Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4749334 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (5691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 10:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Johnadu:
What an elder sees while sitting, a child can't see from the top of a tree. When people like OlugbengaE analysed enslavement on the present Uber rate, some people tagged everyone else lazy and fools. Many people on this forum decided to follow Romeo3 while we should have joined hands to protest Uber rate (as they did in Kenya and got result). Now we are all crying fouls and abusing Uber. This business is determined by factors like ROI, man hour, depreciation, etc.
Sorry, it is too late to mourn Uber fare, we could have protested by striking then, but we said it does not matter we are workaholic and wiser. Let us work harder....

Well we did. It is Unfortunate that people allowed Uber to get away with these rates. Uber is doing mega unboarding with the aim of flooding the city with rickety 2000 cars. Now Uber has extended inspection validity to 1yr...... It can only get worse
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:42am On Jun 22, 2017
the end point of this game is to make money. if you believe you arent going to make money, park your car at home, or sell it and invest in something else.

Driving isnt for everyone. Ability to drive doesnt make you an uber driver.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 10:46am On Jun 22, 2017
Romeo3:
why wouldnt you want to protest when you arent remitting money to anyone weekly?

lol. funny people. so a driver on a weekly rental or HP should renege on his agreement with owner of the vehicle and park someones car to protest, because at the end of the week you will give him money to pay his weekly rental?

Fuunnkeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

See mentality. A slave will stay slave no matter what.

HP is Slavery(though understandable) New prices is Slavery

HP under this price regime is Bottomless pit slavery

Romeo3

if Uber does another 50% price CUT what will those on HP do?
Would they strike or just continue to drive and pray for a miracle
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2017
is uber the only platform? undecided

like i said, the end game is make money.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Johnadu: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2017
The same drivers that cannot sacrifice 1 or 2 weeks, which they can explain to owners, are now failing every week to meet the rentals. Rich people don't accept all conditions for the sake of continuity, they act right at the right time. Let us learn our lessons and forge ahead.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:14am On Jun 22, 2017
I know of 3 partners who ended their HP agreements this week because the drivers could not meet up. I was actively involved, i pleaded for these drivers because i know this business very well but everything fell on deaf ears.

Those who could not fight the slavery are now becoming jobless.

Lagos cost of living is one of the highest in the world but has the 2nd cheapest Uber. Haba

It does not add up.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 11:18am On Jun 22, 2017
Is Uber the only platform?

A lot of people will never consider investment in transportation business if there was no Uber.

So for them, Uber is the only Platform.

If uber fails their investment is gone.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 11:23am On Jun 22, 2017
We only see screenshots of money made on Uber on weeks that are good, we didn't see any last week.

I will not put my 2013 corolla on the road to be making small chops, Uber works for Romeo, let him continue with them. We all need to understand it's not about making money to sustain the business, we also have to recoup our investment over a reasonable amount of time

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 11:36am On Jun 22, 2017
Romeo3:
you need to change your mode of operation. 4500 is too low for 8hrs. with what you did yesterday, even without the 40% reduction you would have only made 6300.

use destination trips in the mornings and head to the island where there is always a surge.

Lol

You mean to say drivers need surge to even make little income. 8hours for 4500, minus fuel money, that means you are loosing.

Sometimes u go to surge area, you won't get any request.

What I'm seeing now is Uber has flooded Lagos Road with a lot of cars, @the end all drivers will struggle to meet up.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2017
Going for my vehicle inspection today with Taxify, people are switching from Uber don't dull

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
jpworld:

Lol

You mean to say drivers need surge to even make little income. 8hours for 4500, minus fuel money, that means you are loosing.

Sometimes u go to surge area, you won't get any request.

What I'm seeing now is Uber has flooded Lagos Road with a lot of cars, @the end all drivers will struggle to meet up.
surge has always been part of the deal. even before the fare reduction.

the only way you wont get a request in a surge area is if you are fond of cancelling trips and if your acceptance rate is low.

if drivers are struggling to meet up on uber, they should either move to taxify or sell off their cars. anyday i see a small sign that uber would give me the slightest stress, i will move on. i dont believe in all talk and no action.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
alstarmayo:
We only see screenshots of money made on Uber on weeks that are good, we didn't see any last week.

