Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4749338 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by codedname: 7:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
I started driving with Uber yesterday. Today they billed me 10k for screening check fee. Is this normal? I was never told about this neither have I read it anywhere. How often do they charge this fee and any other fees? Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
codedname:
I started driving with Uber yesterday. Today they billed me 10k for screening check fee. Is this normal? I was never told about this neither have I read it anywhere. How often do they charge this fee and any other fees? Thanks.

Everyone else driving on uber was also charged that 10k. It will be deducted from your first week earnings. They tagged one yeye name to it. That it is for background check. It's just exploitation my brother because they are not doing any background check. Welcome to Uber
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
cooldood:

So, m still waiting for a response from the veterans here, especially on the manual corolla 2008. Drivers, whats your advice n experience like?
I can be ur fleet manager
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 9:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
jpworld:

I have a driver for you, give me ur number.

I need a fleet manager actually with experience.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
darmilolah:

Let's chat on WhatsApp 08030434610

Are you a fleet manager?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
ihimiray:
I can be ur fleet manager

ok, do you have experience and how many cars are under your care at the moment?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2017
darmilolah:

Everyone else driving on uber was also charged that 10k. It will be deducted from your first week earnings. They tagged one yeye name to it. That it is for background check. It's just exploitation my brother because they are not doing any background check. Welcome to Uber

yeah, and that is why new drivers are always given top pairing priority at Uber office, so they can collect their 10k. Meanwhile the old driver will have to wait one week sometimes 2 weeks before getting paired. Thats discrimination!
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2017
myquestion:
How is the weekend going wit my bros on Uber and taxify.
Is request high or low?
the request Was amazing on both uber and taxify, I worked till 2am last night I dropped my last rider citilogde lekki @2am and I quickly go offline slept in d car till daybreak because I couldn't go home
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tdadz: 10:57pm On Jun 26, 2017
lexylexy:

I still disagree with you because you don't know the circumstances that made him drive through the water. Also, it is very possible to off your AC and it still stops working after driving through the water. Depends on how deep the pool of water is.

The pool was in a street around Ajah, something he could hv turned back and used an alternative route but he wouldn't... The car got deep into the water that it flooded the interior of the car and the car had to be pushed out by the abokis in the area because it got stocked. My Huber driver is just so amazing

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 11:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
cooldood:

ok, do you have experience and how many cars are under your care at the moment?
I do have two for now
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 6:27am On Jun 27, 2017
lexylexy:

yeah, and that is why new drivers are always given top pairing priority at Uber office, so they can collect their 10k. Meanwhile the old driver will have to wait one week sometimes 2 weeks before getting paired. Thats discrimination!

It's not discrimination, it's the best business decision.
When next an old driver gets a car, he will work hard to keep the car.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 7:43am On Jun 27, 2017
I met an Uber driver today who told me that there is currently a promotion going on, where if you drive 60 trips before Monday next week you get 25k. I can't see this promotion on my app. All I can see is the 1x2 boost. Are there people here who are NOT seeing the 60 trips for 25k promotion?. Also, what is the criteria for choosing who gets a particular promotion?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by blackylola(m): 7:54am On Jun 27, 2017
Please let us create uber/taxify whatsapp group chat so that we can share relevant information and learn from each other. Chat me up on dis number 08022133595 if you want be added to the group my name is engineer Daniel
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 7:59am On Jun 27, 2017
ihimiray:
I do have two for now

ok, so how much do you remit weekly on a toyota corolla 2006 car (rental)?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:31am On Jun 27, 2017
elninosanz:
I met an Uber driver today who told me that there is currently a promotion going on, where if you drive 60 trips before Monday next week you get 25k. I can't see this promotion on my app. All I can see is the 1x2 boost. Are there people here who are NOT seeing the 60 trips for 25k promotion?. Also, what is the criteria for choosing who gets a particular promotion?

You can't see it because your confirmation rate is not high enough. Minimum of 80% or so. . . .

Uber knows the drivers are not actually making enough to break even, so they have instituted a variable earning system where they pay a (top-up) salary to those drivers stup!d enough to ruin their cars in order to validate uber's unrealistic price-regime. So those drivers earn close to the old rate in exchange for taking on every single unprofitable trip that comes their way (e.g. drive 8.4km to pick someone going 1km down the road, drive during heavy rain & flood - when there is always surge, by the way - and end up damaging your car)

If you don't do that stup!d jacky work for them then you essentially work for free. You will never see those promos. . .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Cheidy(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2017
cooldood:
Hello guys, is a Toyota Corolla 2008/09 V4 Manual acceptable to drivers on Uber/ taxify, to deliver #40k weekly? I want to be sure drivers are okay driving a manual corolla than an automatic version.

