car owner ensure such driver make payment as at when due.

Why can't we have vehicle inspection center?

Why can't driver-partner form an association, then agree to appoint any choose auto repair centre as inspection centre for their members. Cars need to be certified okay before any member collect it on rental.

Why can't driver-partner make upfront rental payment?

1. There is nothing wrong with upfront payment. But u can't use same agreement documents for deliverys.

2. Why compare house rentage to car hire. The house is yearly rentals and if uu are to demand yearly rent ages or cars. That a mouth can get a good car with that amount while yearly rentals cant get u a house.

3. A driver is ur employee therefore upfront is not required from an employee. When a car is on hire. Then you can pay upforny for the use of the car knowing full well that the hirer is not your employee.
Car hire option is available all over the states

4. When u say security deposit or caution fee, which is often refundable. This makes alot of sense because its not the expected weekly delivery or remittance made by drivers. And it should be very low to rental amount

5. When u hire a car and pay upfront. The agreements and totally diff from that of rentages. Hirer do no repair of any other than fuel, use and return. Owner/ fleet manage do all repairs 100%

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
oluwaseunla:

So does this explain why rentals are collected in advance? What say you about drivers that pick up vehicles, mess it up, default payments and simply drop and move on? Will you rather the Partner be in a weak negotiating position?

I think someone proffered a solution up there. Pay advanced rental but get an inspection done on the car you want to pick. If you are sure you won't default, you should have no qualms paying.

My drivers do pay, and I keep them happy. Everyone wins.

That will not solve the problem of drivers defaulting. A driver pays up for a week ahead. Work 7days and unable to might up that amount. Do u think he will return the car in good fate or hold onto the car to cover up his expenses b4 returning the car.

I have witness 2 scenarios. Police was involved... The driver even liar that my friend,'s car gave him some problems.

Desperate bad drivers are ready to drop that cash knowing their intentions.

Note: some share sometimes ago about a guy who rents his car and in return hire it to SARS. Now he makes more than the owner and earn more but never defaults and car in bad shape. Car owner mostly can't inspect their cars more than ones a month, reminder. Is he a smart driver?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Tgiirl:

That will not solve the problem of drivers defaulting. A driver pays up for a week ahead. Work 7days and unable to might up that amount. Do u think he will return the car in good fate or hold onto the car to cover up his expenses b4 returning the car.

I have witness 2 scenarios. Police was involved... The driver even liar that my friend,'s car gave him some problems.

Note: some share sometimes ago about a guy who rents his car and in return hire it to SARS. Now he makes more than the owner and earn more but never defaults and car in bad shape. Car owner mostly can't inspect their cars more than ones a month, reminder. Is he a smart driver?
You have been very active online today, not working?
Abeg leave the car owners alone and let's make money.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
Talk2tobo:

Bros It seems u are a newbies on the platform.. there are options were by u get request before dropping off ur rider.. if u are close to the rider destination drop off. it serves as an avenue for the driver not to wait in getting requests.
Bro oldie, you're wrong sir grin
It happens when you've spent too much time on a trip

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ok let's agree to call it caution fee. Simple.

oya argue with your keyboard.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2018
Tgiirl:

The idea is that the driver has the car for the number of days he paid for. No more no less.

When it comes to integrity of a car being given to a driver, a Partner is advised to get a standard workshop involved to confirm or dispute driver claims. That is why one of the clauses on the agreement is that the car is to be fixed only at the pre agreed workshop. That way, a driver cannot turn around and claim car gave him issues.

Constant monitoring of a car is essential in this biz, and that involves scheduling of periodic unannounced visits. Our cars come in once a week for inspection. Again, it is part of the agreement signed. We also check on the cars periodically in between the weekly inspection. If car is being used in ways not stipulated, it will be discovered.

Furthermore, all the cars are comprehensively insured, partner is protected to a great extent.

Besides, are there not drivers without advanced rent that still have bad intentions?

