Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4729117 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (5688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2018
All these drivers using sakamanje and those things to work una well-done ooo.
Rider will see estimate of 1k plus and at the end of the trip 3 to 4 thousands will be displayed.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
grin don't mind them , they are looking for a way to send us to village .
oluwaseunla:

I hope when they drop 20k, they honestly won't expect partners to be responsible for vehicle repairs.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2018
Gentlelife50:
Rider will see estimate of 1k plus and at the end of the trip 3 to 4 thousands will be displayed.

I like it when they do it on uber, I pay less for the trip after the refund.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

I hope when they drop 20k, they honestly won't expect partners to be responsible for vehicle repairs.

at this rate there will be no "Good" cars left for rental very soon.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Enyinne(f): 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
grin is it cos u enjoy resting under d mango tree all day and u think every driver should join u . Some people working hard to pave their way in transport biz.
Gentlelife50:
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2018
Enyinne:
grin is it cos u enjoy resting under d mango tree all day and u think every driver should join u . Some people working hard to pave their way in transport biz.

Uber drivers are hard to miss. Always hanging around and gisting on the streets grin

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I like it when they do it on uber, I pay less for the trip after the refund.
Bros u understand what I am saying, Uber fare was supposed to be cheaper.
But these days it's higher than Taxify trip gor gor.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by oluwaseunla(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

at this rate there will be no "Good" cars left for rental very soon.

Its happening already. I know a few partners that are selling out. Thing is, there is a limit to how low rentals can be pushed before it stops being profitable. If profit is not made, it's natural for the investor to sell out. After all, it's a business, not charity.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
Enyinne:
Na true, we know them.
Even if i sleep under the mango tree i always pay my dues promptly.
No be today, my own is not do or die.
The funny thing about such drivers is they won't still take care of the vehicles and will even tell their partners stories.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29pm On Oct 21, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Bros u understand what I am saying, Uber fare was supposed to be cheaper.
But these days it's higher than Taxify trip gor gor.

I follow every trip cm by cm, yesterday a driver tried to be smart by ending trips a few streets away, I sha reported him.

Drivers are making more money because a lot of them are becoming dubious.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Its happening already. I know a few partners that are selling out. Thing is, there is a limit to how low rentals can be pushed before it stops being profitable. If profit is not made, it's natural for the investor to sell out. After all, it's a business, not charity.

I'm one of them, I have only 2 left grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I follow every trip cm by cm, yesterday a driver tried to be smart by ending trips a few streets away, I sha reported him.

Drivers are mailing more money because a lot of them are becoming dubious.
Lolzz, salt and pepper things.
grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2018
oluwaseunla:

The real story is that a lot of partners give out dead cars.. And also from my experience maintenance is one of the real issues.. One thing I couldn't understand is the use of water instead of coolant.. So what do u expect, there will be a lot partners cashing out ...bad manager has a lot to do with partners cashing out ...to me personally the business is still very good if you have the following.
1. Good drivers
2. Alive cars , I heard one particular partner gives out dead cars.
3. If you don't have good maintenance culture, you have no business in the uber business.
4. A trust worthy mechanic.. Have spend so much money on one of my gear box..this problem has been going on for months and months... I got a new mechanic and within a week he fix it .. Because of the new mechanic, I have a new lease in the business.. So this is the major reasons partners are cashing out.. And I pray that they continue to cash out .. So that I can continue doing the business.. All my advice fell on deaf ears ,so please partners continue cashing out ..in the mist of their cashing out ,if I can get at least 5 to 10 solid drivers I will be grateful.. And not all drivers are bad, sometimes you will need to kiss a few frogs before you find your Mr. Prince

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:47pm On Oct 21, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Bros let them use it, some riders can be wicked, imagine! Today, I pick a rider from Berger to 2nd round about on taxify 2100. I try to talk to this guys this thing can't be the real price, let them chill while I review, they don't even want to listen to me and one even said is too much, he usually take Ojodu to lekki 1400. Speechless me, I just let dem, while I use d money to buy fuel and feel like blowing home because that sh"t really low my moral. But such its life, its a dog eat dog world out dia.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CharlesJok3r: 9:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Are there Danfo Drivers here?
I AM A DANFO DRIVER, SURE grin grin grin grin

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by CharlesJok3r: 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2018
tongue

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:13pm On Oct 21, 2018
pope191:

Bros let them use it, some riders can be wicked, imagine! Today, I pick a rider from Berger to 2nd round about on taxify 2100. I try to talk to this guys this thing can't be the real price, let them chill while I review, they don't even want to listen to me and one even said is too much, he usually take Ojodu to lekki 1400. Speechless me, I just let dem, while I use d money to buy fuel and feel like blowing home because that sh"t really low my moral. But such its life, its a dog eat dog world out dia.

Sorry for your ordeal Bro, shitt they say happens.
The truth is Uber fare is very low, they should do something about. The job is not easy, sometimes u get short short trips and to worsen the whole thing it will be with long pick up points.
And u end up using the money to buy fuel and start again, and too much cancellation also comes with it's penalty. Otherwise drivers will be able to cancel those long pick up points and short trips.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Drivers are making more money because a lot of them are becoming dubious.
Don't mind my curiosity, I will like to know any harm it is for a driver to end your trip few streets to your destination?

