Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,262 members, 7,864,374 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (5707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4895874 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5704) (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) ... (5722) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by AlNur: 12:40pm On May 22
Please guys i am looking for a car to drive on bolt. I stay around Ojodu Berger and can be reached on WhatsApp via 08067937074.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Kaymaxi2222(m): 2:32pm On May 22
Pearl1910:

Bro... As every other business, u must know the intricacies before u enter or be ready to get ur hands burnt then learn the trade secrets while gaining experience. I started piggery with 500k back in 2018, by 2020 my investment had grown to 2m, but as it grew it needed more attention. During covid, I wasn't available and my manager didn't give it the required attention. I lost all my animals due to a flu outbreak in the pig farm because there was no timely intervention. That's how that chapter closed, now that doesn't mean I will go about tell people that pig farming isn't
profitable because I didn't blow in it. That's a business people are building houses, buying tundra and tacoma and sending their kids abroad with.

So lets change our mentality, anything u want to do, u have to learn it well, fall and stand up and continue until u perfect it. Even when u think u are king in d business u have to keep innovating, adapting to change and uncertainties in other to remain relevant. If u think u am lying ask Nokia and Blackberry.
I did not say the hustle is not good and I haven't condemned it. What I said is the best arrangement I felt is okay for this hustle

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 4:23pm On May 22
Kaymaxi2222:
I did not say the hustle is not good and I haven't condemned it. What I said is the best arrangement I felt is okay for this hustle

Ur feeling should change after reading my numerous posts on this topic. If it doesn't then u aren't ready to learn, and therein lies the problem we have in our society today, people are rigid to change and non susceptible to learning. I have demonstrated that the business is profitable for both the Partner and the Driver. Even if u didn't have the opportunity of hearing from me on a forum like this, do u think every car on the road is owned by d driver or every Partner is just doing charity and philanthropy with their vehicles? What u should inquire is how are successful partners doing it, what are they doing different from others that keeps them in the business?
"Person wey dey ask question no dey miss road"

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 9:50pm On May 22
Take care that you don’t ruin relationships over political differences. Humans naturally don’t necessarily converge on a single source of truth but holds several shades of opinion on the same fact from varying perspectives.
Thus, comes the test of your tolerance , compassion, love and understanding. The world is divergently beautiful and still often divides opinion in the eyes of the beholder....
Quite unfortunate to see all of you try to mob a man for his CHOICE, what he believes in, his opinion, in a DEMOCRACY!
Those of us who were alive and also witness the frenzy that brought buhari in 2015 will be very careful of another messiah in 2023, once beaten twice shy they say...
Whether you support candidate A over B or vice versa, pls let us take our F in peace...As the breeze dey blow, he go touch everybody..
The argument over this is becoming boring, stale and inconsequential!!!
I hope you all don't talk like this in public!!!!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by davit: 11:04pm On May 22
dapotemi:

Take care that you don’t ruin relationships over political differences. Humans naturally don’t necessarily converge on a single source of truth but holds several shades of opinion on the same fact from varying perspectives.
Thus, comes the test of your tolerance , compassion, love and understanding. The world is divergently beautiful and still often divides opinion in the eyes of the beholder....
Quite unfortunate to see all of you try to mob a man for his CHOICE, what he believes in, his opinion, in a DEMOCRACY!
Those of us who were alive and also witness the frenzy that brought buhari in 2015 will be very careful of another messiah in 2023, once beaten twice shy they say...
Whether you support candidate A over B or vice versa, pls let us take our F in peace...As the breeze dey blow, he go touch everybody..
Thanks for this. Hope the banter will stop now.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 1:09am On May 23
AlNur:

Bro i no get 100k na means of going out there i de look for please help me i no get such amount.

If you don't have your guarantors should have.
If your guarantors does not find you worthy of depositing just 100k on your behalf, that means they don't trust You Or they are not worthy of been ur guarantors.

So if in case you damage something worth 100k your guarantors will tell owner I don't have money?

You never serious yet

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 1:12am On May 23
dapotemi:

I can see the twist, even if you are not coming out direct, but we got It, you have plenty of corns in your pocket.

So you need to go and seat down,

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Donbrowser9: 3:01am On May 23
jpworld:

I can see the twist, even if you are not coming out direct, but we got It, you have plenty of corns in your pocket.

I have asked you 4 times to prove that I called you last week to request for a car for rental.

Read very well, if I'm the one lyíng over calling you to ask for a car last week like you claimed, may my cùrses return to me but if you're the one lyìng over the issue and have refused to admit your mistakes, may everythíng you have ever wọ̀rked for in this lifẹ́ rúin in your presencé. May evẹ̀rything that givẹ́s you joy leave this wọ́rld before you. May you bẹ́g for peáce and never find any. May you become miserablé for the latter part of your lifẹ́ and wishẹ́d you had never been born.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 3:13am On May 23
Donbrowser9:

I have asked you 4 times to prove that I called you last week to request for a car for rental.