I will not put my 2013 corolla on the road to be making small chops, Uber works for Romeo, let him continue with them. We all need to understand it's not about making money to sustain the business, we also have to recoup our investment over a reasonable amount of time

last night i saw a 2015 Elantra and a 2015 camry on uber and someone is here talking of 2013 corolla as if he is doing anyone any favours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
Guys best way is to ignore him. He talks as if uber is the best thing to ever happen to him. Just ignore him.

Guys what's the ROI on Camry 2015 on Uber?

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jcurrency(m): 1:44pm On Jun 22, 2017
Losami:
please i need a driver or a company that helps manage car on uber and TAXIFY platform. toyota corolla .... 40k delivery every week.

Sir, I have been certified and activated as a Uber driver to start driving and I would love to partner with you, as I'm hard-working, reliable, trustworthy, fluently speaking, neat in driving and obeying traffic laws.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jcurrency(m): 2:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
I have been certified
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
2015 Camry on Uber? tokunbo of that car is 11m naira. I reserve my comment

Romeo3:

last night i saw a 2015 Elantra and a 2015 camry on uber and someone is here talking of 2013 corolla as if he is doing anyone any favours.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
alstarmayo:
2015 Camry on Uber? tokunbo of that car is 11m naira. I reserve my comment

maybe it belongs to a ritualist

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jcurrency(m): 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
smiley wink[color=#006600][/color]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jcurrency(m): 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
I smiley
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by xana101: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
Romeo3:

2015 car on uber? The person must be a big business fool

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by scotcom: 3:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Go and watch THIS IS WHY UBER IS A SCAM on u tube then you will understand better,unfortunately you can not upload video on nairaland I would have done that,the analysis is from US and it states everything clearly on Uber's trick.i can not argue with anyone on this platform in order to prove anything but uber has messed up a lot of investment,I really feel bad for those who took HP just before uber reduce fares,obviously they won't be able to cope especially with cars 08 and above
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
OlugbengaE:
The math has been written out all over the internet. When you drive for Uber, you are essentially borrowing the future value of your car from yourself, to pay yourself today. The maintenance costs alone barely keep up what Uber pays you. So while you may get away with no costs in the short term, eventually you're going to have to pay down the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQPj90OrQE

You mean this?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2017
I have been following this thread for a while now, but i don't contribute. However, i feel it is imperative to comment now because there are some misconceptions going around. People have been abusing Romeo for sometime now and i think people are being unfair. Uber is still profitable, but it requires smartness and wisdom to make money. I have attached my last week earnings to prove my point(Note that i didn't include my offline trips, and also i didnt work on Sundays as i use Sundays to rest). I have posted some guidelines below to help you increase your earnings)

1. Try to work on the Island from around 4am to 12noon(Infact if possible, work majorly on the Island because of the Surge). There is almost always surge around the Lekki axis. Use your destination trip to get there. If a rider takes you away from the Island, use the destination trip to take you back.

2. If your rider is going to an area where Uber does not operate e.g Ikorodu, Badagry, Ibeju Lekki. Politely ask that they do the trip offline. If they refuse cancel the trip

3. Immediately you get a request, call the rider and ask where they are going to. If the distance they are going is shorter than the distance it will take you to pick them up, cancel immediately

4. Related to the point above, if you are in a surge area and you receive a request out of the surge area, cancel immediately

5. If a rider tells you that you will have to wait for him/her to buy or pick up something, politely ask how long. If you have to wait for a rider for more than 15mins, politely explain to them that Uber does not pay you for waiting. If you have a nice attitude, they will most likely pay you more than the fare. If they insist on not giving you extra and they are rude about it, then gently tell them that you will give them 20mins, if they are not back by then, end the trip and ask Uber for your money. They will pay you back (Note tha this will probably affect your rating so don't do this often)

6. Target long trips especially during surge. Uber does not allow you know where a rider is going, but you can time yourself to receive long trips. For example, if you go to VI/Lekki area area from 4.30am to 6am, you will almost always receive an airport trip during surge time.