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:45pm On Oct 21, 2018
Gentlelife50:

Sorry for your ordeal Bro, shitt they say happens.
The truth is Uber fare is very low, they should do something about. The job is not easy, sometimes u get short short trips and to worsen the whole thing it will be with long pick up points.
And u end up using the money to buy fuel and start again, and too much cancellation also comes with it's penalty. Otherwise drivers will be able to cancel those long pick up points and short trips.

Completely low, and one person will b requesting from 10mins, only to buy bread at a short distance... The kind swear I dash such rider, in fact I've been off uber for some time now. Thanks to some offline stuff, like on Friday while i was dropping someone at d airport on offline trip, one of my sure business partner requested I get some stuff from him from Ikeja and bring it to Oregun d next day... I billed him 20k and he agree to pay 18k, the way I park the car in front of the office, its like I use stone to shock the 4 legs, enter inside the office and slept off while I wait for dem to process what I came for. There is a need to pay attention to pricing in this business if they really wish drivers well, cos on their part, its more of soldier come, soldier go, its not only the car that will suffer, even the sun is not friendly to the body.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 10:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
pope191:

And they will be lying about the estimate they got while requesting the trip. Heartless riders!

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
dru23:

The real story is that a lot of partners give out dead cars.. And also from my experience maintenance is one of the real issues.. One thing I couldn't understand is the use of water instead of coolant.. So what do u expect, there will be a lot partners cashing out ...bad manager has a lot to do with partners cashing out ...to me personally the business is still very good if you have the following.
1. Good drivers
2. Alive cars , I heard one particular partner gives out dead cars.
3. If you don't have good maintenance culture, you have no business in the uber business.
4. A trust worthy mechanic.. Have spend so much money on one of my gear box..this problem has been going on for months and months... I got a new mechanic and within a week he fix it .. Because of the new mechanic, I have a new lease in the business.. So this is the major reasons partners are cashing out.. And I pray that they continue to cash out .. So that I can continue doing the business.. All my advice fell on deaf ears ,so please partners continue cashing out ..in the mist of their cashing out ,if I can get at least 5 to 10 solid drivers I will be grateful.. And not all drivers are bad, sometimes you will need to kiss a few frogs before you find your Mr. Prince

If managing drivers was that easy, trust me uber and taxify would have been in the biz. With the advent of driveless cars, uber is not asking for partners to bring in their driveless cars into the pool, but uber is now massively building their inventory of driveless cars. Managing just 2 drivers talkless of 10 ain't easy bro.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MoonlightDrive: 10:58pm On Oct 21, 2018
pope191:

Completely low, and one person will b requesting from 10mins, only to buy bread at a short distance... The kind swear I dash such rider, in fact I've been off uber for some time now. Thanks to some offline stuff, like on Friday while i was dropping someone at d airport on offline trip, one of my sure business partner requested I get some stuff from him from Ikeja and bring it to Oregun d next day... I billed him 20k and he agree to pay 18k, the way I park the car in front of the office, its like I use stone to shock the 4 legs, enter inside the office and slept off while I wait for dem to process what I came for. There is a need to pay attention to pricing in this business if they really wish drivers well, cos on their part, its more of soldier come, soldier go, its not only the car that will suffer, even the sun is not friendly to the body.

Even under chilling a.c. you can feel the biting sting of the sun. Is there uber compensation for skin discoloration?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by LCWind(m): 11:14pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hello gurus, My car AC (Toyota corolla 05) doesn't chill very well under hot � sun ☀ and worse off in traffic �. I've refilled the gas but not much changed.
Please, what could be the cause ?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Phargbemmy(m): 11:15pm On Oct 21, 2018
miliki777:
Very clean 3months used 2004 Matrix up for grabs on hire purchase. clean interior and very good engine.

Compulsory 25% down payment and between (25k to 30k) weekly rental

drop ur contact

08186715860/09023636207. certified on both Uber and Taxify
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 11:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
famousguy01:

No vex bro, just looking at it from a personal experience perspective. I did a trip more than 10hrs and covered more than 230km on a 1.6x surge on uber, but its just about 28k. That's the reason why I'm kind of inquisitive about the way u did urs and judging from the time u start its almost impossible to make that kind of money. Will be glad if u can shed more light

"Salt and pepper things" grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 11:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
Enyinne:
grin same uber , my driver made 35k yesterday and his net earning is at 111k as at today .work smart

With "salt and pepper" right angry

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2018
Gentlelife50:

True. I met a taxify driver where I stopped to eat, he told he uses "salt and pepper" and I got confused. I asked him to explain, he sha told me how it works. It's a GPS app in your phone

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mistadayo(m): 11:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
That's how one bike man brought down my side mirror, it's the wire that is holding it. Please how much does it coast to fix a side mirror back. Thinking of going to ladipo. I also need a good price for the painting of my car. Urgent please
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
toomush:

With "salt and pepper" right angry
grin
Na only the driver dey road.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
toomush:

True. I met a taxify driver where I stopped to eat, he told he uses "salt and pepper" and I got confused. I asked him to explain, he sha told me how it works. It's a GPS app in your phone
They will be the first to run and come here to post how they have made millions.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
pope191:

Ur own better, abeg I need just one bottles.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:43pm On Oct 21, 2018
Epphy:

And they will be lying about the estimate they got while requesting the trip. Heartless riders!

I've learn to treat riders based on attitude and manner of approach, I flow with the cool once, but the moment I notice a rider is d rude type dat felt he/she own both you and the car for d trip duration, I just lock up nd face my front jeje, I don't even have that energy to argue wit someone I barely even know.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (5688) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: konkoabove and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.