Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4763325 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) ... (5694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
MobilityExpress:

With 50k you will fix all the problems of a lemon corolla? Wow, take it easy with the lies. This is beyond exaggeration, and you’re literally hallucinating. The same Corolla that I just bought only new front shock absorbers last month for 20k? Smh, your lies are disgusting.

New shock sold at trade fair whole sale price is 12000.

Go aspanda block b, plenty of it in the market.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 8:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
TheCar:

Except we are taking about using aftermarket or tokunbo part for repairs, No car is cheap to maintain in Nigeria.

A Toyota Corolla Alternator OEM cost NGN 100,000.00, a second-hand or tokunbo goes for about 15k I believe.

A Toyota Corolla Front Shock Absorber (Tokico) cost NGN45,000

A Toyota Corolla Rear Shock Absorber (Tokico) cost NGN 40,000

I would definitely not buy a Kia Rio (Personal Opinion) ahead of a Toyota Corolla.

Anyday, Anywhere, Anyplace, A Toyota Corolla is way ahead of a KIA RIO (personal opinion).

I don't even understand the basis of these comparison between a KIA RIO and Toyota Corolla.

Do a KIA RIO command a good resale value compared to a Toyota Corolla
. grin grin cheesy

Resale value is just perception..if all Kia rio owners in Nigeria decide their Kia rio's are worth more value & refuse to sell cheap.. What do you think will happen to the price?

Resale value!! It's all in our head..
Example
I would never buy a naija used 2005 corolla for 1m, no matter how clean.. It's not worth that value to me.
Somebody like you will probably jump at same corolla for 1.4m and feel it was a great bargain.

9 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
Carshopper:
parked for a long time .. so took it for a spin n car wash ... my old fav

some people will shout n rant .. but the decision remains urs... if you like use hybrid or electric vehicle, Toyota, Kia, Peugeot or Nissan... at end of the tunnel it's d same noni... all brands deliver a particular rental based on d decision of the owner ..

The truth is coming out gradually, park for long time. Why was it parked?
Why not on the road generating money.

We know the problem you have been through using Kia rio on Uber, now you want to push your problems to other people.

Go jiji and post your car, don't deceive people here.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Resale value is just perception..if all Kia rio owners in Nigeria decide their Kia rio's are worth more value & refuse to sell cheap.. What do you think will happen to the price?

Example
I would never buy a naija used 2005 corolla for 1m, no matter how clean.. It's not worth that value to me.
Somebody like you will probably jump at same corolla for 1.4m and feel it was a great bargain.

Market is control by demand. Not by meeting and agreeing.

Despite plenty of corolla in Lagos resell value remain high.

Few Kia rio put for sale what you get is 250k. While corolla you beg with 1.2 nobody listen to you.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Example

And there is the missing link ... value is what is given to an object by you ..

Simply put every vehicle will command a price based on perception and d value placed.

So resale Value

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
jpworld:

Few Kia rio put for sale what you get is 250k. While corolla you beg with 1.2 nobody listen to you.

grin...kontinu cooking up stories that don't add up.. my fav remains my fav cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
jpworld:

The truth is coming out gradually, park for long time. Why was it parked?
Why not on the road generating money.

We know the problem you have been through using Kia rio on Uber, now you want to push your problems to other people.

Go jiji and post your car, don't deceive people here.

cheesy... no worry about generating money .. still have 4 generating.. so if one sits out or taps out its ok grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Example

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Welcome on board.

I know you would surely join this conversation since Toyota Corolla is involved. grin grin grin grin grin

Resale value is perception of worth. People pay 5 million naira for a 3 bedroom in Lekki whereas the same 3 bedroom in Mowe or Ikorodu commands just 250k. That is perception of value.

If landlords in Mowe hoard their 3 bedroom apartment, it would still command the price at which lekki's 3 bedroom cost. (Perception of Value & Worth).

wink wink wink wink wink wink

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
TheCar:

Welcome on board.

I know you would surely join this conversation since Toyota Corolla is involved. grin grin grin grin grin

Resale value is perception of worth. People pay 5 million naira for a 3 bedroom in Lekki whereas the same 3 bedroom in Mowe or Ikorodu commands just 250k. That is perception of value.

If landlords in Mowe hoard their 3 bedroom apartment, it would still command the price at which lekki's 3 bedroom cost. (Perception of Value & Worth).

if every one moves to mowe.. perception of value changes ... E.g. amen estate owners felt they were losing out cuz no one was buying .. Then came the boom and amen estate is on every one lips..

perception of value and movement of worth ... it's all plays out in the minds

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by MobilityExpress: 8:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
jpworld:

You claim Kia Rio is worth 250k but you said your girlfriend bought her own Kia Rio for 800k. Why? Why did she pay so much if Kia Rio has no value; why didn’t she pay 250k for it?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
Carshopper:

if every one moves to mowe.. perception of value changes ... E.g. amen estate owners felt they were losing out cuz no one was buying .. Then came the boom and amen estate is on every one lips..

perception of value and movement of worth ... it's all plays out in the minds

Baba mi, thanks for the reply.

The word "IF" is conditional clause.

Lekki is water-locked yet it commands more value that Mowe that is not water-locked, that is the perception of value.

Maybe in the near future a KIA RIO might command more value than a Toyota Corolla that is also a "IF".

At the moment, The King is undisputed (Toyota Corolla).

Forget the fact that I use a Toyota Corolla, If I am offered a KIA RIO and HONDA ACCORD, I take Honda Accord ahead of KIA RIO. tongue

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 8:49pm On Nov 12, 2018
thebigkendo:

Nothing grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
TheCar:

Lekki is water-locked yet it commands more value that Mowe that is not water-locked, that is the perception of value.

