Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1006) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4821899 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) ... (5707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 22Mikey: 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
zeekleo:

Contact Leo 08038587291

Contact Leo for what exactly?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
Tgiirl:

1. There is nothing wrong with upfront payment. But u can't use same agreement documents for deliverys.

2. Why compare house rentage to car hire. The house is yearly rentals and if uu are to demand yearly rent ages or cars. That a mouth can get a good car with that amount while yearly rentals cant get u a house.

3. A driver is ur employee therefore upfront is not required from an employee. When a car is on hire. Then you can pay upforny for the use of the car knowing full well that the hirer is not your employee.
Car hire option is available all over the states

4. When u say security deposit or caution fee, which is often refundable. This makes alot of sense because its not the expected weekly delivery or remittance made by drivers. And it should be very low to rental amount

5. When u hire a car and pay upfront. The agreements and totally diff from that of rentages. Hirer do no repair of any other than fuel, use and return. Owner/ fleet manage do all repairs 100%
You are very much on point.
House rental and car rental are incomparable in anyway, because house is a fixed asset while the other one is not.
Upfront payment is off the point. If there is any need to keep the owner secured at all as a result of bad drivers,
Collecting upfront payment with same amount with the weekly rental fee is off the point to me. Instead should be like security fee or commitment fee but ll be less than weekly rental.
There are good partners, and there are greedy ones. The same thing to drivers too.
Only the partners with God fearing mind returns the money paid in advsnce back to drivers at the end of the deal. Let's be sincere.
The same thing applies to house rental too.
Bcus I remember when I was in egypt years back where "tahamin" (security deposit) has to be paid before handling over the key to u. The agreement is that it ll be refunded when leaving the house. For where. Na story of damaging plumbing stuffs and so go end am. .
I never said partners should not collect fee before handling over the car key oo but should be lesser than the weekly fee. That's just my own point.
I might be wrong, but just my opinion

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Vested(m): 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2018
Anything that can effectively provide cashflow is an asset.

Ask your bank why they provide a financial facility to ELIGIBLE persons to get a car or a house. That's becuase they know there will be cashflow. In this case, the cashflow for a commercial vehicle is the weekly payments agreed between the driver and the car owner.

Collecting an upfront payment for taking a car is dependent on the car owner but I'll add further, that it's wise as this still serves as rent for taking up that car.

Because we lack responsibility in this part of the world, no one will be willing to pay a caution fee which should be standard. Therefore, if a car owner asks for a week's payment upfront before a car is given, I think that's a fair deal since you still expect the owner, just as a landlord fixes his property when there is a deficiency on the property, to fix his vehicle when there is a deficiency on the vehicle.

Anyways, what do I know? Standards and values count for nothing in Nigeria and that's why businesses fail because no one wants to bear some sense of responsibility in order to reduce risk for the capitalist whose funds is actually driving the business.

In the future, there will be AI driven cars. What happens to the human factor, which is the driver, when that happens? Can he be able to arrange the funds required to get his own AI driven vehicle?

I trust technology in the end. It will sort a lot of these arguments out. The west runs and breeds on the life blood of capitalism and that's why they have better economies today. We will get there and soon, we will have new arguments but finance will always be a constant. I hope we can all brace for changes when they finally happen because our sentiments will get us nowhere when push comes to shove.

That's my little opinion and I do hope it's useful to someone, somewhere , maybe today or someday later.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2018
xana101:
I driver a Toyota corolla 2005. Bought it myself from copart USA. I use it for uber most times when there is no business for me. I use mobile XHP to service the car. I service every month but I want to know how many kilometers I'll drive b4 servicing. I'm thinking of servicing every 5weeks as against 4weeks. I think d 4 weeks is too soon. Thanks
Cc
Gazzuzz and other car professionals in d house

If you're using conventional oil, 3,000 miles (5,000km).

If you're using synthetic, 5,000 miles (8,000km).

If you're using extended (which I don't recommend for your Corolla since you'd still have to change filters between and might forget), 15,000 miles (24,000km).

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
radautoworks:

If you're using extended (which I don't recommend for your Corolla since you'd still have to change filters between and might forget) 15,000 miles (24,000km).

What about oil filters that are good for about 15k oil change.. Well am doing a test study on FRAM Ultra synethic oil filter good for 20k ...whether is gud or not I will find out myself... it had pretty good reviews on Amazon,walmart, autozone etc ...like they said the taste is in the pudding... the only way for me to find out how good it is to try it myself...

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hello everyone,
The long awaited update to the Guide to Uber 2.03 is finally out.
Its titled Guide to Rideshare 3: Taxify and Uber.
And just as the name suggests, I have finally included a guide treating Taxify.

The latest version of my guide now has 3 parts:
-Book 1 Guide to Uber for Car owners
-Book 2 Guide to Uber for Drivers
-Book 3 Guide to Taxify

The 3 guides contain all you need to know about registering and making money with rideshare in Nigeria. The book also contains tips for earning extra income whether as a car owner or as a driver on Taxify and Uber.
All the knowledge I have on ride sharing is compressed into these 2 books.