From where I'm seated, not having an upfront rental puts all the risk on the Partner while the driver is free to do whatever he wants.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
brogxy:

You have been very active online today, not working?
Abeg leave the car owners alone and let's make money.

Yeah, I'm not in Lagos right now. Chilling in Ogun state

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
Tgiirl:

1. There is nothing wrong with upfront payment. But u can't use same agreement documents for deliverys.

2. Why compare house rentage to car hire. The house is yearly rentals and if uu are to demand yearly rent ages or cars. That a mouth can get a good car with that amount while yearly rentals cant get u a house.

3. A driver is ur employee therefore upfront is not required from an employee. When a car is on hire. Then you can pay upforny for the use of the car knowing full well that the hirer is not your employee.
Car hire option is available all over the states

4. When u say security deposit or caution fee, which is often refundable. This makes alot of sense because its not the expected weekly delivery or remittance made by drivers. And it should be very low to rental amount

5. When u hire a car and pay upfront. The agreements and totally diff from that of rentages. Hirer do no repair of any other than fuel, use and return. Owner/ fleet manage do all repairs 100%

1. Agreed but I don't understand the highlighted.

2. All house aren't on annual rent payment. Some apartments in Lagos are on weekly rentals. It all depends on presignee agreement.

3. For the record, a driver is your partner in business not your employee. Employee are placed on Salary or Commission. e.g. a personal driver is an employee based on monthly salary.

4. Security Deposit is refundable and every driver-partner should endeavour to have it documented and signed before making any payment. Security Deposit isn't fixed just like weekly rental per car owners. It's negotiable.

5. Hire Purchase and Car Hire/Rental are two different things. Like I said earlier, car owners and drivers are partners not Employer-Employee relationship. If your driver is on monthly salary or comission, you have to fix your car not the driver but in Partnership, we agree on who does what and when.

Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2018
misterdeco:

change your phone
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sharpk007(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
misterdeco:

That s ur luck 0% commission... apps mal functions ,it happened to me.on UBer 2months ago, trip of 4k5,Uber recorded 0 naira

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
naifizzy:

Thank you for your concern.

First I will like to explain to you how the system work.

We are a networking company and we only link passengers to Drivers.

It is systematic in every sense. And our Network is built ingeniously on google platform severs.

Our app is less than 2mb... and it is compatible with any android phone.

There is no different between us amd any blog or a simple website.

I hope you understand ?

This is a secret I am letting out. There is no justification for commission except corporate greed.

I strongly believe you will go far.

My input if you wouldn't mind..

1. Why not allow drivers take first few trips free of charge? No driver will be willing to pay 5k when they're not sure there are riders on the platform yet

2. Attract riders with freebies or any and every other way you know, and gradually withdraw as they get used to the app

3. Aggressive publicity, the kind that will force people to just download the app and see what the hype is all about

4. I wish you all the best

I will chat you up on whatsapp to make a little enquiry
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by naifizzy: 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
deedee44:

I strongly believe you will go far.

My input if you wouldn't mind..

1. Why not allow drivers take first few trips free of charge? No driver will be willing to pay 5k when they're not sure there are riders on the platform yet

2. Attract riders with freebies or any and every other way you know, and gradually withdraw as they get used to the app

3. Aggressive publicity, the kind that will force people to just download the app and see what the hype is all about

4. I wish you all the best

I will chat you up on whatsapp to make a little enquiry

I understand and appreciate your contributions.

I agree to some extent. But you need yo undertsand that this is a Partnership the Drivers will be having with us. Not just some services we are rendering.

And besides it is 30 days money back guarantee + 1 month free. I think we being too generous.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
22Mikey:

Please am I missing anything? please guide me

You need to visit the uber office. Also, have you done the mandatory vehicle inspection.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
lexylexy:

You need to visit the uber office. Also, have you done the mandatory vehicle inspection.

Yes, I have done the inspection and has been recorded "Active".

Do I need to visit Uber officer before being activated.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by zeekleo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
22Mikey:

please guide me

Contact Leo 08038587291

(1) (2) (3) ... (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: eipreel(f), Realtol(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.