7. When it is raining, make sure you are on the road. There is always surge when it rains

8. Take advantage of Uber promotions. Try to always drive in areas and around the time that will allow you take advantage for Uber promotions. if you need to rearrange your working hours to make it happen for that week, then do it. For instance last week Uber promotions was from 12noon to 4am. I made sure that i was working around that time, so unless there was surge before 12 noon i didnt work

9. Be nice to your riders and engage them in meaningful conversations if you can, you will get good tips if you do

10. Finally, maximise Fri- Mon. Those are the peak days on Uber. People do long trips then, and there is increased demand.

If you follow the above, you will make enough money to make you comfortable. Hope this helps someone

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2017
I abuse Romeo3 but for you....

hey Barman please give this guy a very cold stout.

In fact two bottles of Hennessy on me.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
elninosanz:
I have been following this thread for a while now, but i don't contribute. However, i feel it is imperative to comment now because there are some misconceptions going around. People have been abusing Romeo for sometime now and i think people are being unfair. Uber is still profitable, but it requires smartness and wisdom to make money. I have attached my last week earnings to prove my point(Note that i didn't include my offline trips, and also i didnt work on Sundays as i use Sundays to rest). I have posted some guidelines below to help you increase your earnings)

1. Try to work on the Island from around 4am to 12noon(Infact if possible, work majorly on the Island because of the Surge). There is almost always surge around the Lekki axis. Use your destination trip to get there. If a rider takes you away from the Island, use the destination trip to take you back.

2. If your rider is going to an area where Uber does not operate e.g Ikorodu, Badagry, Ibeju Lekki. Politely ask that they do the trip offline. If they refuse cancel the trip

3. Immediately you get a request, call the rider and ask where they are going to. If the distance they are going is shorter than the distance it will take you to pick them up, cancel immediately

4. Related to the point above, if you are in a surge area and you receive a request out of the surge area, cancel immediately

5. If a rider tells you that you will have to wait for him/her to buy or pick up something, politely ask how long. If you have to wait for a rider for more than 15mins, politely explain to them that Uber does not pay you for waiting. If you have a nice attitude, they will most likely pay you more than the fare. If they insist on not giving you extra and they are rude about it, then gently tell them that you will give them 20mins, if they are not back by then, end the trip and ask Uber for your money. They will pay you back (Note tha this will probably affect your rating so don't do this often)

6. Target long trips especially during surge. Uber does not allow you know where a rider is going, but you can time yourself to receive long trips. For example, if you go to VI/Lekki area area from 4.30am to 6am, you will almost always receive an airport trip during surge time.

7. When it is raining, make sure you are on the road. There is always surge when it rains

8. Take advantage of Uber promotions. Try to always drive in areas and around the time that will allow you take advantage for Uber promotions. if you need to rearrange your working hours to make it happen for that week, then do it. For instance last week Uber promotions was from 12noon to 4am. I made sure that i was working around that time, so unless there was surge before 12 noon i didnt work

9. Be nice to your riders and engage them in meaningful conversations if you can, you will get good tips if you do

10. Finally, maximise Fri- Mon. Those are the peak days on Uber. People do long trips then, and there is increased demand.

If you follow the above, you will make enough money to make you comfortable. Hope this helps someone
thank you man.

i have been vindicated.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Romeo3(m): 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
xana101:

2015 car on uber? The person must be a big business fool
business fool?

the amount of offline trips that car would get him would be more than what he would make on uber in a week.

keep sleeping while wise people are making money.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by osita123(m): 6:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Hi elninosanz, your figures are awesome!. i would like to contact you.kindly send me your whatsapp contact so we can relate.

elninosanz:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OlugbengaE: 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
A gentleman can never vindicate a tout.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by computerglobal(m): 6:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
computerglobal:
Run a record check to know before you buy

Purchase with confidence

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by elninosanz: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2017
OlugbengaE:
I abuse Romeo3 but for you....

hey Barman please give this guy a very cold stout.

In fact two bottles of Hennessy on me.

I don't drink, but i can send you my acct number. Loool
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by protocol(m): 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
The fares are poor but use your initiative. This is me this week. Car toyota corolla 2007. 3k fuel gives me 12-18k depending.

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (5691) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.