Read very well, if I'm the one lyíng over calling you to ask for a car last week like you claimed, may my cùrses return to me but if you're the one lyìng over the issue and have refused to admit your mistakes, may everythíng you have ever wọ̀rked for in this lifẹ́ rúin in your presencé. May evẹ̀rything that givẹ́s you joy leave this wọ́rld before you. May you bẹ́g for peáce and never find any. May you become miserablé for the latter part of your lifẹ́ and wishẹ́d you had never been born.

You finally got my attention, so let me give you little bit of my attention.

Yes you did call Me, I posted a car here weeks back and anytime I receive calls, I run a background check and find out the moniker or WhatsApp group the driver belong to.

When I did my check it was you, after reading those damaging messages, I stopped replying your chats.

I received plenty of calls and tell me, why will I keep a number that is not useful to Me, once I run a background and find info about You And I am not interested, I will clear my history.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:00am On May 23
Donbrowser9:

You repeatedly claimed I called you!
You claimed it was last week!
You claimed you told me on phone to go LASG

Now you're claiming it's few weeks ago.
Now you're claiming you stopped replying chats
Now you're claiming you receive lots of calls and also do a background check on every call
Now you're claiming you clear history after finding out I'm the same person you told on phone to go to Lagos state.

Everything I said shall be pẹ́rmanent!
Every crẹ́ature of the Almighty will fìght against your existencẹ́. You shall knọ̀w no peáce in this lìfe

Lol omo babalawo. Make i dey fear say one omo babalawo they throw curse for him generation. See eh I no send anybody. If abuse or curse they kill or destroy na Tinubu the thing for don reach, but upon all the abuse insult and curses Tinubu became president.

So abeg throw more curse

And I repeat na you call me few weeks ago,If you like throw curse to distract Me, na you be the person.

You are doing well with Tinubu you come dey find my car to destroy. Aturu ra cha gi onu.
Anupama

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 8:03am On May 23
davit:

Thanks for this. Hope the banter will stop now.

Lols... people that supposedly won election are still dragging people that came third. Why on earth will people in power not be dragged for wicked and somersaulting policies.
There shall be no peace for the wicked!!!

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 8:09am On May 23
jpworld:

Lol omo babalawo. Make i dey fear say one omo babalawo they throw curse for him generation. See eh I no send anybody. If abuse or curse they kill or destroy na Tinubu the thing for don reach, but upon all the abuse insult and curses Tinubu became president.

So abeg throw more curse

And I repeat na you call me few weeks ago,If you like throw curse to distract Me, na you be the person.

You are doing well with Tinubu you come dey find my car to destroy. Aturu ra cha gi onu.
Anupama

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 8:28am On May 23
jpworld:

From Donbrowser9 statements, it shows he is facing serious depression that need urgent medical attention. I wish someone close to him, will help him out b4 is too late.

The 3imt he is putting his hope on, is not happening, so so promise from Emilokan and there is huge hunger in town, surviving is a huge task.

When you live a fake wanabe life, and even forming give away, and your nick name is The DON meaning babaolowo meanwhile no food inside your house, shishi you no get na double wahala.

If THE DON BROWSER NUMBER 9, TOP STRIKER, fake happening millionaire will humble himself right now, just indicate now you need uber car, I will release the car to You, without stressing you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 8:42am On May 23
Doris4ever:

Yes. I have seen owner who bought a Nigerian used and abused car with rusted underneath and oil shortage issue. Maybe because he got it cheap.
Instead of spending money to put the car in good shape. He dropped it for a driver to remit weekly.
When the car issues started coming up, he blames the driver. Whereas car already had underlying engine oil shortages and rust problems prior to the deal.
Most owners will NEVER give full disclosure on the condition of their car.

I totally agree with your point, reason why I always tell whoever gives me car to give me 2weeks ahead to observe the car condition and fix whatever issue I find in it before weekly delivery, but some owners just have serious trust issue and ego and they think all drivers are liars.

I thank God for wisdom and focus to scale through that phase...

It was never an easy experience.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 8:46am On May 23
jpworld:

Thank you. You need to keep shut!

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dapotemi: 8:50am On May 23
donbrowser:

If I wasn't worth it, you won't wake up so early to jump on a post that doesn't in any way concern you or perhaps it indirectly concerns you and we don't know.

Either way, Roll along.

Bros, it's enough!!!! Do you roll like this in public? I mean in 'real life'...
Let us return to our Uber thread abeg..
E joor..
Regard.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 8:54am On May 23
Kaymaxi2222:
You will see the load some of this drivers are using all this car with small engine to carry and you wonder how will the car last

This sometimes hurt me when I see the way drivers carry heavy loads with the car in their custody, anyway, I always believe the adage that says, however you manage someone's property is how you will manage yours if God blesses you to have that property...

I've trained myself in such a way that anything in my care, I always handle it like it is mine, whether it's mine or not, I will handle it well coz tomorrow may come and I may want to buy it off from the person...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 8:54am On May 23
dapotemi:

E joor..
Regard.

You won't even believe I'm the most gentle person offline grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by donbrowser(m): 8:56am On May 23
jpworld:

Under Freedom of information act, we have right to know the procurement details of fuel. How much are we paying the refining company in Europe, how much is shipping cost, and other details. This will help Nigerians arrive at how much NNPC is spending to arrive 600naira per liter.