The book gives its buyers great deals on insurance. If you purchase the book, and subsequently purchase insurance through us; we will send you a cash-back bonus directly into your bank account.

We offer cash back for purchasing insurance through us from these companies.
-AXA Mansard
-Cornerstone
-Lead way
How it works
-Call your preferred insurance company amongst the 3 listed and get a quote.
- Then call us and get a quote
- Compare quotes
-If you like our deal, we can help you get our better rate from the insurance company of your choice.
Simple as ABC!

The book also comes with additional documents you may need. The documents include:
-Rental Agreement template
-Hire Purchase Agreement template
-Guarantor form
We can edit these to suit your need.

I have also included my referral code for partners in Lagos. This code is only for car owners who want to register on Uber in Lagos.
When you use this code, you are automatically entitled to a cash bonus from Uber after your vehicle takes its first 50 trips.
Apart from the bonus that Uber gives you, I'm also offering a 5000 Naira cash bonus after 50 trips for everyone that signs up with the link.

Best of all, the book comes at a much better price. So you don't have to break the bank to purchase it.

How to get the book?
Simple, just click on our whatsapp number here to chat with us 08186473185
Once you successfully place your order, we will send your book to you by Whatsapp and/or email. Depending on your preference. The whole process is super-easy and takes less than 3 minutes.

Cheers,
Taxi App Guy.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
radautoworks:

If you're using extended (which I don't recommend for your Corolla since you'd still have to change filters between and might forget), 15,000 miles (24,000km).

Please do you have M1C-154a oil filter?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donte101: 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
naifizzy:

You need to understand that e-hailing is not just about exploiting Drivers....
It's more about enabling a networking platform.

I bet you none of those guys who own the business started as a Driver.

I had to go through the process to understand the pain and hustle of the game from a Driver perspective.

They are so much responsibilities for Drivers. Especailly in Lagos with bad roads and Traffic jam.

The money I made for a week was used to fix my car in 1 day..... Check that out...

So we believe that Drivers should be more advantaged. It is their vehicle and they need to have more assurance to be on the road.

These guys are capitalists. They have a history of exploiting. But it's not all about money.

I like google because they give you so much value for free. Then they charge in trickles in some cases.

This is the gospel truth (y)
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
22Mikey:

Contact Leo for what exactly?

Contact Leo for offline brainwashing grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SmartToyota(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2018
GENUINE OEM TOYOTA/LEXUS SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE
CALL/WHATSAPP 08182919156 TO ORDER

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 12:26am On Sep 12, 2018
sharpk007:

That s ur luck 0% commission... apps mal functions ,it happened to me.on UBer 2months ago, trip of 4k5,Uber recorded 0 naira

Oga respect ya self and admit your phone was culprit and not blame the app.except if it's rider full discount and you did not know how that works.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hakeem26(m): 12:26am On Sep 12, 2018
Very clean used hyundai elantra, sound engine, automatic, gray color, 2008 model for sales at the rate of 1.2m location Abulaegba. Contact on 08153886172
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 5:30am On Sep 12, 2018
TheCar:

Please do you have M1C-154a oil filter?

N9,855 6-10 day delivery but not designed to go 15,000 miles. It's more for the synthetic oil changes that go 5-7,500 miles. Not worth the money IMO.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CMP&partNumber=M1C-154A

You're better off with this for N3,285 which is rated at 10,000 but i still wouldn't go that long.
http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CFI&partNumber=84064
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:05am On Sep 12, 2018
E-HAIL Uber/Taxify/ETC or Other ANNUAL MAINTENANCE PACKAGE N120k

6 oil changes including labor,oil and filters
1 set of Front brakes
1 set of Rear brakes
Fluid top-offs
1 set of wiper blades
6 complimentary road safety checks

If you want to get this package, email support@radautoworks.com with name, phone,year,make,model, vin, mileage. You will receive an invoice and when paid,account will be opened for your car. When maintenance is due,just schedule appointment and bring it in! Annual maintenance at an equivalent of 10k a month is a steal.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 12, 2018
radautoworks:

N9,855 6-10 day delivery but not designed to go 15,000 miles. It's more for the synthetic oil changes that go 5-7,500 miles. Not worth the money IMO.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=CMP&partNumber=M1C-154A

You're better off with this for N3,285 which is rated at 10,000 but i still wouldn't go that long.

The suggested filter is only compatible with 2017-2018 Toyota Corolla according to the product information.

I am shopping for a 2012
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:12am On Sep 12, 2018
TheCar:

The suggested filter is only compatible with 2017-2018 Toyota Corolla according to the product information.

I am shopping for a 2012

Please look again. The parts are interchange.

Champ Corolla (2013-2015), L4 1.8 (2009-2012)

Carquest Corolla (2017-2018), L4 1.8 (2009-2016

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 12, 2018
radautoworks:

Please look again. The parts are interchange.