Also, are there still fleet managers at all for this, its been a while we heard from @tokyobull, and @mrsage. What is going on really? I want to place 2-3 corolla V4 on uber/taxify but through an experienced fleet manager.

I can do 35k
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by cooldood(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2017
Cheidy:

I can do 35k

Do you drive or you manage fleet?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by codedname: 9:59am On Jun 27, 2017
Thanks. Please do you know when the riders 50% Promo will end. These earnings are crappy mehn!

Everyone else driving on uber was also charged that 10k. It will be deducted from your first week earnings. They tagged one yeye name to it. That it is for background check. It's just exploitation my brother because they are not doing any background check. Welcome to Uber [/quote]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2017
cooldood:

ok, so how much do you remit weekly on a toyota corolla 2006 car (rental)?
07031266481 chat me up on whatsapp let's discus
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 10:28am On Jun 27, 2017
Uber wont make a kobo this week. They are choking on small chops
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ashiwajew: 10:30am On Jun 27, 2017
Hi everyone. For every new partner and driver, kindly use this referral code to win the 20k promo once your driver completes 20 trips. Although I will also win 40k for referring you. Code = soyinkak1ue or you sign up using the link below https://partners.uber.com/i/soyinkak1ue
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ihimiray(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2017
ashiwajew:
Hi everyone. For every new partner and driver, kindly use this referral code to win the 20k promo once your driver completes 20 trips. Although I will also win 40k for referring you. Code = soyinkak1ue or you sign up using the link below https://partners.uber.com/i/soyinkak1ue
you try na we no Sabi pit our own referrals here abi

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by ashiwajew: 10:38am On Jun 27, 2017
ashiwajew:
To cap it all, once 40k is paid to me, I will transfer 10k to anyone who uses this link to sign up either as a driver or partner
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 10:47am On Jun 27, 2017
cooldood:

Do you drive or you manage fleet?

Let's talk ...drop ur numbers ....I run a fleet presently with 5cars n increasing
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rett0: 11:10am On Jun 27, 2017
Good day all, please I installed the uber app but it isn't showing the pin to drop at my location Neither is it showing any cars. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but same issue. Only the map is showing.
Any solutions?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2017
Rett0:
Good day all, please I installed the uber app but it isn't showing the pin to drop at my location Neither is it showing any cars. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but same issue. Only the map is showing.
Any solutions?

is this the App you downloaded?

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rett0: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2017
lexylexy:

is this the App you downloaded?

Yes
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2017
cooldood:

Are you a fleet manager?
I am just an experienced driver in the business
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 11:36am On Jun 27, 2017
Rett0:

Yes

and this is what you see?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 11:39am On Jun 27, 2017
I don't think that's the issue. For starters, my acceptance rate is 88% and my cancellation rate is about 16% so I qualify. Even if I don't qualify, there have been times in the past when I don't qualify and they still show me the promo but then tell me to improve on my completion rate. It still happened two weeks ago. My guess is that for high earners who chase surge they omit them and give the promo to low earners to boost them. I may be wrong though

sophoccles:

You can't see it because your confirmation rate is not high enough. Minimum of 80% or so. . . .

Uber knows the drivers are not actually making enough to break even, so they have instituted a variable earning system where they pay a (top-up) salary to those drivers stup!d enough to ruin their cars in order to validate uber's unrealistic price-regime. So those drivers earn close to the old rate in exchange for taking on every single unprofitable trip that comes their way (e.g. drive 8.4km to pick someone going 1km down the road, drive during heavy rain & flood - when there is always surge, by the way - and end up damaging your car)

If you don't do that stup!d jacky work for them then you essentially work for free. You will never see those promos. . .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by lexylexy(m): 11:45am On Jun 27, 2017
elninosanz:
I don't think that's the issue. For starters, my acceptance rate is 88% and my cancellation rate is about 16% so I qualify. Even if I don't qualify, there have been times in the past when I don't qualify and they still show me the promo but then tell me to improve on my completion rate. It still happened two weeks ago. My guess is that for high earners who chase surge they omit them and give the promo to low earners to boost them. I may be wrong though

My brother, it's only Uber and God that know how they derive those things
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rett0: 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
lexylexy:

and this is what you see?

No pin, no cars, no where to.
Just map

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.