Automate tax collection is not transperency, you are only doing that for easier way to generate more Money.

Removing ghost workers, that is good one,
He is only doing it because he wants to steal more to his pocket. Just like hyena stealing from leopard.

the damage lack of transperency is doing to our economy is more horrible.

The biggest problem Nigeria has is spending problem, our procurement process is always in a shabby way,procurement is where we need transperency. Show us the buying details in Europe, you refuse.

should his enemy win the bid? There is a procurement law in Nigeria, if he is not following due process, he is nothing but a thief.

Anambra use to be a super poor state, Obi really did wonders with transperency,during his time.

If you like continue to campaign for Tinubu, me I will continue to adjust to whatever the economy gives.

I remember the last few weeks you called me for a car for rent, I told you my conditions and you were laementing, the price is too much bla bla bla and I asked you then, am I Tinubu that destroy the economy? So why will I carry your problems. And advise you to go to LASG car so they can make life easy for you.

Anyway all the best in your future endeavour as you continue your Tinubu as.s licking job

Ok...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:02am On May 23
Kaymaxi2222:
let me just tell you the Truth....this business only pays whoever is in control of the instrument used for this business......a friend of mine once got a brand new car for this rental business but because he is a office person he has little or no time to monitor the car .....the driver used the car for almost 6 months no issue until later issues started coming up then the driver keeps missing payment.. eventually sha na one of the drivers friend wey know the owner tell am say make him borrow himself brain that the guy is over using the car to the extent that the guy no dey come home again he literally lives in the car ....the guy was doing ajo of 100k weekly whereas he was paying the owner 25k then. At the end sha na the owner lose Cos na scrap him eventually sell the car as ....so let not deceive our self eh na driver this business pays for most

In this scenario, what I will advise owners and intending owners to do is, do maintenance services yourself.

Always reset either Trip A or B whenever service is done and always ask your driver to send you that Trip A or B KMs every 2 weeks to see how many kms he's covering under the 2 weeks.

If he's driving averagely 2000kms to 2500kms in 2 weeks, then he's not over using the car but if he's driving above 2500kms in 2weeks he's over using the car.

And also, once he drives 4000kms in a month, ask him to bring the car for oil change ASAP, many of this drivers will consistently drive the car above 6000km within a month and they will be thinking since it's still under a month they have serviced the car, they can keep using it but manufacturer advises to change oil at every 5000kms and this is for people using fully synthetic oil.

Always keep tab of your car kms if you're doing rentals and ask him to bring it for oil change at every 4000km to avoid changing of engine...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Omoapena(m): 9:19am On May 23
As an intending car owner partners, if you have trust issues, do not engage in any transportation business, either you meet an honest driver or not, once that trust issue kicks in, you will never believe anything that comes from your drivers...

Transportation requires you to map out how to tackle every situation, you think of all possibilities in the business and come up with solutions for everything, only this way you will find transportation profitable...

If you already have experience in transportation, like you have done it yourself, it will be easier to manage drivers driving your cars...

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Conner44: 9:30am On May 23
dapotemi:

E joor..
Regard.

Are you now begging for this thread to not be for your 'CRUISE' anymore? shocked

Wonderment! grin so your mind don finally touch ground ehn . . . . ? cheesy very good, remain a few others to confess wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:44am On May 23
dapotemi:

E joor..
Regard.

*Regards* grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Pearl1910: 9:48am On May 23
Conner44:

Are you now begging for this thread to not be for your 'CRUISE' anymore? shocked

Wonderment! grin so your mind don finally touch ground ehn . . . . ? cheesy very good, remain a few others to confess wink

Everyone enjoys the show until they are at the receiving end of the jokes.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cowboyT: 9:52am On May 23
Only those who's experienced in the business can invest and make meaningful profit, and that doesn't mean they fold their hands all day.
Some so call investors in transport business will just sit back and expect their weekly alert, and they expect things not to go south after few weeks or months.
Some people don't want to put in the required effort, work and time to the business that's why it fail, this doesn't mean transport alone.
The feel they're already a CEO, and their boys (employees) are already making the money, next thing is to sit back n relax, something that Dangote sef no fit do.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Djdamian(m): 10:24am On May 23
cowboyT:
Only those who's experienced in the business can invest and make meaningful profit, and that doesn't mean they fold their hands all day.
Some so call investors in transport business will just sit back and expect their weekly alert, and they expect things not to go south after few weeks or months.
Some people don't want to put in the required effort, work and time to the business that's why it fail, this doesn't mean transport alone.
The feel they're already a CEO, and their boys (employees) are already making the money, next thing is to sit back n relax, something that Dangote sef no fit do.

Thank you for your input.

Can you clarify what you mean by ''Some so call investors in transport business will just sit back and expect their weekly alert, and they expect things not to go south after few weeks or months.''

Additionally, what kind of effort or work do you believe is expected from an investor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5704) (5705) (5706) (5707) (5708) (5709) (5710) ... (5722) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), SHOOPSYN(m), Nlanalyst and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.