Maybe in the near future a KIA RIO might command more value than a Toyota Corolla that is also a "IF".

Forget the fact that I use a Toyota Corolla, If I am offered a KIA RIO and HONDA ACCORD, I take Honda Accord ahead of KIA RIO. tongue

IF is a conditional probality that plays around a lot of indices .. so IF ur official ride is a Kia rio u will resign na cheesy grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
frugal:

Nothing grin

try go price one first grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Ogbunigwe2018: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2018

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Carshopper(m): 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
but honestly what is the points been raised ? All brands work on ehailing .. deliver a rental fee as decided by the partner and every one is happy .. so i don't understand the back n forth discussions grin

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 12, 2018
Carshopper:

IF is a conditional probality that plays around a lot of indices .. so IF ur official ride is a Kia rio u will resign na cheesy grin

If KIA RIO is my official ride, I wouldn't resign.

I DIDN'T USE MY MONEY TO BUY IT, SERVICE IT OR REPAIR IT. wink wink wink

Also "IF" given the option, a KIA RIO wouldn't be my official ride. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by biggace(m): 9:04pm On Nov 12, 2018
TheCar:

If KIA RIO is my official ride, I wouldn't resign.

I DIDN'T USE MY MONEY TO BUY IT, SERVICE IT OR REPAIR IT. wink wink wink

Also "IF" given the option, a KIA RIO wouldn't be my official ride. grin
shikena
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
MobilityExpress:

You claim Kia Rio is worth 250k but you said your girlfriend bought her own Kia Rio for 800k. Why? Why did she pay so much if Kia Rio has no value; why didn’t she pay 250k for it?

At that time she join Uber, only 2008 upward cars are required.

So corolla 2008 is above 3m, so she stumble on this Kia rio of 800k and she was like in 4months I will recover my money.

Rather in 2months she keep putting in money until she is frustrated and sell it off.

There are people here who don't know about cars, they can easily be deceive into paying much higher.

When ogunvic introduce 407 to people, alot of people bought 407 for 1.2/1.4.

So when you start singing praise of Kia rio people might pay that guy 700k thinking is good a buy.

But I can bet you they will surely regret.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by thebigkendo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
TheCar:

Welcome on board.

Exactly.. We are on the same page.. Perception

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
jpworld:

There is no such thing as lemon corolla with 50k you can fix all your corolla problems.

But Kia rio you will struggle forever even after fixing.

A car that won't notify you via dashboard your car is over heating what type of car is that?

This guy Sabi buy chinko parts

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jpworld(m): 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tyche:

This guy Sabi buy chinko parts

All brand new spare parts you buy in Nigeria are all chinko.

Nobody import from Japan or America all is China, only few Indian.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
jpworld:

All brand new spare parts you buy in Nigeria are all chinko.

Nobody import from Japan or America all is China, only few Indian.

I give up
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Rosarie(f): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
pls answer me ooooooo.i need detailed explanations how to join Uber ND taxify.better still any Uber driver or taxify driver in Abuja pls send me a mail.plsssssssss
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stephentobilola(m): 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2018
Rosarie, i belong to ABUJA UBER DRIVERS WHATSAPP GROUP

if u dnt mind leave ur number here, i can try help add you to the group so that u can mingle with us

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
MobilityExpress:

Don’t be stupid! Mind your words when you talk to me, i’m not like Gazzuz that will tolerate your insults because he keeps his cool, always striving to keeps things professional and he’s trying to protect his hard-earned reputation. Nobody is feeding me here on Nairaland. If it’s the small change in your pocket that is fueling your arrogance, you better park one side. Or do you think you’re the only person on this forum that has millions? You must be really stupid to ask if my brain is misfiring. Rubbish!

How come you had 16 likes on this comment. People on nairaland abeg take it easy. .
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
toomush:
Please guys, how much can i charge for a trip to ibadan (to and fro).
Take off location: college road, ogba.

Thanks.

Everyone's Opinion is welcomed.

25k if its me..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:17pm On Nov 12, 2018
Epphy:

Where in Lagos; Mainland or Island?

Where in Ib, hope it's not Oyo town or one suburb? grin

If it's from Mainland to 'Ibadan', like 40k-45k

If from Island, like 45k upwards

You may need to factor in how long you will stay in Ib ( are you coming back same day?), accommodation, etc.

Kilode.. Haba! 25k don do... Besides you cant finish 5k fuel on that trip.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
jpworld:

Believe this conversation at your own peril.

No more whatsapp to drop message or text, only nairaland.

It seems you have a problem, kindly talk to members of your family... I'm sure they can help you.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
Tgiirl:

25k if its me..

This should be maximum

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
A Toyota Prado is needed for a five day lease. If you have one or knows someone who has one and is willing to lease it for five days, please quote me.

It is needed as early as 9.00am tomorrow. Thank you.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tgiirl(m): 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
TheCar:

I ve driven toyota corolla and honda civic . I will choose civic over corolla. Only that I recent got another toyota 2010 corolla cos I saw it cheap at 1m... I'm the 2nd user and the car was bought new by a bank.

Civic seem stronger than the 2 corollas without having issues on bad road. It consumes less fuel. Cost of parts are pretty less and easy to get genuine parts unlike corollas that has fake n bad parts sold in the market as toks

As for kia Rio. I don't know much about it but have a friend ( like a bro) driving it on Taxify.. I hardly see him fixed it since he started driving from march this year till date

Also. Toyota Yaris is a better car for this hustle than corolla, if not for the small size like kia Rio. Its a sweet ride.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) (1126) ... (5694) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Barbiturate(m), Conner44 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.