Champ Corolla (2013-2015), L4 1.8 (2009-2012)

Carquest Corolla (2017-2018), L4 1.8 (2009-2016

My Apologies, I didn't observed the L4 1.8 (2009-2016).

Would have it picked up on or before this weekend.

Thanks.

What do you think about Purolator Boss, Bosch Premium or Mann Filter?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2018
TheCar:

My Apologies, I didn't observed the L4 1.8 (2009-2016).

Would have it picked up on or before this weekend.

Thanks.

What do you think about Purolator Boss, Bosch Premium or Mann Filter?

We have to bring it in for you. 6-10 days. We'll start keeping in stock all the time if it looks like there is interest.

Honestly, unless it's a performance car, they are wastes of money....

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 12, 2018
radautoworks:

We have to bring it in for you. 6-10 days. We'll start keeping in stock all the time if it looks like there is interest.

Honestly, unless it's a performance car, they are wastes of money....

I am talking about picking up this before weekend.

Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:03am On Sep 12, 2018
TheCar:

I am talking about picking up this before weekend.

Thanks

Yes, we'd have to bring it in. We didn't bring in those type of filters because they're not popular there so we didn't think they'd be popular here. I'll bring in 20 or so and see how they sell as a start.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 12, 2018
radautoworks:

Yes, we'd have to bring it in. We didn't bring in those type of filters because they're not popular there so we didn't think they'd be popular here. I'll bring in 20 or so and see how they sell as a start.

Okay Ma.

Lemme pre-order 2 out of your 20.

Please alert me when it arrives and if prepayment is required to secure my order.

Regards.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:11am On Sep 12, 2018
TheCar:

Okay Ma.

Please alert me when it arrives and if prepayment is required to secure my order.

Regards.

Usually it is, but this is a small item so no worries I'll just bring them in.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AutoElectNG: 7:15am On Sep 12, 2018
radautoworks:
E-HAIL UBER/TAXIFY ANNUAL MAINTENANCE PACKAGE N120k

1 set of Front brakes
1 set of Rear brakes
Fluid top-offs
1 set of wiper blades

If you want to get this package, email support@radautoworks.com with name, phone,year,make,model, vin, mileage. You will receive an invoice and when paid,account will be opened for your car. When maintenance is due,just schedule appointment and bring it in! Annual maintenance at an equivalent of 10k a month is a steal.

Uber/Taxify/ETC or Other
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:16am On Sep 12, 2018
TheCar:

Okay Ma.

Regards.

Usually it is, but this is a small item so no worries I'll just bring them in. Please shoot an email to support@radautoworks.com so they don't forget.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by radautoworks: 7:17am On Sep 12, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Uber/Taxify/ETC or Other

Corrected sir
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2018
misterdeco:
Good afternoon my people, I will like to share my little experience with you guys yesterday on taxify. I got a request yesterday from Abule-egba to checview estate lekki, we left 1:42pm till 5:15pm we are in agege train station, to my surprise I decided to check the calculating price just to look at the price before I proceed I got #3700.. I was wow rubbish for more than 3hrs not knowing the app has stop counting. The rider ask me to continue the trip. To cut the stories short. We got to lekki 7:30pm. I decided to end the trip I got #3700. I proceeded on price reviews still the same amount.

I told my rider to give #7200 and she agreed, but later her guy gave me 10k for compensation. But to my own surprise. When I check my app was 00 the money wasn't registered as if offline trips. Please I need advice in case of next time. Thanks
You're lucky, wicked rider would have paid that 3700

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 8:24am On Sep 12, 2018
dru23:

What about oil filters that are good for about 15k oil change.. Well am doing a test study on FRAM Ultra synethic oil filter good for 20k ...whether is gud or not I will find out myself... it had pretty good reviews on Amazon,walmart, autozone etc ...like they said the taste is in the pudding... the only way for me to find out how good it is to try it myself...
Please I don't understand, only the oil filter is 20k?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2018
deedee44:

20,000 (distance)

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2018
deedee44:

If I recall correctly the Fram ultra oil filter is good for 15k to 20k miles before oil change... the filter does not cost 20k ... but obviously I will not try 20k miles... my max will be 15k miles ..am hoping to show the filter on the thread after 15k miles.. And also keep in mind ,my guess is that the oil might even be darker due to previous cheap oil ..but make I see sha ...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.bestsyntheticoilfilter.com/best-oil-filter-for-synthetic-oil/&ved=2ahUKEwju_-ba_rTdAhXNVN8KHb_cCjQQFjARegQIDRAI&usg=AOvVaw0qLcKCyWNCTKkz849GRTv7

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stake2odds: 9:27am On Sep 12, 2018
radautoworks:
E-HAIL Uber/Taxify/ETC or Other ANNUAL MAINTENANCE PACKAGE N120k

1 set of Front brakes
1 set of Rear brakes
Fluid top-offs
1 set of wiper blades

Hello i am interested in this, what type of oil will be used. I have 3 toyota corolla 2006(2) and 2007(1). I am getting 2 more by the end of the month. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) ... (5707) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Welz(m), Sirianese and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.